Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

On the Free Beyond Wrestling show, Orange Cassidy doing a kip while his hands were in his pocket was the damndest thing I've ever seen. I wish him success on the indies if he hasn't achieved that yet.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TV Zombie posted:

On the Free Beyond Wrestling show, Orange Cassidy doing a kip while his hands were in his pocket was the damndest thing I've ever seen. I wish him success on the indies if he hasn't achieved that yet.

He's been an ant in CHIKARA forever

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

He's been an ant in CHIKARA forever

So he hasn’t achieved any success

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sportsgenius86 posted:

:shrug: CHIKARA's had ups and downs but they're one of the most famous indies and the Ants are pretty over. If that's not success it's something reasonably close.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

:shrug: CHIKARA's had ups and downs but they're one of the most famous indies and the Ants are pretty over. If that's not success it's something reasonably close.

It’s not success

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

getting paid in exposure (55 people in attendance)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The Invisible Man is more over in a more well-known and better-drawing company (Joey Janela's Twitter Account).

If you have less success than someone who doesn't exist, you're not a success.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I saw Orange Cassidy once and he was incredibly lazy with his moves. He needs to practice moves more if he wants to make it to the big leagues

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Being an ant for Chikara is pretty cool though. That’s a who’s who of indie names.

A lot cooler than indie gently caress #367 that did a 3rd on the card match for a WWN show that no one will remember what the result was in 48 hours.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I need Orange Cassidy in the Dome against Yano

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

coconono posted:

Being an ant for Chikara is pretty cool though. That’s a who’s who of indie names.

A lot cooler than indie gently caress #367 that did a 3rd on the card match for a WWN show that no one will remember what the result was in 48 hours.

But the fact that he's an ant isn't public knowledge because Quack is a sperglord

I think CHIKARA fans even got Wikipedia to keep all the ant's real names off the site - also if you go to Cagematch, the ant matches don't link to the wrestlers who portray them

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Given that his other persona is a comedy act who is too lazy to actually do any wrestling in his wrestling matches, I think it's fair to say he doesn't care about achieving what you term as success.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Given that his other persona is a comedy act who is too lazy to actually do any wrestling in his wrestling matches, I think it's fair to say he doesn't care about achieving what you term as success.

That's fine. Perhaps he doesn't. That doesn't change the fact that being an ant for Chikara for a whole bunch of years isn't really any "success."

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dangerous Person posted:

I need Orange Cassidy in the Dome against Yano

orange cassidy vs. yano would be match of the year and big dave would hate it.

cmon book it, gedo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Perhaps being an ant has been creatively fulfilling as a job. if that Were the case, it would be considered a personal success and could be argued a professional one in the vein of a starving artist who eats very moldy bread and rotten canned beans that are free due to expiry. This is not considered living successfully as you will die From it

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Orange Cassidy also has a good real life job (at least according to the Tinder screenshot my friend sent me) so I imagine that wrestling is a creative endeavor that he doesn't need to pay his bills.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least that job he’s probably successful at

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
After Beretta did that sliding German against Omega last year and someone (Rollins?) in WWE followed, Beretta was very careful to make sure everyone know he was doing an Orange Cassidy move originally. Success and happiness can only come from within and I hope OC is a happy, healthy person.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Deathlove posted:

After Beretta did that sliding German against Omega last year and someone (Rollins?) in WWE followed, Beretta was very careful to make sure everyone know he was doing an Orange Cassidy move originally. Success and happiness can only come from within and I hope OC is a happy, healthy person.

I'm pretty sure he said it was a Colin Delaney move. He's been doing it for years.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Big Bidness posted:

I'm pretty sure he said it was a Colin Delaney move. He's been doing it for years.

oh haha, you're totally right. My opinion about Cassidy's health and happiness stand, nonetheless.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestleGatePro/status/1067115445961060357

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah just saw the new deal being talked about in a UK group, this is the beginning of the end for a lot of NXT UK bookings in UK indies.

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018
I just got Highspots again and was looking to see if anyone knew some really good deathmatches to watch.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

coconono posted:

Excelling as an Ant is like being a really good extra: nobody will recognize you for it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lukess1 posted:

I just got Highspots again and was looking to see if anyone knew some really good deathmatches to watch.

I don't know about specific deathmatches, but you should watch the 10 Years of Carnage documentary on there if you haven't already

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

lukess1 posted:

Highspots allows you to search by typing in guy's names, maybe go after people like Necro Butcher, Nick Gage, Tremont, etc.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm a good, successful ant

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Lucha Bros vs Sydal and A-Kid should be tremendous.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Is it just me, or does Cage look very unwell. He almost has the roided/coked Macho Man red eyes going on..

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

TheCool69 posted:

Is it just me, or does Cage look very unwell. He almost has the roided/coked Macho Man red eyes going on..

You say that while A-Kid is wrestling as just a floating head!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Brian Cage isn't on steroids. He just has a little nozzle in his back that someone inflates periodically with a pump until he inevitably pops.

Its actually super weird to go back through the years in Cage's career and see him just never stop growing.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Probably pretty tricky to get pinned when you don't have shoulders.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

You say that while A-Kid is wrestling as just a floating head!

I think it's more worrying that he looks like a wax figure from an indy wrestling museum

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TheCool69 posted:

He’s an indy wrestler with an infant child so he’s probably exhausted

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

drat... that's a really good card. i wonder how hard it is to get out to chicago heights without a car

whew, the answer is "extremely"

shiksa fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 27, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/combatzone/status/1067211465357230080

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Woof. Hope Tremont has his carrying shoes on.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Onitas a senior citizen and deserves your respect damnit! Also a discount at Denny's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MDK