Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
So when they said it wasn't like a leaguestone they were just flat out lying/trolling.

Also holy lol, I bet some of those are going to be pricey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Officially hyped as fuuuuuuck for scarabs. I'm a little disappointed they didn't just leave them a complete mystery until launch.

It would have been hilarious to continually reference them as if we knew all about them and just never reveal anything more until a day into the league.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
They're not like Leaguestones since they don't look like you can accidentally use them like you could with Leaguestones.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Idk I don't really see how this solves the problem of leaguestones being kind of tedious

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
The 200% more divination cards scarab will be overpriced as hell at least, I've noticed that anything even slightly related to getting a headhunter is overpriced.

Edit: if you could put stacks of them in the map device that would reduce the tedium, the map device is already programmed to only use 1 of each fragment (try putting 3 of the same 'sacrifice at x' in with your map, only 1 will be used)

BadMedic fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 26, 2018

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vasudus posted:

Oh my god they figured out how to make leaguestones work.

Which is exactly what I'd hoped they'd be. :dance:

Zenithe posted:

So when they said it wasn't like a leaguestone they were just flat out lying/trolling.

Chris's exact words were that they weren't "what you think of as Leaguestones". So not lying, but definitely a bit of weasel wording in there.

Edit: For those wondering if you can use more than one in a single map:

Bex_GGG posted:

You can use multiple but no more than one of single type.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 26, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if these dont go in the fragment tab im gonna rage

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

chris already said they were modifying an existing tab for these

also these aren't leaguestones because you used to buy leaguestones every 3-5 maps, now you buy them every 1 map wowee

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Awesome! posted:

if these dont go in the fragment tab im gonna rage

Better option: an expanded side storage on the map device. Click on the device and you get the usual 2x2 grid, with a thing off to the side for Scarabs.

They'll probably just put it in the fragment tab or something though, as that's the weakest of the special tabs.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

They really should put them in the fragment tab because it's kind of a meh tab as it is. Of the specialized tabs, I think it's the least useful (if the essence tab didn't have the upgrade button though it'd be that one).

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
Super excited for unboosted maps to feel even more boring and dead now that we can stack sextants with single charge super sextants.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
In my continued quest to create builds several leagues after they first became popular, I think it's time to bust out the GC mines for Betrayal.

Can someone send a guild invite to MrTorgueFuneralDirector if I'm not already there? I'm at work so I can't check if I got purged.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Can I get a reinvite please? BigHugeTheLarge . Thanks!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Only downside I see to scarabs is just like leaguestones. Based on the names, there appear to be tiers at the very least. Let's say 3ish tiers, multiplied by how many varieties of scarabs, gonna be a storage clusterfuck again if there are many types of scarabs.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Vasudus posted:

Better option: an expanded side storage on the map device. Click on the device and you get the usual 2x2 grid, with a thing off to the side for Scarabs.

They'll probably just put it in the fragment tab or something though, as that's the weakest of the special tabs.

Counter-offer: What about an upgradeable map device, starts off with 2x2, then 3x3, finally 4x4.

e: just looked up the fragment tab, wtf is this noise :|

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

boo_radley posted:

Counter-offer: What about an upgradeable map device, starts off with 2x2, then 3x3, finally 4x4.

It's pretty but largely useless though you can at least stack Offerings in it :shobon:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

boo_radley posted:

But then I can't run Atziri or Shaper until I upgrade it. You can do that the first weekend pretty easily if that's your goal.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Tai posted:

I'm like you in that I loathe leveling but assuming nothing changes, Sabo Arc traps is a very lazy play style. You can just throw traps towards them rather than giving a poo poo about aiming. Pyromaniac makes leveling even easier as you can get it in the regular lab same with Born in the Shadows (Blind aura) which again is amazing for leveling/maps, Delves and Temples.

You don't have to worry about any map mod although no regen is a bit lovely for traps since traps don't leach life/mana. Uber atziri/shaper/elder are pretty smooth. The build is also cheap as gently caress to do stuff with. Anything expensive is going to be some insane amulet or something. Tinkerskin Garb is pretty cheap untill you can get a Loreweave which you want to do espcially if you go with Shimmeron(s). Shimmerons might be a bit more expensive this league. I think people started to notice mid league that the nerf to them wasn't as bad as people thought.

