Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I take some umbrage with the "#MeToo hasn’t empowered them" line in this story. Why is it the fault of American women wanting to have their rapes and sexual abuse taken seriously that American men are now raping and sexually abusing women in foreign countries? Shouldn't the blame lie with the men who are doing the raping and abusing rather than the women who just don't want to get raped and abused?

Yeah, the tone of the article makes me feel gross too. Like, the reporter is giving some serious airtime to this scumbag and the way he writes isn't exactly sympathetic to the #metoo movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

You can be the first to slam a nacho chip in your eye then. It's natural!
Cobra venom is also natural, you're welcome to take a shot of that any time you like too

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Piss is natural, which is why I am delighted to live in a world of piss

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I take some umbrage with the "#MeToo hasn’t empowered them" line in this story. Why is it the fault of American women wanting to have their rapes and sexual abuse taken seriously that American men are now raping and sexually abusing women in foreign countries? Shouldn't the blame lie with the men who are doing the raping and abusing rather than the women who just don't want to get raped and abused?

Because women are second-class citizens and their feelings in the matter are irrelevant.*

*THIS IS WHAT THE MEN IN THIS STORY ACTUALLY BELIEVE

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

If you say poo poo like this you should get pepper sprayed. That should be a law. You're not allowed to talk about how it's harmless unless you're willing to have it done to you.

if someone served this guy nachos at a party laced with pepper spray he'd probably charge them with assault or whatever law is applicable

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Sir, there are GMO ingredients in that 'natural' sauce and I am taking you to court

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

*fires tear gas canister at three year old*

“lmao quit cryin pussy”

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

100%. Same goes for waterboarding Hannity.

I have to disagree with you here, waterboarding Hannity is in fact harmless

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Easy Diff posted:

I have to disagree with you here, waterboarding Hannity is in fact harmless

Only if the waterboarders wear proper gear to protect themselves from Hannity’s defensive barbs.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I remember the “pepper spray is a food group” talking point for when a bunch of college students were pepper sprayed some years ago.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I remember the “pepper spray is a food group” talking point for when a bunch of college students were pepper sprayed some years ago.

I would treat this argument like the waterboarding argument--tell them if it's a food group, they should spray it on some crackers and loving eat it in front of a national audience.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Someone sounds worried.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1067063727994884096

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Normalize violence, have it for dinner

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ice Phisherman posted:

If you adjust for how much they talked about him in the runup to the election, he got something like 1.3 billion dollars of free coverage.
That and he had exclusive coverage at times whenever he held a press conference. Whatever else was going on would be dropped so the networks could go live to it. Which one time was a total fakeout and instead it was basically a commercial for one of his properties

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dated a former military dude who told me that getting pepper sprayed for some military course he had to get certified in was the worst feeling and pain he's ever been in and I think about that a lot when people say that pepper spray is a food

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Which is worse, getting pepper sprayed or tear gassed? Because they seem different.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Asema posted:

I dated a former military dude who told me that getting pepper sprayed for some military course he had to get certified in was the worst feeling and pain he's ever been in and I think about that a lot when people say that pepper spray is a food

I had a buddy who was in the marines, and I asked him what it was like getting gassed in boot, and his response was “like drowning in acid, except you don’t get the relief of dying.”

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This is America

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Pleaseeee let something drop

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cr0y posted:

Pleaseeee let something drop

Even if Trump Sr. doesn't get hit, its looking incredibly likely Trump Jr. and friends will be, and New York is not happy with the Trump Foundation in general right now.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You know how in superhero films when the villain is asked, "Why did you do the bad things?" and they give some well animated backstory about how America was a complete bastard man so therefore you have to die Mr Stark?

Mm.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Asema posted:

It seems like pepper spray about starts at the heat level of a habanero and goes up from there, so while you could in theory use the level of capsaicin and capsaicinoids in it on food, you would ALSO expect to go to the loving hospital if you touched your eyes while preparing that food.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Which is worse, getting pepper sprayed or tear gassed? Because they seem different.

They are completely different.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 26, 2018

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

No, Donny, I think he'll be too busy talking about all the crimes you and your guys committed, given that that was his mandate.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I would treat this argument like the waterboarding argument--tell them if it's a food group, they should spray it on some crackers and loving eat it in front of a national audience.

