Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone tried reforming into enatic? Does it break the game in hilarious ways?

Doing an enatic Suomenusko Estonia game, no issues so far. I mean event text occasionally refers to a 'man' or something when it shouldn't, but otherwise it's entertaining.

Might be fun to generate a random world so that all religions have enatic clans. Might be a fun let's play. :getin:

EDIT: BTW, it's a super easy mod to make it so you can use 'historical' holding types in a randomized game, so that England doesn't wind up nomadic or whatever. Weird that it's not a default option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Thinking about later games, is it possible to create a giant viking empire in the name of Odin? I'm going to assume conquering Europe as a Muslim kingdom is totally possible because I have the Sword of Islam DLC.

Super easy once they fix the weird conversion weights.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Stupid noobie questuon: I'm playing as the petty Kingdom Of Mume and I've taken out the county south west of me thanks to the dejure cb. Problem is, when he surrenders the old count is still in place, and then a couple months later he rebels. I cannot revoke his title and a plot to kill him takes too long. What options do I have to remove him and take the county into my control?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Kris xK posted:

Stupid noobie questuon: I'm playing as the petty Kingdom Of Mume and I've taken out the county south west of me thanks to the dejure cb. Problem is, when he surrenders the old count is still in place, and then a couple months later he rebels. I cannot revoke his title and a plot to kill him takes too long. What options do I have to remove him and take the county into my control?

Your first war with him was to press your de jure claim to be his overlord as his duke. After he lost that, he became your vassal. But you had a truce with him after winning the war, and you can't revoke titles from rulers you have a truce with. You could wait until the truce is over to revoke the title. But, since he rebelled, he has actually invalidated the truce. Beat his rebellion, you will automatically imprison him if you win. And you will also get a justified reason for revoking his county, since he has acted treasonous towards you. If you revoke somebody's title without reason, it will piss off all your vassals.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Torrannor posted:

Your first war with him was to press your de jure claim to be his overlord as his duke. After he lost that, he became your vassal. But you had a truce with him after winning the war, and you can't revoke titles from rulers you have a truce with. You could wait until the truce is over to revoke the title. But, since he rebelled, he has actually invalidated the truce. Beat his rebellion, you will automatically imprison him if you win. And you will also get a justified reason for revoking his county, since he has acted treasonous towards you. If you revoke somebody's title without reason, it will piss off all your vassals.

Okay thanks. I'm going to assume it was just bad luck that he also rebelled with the south eastern county and they had a levy larger than mine. Somehow he had become the heir for that county.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if i do shattered world with initial succession set to all primogeniture am I a coward?

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Fintilgin posted:

Doing an enatic Suomenusko Estonia game, no issues so far. I mean event text occasionally refers to a 'man' or something when it shouldn't, but otherwise it's entertaining.

Might be fun to generate a random world so that all religions have enatic clans. Might be a fun let's play. :getin:

EDIT: BTW, it's a super easy mod to make it so you can use 'historical' holding types in a randomized game, so that England doesn't wind up nomadic or whatever. Weird that it's not a default option.

Going off my earlier question, does Open Succession actually override Elective Gavelkind itself?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Torrannor posted:

If you revoke somebody's title without reason, it will piss off all your vassals.

Does it still piss everyone off if you plot to revoke? I've never been clear on that.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Does it still piss everyone off if you plot to revoke? I've never been clear on that.

Plots are a way to get a "valid" revocation, from what I recall. That's what the point of them is.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Stairmaster posted:

if i do shattered world with initial succession set to all primogeniture am I a coward?

Ultimogeniture is usually better, so I think you're in the clear.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

Only if you don't do animal kingdoms and try to get as many species in your family tree as possible.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Things were going well. I was a well liked ruler with a long reign, I was kind and charitable, I sent gifts to all the elders, and they just would not stop wavering between my candidate (who they deemed to not look fit enough to rule) and the person they ended up giving 4 of my 5 kingdoms to.

