Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

so, I heard that in part 5 if a stand gets hit with the arrow it becomes a super stand

in that case, isn't the entire arc basically like Raiders of the Lost Ark where if GioGio had just let Black Sabbath win at the very beginning everything would have been better

We already saw Gold Experience get hit with the arrow. It didn't turn into a super stand, unless you consider "Gold Experience with bleeding/smoking wounds in its neck and hand" to be an upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

so, I heard that in part 5 if a stand gets hit with the arrow it becomes a super stand

in that case, isn't the entire arc basically like Raiders of the Lost Ark where if GioGio had just let Black Sabbath win at the very beginning everything would have been better

requiem stands can only be made once both the stand is hit with the arrow AND araki has thought of the concept

the arrows mostly just do whatever

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The stand user has to be the one to use the arrow, I think. Or the arrow might choose who/when it gives it to, like when it gives people stands/kills them.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Yinlock posted:

AND araki has thought of the concept

As with pretty much everything

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Next week we finally get Rohan in English

The wait for Kira continues to be devastating

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/Jellow_05/status/957201855670509569

i think im excited for every fight in part 5 except for two. weird to think we're already 20% through it

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 25, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm having Bruno withdrawal already.
Please show me the sexy zipper man

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

not sure if i even want to watch the baby face episode

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Johnny Joestar posted:

not sure if i even want to watch the baby face episode

it's gonna be pretty fuckin gross op

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Arist posted:

it's gonna be pretty fuckin gross op

yeah. depending on the pacing and how things are spaced i might just not even bother. even beyond the primary reason why, i've never cared for it as a stand anyways.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i'll put a cw in the thread leading up to the episode, baby face sucks

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it'll probably be appreciated by at least a few, i know some people who love the series but consider it one of the outright low points in it for various reasons

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like the Baby Face fight. It is gross however.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm having Bruno withdrawal already.
Please show me the sexy zipper man

yeah we're already htting giorno's #1 problem character-wise: bruno is a total show-stealer

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

All I remember about the Baby Fave fight is the user creeping on a girl and making a baby monster with a computer. What was the creepy part again

Edit: leaving the baby face typo because Baby Fave should be the dub name

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

All I remember about the Baby Fave fight is the user creeping on a girl and making a baby monster with a computer. What was the creepy part again

Edit: leaving the baby face typo because Baby Fave should be the dub name

Probably the part where the baby monster exploded out of her and turned her into cubes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nah, more the part with the piss.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i thought it was pretty blatant in implying that she gets straight up sexually assaulted

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

and yeah, that

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
araki goes out of his way to assure us that that is not Literally what happens, but the implication is still not appreciated

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
she didn't get sexually assaulted she just got drugged and had a monster implanted in her womb. way different

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Tetracube posted:

she didn't get sexually assaulted she just got drugged and had a monster implanted in her womb. way different

Hey

The monster was implanted in her head, not her womb

Important distinction, obvs

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Also doesn't help that it immediately follows what's generally regarded to be one of the best monster of the week fights of all time in Grateful Dead & Beach Boy.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Also doesn't help that it immediately follows what's generally regarded to be one of the best monster of the week fights of all time in Grateful Dead & Beach Boy.
Yeah beach boy is such an awesome stand concept and then you get crappy monster rape baby stand.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
And then you get White Album immediately afterwards. It's like... it just makes how bad Baby Face is stand out even more, really.

Doesn't even help that Melone himself is a giant creeper with nothing else going on compared to how rad Prosciutto, Pesci and Ghiaccio all are.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The only good things about Baby Face are:
1) Its user’s catchphrase
2) The baby riding a motorcycle

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
oh poo poo I just had a thought, what if the ending to Jojolion is Josuke 8 traveling into an alternate dimension to save Josuke 4 and finally explaining that dropped plotline from Diamond

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

That wasn’t a dropped plot line, it was just a delinquent looking dude who saved Josuke.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Mel Mudkiper posted:

oh poo poo I just had a thought, what if the ending to Jojolion is Josuke 8 traveling into an alternate dimension to save Josuke 4 and finally explaining that dropped plotline from Diamond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwz7YN1AQmQ

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Also remember, that's Koichi telling the flashback.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

a delinquent looking dude who is also super jacked up for some reason and wearing Josuke's clothes :colbert:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Josuke is wearing his clothes. Like, purposefully. It's a really obvious hook for something but without a payoff, him just being a random guy still makes total sense.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Augus posted:

why are people still hung up on the fact that the guy who josuke modeled his look after looks like Josuke
if I cut my hair like Chris Hemsworth it doesn’t make Chris Hemsworth actually me from the future
the mysterious helper being anything but a total stranger would defeat the point of the story

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Mel Mudkiper posted:

a delinquent looking dude who is also super jacked up for some reason and wearing Josuke's clothes :colbert:
But he isn't. He's wearing a generic school uniform. He doesn't have any of the bells and whistles on his clothes that Josuke has.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I bet that baby Josuke did a sick jump over during Highway Star is now modeling his look to look like Josuke.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Maybe the guy in the flashback was the pre-reset universe's version of Josefumi, they do have similar hairstyles.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Mel Mudkiper posted:

man you really wanna get shot down in two threads at once?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This theory type destroys the entire theme of Part 4

I sincerely think its constant resurgence proves that people dont know to consume and process fiction

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Expect My Mom posted:

This theory type destroys the entire theme of Part 4

I sincerely think its constant resurgence proves that people dont know to consume and process fiction

makes me kinda think of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URo66iLNEZw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Nerds search for answers in fiction constantly. Perhaps its human to seek answers in everything but in my experience, loose ends cannot exist because everything must be documented on excruciating detail on the fan wiki. The worst sin a fiction can commit is not be entirely logical, the worst thing to have is a "plot hole"