Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ibblebibble posted:

The real question: which is the better buttrock track, Rise or eScape?

A TO THE L TO THE E-X ANDER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017
Today I played through a dungeon with a tank who would not engage enemies at all. They’d wait for me (bard) or the ninja to engage enemies then pick one like they were a dps. No aggro or anything, me and the ninja ended up basically tanking to try and keep enemies off the healer.

The tank also wouldn’t respond at all in chat it was insane, luckily it was hauke manor so it was manageable but the three of us were having a good chuckle at the sheer incompetence. The tank basically ran around in circles got lost constantly and as I said would absolutely not engage any enemies until we did. We’d literally stand there being like please go ahead and they’d run behind us. They somehow had shield oath but didn’t understand what a tank does? Idk if we got trolled or someone was just incredibly drunk lmao

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That's when you use Vote Kick, my dude.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Sounds like a bot.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

how?

goddamn that was a painful doma castle run

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

how?

goddamn that was a painful doma castle run

At least they used Fire4 and didn't just cast Fire for 90% of the dungeon like that BLM in The Burn a couple of days ago.

There's a reason why I know that there can be 3 deep fog phases.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
"I'm an ice mage!"

Yes, I've heard that with complete sincerity.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Cythereal posted:

"I'm an ice mage!"

But only until I've topped off my MP again, and then I'mma set everything on fire again.

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017
I thought about them being a bot but they seemed too erratic for that, I guess I don’t know how a bot running dungeons would work though.

How do you vote kick? Is it in the party menu?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

When it comes to trials, Tsukuyomi and Suzaku have edged out Shiva for my favourite primal theme. Hell, Tsukuyomi's transition beats Shiva's, IMO.

I think Equilibrium might be my favorite so far.

Not a primal theme, but I also like the kinda weird jazzy music that plays during that one Heavensward library dungeon.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

keirharder posted:

I thought about them being a bot but they seemed too erratic for that, I guess I don’t know how a bot running dungeons would work though.

How do you vote kick? Is it in the party menu?

Yeah. Just open up the party menu, right click on their name, select a reason, then initiate vote. Harassment is close enough since there isn't really a, "This guy is probably a bot" reason.

I really need to figure out my bloom settings eventually.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What ever happened to that depressed Kobold whose parents were killed? Don't think he's been mentioned at all during the main Stormblood MSQ (though haven't done patch content yet).

I want that Kobold to meet my other favorite beastperson, Roundrox.

edit: Currently the rear end in a top hat Illumina goblin with the cat (what is up with that cat anyways, I wonder if it's important) has hooked Roundrox up to a machine so she can activate the Codex, so I'm pretty worried.

edit2: Completely unrelated to anything, but this Maelstrom guy in the 63 Summoner job quest that I did today mentioned how he and some of the other Maelstrom soldiers had a crush on me.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 26, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

What ever happened to that depressed Kobold whose parents were killed? Don't think he's been mentioned at all during the main Stormblood MSQ (though haven't done patch content yet).

I want that Kobold to meet my other favorite beastperson, Roundrox.

He gets brought up again in patch 4.4. Basically he's getting looked after by Rhiki at the Maelstrom HQ after the HW encounter.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
not sure if this has been posted but its an online market board. Finally the companion app has a use!

https://mogboard.com

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Nessus posted:

While we're talking about RP: if I wanted to do up an apartment or a section of a house to resemble a Steppes-style tent, what kind of stuff would be good for that?

Going to the source, the few tents you can enter in the Steppe are very open and empty inside. That having been said, if you want a denser experience, a few items come to mind.

You'll want a lot of pots, either terracotta or porcelain, as well as rugs on the floor. The sewing basket item has some rolled up rugs and wicker baskets. A kimono hanger might not be a bad idea too. Add the indoor BBQ spit from the Monster Hunter quest and the Morin Khurr and Mol Banner from the MSQ. Sake set from the Doman Enclave is also an option.

Some of the Hingan-themed furnishings will be close enough for the kind of minimal furniture they have in the tents in Reunion and Mol Iloh.

Clever use of partitions and pillars in an apartment could give a more "circular" feel to the room. I'd use lots of doodads on the walls to distract from a lack of decent wallpapers to match Steppe style.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing I've noticed is that other healers seem really slow with rezzes, at least in these duty-finder groups. I'm wondering if some other people just don't have Quickcast on their hotbars.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

One thing I've noticed is that other healers seem really slow with rezzes, at least in these duty-finder groups. I'm wondering if some other people just don't have Quickcast on their hotbars.
In dungeons I'm using my swiftcast on holy, and in raids idk maybe someone else ate it and I swift raised them. Either way unless its vital you be alive immediately to do a mechanic or something I'm more apt to wait for swiftcast to come back than slow raise someone.

