Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

Probably a build-a-figure.

But I can't imagine it's the MMPR Ultrazord. That'd take too many pieces.

That's what's confusing me

Like, that's the one that generally is what you call The UltraZord, since it was the first, but there's no goddamn way that's a build a figure. That's way too complex and they'd not want to skip over the DragonZord and MMPR MegaZord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

RPM Ultrazord. :getin:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ninja Mega Falconzord?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Ninja Mega Falconzord?

Not an Ultrazord.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pyramidas? It's super simple in bipedal shape

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Ultrazord version of Pyramidas is really just Pyramidas with stuff shoved in his back.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
A build-a-figure wouldn't have it's own UPC.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

that's

a good point

I have no idea then

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
I doubt it's a Build-a-figure, they usually don't get their own listings.

Maybe it's the Beast Morpher name for the combined Go-buster mecha?

Edit: too late.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

why would it be listed with the Lightning Collection then?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also I'm not sure it's the initial Go-Busters combination:

http://news.tokunation.com/2018/11/23/power-rangers-beast-morphers-wave-1-toy-listings-revealed-57038

It seems the name for GoBuster Oh in Beast Morphers is Beast-X Megazord.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Could it be an internal SKU? I don't know how Hasbro normally handles build-a-figs.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Are the Beast Morphers getting entirely new weapons? The Go-Busters all used standard-issue swords and blasters, because their individual things were powers instead of weapons. Maybe they are just taking the suits and shooting most of a new show.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Caphi posted:

Are the Beast Morphers getting entirely new weapons? The Go-Busters all used standard-issue swords and blasters, because their individual things were powers instead of weapons. Maybe they are just taking the suits and shooting most of a new show.

There are toys listed that aren't used in the show, but there were tons of those for Ninja Steel too. So probably they won't see any on screen use. But remember we have literally no precedent for a Hasbro produced PR show, so we have no clue how this is going to go.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

As enthused as I was for Lupin/Pat when it hit, I'm just utterly bored of it now. Why is this show so empty? Nothing has really progressed in 40 episodes, it's hosed.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

why would it be listed with the Lightning Collection then?

You're right, I'm stumped.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

As enthused as I was for Lupin/Pat when it hit, I'm just utterly bored of it now. Why is this show so empty? Nothing has really progressed in 40 episodes, it's hosed.

Toy sales are apparently way down too. Has a Sentai show ever been canned early?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I fell off before the Silver/Gold ranger debuted, and every time I see pics of the new Mechs they've introduced I just don't even want to start again. Those things are so drat fugly.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

JT Smiley posted:

I fell off before the Silver/Gold ranger debuted, and every time I see pics of the new Mechs they've introduced I just don't even want to start again. Those things are so drat fugly.

It's fine, they barely matter. We get a robot fight per episode but they're rarely good, we never got something as impressive as early Lupin Kaiser fights again beyond the extremely rare Good Cool Kaiser VSX fight.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

It’s a bummer to hear that LuPat sucks, the concept is really good

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I feel like after such a season they go back to basics and a three ranger core team, for budget reasons if not anything else.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Having so many large teams in back to back seasons has got to get expensive.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Next season

Exciting Sentai Cloneranger!

It's three red rangers all played by the same guy

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I feel like after such a season they go back to basics and a three ranger core team, for budget reasons if not anything else.

After Go-Busters was weird and didn't do well they put out Kyoryuger, which had ten rangers and 50 screaming collectible doohickeys. If anything Gobus was about as basic three-ranger as you can get and it tanked.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Then do you think they try to repeat the success of Carranger with something lampooning the franchise's various excesses?

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

From what I heard a lot of the people involved were the same ones behind Zyuogher which had similar pacing issues.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

It is a great concept, and Noël should have really shook things up, but he didn't and as a result he's just a Lupinranger who the cops work with and he blatantly feeds Patranger info to the thieves. The Ganglar don't do anything; I guess the idea is that Don Dogranio is looking for his successor, but the mooks basically don't pull heists towards that goal. But there's all these questions the show has asked but never really followed up on, so I wouldn't be surprised if the final batch of episodes is going to just start compulsively puking unsatisfying answers.

Zyuohger at least had stuff going on while the plot stalled. Character stuff on both sides. L/P is just... there.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zyuohger at least had stuff going on while the plot stalled. Character stuff on both sides. L/P is just... there.

Yeah, Zyuohger had really good world and character building, and it constantly made you feel like everyone mattered and that the Zyuohgers were truly growing as people and as a team.

LuPat may as well just be "Lupinranger" at this point with how much it seems to utterly despise half its cast. At least it isn't horribly Red-centric, which is a step forward from other recent Sentai, but at the same time it's treated the actually good half of the cast like poo poo and it's clearly not going to improve. Stealing the Patranger's mecha and super mode and giving them to the Lupins was the absolute proof of it, though going entire episodes without them transforming also proves the point. The plot is also 100% stalled, even when an episode seems like it'll impact something, it doesn't. The situation has barely changed from episode 1, beyond Noel's existence. Every named villain is alive, no character has actually gotten close to their goals, and the Lupin vs Pat fight is still ongoing even if the characters are a bit more open to each other. Even when Tsukasa had already gotten to the truth really early on!

