Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
PeteDaKat 1 point 4 hours ago

During the holidays I give nothing but bitcoin presents. Even if they don't have a wallet on a smart phone, I'll send some via OpenDime. Nobody gets anything from a store anymore. My motto is, "Everybody needs a little bit of Ƀ."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

https://mobile.twitter.com/derAdmir/status/1066736384168402944

...!
Oct 5, 2003

PhillyCrypto [score hidden] 39 minutes ago

It could be worse, they could be broke liberals angry at everyone who has money and a shot at a windfall. None of the negativity here is facing reality. The reality is that adoption and awareness is at an all time high, institutional involvement is at a point where none of us who've been hear since 2010/2011 would have imagined. CBOE throwing in ETF's? BlackRock saying they have large customer interest, but need the space to be more clear and regulated? Fidelity launching Fidelity Digital Asset Services because they have large enough demand amongst the $7 trillion in customer assets under management? Bakkt?

I mean, those things coupled with the fact we've had retracements and 'collapses' this large and larger in the past, gives more reason to the bitcoin proponents than the antagonists.

The FUD spewing people in this thread, don't even have a horse in the race. Just empty claims that they've sold, or that they never even owned. Why devote time to a group then? They're clearly resentful and jealous to take the time to oppose crypto supporters, when they're supposedly not even in the game.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2redditor for 3 months • -1 points • submitted 5 hours ago

They're going to go broke because the traditional financial markets are on the verge of melting down. The guys dumping all this Bitcoin at a loss are going to go broke because they won't be able to buy back what they borrowed.

I don't care what you think. Basically, I feel sorry for people like you, obediently doing as you're told and about to lose everything. You're going to feel like the biggest, dumbest, most broke loser on the planet within six months. I and other Bitcoiners, on the other hand, will be quite rich. You should be nice to us. People like you need masters, and we will be your new masters sooner than you think.

diydude2redditor for 3 months • 0 points • submitted 9 hours ago

Because you've been hodling for years and have seen this before a million times.

I predict that in one year, all you losers will be on the verge of suicide because you didn't buy Bitcoin today. I predict that with a high degree of confidence. Monopoly bank money is about to crash in a way that makes yesterday's flash sale on Bitcoin look like a gigantic transfer of wealth from the dumb to the smart.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2redditor for 3 months • -4 points • submitted 10 hours ago

It will be quite an impressive bear rug when this is all said and done, but the really fun part will be tracking down the manipulators and prosecuting/suing them (likely to include paid trolls -- there are laws about paid Internet activities, especially when multi-billion-dollar markets are involved) kicking them when they're down after Bitcoin has whooped their asses again.

diydude2redditor for 3 months • [score hidden] • submitted 1 hour ago

Different ball game for the reasons you stated and others. Trust me. Reddit trolls will be sued, if only because some very rich Bitcoiners really want to discover and expose the idiots behind this dump. We're going to make a shitload of money off them anyway, but throwing egg in their face after bankrupting them will be icing on the cake.

Did you buy this dip? If not, you'd better get on it or you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Redditisdeadandgone • 2 points • submitted 1 day ago

Downvotes for upsetting the banker psyop that's happening on this sub atm.

diydude2redditor for 3 months • 1 point • submitted 1 day ago

Oh yeah man, they're going all out. They're not even trying to hide it. It's because they know they're about to go tits up and need to kill Bitcoin before that happens so that there won't be anything to replace them. It won't work. Bitcoin will be over $10K by Christmas, and it will stay there for good (and I'm not even kidding).

diydude2redditor for 3 months • 2 points • submitted 1 day ago

It has real value. The main value is that it works without banks. You probly don't see this yet, which is too bad for you, but you are making it very easy for me to not feel sorry for you, future poor person.

diydude2redditor for 3 months • -14 points • submitted 1 day ago

I believe it's referred to as the first stage of Truth. We will continue to sell our fiat for Bitcoin until Bitcoin prevails. Why? Because we like it. No-coiners are the real bag holders, as will become clear when the "Holy poo poo! Lehman Brothers is bankrupt!" phase of the current financial crisis hits. That won't be too long now.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2redditor for 3 months • 0 points • submitted 22 hours ago

You think banks are solvent? They're not, Sunshine. The jig is almost up for them, and 2008 2.0 will mean your bank cards don't work. You know what will? Bitcoin.