The only con to a trapper is lifepool is a struggle. 6k is pretty hard to get without spending. You can offset this a bit with Mind of Matter.

Yeah I'm thinking either Sabo Arc Traps or Toxic Rain Trickster for next league start (then build a MS J U G G with the currency I get :getin:)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Vasudus posted:

But then I can't run Atziri or Shaper until I upgrade it. You can do that the first weekend pretty easily if that's your goal.

Those need 4 fragments, 2x2 = ?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Those need 4 fragments, 2x2 = ?

the gently caress outta here with your math and facts

whoops

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

In my continued quest to create builds several leagues after they first became popular, I think it's time to bust out the GC mines for Betrayal.

Can someone send a guild invite to MrTorgueFuneralDirector if I'm not already there? I'm at work so I can't check if I got purged.

GC mines is appealing to me too because I like the idea of league starting with the MoM version and then building up to the LL version.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Vasudus posted:

4x4 map device == 4 full copies of the atziri stones == Turbo Atziri: all mobs, rogue exiles and bosses count quadrupled

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

will these go in the fragment tab?

quote:

Eventually, yes. Maybe not right along side the launch of Betrayal, though.

also

quote:

Scarabs drop in Betrayal Safehouses from the chests in the living quarters of specific Immortal Syndicate members. There are three tiers of each Scarab (Rusted/Polished/Gilded), which correspond to the three ranks that Syndicate members can have. So these do require some effort to get, but with careful Syndicate planning, you can try to engineer it so that you get several per Safehouse run.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The fact that they're a Betrayal item but they're going into the fragment tab eventually means that either Betrayal is planned to go core out the gate or they're going to be a persistent item rewarded from ongoing league gimmicks. So that's cool.

Also sounds like they're rare enough that you won't be drowning in them.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vasudus posted:

The fact that they're a Betrayal item but they're going into the fragment tab eventually means that either Betrayal is planned to go core out the gate or they're going to be a persistent item rewarded from ongoing league gimmicks. So that's cool.

Also sounds like they're rare enough that you won't be drowning in them.

I believe they've already confirmed that Betrayal is going to go core.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

can i get an invite back as burningbaram?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

DaveWoo posted:

I believe they've already confirmed that Betrayal is going to go core.

This makes sense, seeing as how it doesn't just add additional isolated content, but changes some of the game's core mechanics.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

still looking for an invite if any guild officers are online. IGN is SM_Trapaholics

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Papercut posted:

GC mines is appealing to me too because I like the idea of league starting with the MoM version and then building up to the LL version.

Interesting! Are Trap/Mines mainly for running maps? The dmg and clear are nuts, but idk how they fare against Uber Lab or Uber Elder

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music

myDad posted:

Interesting! Are Trap/Mines mainly for running maps? The dmg and clear are nuts, but idk how they fare against Uber Lab or Uber Elder

Traps/mines are excellent bossers

You can’t facetank everything like with some builds but the damage is definitely there

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

gc mines have very good single target. arc is good enough to kill everything but the single target isnt insane.

you can run arc mines for mapping and switch a couple gems for gc using the same tree

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Neat! Saboteur seems like it might be a little tankier than TR Trickster (without the defensive nodes) too. Trickster gets the life/mana on kill and infinite mana for MoM, but Saboteur gets free ailment immunity and Blind from its offensive nodes.

Do you still have run Detonate Totem for mines? I noticed there's a new keybind for Detonate but haven't touched mines yet

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Awesome! posted:

gc mines have very good single target. arc is good enough to kill everything but the single target isnt insane.

you can run arc mines for mapping and switch a couple gems for gc using the same tree

Yeah that's what my plan was. GC mines suck for clear but it's easy enough to swap between GC and arc depending on what you're doing.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1067186137540612097

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Oodles posted:

Keep raising the prices on things until people stop messaging you, then go back a few steps.

You are hitler

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Wtf

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Melee ele hit, anyone

Or just do the abyss jewel thing

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Well that's...interesting.

Is that two veiled mods?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

One might say twin veiled mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I can see a bunch of silly ways that can be used, especially if the veiled mods are worthwhile.