Nah, they all remember how the waterboarding backfired and know this will too

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Tear gas is the classic version. WWI vintage.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol 'whatever happened to podesta?'

well the case was referred to the SDNY, so your former-spy that now illegally controls the department of justice can probably loop you in on what they've been doing

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

SocketWrench posted:

Nah, they all remember how the waterboarding backfired and know this will too

Did it? A large portion of this country still does not believe waterboarding is torture because they saw Jack Bauer use it to get information out of a terrorist on "24".

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Why is it any time I see an article constructed like this I picture it's the sleaziest reporter in the company who manages to come up with the most absurd angles so that they can write just one more article about sex workers.

Had to check and here's a list of some of this guys other articles
Sex Workers Say Human Trafficking Laws Are Making Their Jobs More Dangerous
Sex Workers Say The Law Meant To Protect Them Could Kill Them

This guys has loving issues.

lemonadesweetheart fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 26, 2018

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

IMO OC (pepper) spray is worse. Way worse. CN gas is painful, irritating, and makes it hard to breathe properly. OC is like setting your head on fire.

Fun fact: 1-2% of the population is immune to OC entirely. They lack the nerve receptors to feel it.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

The thing that is important to keep at the forefront is that this was willed into existence by our scumbag president. The narrative will frame what happened as being the fault of the migrants, where there were a dozen different possible outcomes.

This is what Donald Trump wanted.

To Donald Trump, gassing babies was the goal all along. He knew who was in the caravan. He didn’t care. Showing force is all that mattered, because stubborn force is his only policy.

Donald Trump made this happen. He is a cruel, sick monster.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Did it? A large portion of this country still does not believe waterboarding is torture because they saw Jack Bauer use it to get information out of a terrorist on "24".

By "they" I meant the people that had to eat their own words when it turns out no, it isn't like taking a shower

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Why is it any time I see an article constructed like this I picture it's the sleaziest reporter in the company who manages to come up with the most absurd angles so that they can write just one more article about sex workers.

Sounds like a good way for the mexican cartels to make some easy ransom money

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Fart City posted:

The thing that is important to keep at the forefront is that this was willed into existence by our scumbag president. The narrative will frame what happened as being the fault of the migrants, where there were a dozen different possible outcomes.

This is what Donald Trump wanted.

To Donald Trump, gassing babies was the goal all along. He knew who was in the caravan. He didn’t care. Showing force is all that mattered, because stubborn force is his only policy.

Donald Trump made this happen. He is a cruel, sick monster.

Yes, which is why he is getting reelected in 2020

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

i am harry posted:

Sounds like a good way for the mexican cartels to make some easy ransom money

You should send in the suggestion to their next livestream.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

friendbot2000 posted:

Yeah, the tone of the article makes me feel gross too. Like, the reporter is giving some serious airtime to this scumbag and the way he writes isn't exactly sympathetic to the #metoo movement.

I felt the same way. The problem isn't #MeToo, the problem is abusive men seeking out victims they can have power over and sexually exploit.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmfao this tweet is so good

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1067071130228465666

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Half an hour later and he still hasn't finished the thought.

This man has a big brain for smart making!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It depends. Pepper spray is a kind of tear gas (OC), but there are others like CS and CN. OC is less toxic, but depending on who you ask is actually more painful than the others.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Had to check and here's a list of some of this guys other articles
Sex Workers Say Human Trafficking Laws Are Making Their Jobs More Dangerous
Sex Workers Say The Law Meant To Protect Them Could Kill Them

This guys has loving issues.

if those are about fosta, a lot of sex workers do believe that. they'll even name you people that died because of the law.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

if those are about fosta, a lot of sex workers do believe that. they'll even name you people that died because of the law.

I'm not disagreeing about the contents of the articles but this guy sure does seem to like doing articles about sex work. Maybe it's not skeevy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

I felt the same way. The problem isn't #MeToo, the problem is abusive men seeking out victims they can have power over and sexually exploit.

And the problem isn't even specifically related to sex work as a concept. While there is a debate to be had about the role of sex workers in society, and to what extent it should be allowed, the things these men are after must absolutely not be allowed in any situation, because beyond sex itself, these men want to have power over their victims and abuse them. Even if you think sex work should be legal and regulated, I cannot see any reasonable framework where these sick bastards would be satisfied. It ain't about getting laid, no matter how much they protest otherwise.