Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

"Sure, I mean, there MAY have been some high-placed campaign officials who illegally conspired with a foreign power to influence the election, but what about the hundreds of Trump campaign people who DIDN'T do that?! You gonna talk to them? Huh?" :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Your Taint posted:

Half an hour later and he still hasn't finished the thought.

This man has a big brain for smart making!

Someone probably dove and stopped him before he could implicate himself further.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

USPOL Winter: The cruelty is the point.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Of all the political people I hate, I think I might hate the "Al Franken did nothing wrong and I hate Kirsten Gillibrand" wing the most.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wistful of Dollars posted:

USPOL Winter: The cruelty is the point.

https://twitter.com/chick_in_kiev/status/1067073917582548992

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lots of Serious People sending out trial balloons that they will be good apologists for when they eventually start shooting live rounds at the migrant crowds.

poo poo like this is why Never Trumpers need to be rejected along with any Democratic politician that supports conservative stances on immigration. They are poison and rot the barrel from within.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Of all the political people I hate, I think I might hate the "Al Franken did nothing wrong and I hate Kirsten Gillibrand" wing the most.

This. Known as the "Democratic Underground liberals" crowd, they have absolutely no self-awareness and believe Franken's accusers were all liars. They also cannot comprehend that just because Franken didn't do what Bill Cosby did it doesn't make him not a goddamn sexmonster.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

This. Known as the "Democratic Underground liberals" crowd, they have absolutely no self-awareness and believe Franken's accusers were all liars. They also cannot comprehend that just because Franken didn't do what Bill Cosby did it doesn't make him not a goddamn sexmonster.

The even worse ones admit he did it but think it was a waste to get rid of him since the GOP isn't held to the same standard.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

"Sure, I mean, there MAY have been some high-placed campaign officials who illegally conspired with a foreign power to influence the election, but what about the hundreds of Trump campaign people who DIDN'T do that?! You gonna talk to them? Huh?" :downs:

as always, it is weird how guilty and worried Trump is considering the posters that so regularly explain to us that russia didn't do anything to help trump in any meaningful way

meanwhile right-wing conspiracy world is doing a "Actually, it is CORSI who will indict MUELLER!" deal

https://twitter.com/EmeraldRobinson/status/1067061559942410240

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Radish posted:

The even worse ones admit he did it but think it was a waste to get rid of him since the GOP isn't held to the same standard.

People here did this. Trying to explain to them that you cannot be the party of women's rights with someone like Franken in the ranks was like trying to explain baseball to a dog.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

apparently Corsi is still just basically blabbing to everyone he can

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1067076795219017728

it may actually be time for an indictment finally. no way can "defiantly telling the media he doesn't accept the deal you confidentially offered him" not expedite things

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

eke out posted:

as always, it is weird how guilty and worried Trump is considering the posters that so regularly explain to us that russia didn't do anything to help trump in any meaningful way

meanwhile right-wing conspiracy world is doing a "Actually, it is CORSI who will indict MUELLER!" deal

I didn’t know the Guardians of the Universe dabbled in media coverage.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

People here did this. Trying to explain to them that you cannot be the party of women's rights with someone like Franken in the ranks was like trying to explain baseball to a dog.

If Franken had been in office when Kavanaugh was confirmed it would have been loving disastrous for the Democrats. Ousting him was not only morally correct but good strategy.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

friendbot2000 posted:

If Franken had been in office when Kavanaugh was confirmed it would have been loving disastrous for the Democrats. Ousting him was not only morally correct but good strategy.

It ended up not mattering. Tina Smith has turned out to be a pretty good Senator, and she just won election in her own right--all of which we tried to point out to the "but you can't kick him out cause he's a member of the triiiiiiiiiibe" crowd.

I remember feeling genuinely angry during that whole affair that so many people around me who I thought were supporters of women's rights were so willing to look the other way because Franken was a Democrat. As far as I'm concerned, Kirsten Gillibrand earned my support for that move alone the day she called for Franken to be ousted, even though she knew it probably wouldn't win her a lot of friends and it was a politically risky thing for her to do.

In a way, I think she was even right about Bill Clinton. He should have been punished for that bullshit with Lewinsky--for wasting everyone's time lying about it when telling the truth from the start would have left the Republicans holding their own dicks and bleating about him being a bad husband.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 26, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

friendbot2000 posted:

kavanaugh is on the supreme court.

getting rid of fraken was inarguably the right move, mind.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

eke out posted:

i love that "conspiracy theorist" turned into "investigative journalist"

loving lmao

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

kavanaugh is on the supreme court.

getting rid of fraken was inarguably the right move, mind.