Have fun being a jealous no-coiner, future poor person.

diydude2redditor for 3 months • 1 point • submitted 22 hours ago

I will not feel sorry for you in six months when your 401(k) is in the shitter, and your ATM and credit cards don't work.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

diydude2redditor for 3 months • -1 points • submitted 22 hours ago

Not at all, dude. Buy something with Bitcoin. You'll never want to hassle with a credit card again.

Except you're probably a no coiner, in which case I pity you. You'll probably off yourself in a year when you're starving and Bitcoin is the only form of money that still works.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...! posted:

PeteDaKat 1 point 4 hours ago

During the holidays I give nothing but bitcoin presents. Even if they don't have a wallet on a smart phone, I'll send some via OpenDime. Nobody gets anything from a store anymore. My motto is, "Everybody needs a little bit of Ƀ."

this guy needs a little bit of D

into his ear

so he can dance all night

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Boxturret posted:

is penny the name of the loon?

pay attention! penny's on the dollar. the loons are all on bitcoin

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
lol at these bitcoiners with their predictions of $10k bitcoins by christmas. hasn’t anyone warned them that the elder gods shall return on december 7th and great shall be the wrath thereof?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

...! posted:

You're going to feel like the biggest, dumbest, most broke loser on the planet within six months.

...! posted:

a gigantic transfer of wealth from the dumb to the smart.

thread titles

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

...! posted:

diydude2redditor for 3 months • 0 points • submitted 22 hours ago

You think banks are solvent? They're not, Sunshine. The jig is almost up for them, and 2008 2.0 will mean your bank cards don't work. You know what will? Bitcoin.

Have fun being a jealous no-coiner, future poor person.

diydude2redditor for 3 months • 1 point • submitted 22 hours ago

I will not feel sorry for you in six months when your 401(k) is in the shitter, and your ATM and credit cards don't work.

The secondary unit should be online within six months. 

It is currently undergoing preparation and should be operational within six months. 

My people will continue to report on its progress within six months. 

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
remember 2008 when your bank cards didn't work(?)

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Soricidus posted:

lol at these bitcoiners with their predictions of $10k bitcoins by christmas. hasn’t anyone warned them that the elder gods shall return on december 7th and great shall be the wrath thereof?

I didn't know smash bro was real

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Boxturret posted:

remember 2008 when your bank cards didn't work(?)
tbf geithner and Paulson believed that was a real possibility

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i love diydude2

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
“I’m not the one who’s going to be broke. You’re going to be broke, you broke-being-goer!”

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

you can tell how confident they are in bitcoin by their intense hatred of all who dare make fun of it

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

nerdz posted:

The secondary unit should be online within six months. 

It is currently undergoing preparation and should be operational within six months. 

My people will continue to report on its progress within six months. 
:awesomelon: “You think you know better than the Fed how to stabilize a currency?”
:tinfoil: “Dont ask me. It’s on its way back to $10k”
:awesomelon: “Nope”
:tinfoil: “drat!”

