Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

BigFactory posted:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if you can’t roll a joint buy one of those enormous cans of Drum. You’ll be able to roll a joint by the time you finished it and you’ll also have learned to appreciate bad smelling and moist, almost wet tobacco. Until you get about 2/3rds through the can and it’s not moist at all anymore.

get that tobacco poo poo outta here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Local Weather posted:

On the subject of prohibition I imagine now that Sessions has resigned it will actually be possible to make some progress on the federal level.

Sessions was replaced by a dude who is basically just like Sessions except he's more likely to fire Mueller.

i wouldnt expect any real progress on the federal level until we get rid of this whole administration. and even then it'll still be slow

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 8, 2018

lighthugger
Mar 27, 2018

Nostalgia for Infinity
If learning to roll, I’d recommend figuring out crutches/filters/whatever you call them. They make the biggest difference in smokeability, and allow you to make good looking cones that will impress your friends who can only roll lopsided lumpy crutch-free joints.
Best material I’ve found for crutches is airplane boarding passes - they’re the perfect density, not too thick to bend easily but not to thin to lose the shape or flop around. And you can have your name on it!

I prefer making the crutch, then rolling the paper around it, forming a tapered tube I can put weed into. only need to seal the paper around the crutch too, so any parts that are smoked won’t have your nasty saliva on them.

Then, once you’ve got your empty cone ready, you start putting weed into it, making sure to pack it down with some thin pressing tool (pencil, zip tie, etc). This gets you even distribution, which helps greatly in preventing canoeing.

Once the weed is all in there, you flatten and twist the end, loop it over itself to make a little balloon knot (or just leave it as a point, but I think the little folded over tip looks nicer), then smoke!

I’ve seen people roll the joint with crutch like normal, instead of packing a prerolled one, but ime those don’t burn as even and are harder to get a perfect cone.

While joints are def somewhat situational, being able to roll good ones is a neat party trick.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Local Weather posted:

I hate to admit this but I have been smoking weed for 27 years and I never learned how to roll a joint. I am sorry about this.
I try now and then but when you can just buy a preroll to fill that desire it makes motivation just pffft

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I figured this thread to be as good a place to ask this as any.

My grower just recently came out of the hospital and is not feeling well and doesn't like visitors right now. He is waiting for his last harvest to completely dry. Me and a guy how work with him have been making do with the scrap left over after we were done cutting the last bunch. It's all basically little bits of buds, leaf, stem and hash; It's like trying to smoke a mixture of fine sawdust and ground pepper. Harsh. His brother managed to grow some outside in the far-north climate recently but it's pretty poor, still a bit sticky and the buds have almost sprouted. I just mixed some of the brothers stuff with our harvest by grinding it up and smoking it. I think we can all agree that with the previous collection of typed out jumbled word salad gibberish that this tuf is:

GROOOOVY!!!

Just I just mix the two together right now by grinding them all up and put them in a glass jar? Or should I wait for them to dry more before doing that? The brothers batch is about as good as it's going to get I think. Bear in mind that I've been on a sort of involuntary tolerance break for over a week.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/Hypnogogix/status/1061407211715473408

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Regular occurrence for me but I just finished up a 9 day straight weed binge. I feel terrible from getting high so much, and by the end of it I feel like my tolerance is raised a lot. drat I wasted a lot of weed too. My stomach is all fucky from binge eating munchies too.

I'm going to take an 11 day tolerance break now but I begin to wonder if there's even a point. I prob should go a month or two but I do not have that kind of self restraint when there's weed laying around.

I make these kind of posts often. You'd think I'd learn from my mistakes :smith:

How old and dried out is all that trim lucky mix? Makes me less hesitant to try some of my lovely older weed. I might mix it in with my fresh stuff.

You should keep some ABV around for emergencies like that. Comes in handy.

Enjoy your tolerance break.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I went to the other dispensary near me that I'd never visited before, and it was quite a contrast. Way better selection and pricing on what I'm interested in, but a way jankier store with very stoned employees.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Regular occurrence for me but I just finished up a 9 day straight weed binge. I feel terrible from getting high so much, and by the end of it I feel like my tolerance is raised a lot. drat I wasted a lot of weed too. My stomach is all fucky from binge eating munchies too.

I'm going to take an 11 day tolerance break now but I begin to wonder if there's even a point. I prob should go a month or two but I do not have that kind of self restraint when there's weed laying around.

I make these kind of posts often. You'd think I'd learn from my mistakes :smith:

How old and dried out is all that trim lucky mix? Makes me less hesitant to try some of my lovely older weed. I might mix it in with my fresh stuff.

You should keep some ABV around for emergencies like that. Comes in handy.

Enjoy your tolerance break.

Jesus, that was an embarassing post I made. I'm relatively new to weed so some of the slang terms being thrown around I'm not familiar with.