Kavanaugh was always going to get onto the loving Court barring some sort of miracle where Jeff Flake grows a spine and Susan Collins grows a conscience. The point is that we'd have spent weeks relitigating Al Franken pretending to grab Leeann Tweeden's boobs on that USO tour if he'd still been a Senator and it would have obfuscated any of the coverage about Kavanaugh's rapey, drunken antics.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/ocasio2018/status/1067078115984375809?s=21

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

eke out posted:

apparently Corsi is still just basically blabbing to everyone he can

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1067076795219017728

it may actually be time for an indictment finally. no way can "defiantly telling the media he doesn't accept the deal you confidentially offered him" not expedite things

This suggests strongly that Corsi provided Mueller with something implicating bigger fish and that is the exciting part. Corsi is a relative nobody (though a piece of poo poo, yes) and I am very curious as to what he had on whom that Mueller felt was worth a plea deal.

Roger Stone is the obvious choice but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't the only one involved (Don Jr?).

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

silly woman, don't you know that "pragmatism" means "giving Republicans what they want, forever, while occasionally making an unhappy noise about it?"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

corsi was probably the biggest birther before trump and it's nutty seeing his name back in the news.

also lol great job donny:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1067079061028200448

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah the GOP is the party of mysogynists and racists so their voters don't give a poo poo when they are. The Democrats billing themselves as the counter to that means they are held to that standard. It's not fair but it's the right thing to do and builds credibility. You can't claim to support women when you only do it if they are accusing Republicans. It's why the attacks on Monica Lewinski are so absolutely gross. Democrats taking a stand there was absolutely the right thing to do.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Remember Orly Taitz? Lol.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Never, never, never, never, never read the responses. :(

Oh well. You keep giving 'em hell, AOC. Harry Truman would be proud.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

i love that "conspiracy theorist" turned into "investigative journalist"

loving lmao

Personally I'm a big fan of when his investigation revealed that the president was a secret Kenyan Muslim.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I don't want to get my hopes up but this really does feel like 'I'm getting indicted today' level panic

https://twitter.com/annaschecter/status/1067078236998377473?s=19

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Never, never, never, never, never read the responses. :(

Oh well. You keep giving 'em hell, AOC. Harry Truman would be proud.

Aoc's tweets are a honeypot for fascists.

They are good for finding out what disinformation is being distributed by the hivemind though. Whatever you see in those responses is what you'll see coming from some shitbag pundit on MSNBC in a day.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
at this point people have been saying "indictments today???" for a solid month

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

eke out posted:

I don't want to get my hopes up but

Don't. See: last time people were sure indictments were coming down. And the time before that, too.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

It ended up not mattering. Tina Smith has turned out to be a pretty good Senator, and she just won election in her own right--all of which we tried to point out to the "but you can't kick him out cause he's a member of the triiiiiiiiiibe" crowd.

I remember feeling genuinely angry during that whole affair that so many people around me who I thought were supporters of women's rights were so willing to look the other way because Franken was a Democrat. As far as I'm concerned, Kirsten Gillibrand earned my support for that move alone the day she called for Franken to be ousted, even though she knew it probably wouldn't win her a lot of friends and it was a politically risky thing for her to do.

In a way, I think she was even right about Bill Clinton. He should have been punished for that bullshit with Lewinsky--for wasting everyone's time lying about it when telling the truth from the start would have left the Republicans holding their own dicks and bleating about him being a bad husband.

Team politics is one hell of a drug.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

eke out posted:

I don't want to get my hopes up but this really does feel like 'I'm getting indicted today' level panic

narrator: he had indeed lied, and he did sit in prison and rot

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

at this point people have been saying "indictments today???" for a solid month

People say that whenever trump tweets about Mueller, which is different than a target of the investigation telling every journalist he can that he's about to be indicted because he just rejected a plea deal.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Groovelord Neato posted:

corsi was probably the biggest birther before trump and it's nutty seeing his name back in the news.

This is good news!!!

For Hyundai/Kia!!!!

I hope, cause I need this job

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Barbarism. Sheer, unadulterated barbarism

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

eke out posted:

"Id rather sit in prison and rot"

One finger on the Monkeys paw closes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Frozen shirt sells it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Barry Foster posted:

Barbarism. Sheer, unadulterated barbarism

it's called being a "compassionate conservative"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Also moderately interesting they keep saying perjury specifically.

Could just be imprecise usage, but if it's true it'd mean Corsi lied to the grand jury under oath, not just FBI agents a la papadopoulos

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

eke out posted:

To be fair, if Mueller were to ask me whether I enjoyed my breakfast I would probably panic and start trying to figure out if putting butter on a bagel is a felony. Being worried is simply the smart state to be in if you've got the FBI looking even remotely on your general direction.

Doubly so if you are guilty as poo poo like Trump is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

This one doesn't have anything to do with Donny. They are also shutting down all operations in Oshawa, Ontario:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/autos/gm-closing-all-operations-in-oshawa-ont-sources-1.4191935