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Lol will someone please v just break into tether's HQ and price they are full of poo poo. The fact that they just printed 50 million dollars to save Bitcoin is hilarious. Even Weimar fiscal policy was more tethered to reality.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
just popped in to this thread after like 18 months and el em ay oh that they are still pulling that poo poo, drat

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Sedge and Bee posted:

Lol will someone please v just break into tether's HQ and price they are full of poo poo. The fact that they just printed 50 million dollars to save Bitcoin is hilarious. Even Weimar fiscal policy was more tethered to reality.

one of the twitter antibitfinex guys actually went to their supposed office locations, one was an empty room, another had no idea what a bitfinex was, and the last was a pair of ladies that did some paper work for them once

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i went to a cashless food stall event over the weekend.

i was really disappointed to discover this just meant that every stall had a portable system that i waved my card over to create a debit charge rather than taking hours to organise payment between various internet processor providers to avoid the delay in updating the world's slowest database with my anonymous noodle purchase.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Weatherman posted:

this guy needs a little bit of D

into his ear

so he can dance all night

classic

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

poty posted:

Now That's What I Call Stable

Qwertycoatl posted:

lol at all those "sectors". "pretending to be a stablecoin", "pretending to be an energy market", etc

the foundations of a sane investing strateggy

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoMarkets/comments/7kl17c/recently_had_a_1000_return_need_to_balance

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

what is it with crackpots and diagrams

MayakovskyMarmite
Dec 5, 2009

Taredan posted:

Could you imagine having your coins stolen by that fat gently caress only to get them back five years later just in time to watch them become worthless again?

This is a little old, but I believe the trustee for the Mt. Gox estate sold enough BTC and BCH in January to essentially have the cash value of the missing coins when people originally lost them. There was a huge concern that because the value had increased so much that if the bankruptcy was simply cash settled instead of return of the coins, their would be massive amounts of BTC left over.

My guess is anyone who can make a supported claim in bankruptcy will walk away with a very nice ROI.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

counterpoint:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

gotta have pictures so you can scam the people whose eyes glaze over when you start using paragraphs

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

MayakovskyMarmite posted:

This is a little old, but I believe the trustee for the Mt. Gox estate sold enough BTC and BCH in January to essentially have the cash value of the missing coins when people originally lost them. There was a huge concern that because the value had increased so much that if the bankruptcy was simply cash settled instead of return of the coins, their would be massive amounts of BTC left over.

My guess is anyone who can make a supported claim in bankruptcy will walk away with a very nice ROI.

you think? I thought the whole point of that was that the law stipulated that those affected would be officially made whole by the cash value lost at the time

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Great googly moogly.

Also, is that the Mexican flag?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

bitcoin is still up 4x over pre-bubble prices. we're still mooning, wrap it up butt-failures.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Ohio is officially touching the poop

quote:

The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday that businesses in the state will be able to register at OhioCrypto.com to pay state taxes with bitcoin beginning this week. The program, which was ushered in by Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel, will use third-party service BitPay to process payments.

Mandel is hoping to cement the state as a leader in the adoption of blockchain technology, and the initiative does grant it a kind of legitimacy it has previously lacked.

Real great timing on this

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

looking forward to Josh Mandel's sex scandal

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

KnifeWrench posted:

you think? I thought the whole point of that was that the law stipulated that those affected would be officially made whole by the cash value lost at the time

the forms you're required to send to get your stuff back allow to request payment in the form of bitcoins, japanese yen, or us dollars.

payments in all forms are prioritized to those who filed earliest. and mt gox and the courts can only guarantee bitcoin payments out of the small amount of coins the entity still has, whereas those asking in yen or dollars are guaranteed there's enough money there to recover their losses.

so effectively most people are just going to take the cash.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Gazpacho posted:

tbf geithner and Paulson believed that was a real possibility

that wasn't completely crazy given the bank runs of 1929-1930 in the us, but more relevantly the bank runs in argentina and uruguay in 2001-2002

as it was there were several bank runs in 2008 the most famous of which were washington mutual and wachovia

MayakovskyMarmite
Dec 5, 2009
I thought they still had a pretty hefty chunk? Maybe 1/4 of the total? I have to imagine a huge percentage of the overall ownership will fail to file a claim (how much of that was drug money?). If there are more coins than claimants wouldn't the excess be distributed to claimants?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

r/bitcoin DESPISES bitpay and actively discourages anyone paying through them so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

finally someone gets it!

• Locked thread