I just don't get it. The elder with the lowest opinion of me had me at +63 but my heir had a -1000 modifier for not looking the part but they happily handed over most of the territory to a leper.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

SkySteak posted:

Going off my earlier question, does Open Succession actually override Elective Gavelkind itself?

Yup.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Never form titles equal to your highest under eldership unless you mean to give them out right away and they don't have important land in them. Same as any other elective law really.

The elders, tbh, remind me a lot of how elective used to be lol

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I'm playing a Shattered World Antioch game and there's a Chinese guy in Arabia who has 37 martial, 4k demesne troops out of a bunch of counties with no buildings at all, another 5k event troops and 37 martial score to lead everything, what do I do about that? Do I just hope that I can hurl enough stuff at the Dragon Emperor to sic the Chinese army on him before he reaches me? I have 0% intrigue power to murder him with no potential accomplices and our pcs is -2 vs 156.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Roman reformation bloodline is pretty lovely.

Not even worth being Christian or Hellenic for, and you get 0 bonuses if you aren't them.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 25, 2018

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Free +5 opinion is nothing to sneeze at. It's not much, but all the little +5s add up. I think Augustus gives +10, Born in the Purple gives +5, being the leader of the Hellenic church gives some, etc. It doesn't take that long to stack the modifiers to the point where everyone loves you from the moment your ruler takes power.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Never form titles equal to your highest under eldership unless you mean to give them out right away and they don't have important land in them. Same as any other elective law really.

The elders, tbh, remind me a lot of how elective used to be lol

I only formed the first one, and subjugated my way to getting the rest. I would have loved to use the prestige from making them to build up my realm though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You get the born in the purple and Augustus traits even if you're Germanic or whatever, so it's really only the one +5 that is exclusive to the bloodline.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

I mean, what could be meaningfully useful to you by that point that isn't also completely absurd? That seems pretty in line with most bloodlines. I guess the Saoshyant bloodline and similar are better, but bloodlines shouldn't be massive in and of themselves; they just represent being related to famous people. More respect and prestige and stuff and maybe certain forms of influencing people fit, but they aren't magic.

Asehujiko posted:

I'm playing a Shattered World Antioch game and there's a Chinese guy in Arabia who has 37 martial, 4k demesne troops out of a bunch of counties with no buildings at all, another 5k event troops and 37 martial score to lead everything, what do I do about that? Do I just hope that I can hurl enough stuff at the Dragon Emperor to sic the Chinese army on him before he reaches me? I have 0% intrigue power to murder him with no potential accomplices and our pcs is -2 vs 156.

That guy sounds like one of those "Great Conquerors" or whatever. Watch the gently caress out basically. Maybe turn them off in the next one you try if you don't want to risk being around one next time?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Volkerball posted:

You get the born in the purple and Augustus traits even if you're Germanic or whatever, so it's really only the one +5 that is exclusive to the bloodline.

That's true. I mean it is a very disappointing set of traits for the bloodline, but at least it's better than +5 tribal opinion or something that would be even lamer.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Huh, so there is a reason to pay for that event.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Roland Jones posted:

I mean, what could be meaningfully useful to you by that point that isn't also completely absurd?

Maybe a bonus to troop morale or supply or something.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

I mean, what could be meaningfully useful to you by that point that isn't also completely absurd? That seems pretty in line with most bloodlines. I guess the Saoshyant bloodline and similar are better, but bloodlines shouldn't be massive in and of themselves; they just represent being related to famous people. More respect and prestige and stuff and maybe certain forms of influencing people fit, but they aren't magic.

That guy sounds like one of those "Great Conquerors" or whatever. Watch the gently caress out basically. Maybe turn them off in the next one you try if you don't want to risk being around one next time?

I think I have those turned off and it looks as if it's just this guy, no-one else is anywhere close to being as threatening, I'm about to become king of Syria when I can afford the title creation cost, no other AI is anywhere near us two.

