Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Did Bucky also kill Hitler or were those false memories? Or was it a different Hitler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

at this juncture who hasnt killed hitler

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

at this juncture who hasnt killed hitler

Or became hitler.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
You either kill a Hitler or live long enough to see yourself become the Hitler.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I think you will find Deadpool, Cable, and Nick Fury killed time traveling Hitler in the late 50s

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Servoret posted:

That's actually Roy Thomas doing a callback to something that really happened in a Golden Age comic, because that's how he rolls.

From Young Men #24, the issue that began the brief Fifties revival of the Human Torch, Namor, and Captain America (the Commie Smasher version that was later retconned into being an evil McCarthyite imitator of the real Cap).

I feel like this should replace the cap punches Hitler pic as the go-to "comics are obviously political" image

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Proteus Jones posted:

I think you will find Deadpool, Cable, and Nick Fury killed time traveling Hitler in the late 50s

I love this art. What’s it from?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

It's from the Deadpool run in 2012/2015. I can't remember exact issue because I didn't think to label my screenshots from then, but they did the entire issue in the style of old 4 color on cheap paper.

E: Found it. Issue 26 of Deadpool (2012-2015): Death Comes to Tinseltown (or The Last Hitler)

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 25, 2018

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Jordan7hm posted:

Deadpool 2012-2015 #26.
#7 and #13 have more amazing flashback gags, and there's one more after that's Black Panther/lotsa Kirby gags.

Edit: drat you, Proteus Jones!

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Those so called inventory issues were all good, though the best is the one that introduced The White Man.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So what's all this about the Human Torch having "Android blood"?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The Human Torch and The Human Torch are different entities.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Human "Jim Hammond" Torch and Johnny "The Human Torch" Storm.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Who What Now posted:

The Human Torch in WWII was Jim Hammond, an artificially-created human.

He is distinct from the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four, who's a normal human that later got powers.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hell yeah comic book cheat codes!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

goatface posted:

Did Bucky also kill Hitler or were those false memories? Or was it a different Hitler?

If Bucky has ever claimed to kill Hitler that was a writer loving up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
reminder: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hate-Monger_(Earth-616)

lots of people in the marvel universe have killed hitler.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 25, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also i was not aware of this detail:

quote:

Meanwhile SHIELD agent "Tony Masters" went on to become the costumed operative known as the Taskmaster, the influences of the Hitler DNA in his body causing him to alternate between being good and evil.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Taskmaster is part Hitler!

Yeah, no. I'm just going to ignore that detail.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

If Bucky has ever claimed to kill Hitler that was a writer loving up.

Bendis!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If you're gonna make a character have Hitler DNA at least make him a total goober like that guy in Archer

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Having just read the issue cited in the wiki (Taskmaster v2 #3), Taskmaster isn't part Hitler, just whoever wrote it is really bad at reading.

He injects himself with a serum created by a Nazi that is supposed to unlock the implicit memory of the subject who is then supposed to be injected with Hitler DNA to overwrite their explicit memory to create a super-human Hitler, but it itself doesn't contain Hitler DNA and he doesn't inject himself with Hitler DNA which is why instead he's got super-human implicit memory and a completely plastic explicit memory.
In that issue it even explicitly says he vacillates between good and evil because he literally can't recall what side he is on from month to month and just does what his handler says to do, which often includes deep under-cover work as a villain.

But, the comic itself is pretty good as comics titled 'The Town That Was Hitler' go

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I've always had this idea in my head for a story about what would realistically have happened if Hitler had survived WW2. Basically Hitler gets captured and put on trial for the Holocaust where he gets thrown in a cell for the rest of his life. While in the cell he begins writing Mein Kamph 2: Härter kämpfen. However as he writes his brain begins being eaten by syphilis so as he writes it begins getting more and more strange as his mind goes. He eventually dies a drooling babbling shell of his former self who can't even control his bladder or bowels.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

I've always had this idea in my head for a story about what would realistically have happened if Hitler had survived WW2. Basically Hitler gets captured and put on trial for the Holocaust where he gets thrown in a cell for the rest of his life.

He would've been captured by the Soviets, so I doubt that.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Who What Now posted:

The original Human Torch, confusingly, wasn't actually human.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Ghostlight posted:

Having just read the issue cited in the wiki (Taskmaster v2 #3), Taskmaster isn't part Hitler, just whoever wrote it is really bad at reading.

He injects himself with a serum created by a Nazi that is supposed to unlock the implicit memory of the subject who is then supposed to be injected with Hitler DNA to overwrite their explicit memory to create a super-human Hitler, but it itself doesn't contain Hitler DNA and he doesn't inject himself with Hitler DNA which is why instead he's got super-human implicit memory and a completely plastic explicit memory.
In that issue it even explicitly says he vacillates between good and evil because he literally can't recall what side he is on from month to month and just does what his handler says to do, which often includes deep under-cover work as a villain.

But, the comic itself is pretty good as comics titled 'The Town That Was Hitler' go

I'm assuming the lackey is laughing over the fact that he's a member of MILF.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The next page is the insecure writer laying out all the jokes for the reader, so it's both that and the fact that he's named himself Redshirt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Remember when people thought that was "the best Taskmaster story ever"?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Lurdiak posted:

Remember when people thought that was "the best Taskmaster story ever"?

Yes, I remember when people were wrong and purposely ignored the Udon Taskmaster mini.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Proteus Jones posted:

I love that one guard who sees his opportunity to bail and grabs it with both hands

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Coolguye posted:

I love that one guard who sees his opportunity to bail and grabs it with both hands

He also miraculously loses ze German accent.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
That Taskmaster mini was fun but I'm sort of glad that a lot of it has been ignored. I don't think it left the door open for a lot of stories with the "classic" Taskmaster, who I think is a more flexible and interesting character than the version that story left us with.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Talking about who killed Hitler always makes me think about "Wikihistory" - https://www.tor.com/2011/08/31/wikihistory/

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
X-O pls forgive the sin of posting not-panels to the panels thread:

https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/nancy-comic-artist-olivia-jaimes-gives-extended-interview.html

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
https://twitter.com/hulknaps/status/1066507196786188288

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Mister Mind posted:

Talking about who killed Hitler always makes me think about "Wikihistory" - https://www.tor.com/2011/08/31/wikihistory/

And also MISSIVES FROM POSSIBLE FUTURES

quote:

Dear CUSTOMER:

You have tried a sample search using Multiversity, the best alternate-history search engine around. You asked to see the DEATH OF ADOLF HITLER, in VIENNA, AUSTRIA in 1908. This is one of our more popular questions, so we have an extensive selection of possible scenarios around this event, ranging from ADOLF HITLER KILLED IN MUGGING to ADOLF HITLER KILLED BY MARATHON FORNICATION WITH VIENNESE PROSTITUTES, REVEALED TO BE TIME-TRAVELERS FROM A VERY SEXY FUTURE. Since this is a free sample, you only get summaries of a few scenarios, but more extensive discussions can be had for as little as $59.95.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cupcakes? I would have thought she'd prefer Ding Dongs