Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

No Activity is fantastic yeah. I was surprised it got a second season but I'll take it.

It's probably one of the cheapest shows I can think of to make as it's literally nothing but scenes of two people talking and I'm sure most of the bigger name cameos are doing it as a favor and not getting paid what they normally would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Please everyone let me know when you watch episode 4

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This looks pretty great:

https://youtu.be/wcxAaIfKBeI?t=15

Some serious LA Confidential vibes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Escobarbarian posted:

Please everyone let me know when you watch episode 4

JK Simmons once again destroys.

I'm on five and this thing between Zouks and Milioti is getting straight up nutso.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

feedmyleg posted:

This looks pretty great:

https://youtu.be/wcxAaIfKBeI?t=15

Some serious LA Confidential vibes.

This looks pretty good. I think in 20 years we're gonna look back and realize that Pine was the superior Chris all along.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

He's no Evans but he's slowly winning me over with the last few things I've seen from him.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Pine was great in Hell or High Water, even if I thought the movie was sorta overrated overall

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rhyno posted:

This looks pretty good. I think in 20 years we're gonna look back and realize that Pine was the superior Chris all along.

That was already set in stone ever since Into the Woods

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

He's no Evans but he's slowly winning me over with the last few things I've seen from him.

It's gonna be hard to top Evans but once he begins his path to the Presidency he moves to a different classification and leaving Pine to take the top spot of Hollywood Chrises's.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

It's gonna be hard to top Evans but once he begins his path to the Presidency he moves to a different classification and leaving Pine to take the top spot of Hollywood Chrises's.

...poo poo I just realized that I would totally vote for President Evans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

asecondduck posted:

In a heartbeat.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm pretty loving sure Batman is The Night.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

asecondduck posted:

Even as GW Bush I would be sorely tempted to vote for Sam Rockwell

Lmao I just realized that he essentially already played GW when he was Zaphod in HHGG

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I cannot believe the blasphemy I am hearing about the one true Chris, sir Hemsworth.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Clearly we need a Pine, Hemsworth, and Evans teamup.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can’t we just agree they’re all great and leave it at that

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I do like that we all quietly agree that Pratt is trash.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1066787383675404289

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All of you ignoring Pratt, the One True Chris, smdh

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rarity posted:

All of you ignoring Pratt, the One True Chris, smdh

People kind of turned on him when they learned he was very religious, loves guns and hunting, and has pretty conservative political leanings.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I used to love Pratt until I learned how much of a jesus freak he was

edit: ^^^ exactly

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

X-O posted:

People kind of turned on him when they learned he was very religious, loves guns and hunting, and has pretty conservative political leanings.

Oh :negative:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean by all accounts he's still a pretty good guy but it soured a lot of people. I mean I have no problems with any of those things unless they crossover into extreme behavior or beliefs but some people feel differently.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Clearly we need to cast Courtney Portnoy in Corpse Me If You Can-Can, the 1940s Cannes, France-set story of a can-can dancer who contracts cancer but continues to can-can as a canny cadaver who plays the accordion with Kevin Corrigan, Kevin Kline, Chris Klein, Chris Pine and Chris Kattan

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SimonChris posted:

Clearly we need to cast Courtney Portnoy in Corpse Me If You Can-Can, the 1940s Cannes, France-set story of a can-can dancer who contracts cancer but continues to can-can as a canny cadaver who plays the accordion with Kevin Corrigan, Kevin Kline, Chris Klein, Chris Pine and Chris Kattan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhbIXBdJxM8

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I still like Chris Pratt just fine.

I mean the band Low are Mormons yet they smoke weed and make emotionally devastating space rock/slowcore. Religious people can be okay. Landing is another Mormon band, they're drone post rock and are very cool people

Edit: and I mean, I'm super religious, it's just that I'm Gnostic and believe a lot of weird poo poo completely at odds with mainstream church sects

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

X-O posted:

I didn't know that, but I'll probably still see GotG 3. He's not really in anything else good now anyway. Also I'll probably forget.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wish Jimmy Fallon would quit

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Gun to my head, I probably couldn't tell the difference between Fallon and Kimmell.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think my favourite Chris is still Lloyd, just for as long as he's still with us.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

Gun to my head, I probably couldn't tell the difference between Fallon and Kimmell.

I think you need new glasses

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I liked Fallon on Late Night but I dropped The Tonight Show pretty early on. Never cared for Colbert, Corden, or Kimmel. I watched some of Seth's stuff at the very beginning but dropped off. Conan was the only one I continued to watch. I'm pretty interested in his new show format starting at the beginning of the year and his podcast, thought only two episodes in, is really good.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Iron Crowned posted:

I think you need new glasses

And I think they need better material.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

X-O posted:

I liked Fallon on Late Night but I dropped The Tonight Show pretty early on. Never cared for Colbert, Corden, or Kimmel. I watched some of Seth's stuff at the very beginning but dropped off. Conan was the only one I continued to watch. I'm pretty interested in his new show format starting at the beginning of the year and his podcast, thought only two episodes in, is really good.

I miss Craig Ferguson. For me, his late night show was the perfect blend of stupidity while also sticking its thumb in the format's eye.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I miss Craig Ferguson.

Yeah, same. I don't watch any late night stuff now (although a lot of that is simply due to lack of time, but really nobody has picked up his mantle). I never really got the chance to watch much Craig in the final run, so I'm going to watch through his final month at some point.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

precision posted:

I still like Chris Pratt just fine.

I mean the band Low are Mormons yet they smoke weed and make emotionally devastating space rock/slowcore. Religious people can be okay. Landing is another Mormon band, they're drone post rock and are very cool people

Edit: and I mean, I'm super religious, it's just that I'm Gnostic and believe a lot of weird poo poo completely at odds with mainstream church sects

gently caress yeah Low is awesome, though I haven't cared much for the last few albums :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got to the No Activity finale and god I just love Amy Sedaris so much.

“I’ve marched in more gay pride parades than you’ve had hot jizz on your belly”

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/georgelazenby/status/1067114441047777280

Great story about Ricky Jay.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hope and vaseline posted:

gently caress yeah Low is awesome, though I haven't cared much for the last few albums :(

Yeah, they set the bar so high with Trust, The Great Destroyer, and Drums and Guns that everything after has been just "pretty good" for me.

Seeing them live in '99 was fantastic, I was a bit (a lot) drunk and kept loudly requesting "Do You Know How to Waltz?" which kept making Alan crack up. After the show me and the bass player split a pizza and talked about Philip K Dick novels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

precision posted:

Yeah, they set the bar so high with Trust, The Great Destroyer, and Drums and Guns that everything after has been just "pretty good" for me.

Seeing them live in '99 was fantastic, I was a bit (a lot) drunk and kept loudly requesting "Do You Know How to Waltz?" which kept making Alan crack up. After the show me and the bass player split a pizza and talked about Philip K Dick novels.

I'm so jealous. I got into them around 2001, but Secret Name's probably my favorite album of theirs, and I would have loved to see them tour in that era. I feel like Low lost a bit of spark when Zak Sally left :(

Anyway how bout them televisions