I don't recommend mixing old stuff with the new, that lucky mix was stuff that a guy kept exposed to the air in a shoebox in his closet. You have to really pack a joint to actually feel the effect and smoking it is harsh.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

weed is good

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I tried to remember how many days in a row I've been on a weed binge but ended up contemplating the totality of existence, space and time

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Retail sales start next Tuesday in mass.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/marijuana/2018/11/16/massachusetts-marijuana-stores-open-tuesday/wyVCtVVKYF3xIheBir8yyN/story.html

There are two stores opening, one in western mass, and one near Boston. They'll be the first two legal rec stores on the east coast. Freakin' finally :2bong:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Broken Machine posted:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/marijuana/2018/11/16/massachusetts-marijuana-stores-open-tuesday/wyVCtVVKYF3xIheBir8yyN/story.html

There are two stores opening, one in western mass, and one near Boston. They'll be the first two legal rec stores on the east coast. Freakin' finally :2bong:

Leister is west of Worcester. Not exactly a quick stroll from Boston. The one in Northampton is going to make a mint though.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my dad is probably programming directions on his phone to the northampton store at this very moment. i know its not open till next tuesday but he does everything early.

hopefully they will get Eaze or a similar delivery company going on there as well

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 18, 2018

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Broken Machine posted:

I live like 2 towns away from leicester, might have to check it out

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

NETA has a location in Brookline too so keep an eye on their website at least

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

New Piece Day:siren:! This bad boy just arrived in the mail.

15" tree perc bong, largest piece I've ever owned for sure. Looking forward to trying this thing out tonight. Snatched it for only $37 with a coupon code.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Very nice. Hope you got a better bowl though :v:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Very nice. Hope you got a better bowl though :v:

seriously that bowl is prone to breaking easily.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

They get super hot too. Just generally uncomfortable to use. You can probably get a functional one for like $10-15 locally.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Those little tubes in the middle are sort of fragile, try not to bang it around. I think that's why those kinds of pipes tend to go on sale.

I got a similar pipe a year back, when the tubes started breaking off I had to take a screwdriver and crack the dome like an eggshell to get all the pieces out.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah I'll have to pick one up tomorrow. I've got a head shop within walking distance from me (that's been open since the 1970s!).

And if the percolators break off I think I can just write the whole piece off. The low price at least means it's not irreplaceable. I've seen some killer looking 200$ pieces but if I actually owned one I'd be too afraid to ever use it.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 21, 2018

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Bowl crisis averted :siren:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Is this worth it or just some other lovely gadet?

https://www.amazon.com/Magical-Butter-Botanical-Extractor-official/dp/B014GNGTBK

OCS is also selling it.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Oh, hey, I bought one of those! I enjoy mine. It works well and is extremely simple to use and clean.

It's an expensive gadget you don't "need," but it makes infusing soooooo easy. I'm happy I have one.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

nickhimself posted:

Oh, hey, I bought one of those! I enjoy mine. It works well and is extremely simple to use and clean.

It's an expensive gadget you don't "need," but it makes infusing soooooo easy. I'm happy I have one.

My wife only takes edibles so this may be worth it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i have one and use it a bunch, no regrets on the purchase.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Anybody here ever vape live buds? You know, like the plant is still alive and you can rip a bud straight off of there, then shove it in the vaporizer and enjoy? It’s great, it takes a lot longer to get high that way but you end up higher cause the active constituents aren’t broken down by heat and dryness, obviously.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Anybody here ever vape live buds? You know, like the plant is still alive and you can rip a bud straight off of there, then shove it in the vaporizer and enjoy? It’s great, it takes a lot longer to get high that way but you end up higher cause the active constituents aren’t broken down by heat and dryness, obviously.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

arent you also inhaling a larger percentage of just water vapor if the weed hasnt been cured?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Earwicker posted:

arent you also inhaling a larger percentage of just water vapor if the weed hasnt been cured?

Yeah until it dries out. You get very little out of it initially, then it suddenly dries out and your chest is filled with THC, then you stir the basket with a surgical instrument or other sharp object, and you get REALLY high.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Do you have any research or whatnot to back that up because it kind of sounds like nonsense

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
it sounds like it would taste super planty and i would not be a fan of that if so

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Do you have any research or whatnot to back that up because it kind of sounds like nonsense

Got dang it I never said I was any less of a critter etc et cetera etc...

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

communist kangaroo posted:

it sounds like it would taste super planty and i would not be a fan of that if so

Yes this is absolutely the case, but it has no smell at all, it’s like magic

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Have you ever gotten high before you got high?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

nickhimself posted:

I concur with all of the above points. A friend of mine owns one and it is very convenient for edibles

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Sober me is such a bitch

Me, high: Oh man, I'll add cereal, ice cream, and chips to the shopping list!

Sober me, leaving grocery store: sure glad I bought fruit and sherbet instead!

I legit get mad at my sober rear end for screwing high me out of good snacks

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Woke up, saw the news and took a massive dab in memory of of George Bush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
High on the train is a pleasant experience. It's quite comfortable.
I even got to smoke and chat to the driver at a 5 minute stop.
He told me he nearly hit some dude and dogs. Crazy!