Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Saryn's thing is range. All the range. Power is way less important since her spores scale pretty quickly without piling on stuff like Augur Secrets and Power Drift. You want spores and your 4 to go as far as possible, to spread spores as far as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you aren't killing the whole map in spores, you're loving it up.
Saryn is king shot of defense mountain.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a real big fan of regenerating molt. It's saved my butt tons of times, but once you've got arcanes or something else for health then it can be easily tossed aside.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Inzombiac posted:

If you aren't killing the whole map in spores, you're loving it up.
Saryn is king shot of defense mountain.
Really? She's good, and part of why I love her (other than the big bap) is her defense ability... but isn't Octavia somewhat better?

Might be doing it wrong.

To the goon looking for their new weapon name: "Fortuna Grakata," duh

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

We did some testing today and apparently a Limbo's CorPro doesn't activate if Limbo if in the Rift while an enemy spawns.
Limbo has innate -1 CorPro. :dawkins101:

There's no winning when DE just hates your frame.

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

Jack Trades posted:

We did some testing today and apparently a Limbo's CorPro doesn't activate if Limbo if in the Rift while an enemy spawns.
Limbo has innate -1 CorPro. :dawkins101:

There's no winning when DE just hates your frame.
Amazing.

Did you check if this also applies to other frames with CorPro if they're in the rift when an enemy spawns? It wouldn't be Limbo if it wasn't screwing over your teammates as well, after all.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Today on Warframe I did various weird things, like lend someone a fire rate riven for Burston so they could see how it stacks up with Shred and Vile Accel and realising that Burston Prime is basically what I wanted Sybaris to be.

I have also added more awful names to my gear like my Heavy Blade Zaw DodKrahmpus, and my Catchmoon Arca Kirk. (It's like Sisco but more violent)

And started like, one of every moa part building. Ugh.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am loving the Switch version of this game. But I am going only melee because I loving hate aiming on anything that is not a mouse. Does gyro controls help at all? I tried to use it but it didn't feel right.

Side note, is there a Goon clan on Switch?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Tylana posted:

Today on Warframe I did various weird things, like lend someone a fire rate riven for Burston so they could see how it stacks up with Shred and Vile Accel and realising that Burston Prime is basically what I wanted Sybaris to be.

I have also added more awful names to my gear like my Heavy Blade Zaw DodKrahmpus, and my Catchmoon Arca Kirk. (It's like Sisco but more violent)

And started like, one of every moa part building. Ugh.

Kirk more violent than Sisco? I'm not sure I'd agree with that one. Did you even watch DS9?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nessus posted:

Really? She's good, and part of why I love her (other than the big bap) is her defense ability... but isn't Octavia somewhat better?

Might be doing it wrong.

To the goon looking for their new weapon name: "Fortuna Grakata," duh

Well that's the issue:
Too many good frames. Yeah Octavia is super good but Saryn is great with minimal effort.

To me that is the most important aspect of a mindless hoard shooter.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hobold posted:

Kirk more violent than Sisco? I'm not sure I'd agree with that one. Did you even watch DS9?

Sisco is more warframe. Kirk's only guilty of crimes. Sisco? Warcimes.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Mesadoram posted:

I am loving the Switch version of this game. But I am going only melee because I loving hate aiming on anything that is not a mouse. Does gyro controls help at all? I tried to use it but it didn't feel right.

aim heavy weapons suck for gamepads, thankfully there are weapons and Warframe skills that just erase things that are in your general direction/time zone without much aiming.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Yeah the Liset cockpit thing is really confusing - I thought it was super cool that the descending ramp to the foundry was CLEARLY the airlock / dividing line between the lander and orbiter, but then it doesn't swap out for other landers so welp.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Nessus posted:

To the goon looking for their new weapon name: "Fortwona Grakata," duh

I mean come on. It's right there. You were so close.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

DelphiAegis posted:

Since you can now rename any secondary, I'm having trouble deciding between two names for my 5-forma twin grakata. It doesn't even have a riven!

Any suggestions thread?
"TWOO GRAKATA" is my frontrunner but I'm undecided.

By the way, if anyone wants to assist me with getting a twin grak riven (IDC, I'll roll it if it's bad) I have the following rivens taking up space in my inventory and would trade for any of them (or two or w/e, i know people like twin graks):

Daikyu (levelled for some reason?)

IGN is the same as SA.

Oh poo poo, I've got a decent Twin Grak Riven that I almost never use anymore, I'll gladly swap for your Daikyu! In-game is Agymnon. I'm usually on in the evenings Seoul-time. As for names, maybe Dakkakgrakata?

Twin Grakatas Critaata
+235.4% Damage,
+168.9% Critical Chance,
-20% Damage to Grineer.

It's prettty stupidly good, but I got it for free from another goon and barely touch it anymore since I built a few kitguns, so I'll pay it forward. I really like the Daikyu just for the 'I'm a stupidly huge-rear end bow' element, and I think it would see more use than my Twin Graks.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 26, 2018

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Mesadoram posted:

Over in the console thread one is assembling, yes.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Thranguy posted:

Over in the console thread one is assembling, yes.

