Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Anyone play Mutant League Football?

I'm debating grabbing that up or DKCTF while it's on sale. I've played DK on Wii U, so I'm cool with holding off on it.

Yeah I got it on PS4. Dynasty Mode is a fun little addition to the experience!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Whats the best method of swapping out SD cards? Do I need to migrate my downloaded data onto the switch, then move it back to the new card, or can I just plug it in and re-download the games.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Are they just going to port the motion controls to the joycon or are they going to remake the entire game system
And if they do that can they make it fun

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

onesixtwo posted:

Whats the best method of swapping out SD cards? Do I need to migrate my downloaded data onto the switch, then move it back to the new card, or can I just plug it in and re-download the games.

You can just plug it in and re-download the games. Save data is always kept on the Switches internal storage so there's no risk of losing it in the transition.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Are they just going to port the motion controls to the joycon or are they going to remake the entire game system

I don’t see how they could make it work in handheld mode without scrapping motion controls so here’s hoping. With that said if they just remove the annoying this is a rupee poo poo that would be good enough for me.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

I have a sinking feeling Nintendo doesn't want to bring back Mario Maker. The 3DS version had its level-sharing decimated and the Wii U version has a new thing going around where you can crash a whole console with a level.

I think Nintendo wants to avoid basically any user-created content because of how frequently they've been attack vectors for hackers or legally compromising.

Yeah I can't see how they could possibly just make it so, you know, that doesn't happen. But that would require QA.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Anyone play Mutant League Football?

I'm debating grabbing that up or DKCTF while it's on sale. I've played DK on Wii U, so I'm cool with holding off on it.

I'm doing a MLF dynasty right now and drat if it isn't good pick-up-and-play. More of a challenge than you'd expect too.

But if you don't have that nostalgia for the original it probably won't hold up. It's not the greatest football sim ever made.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

repiv posted:

You can just plug it in and re-download the games. Save data is always kept on the Switches internal storage so there's no risk of losing it in the transition.

This makes me so happy. Finally Nintendo has figured out at least this facet of media/saves/digital.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Every day that goes by without the announcement of a US release of the Switch port of Lady Layton can only be interpreted as an act of malice by Nintendo

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Every day that goes by without the announcement of a US release of the Switch port of Lady Layton can only be interpreted as an act of malice by Nintendo

I played that on mobile and I thought it was kind of underwhelming. I’d rather see them port the prequel trilogy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It’ll probably be a game that just won’t work in handheld mode like 1, 2, Switch and Mario Party. The motion controls are the game and I don’t see how it would work with them mapping buttons.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

mdemone posted:

Yeah I can't see how they could possibly just make it so, you know, that doesn't happen. But that would require QA.

QA is money. Does nintendo want to spend money on a Switch game where, due to the change to touchscreen technology, creating levels will be harder, spend intensive QA money on maintaining security and stability, and spend money on maintaining servers, all while risking a reduced interest in full-package 2D Marios when the Mario Maker community has proven more than capable of creating great courses?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GameStop is apparently selling factory refurbished Wii Us for only $100. That’s an amazing deal, especially if you plan on hacking it.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I want boom blox 1 + 2 rerelease for Switch. Do it Spielberg you coward

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

SeANMcBAY posted:

GameStop is apparently selling factory refurbished Wii Us for only $100. That’s an amazing deal, especially if you plan on hacking it.

I'm tempted but I would much prefer my switch could do that stuff.

Might go for it anyway. Will the switch pro controller work with the Wii u?

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Reality Winter posted:

No, but you get an even better pro controller for the Wii U.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

please release Skyward Sword HD and a Fi amiibo :pray:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Just bought a switch on Black Friday and now I’m looking for a second dock option for when I want to take Smash and Jackbox to a friends house. Was looking at a couple on Amazon that are just a cord which would be way more convenient than a dock. Like this one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D6GXHKV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.-W-BbW1SJM8E
Anyone have experience with these or should i just bite the bullet and buy the hella expensive official Nintendo one.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the next Pokémon game probably won’t have Let’s Go’s catching mechanics and that’s fine but I hope they keep the way random encounters work, where you walk into the Pokémon on the map

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Reality Winter posted:

You can literally do crazy poo poo on a hacked Wii U like play GameCube games through the virtual Wii shell. Having the ability to play GameCube games natively over HDMI alone makes keeping my Wii U worth it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Pops Mgee posted:

Just bought a switch on Black Friday and now I’m looking for a second dock option for when I want to take Smash and Jackbox to a friends house. Was looking at a couple on Amazon that are just a cord which would be way more convenient than a dock. Like this one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D6GXHKV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.-W-BbW1SJM8E
Anyone have experience with these or should i just bite the bullet and buy the hella expensive official Nintendo one.