Semi related, what is the AI doing to get Duke tier titles with just a single holding? One of the counts directly north of me made himself Duke but he only has a single county instead of the 3 he'd need to create it normally and he hasn't conquered and then lost his neighbours as far as I can tell.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Are anyone else getting the "suspected bastard" event every time a concubine gets pregnant now? Seems to happen pretty much whatever ruler you play as.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
A duke called in a favor to make me call a vote on my liege's council. That's cool, except I'm not on my liege's council. The vote went through anyway. Is this a bug?

In other news, my wife is currently cucking me with one of her own brothers. :eyepop:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Are anyone else getting the "suspected bastard" event every time a concubine gets pregnant now? Seems to happen pretty much whatever ruler you play as.

I've been getting it too with my regular wives. I think someone accidentally messed with the cuck variable or something.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Is there a reason why muslims in iberia are lacking faces?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Can i claim more than one province during a war? I only have to kick the Picts/Scots out of Northren Ireland to fully claim the island for Ireland, but I don't want to do 4 wars to claim 4 provinces.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Can i claim more than one province during a war? I only have to kick the Picts/Scots out of Northren Ireland to fully claim the island for Ireland, but I don't want to do 4 wars to claim 4 provinces.

If you personally have multiple strong claims you can press them all at once, otherwise you need a CB that covers multiple provinces.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

You can build up as many claims as you want before declaring war

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea i currently have claims for all the provinces I want, but I can't figure out how to select more than one when i declare war.

And when I am a proper feudal kingdom, warnings about losing tiles just means they will no longer be directly controlled by me, but they won't turn into their own kingdom?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

twistedmentat posted:

Yea i currently have claims for all the provinces I want, but I can't figure out how to select more than one when i declare war.

And when I am a proper feudal kingdom, warnings about losing tiles just means they will no longer be directly controlled by me, but they won't turn into their own kingdom?

Assuming they all belong to the same lord (or his vassals, I think) there should be a "press all claims" option.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Stairmaster posted:

I've been getting it too with my regular wives. I think someone accidentally messed with the cuck variable or something.

Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury - Messing with the Cuck Variable

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Assuming they all belong to the same lord (or his vassals, I think) there should be a "press all claims" option.

They're part of the Kingdom of Pictland, and I have to declare war on the King, but there is no press all claims option.

Uh, some how some guy in Poland aquired 2 provinces in ireland. I'm not sure how that happened, and I can't take them from him because I can't reach his home province with an army, and so i'm stuck at 99% victory.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 26, 2018

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

Huh, so there is a reason to pay for that event.

Yeah, I got that with a daughter. I think she died of Flu when she was 13/14.
"The Heavenly" indeed

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can somebody more mod smart than me point me towards what exactly I would need to change to get Nubian culture characters to wear Byzantine or Arab clothing? The feathery crowns and whatnot aren't really meshing well with the game I've got going on. I've looked all over the workshop but it looks like Nubian culture has nothing going on.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

twistedmentat posted:

Uh, some how some guy in Poland aquired 2 provinces in ireland. I'm not sure how that happened, and I can't take them from him because I can't reach his home province with an army, and so i'm stuck at 99% victory.

Shouldn't occupation of the wargoal provinces slowly increase your warscore?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

kingturnip posted:

Yeah, I got that with a daughter. I think she died of Flu when she was 13/14.
"The Heavenly" indeed
Too good for this world.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Shouldn't occupation of the wargoal provinces slowly increase your warscore?
It does, but warscore is generally capped at 99% until there's been a major battle or until 3 years have passed. So he should be able to wait it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
If you hit 99% warscore but can't "lock it in" due to lack of battles, the AI will generally negotiate anyway. Practically, that's only a concern for human players (who are forced to accept defeat at 100%, but not at 99%, as I understand it.)