Some people swiftcast protect also, which is dumb.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

think i blew a newbie’s mind today

wife wanted to see the bard macro player i had so i hopped onto my alt and fired it up. immediately as i launched into a stunning rendition of the mii channel theme a lala says “omg” and starts clapping and dancing. once i stop it they ask if there’s any way to give me gil as a trial player. i laughed and said not to worry about it and kicked into a couple more songs as they sat down and tried to guess what they were. when i was done i gave them a hug and a wave and told them to have fun out in the world before teleporting away~

just felt very wholesome. wish i thought to get a screenshot of just me and them alone in ulda aetheryte plaza lol

completely unrelated vanity screenshot of my main after i grinded shiva ex solo over a dozen times trying to get the drk sword:

sole survivor is such a baller move god i love drk

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

One thing to keep in mind is that if a party has red mages some healers will wait and see if the red mage rezes first since they can do so more quickly and easily and with less resource cost.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
And sometimes they deserve to lay on the ground

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Hell is healing Aurum Vale with a DRK who is still wearing all the poo poo he pulled out of his "Welcome to DRK!" armor cache and wants to pull big. Holy mother of God.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I did a Haukke Manor on AST the other night where the tank had the lowest HP in the party. :shepicide:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Just give every class level 1 item level 130 starting gear so ARR is slightly less miserable, imo.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

completely unrelated vanity screenshot of my main after i grinded shiva ex solo over a dozen times trying to get the drk sword:

The Shiva Ex DRK sword should have been called "Icecalibur."

Oh, hey, question for the thread about GC switching. If I max out a GC rank and switch to another one and then switch back to the original, do I have to grind the rank back up or am I back at my old rank? I kind of want to switch back to Adders for some of their pretty Captain weapons, but I don't really want to go through the ranks again.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 26, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Captain Cappy posted:

Just give every class level 1 item level 130 starting gear so ARR is slightly less miserable, imo.

Like that'd stop anyone

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leofish posted:

The Shiva Ex DRK sword should have been called "Icecalibur."

Oh, hey, question for the thread about GC switching. If I max out a GC rank and switch to another one and then switch back to the original, do I have to grind the rank back up or am I back at my old rank? I kind of want to switch back to Adders for some of their pretty Captain weapons, but I don't really want to go through the ranks again.

According to a friend of mine you retain your old rank.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Captain Oblivious posted:

There’s zero chance of them loving off any time soon BUT given that we are likely going to be working for Zodiark against them and going directly after the Ascians is the major plot thread right now I think we can safely say any mystery they had is about to go out the window. We are due for the whole truth about Zodiark and Hydaelyn and the origin of the Ascians

Were I to take a wild guess on this: Zodiark, by all logic, is a PART of Hydaelyn that was ejected. Thus, without him Hydaelyn is incomplete and, perhaps, bleeding. He is no longer a part of her, so she cannot simply allow him back in. It would be like trying to combine matter and antimatter Or trying to force to magnets together. But if the differences between the two of them could be, somehow, equalized, perhaps a proper recombination would be possible. Most of the Ascians, while trying to bring Zodiark back, are Zodiark fanboys who want him to not merely reintegrate but 'win' which would logically be just as bad as the current situation, if not worse.

Of course.. this also begs a new question: How did Hydaelyn wind up in this state to begin with?

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Armor is for weenies, be a warrior!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

dolphinbomb posted:

A TO THE L TO THE E-X ANDER

Alex Prime is still my favorite 8-man raid boss

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Leofish posted:

The ranks and currency in your old GC are essentially frozen until you rejoin. Your squadron will follow you to your new GC and keep all their progress as well.

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Very nice

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

The ranks and currency in your old GC are essentially frozen until you rejoin. Your squadron will follow you to your new GC and keep all their progress as well.

Correct. THAT SAID, bear in mind that any equipment you obtain that has GC locks will stop working if you switch out of that company. This includes stuff that's been glamoured over other equipment, so when you switch back from Adders, you won't be able to equip/glamour that gear until you go back to Adders.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Correct. THAT SAID, bear in mind that any equipment you obtain that has GC locks will stop working if you switch out of that company. This includes stuff that's been glamoured over other equipment, so when you switch back from Adders, you won't be able to equip/glamour that gear until you go back to Adders.

Okay excellent. I haven't gone through with it yet because I really love the Flames hunt mark tank armor but the weapons are chunky and that's not really my style. I'm leveling WAR now (really regret sitting on it for so long) and I kind of like the Adders axe. Switching will have to depend on whether or not I kept my old armor though. Not sure I want to grind up the Allied Seals again.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

What gloves are those?

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Wacky Delly posted:

What gloves are those?

Looks like hand wraps, dropped from, I wanna say... pagos boxes? They should be pretty cheap on the Market Board.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Reported for mentioning E***ka

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Ytlaya posted:

edit2: Completely unrelated to anything, but this Maelstrom guy in the 63 Summoner job quest that I did today mentioned how he and some of the other Maelstrom soldiers had a crush on me.

I did that quest just yesterday and got so excited. They called me Lieutenant though, because the quest is old. I'm de Captain now.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

At least in level 70 content, I basically always see the first person to die get a swiftcast rez from a healer. After that it becomes "who knows".

So when I'm running rdm I never pick up the first person to die because I'd just be wasting my mp.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Usually what ends up happening is that everybody who can raise doesn't, because they think someone else is going to do it and they don't want to waste their resources.

After a few seconds of no raises, all of them decide at the same time that nobody else is going to do it, and the dead person eats 3 raises at the same time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So I just tanked The Vault as DRK in Squadron.

Man, the squadron mates are slow as hell at doing DPS checks. Four fireballs exploded during his big attack. :argh:

also why does he do so much damage

Managed to do it in one shot, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Renegret posted:

Usually what ends up happening is that everybody who can raise doesn't, because they think someone else is going to do it and they don't want to waste their resources.

After a few seconds of no raises, all of them decide at the same time that nobody else is going to do it, and the dead person eats 3 raises at the same time.

Could just be like me and not bother raising the dead because they suck, unless I manage to get a free moment in which I will begrudgingly cast raise.

Making summer glams in winter is pretty fun.