Get the real one, all dock solutions other than the official Nintendo chipset have serious power management issues that can gently caress up your Switch.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Considering the improvements that went into Wind Waker HD, Skyward Sword HD will be fine. However, it's too soon for me to want to replay it again.

Mario Maker is a treasure that will be reserved only for those who kept the faith during the dark years.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Starlink is pretty fun? I love me some elite dangerous and this is scratching the same itch, on the switch

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Considering the improvements that went into Wind Waker HD, Skyward Sword HD will be fine. However, it's too soon for me to want to replay it again.

Mario Maker is a treasure that will be reserved only for those who kept the faith during the dark years.

The qol changes from WW vanilla to HD would also suggest that SS HD would have a ton of improvements and fixes that made it a radically better game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

pentyne posted:

The qol changes from WW vanilla to HD would also suggest that SS HD would have a ton of improvements and fixes that made it a radically better game.

Making Fi a button you can ignore would sell me.

Also getting rid of the notification of what a rupee is just because the system reset would be huge.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I actually started playing Wind Waker on my Wii today but I had to stop about ten seconds in because I couldn't stop laughing at Link's crawling animation

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Also getting rid of the notification of what a rupee is just because the system reset would be huge.

That one was a bug in Twilight Princess.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Fi amiibo is the only way to add the ability to toggle her off in the game.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Cartoon Man posted:

The Fi amiibo is the only way to add the ability to toggle her off in the game.

I'll buy 30.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Getting rid of the notification every time you pick something up for the first time EACH TIME YOU LOAD A GAME FILE.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I can’t believe they did that again after TP.

I never played SS so I would love a remaster especially if it fixes some of the stuff people gripe about

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I never played SS but I suspect it would be extremely rough for me to go from BoTW to any pre-BoTW game ever again

Cept for the game boy color trilogy, those games rule

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime 1&2, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart Double-Dash. There's more than you think, though some just differentiate a soft/full-click press on them rather than the full sliding-scale.

F-Zero GX
Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart Double Dash
Zelda Windwaker (for those who didn thave a WiiU)
Viewitful Joe 1/2
Rogue Squadron 1/2/3
Twin Snakes
Luigi's Mansion
Metroid Prime 1/2/3
Eternal Darkness
Donkey Konga 1/2
Monkeyball
Twighlight Princess
Paper Mario
Animal Crossing
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Mario Strikers
Pikmin
Timesplitters 2

Id buy any of those although we are more likely to get new Mario Golf, etc instead of gamecube ones.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

For Skyward Sword, they should make it so you can swing your sword with the right analog stick. It'll feel perfectly natural, and they won't have to change much.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Takoluka posted:

For Skyward Sword, they should make it so you can swing your sword with the right analog stick. It'll feel perfectly natural, and they won't have to change much.

Instead they’ll release a Zelda themed dildo for $50 and cripple the controls without it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Instead they’ll release a Zelda themed dildo for $50 and cripple the controls without it.

This is going to upend a lot of Zelda lore

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Takoluka posted:

goons really don't know jack poo poo about game design huh

a huge part of Skyward Sword's controls requires that your sword position is independent from your swing direction.

EDIT: To clarify, it's almost certainly possible to construct a new input system that doesn't require motion controls while still facilitating all relevant inputs, but it wouldn't be a bing bong so simple quick fix, it'd take a lot of testing and iteration.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 26, 2018

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

DoctorWhat posted:

goons really don't know jack poo poo about game design huh

a huge part of Skyward Sword's controls requires that your sword position is independent from your swing direction.

So? Make it so I can use the Pro Controller by any means necessary. Figure it out for me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sorry Nintendo has now decided that your expensive Pro Controller is incompatible with Skyward Sword Remastered and you must use Joycon.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

it would be a good thing for an alternate control scheme to be available, especially because it would make the game more accessible to game players with disabilities. I simply find this discourse about "how easy it would be" to "fix" Skyward Sword's controls to be, frankly, exhausting, uninformed, and all-around terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DoctorWhat posted:

it would be a good thing for an alternate control scheme to be available, especially because it would make the game more accessible to game players with disabilities. I simply find this discourse about "how easy it would be" to "fix" Skyward Sword's controls to be, frankly, exhausting, uninformed, and all-around terrible.

Right analog stick to position the sword, right bumper to swing.

No camera controls.