Every episode individually is enjoyable in the same way junk food is enjoyable, it's not good but it works as a distraction. But the whole series is a mess, and my feelings towards it have only grown more negative.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

It is a great concept, and Noël should have really shook things up, but he didn't and as a result he's just a Lupinranger who the cops work with and he blatantly feeds Patranger info to the thieves. The Ganglar don't do anything; I guess the idea is that Don Dogranio is looking for his successor, but the mooks basically don't pull heists towards that goal. But there's all these questions the show has asked but never really followed up on, so I wouldn't be surprised if the final batch of episodes is going to just start compulsively puking unsatisfying answers.

I think the answers are probably going to be a bit more satisfying given that while the pacing is glacial there is more plot development than when Zyuogher stalled. And I'm not saying that I like it more but just that they do seem to be setting up elements more than what Zyuogher ever did. For example Noel is clearly a Ganglar given the hints that the show has dropped. If he isn't then what the gently caress is wrong with the writers but still that wouldn't be that unsatisfying to learn that he is.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 28, 2018

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

MadScientistWorking posted:

Noel is clearly a Ganglar given the hints that the show has dropped.

I think it's more likely he's one of Lupin's descendants; I don't know where you got the Ganglar thing from.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I find the choreography stuff on the ground to be pretty good. The sets don't look as bad as the Kyuranger spaceship bridge or the Ninninger mecha cockpit (sorta love the 90s color palatte but goddamn). I feel like most of the people who dislike VS do so because of the actors out-of-costume stuff or the mech battles. The mechs definitely dropped off after X Kaiser's reveal. To me some of the plot silliness (like the dance instructor episode) was the sort of amusing goofy stuff that Sentai does all the time.

It would probably make a good season of Power Rangers in the right hands, so it's hilarious that it probably won't be one.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Every sentai after Kyoryuger has had the good concept, bad exception problem.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm still enjoying LuPat and it is going to be the first Sentai I see from start to finish, but yeah, biggest issue is that nothing happens, which is a pretty big issue.

There was even a subplot of Kairi becoming more solitary and a jerkass to Keichiro over jealousy about how much his late Brother and Keichiro are alike, and better than Kairi, which got resolved by... offscreen puppies and a quick "your friends care for you fyi" slapped on a good goofy episode about beams that make you worry about poo poo like a hummingbird poking your friend's fat belly and making them explode. The resolution was just so sudden, in an episode that didn't even focus on the reds involved. I actually thought that maybe it simply wasn't resolved yet, but the following episode has Kairi be super chummy and happy with everyone with big friendships.

It makes me worry about how the identity reveal will be handled, like if they'll straight up just leave it to the last two episodes, defeat the gangler for good and everyone's now chill since the the plot is over.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RBX posted:

Every sentai after Kyoryuger has had the good concept, bad exception problem.

That isn't true.

Ninninger didn't even have a good concept :v:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
I just want good toys and they keep making bricks with lights and noises, and none of the shows have been good enough to make up for that

Except Ninninger which had a fun toy concept for Shurikenjin and Bison King that almost immediately poo poo the bed afterwards.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SpazmasterX posted:

I just want good toys and they keep making bricks with lights and noises, and none of the shows have been good enough to make up for that

Yeah, the robot quality went down the drain. It seems they mostly care about having easily-combined robots now, resulting in ugly things created from vehicles that don't change or barely change upon uniting.

It's unlikely we'll ever get something as complex as old robots or Go-Busters anymore. Sad, those are good toys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUJ0VHcpdIg

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

That isn't true.

Ninninger didn't even have a good concept :v:

I'm burning up!!! is the concept we deserved.

Also, bichon frissé shinguard was dope for how dumb it was. Like, grampa built a mecha for his four grandchild an- f-five grandchildren?! When did... sixteen years ago? gently caress.

Blade_of_tyshalle fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 28, 2018

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

I think it's more likely he's one of Lupin's descendants; I don't know where you got the Ganglar thing from.
Because the show early on posited that the simplest way for Lupin to have ended up with the collection is to have been a Ganglar. And then we have another dangling subplot as to why can't Noel use the trigger machines and dial fighters which the show has been pretty consistent in showing.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Because his changer is incompatacble with them and the show had to write around the toy. :v:
Which makes giving the Patren's supermode to Noel alsmost work for me: Noel has the #1/Patren super mode in Lupen Mode *and* they constantly have to make him ask the other Lupen/Patren to launch his own supermode for him. It's such obvious bullshit I am almost on board for it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In the second to last episode FBIRanger should show up and say "Thanks for your service but this is a federal case now, go home Patranger"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Is he incapable? Or is it just that there were only six VS Changers?

Overall, I do feel like the connection between Lupin, the Ganglar, and the Collection has been a question relatively unasked by the show. It's certainly not really been pushed by anyone; Noël must know how the Ganglar even got all those recoloured Sentai toys, and he's mum about it. And all that stuff is frustrating since the show just doesn't seem to care about following up on or giving weight to its own things, like Zamigo's ice shot not actually killing people.

And Keiichiro. I can't figure out if he basically knows who the Lupinrangers are and his effort to befriend Kairi is to figure out what's happening, or if the writers are using him simply as development for Kairi because gently caress the police.