Thank ya

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I splurged on the fancy skins for Nidus and Trinity today, anyone wanna give me some build pointers or goon recommended builds?

Nidus looks like efficiency is the dump stat since he can gain energy with virulence anyway and apart from that i want armor and health, right?

Trinity on the other hand feels like there's probably a few highly specific builds to get the most out of her.

Edit: Still playing around with the Phryke pack but i already really like the Strega skin.

Bistromatic fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 26, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Trinity wants range, and strength at 150% maximizes the DR for bless. You'll want some duration so you arent recasting link all the time. In theory she could tank efficiency with her energy leech skill, but I find that a little risky and pushes up the cost of the other skills.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
For Trinity, just a bit of everything, maybe ignore Efficency. Energy Vampire spits otu the rest of it's pulses if you kill the target, so mostly you just need to not drop below that. There's a +str that caps out Bless DR. And duration is nice.

Also I amend my statement : Arca Kirk, because it's cruder than Sisco.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Is there anyway to make sense of the riven market? I unveiled a Fragor Magna-tempitis which I have no interest in keeping, but trying to judge a price from riven.market is drat near impossible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I found I had way too many resources so I fixed that by building a bunch of spoiler gear and I look like a massive idiot now.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
As long as you've colour coordinated everything with your usual eye-crime palette, it'll be good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bistromatic posted:

I splurged on the fancy skins for Nidus and Trinity today, anyone wanna give me some build pointers or goon recommended builds?

Nidus looks like efficiency is the dump stat since he can gain energy with virulence anyway and apart from that i want armor and health, right?

Trinity on the other hand feels like there's probably a few highly specific builds to get the most out of her.

Edit: Still playing around with the Phryke pack but i already really like the Strega skin.

Nidus wants health and armor, no shield obviously, range and strength.
Anything past that is optional.

Also range is more important than strength. You want your tentacle baby to grab EVERYTHING and your foot stop to go across the level.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Elissimpark posted:

As long as you've colour coordinated everything with your usual eye-crime palette, it'll be good.

Its pretty annoying matching different parts because some parts need a different color layout that makes other parts look like poo poo!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i wish loving colors didn't cost loving platinum loving hell

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
So I kind of enjoy leveling bad weapons, but am also getting tired of spending 12 plat all the time. If I sell a weapon that I'm never going to use again that I've maxed out, do I keep that mastery progress? Do I get that weapon slot back?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

So I kind of enjoy leveling bad weapons, but am also getting tired of spending 12 plat all the time. If I sell a weapon that I'm never going to use again that I've maxed out, do I keep that mastery progress? Do I get that weapon slot back?

You keep the mastery. You get the slot back.

I usually keep the weapons that I'm planning on using and weapons that required a lot of hard to get resources to build but sell everything that is reasonably easy to craft again if I wanted to use it later to conserve slots.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Also, don't forget about https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
So, last night I discovered how bugfuck insane a gas Lanka can be when combined with Magnetize - what other weapons have interesting projectiles that synergize well with the Mag Bubble? What happens to a Plasmor or Catchmoon projectile?

I also decided to experiment with the Mecha set with my Kubrow, and on paper and in the simulacrum, it's completely awesome! Just use a high-status weapon to kill a single marked enemy, and every enemy in 30m gets hit by all the status effects on the marked guy, which usually just straight up kills everything.

The only problem is that the 'mark' above the enemy is so loving hard to see that I can never tell when my spacedoggo chooses someone to elimination. I've tried messing around with all the colors in the palette but nothing seems to change the default light bluey-green. It's like to make it something more distinctive, is this just impossible?

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 26, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You cant buy stuff from the market in the Warframe app can you? I had a sudden urge to build a fomorian accelerant Drakgoon.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Welp, I reinstalled on a whim. Going to give it a bit before I reapply to the goon clan to see if I am really up for another month or two in this game (I hope that isn’t read as a diss. I love the game but I have terrible gamers ADHD)

I came off the Second Dream last I played. Can I go ahead into Fortuna ASAP? Also, if I port my PC account to a Switch account will I lose anything on the PC account?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
It's just a one time copy to the switch, everything except for your plat and tennogen stuff, and it leaves your PC account intact. As for Fortuna, yeah you should be fine to jump right in.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You can jump straight into Fortuna. Some stuff you can build requires components from Plains though.

Copying your PC account will grab everything except plat and pc exclusive items.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
No ignis wraith on switch copy :colbert:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

McKilligan posted:

So, last night I discovered how bugfuck insane a gas Lanka can be when combined with Magnetize - what other weapons have interesting projectiles that synergize well with the Mag Bubble?

Shoot a penta into it but don't detonate the grenades.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What they think Tenno want:

What Tenno actually want:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spacemommer.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

Shoot a penta into it but don't detonate the grenades.

Now I'm wondering what happens if you fire a phantasma secondary into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

things