Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Baker being mad at Hue for using his network and going back to the Bengals is dumb

...and yet refreshingly cool :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its pretty upsetting that browns fans are talking about their team and im not ready to forgive the bengals for that

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
On one hand.....bengals losing is good

On the other hand....browns fans existing

on the gripping hand....ravens are back baby

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That’s three hands.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That’s three hands.

maybe he's talking about his butthole

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

RIP the bengals.

You were a football team.

I mean like, 3 years ago. not recently lol.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Browns didn't even need a rally possum to beat Hue. Turns out maybe Hue just really really sucks.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Browns didn't even need a rally possum to beat Hue. Turns out maybe Hue just really really sucks.

has he come out yet and claimed that he built the team and it's because of him they are winning now?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He'd be right in that they're winning now to prove to the world that Hue Jackson was the cause of all their abject failure.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Most likely switching to a team that has gone undefeated in the Super Bowl while being in multiple super bowls, after this season. so far only the ravens are available but the Saints could be available depending on if they go to the Super Bowl and win the super bowl.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
If the Browns beat the Bengals at home or Ravens they will finish the season with a winning record within the division. When is the last time that happened, like 2007? If it even happened then. I know they swept the Ravens that year but they lost to pittsburgh twice. Ok NOT even 2007. Because they were just .500. Has it ever happened then?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Who cares lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Baker loving rules
Lamar loving rules
Lmao the Steelers have Mason
Lmfao the Bengals have andey

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BROWNS, BABY! THEYRE GOOD!!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

BROWNS, BABY! THEYRE GOOD!!

They’re tied with the Green Bay Packers!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oberst posted:

The Bengals are going to bench dalton

Dalton has been benched for the year

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Metapod posted:

Baker loving rules
Lamar loving rules
Lmao the Steelers have Mason

Lamar may soon rule but at the moment he's pretty meh. Slow going through progressions, bad ball placement, too often looking to run when the pass is there, hesitant in his decision making, and far too inaccurate when throwing on the run. I'm really excited about who Jackson will be with a full off season under his belt but right now I'd definitely start Flacco for the rest of the season if healthy.

Besides, Joe... that's my quarterback :qq:

schmug
May 20, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Dalton has been benched for the year

sort of

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1067175018474471429

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

the joke was bomp posted earlier that Flacco would be benched and then gloated when it was due to injury, then oberst said Andy would be benched

And he has been

Metapod posted:

Thank you for this jinx btw, now say they have Marvin

schmug
May 20, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

the joke was bomp posted earlier that Flacco would be benched and then gloated when it was due to injury, then oberst said Andy would be benched

And he has been

Thank you for this jinx btw, now say they have Marvin

Oh I get it. The Browns "benched" Tyrod as well lol

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
They have Marvin

schmug
May 20, 2007

but Hue

Bengals gonna be the new browns :getin:

again. lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Lamar may soon rule but at the moment he's pretty meh. Slow going through progressions, bad ball placement, too often looking to run when the pass is there, hesitant in his decision making, and far too inaccurate when throwing on the run. I'm really excited about who Jackson will be with a full off season under his belt but right now I'd definitely start Flacco for the rest of the season if healthy.

why are you even talking about throwing that's dumb throwing the football is dumb

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Oh I get it, let me try.

The Bengals have Mike Brown

and they have Hue Jackson

*prays*

schmug
May 20, 2007

what if the Ravens become the new browns? :mindblown:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I hope the Browns win out so that they pretty much have to hire Greg Williams lol

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That’s three hands.

lol look at this loving scrub that doesn't know about an obscure sci fi series written by an incredibly sexist author

schmug
May 20, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I hope the Browns win out so that they pretty much have to hire Greg Williams lol

I'm actually fine with this for one more year. We need an rear end in a top hat in charge for a bit, then grab your choice(Lincoln Riley or flavor of the month) after that.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im mad

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Gregg for another year. It could be worse. We could still have Hue.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

schmug posted:

I'm actually fine with this for one more year. We need an rear end in a top hat in charge for a bit, then grab your choice(Lincoln Riley or flavor of the month) after that.

Hopefully the take away from the Hue era is that moving away from switching coaches every year was a mistake

schmug
May 20, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Hopefully the take away from the Hue era is that moving away from switching coaches every year was a mistake

Oh I completely agree, except I don't want them to settle on their like 4th choice if the guy they really want may be available next year. i.e. I don't think Riley is ready/ready to leave. Don't think Dorsey has ever hired his own coach, but I trust in whatever he comes up with. *fingers crossed*

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
X-posting

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1067136033484144641

Really not trying to jump on the Browns bandwagon but...

schmug
May 20, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

X-posting

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1067136033484144641

Really not trying to jump on the Browns bandwagon but...

all good. there's room. :getin:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Rip andey.

The rookie center has one bad snap in a game, and murders the QB. Lol.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Baker is good

plz god dont let the bengals take a qb after the past few years of good qb prospects

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I am very encouraged by Jackson's performance this past week. He completed 57% of his passes if you include the long throw to Brown that was called back due to an inconsequential hold. Plus his downfield interception was actually a pretty good throw it's just the receiver was covered and some bounces and a great play by the defender caused the pick. Like 95% of the time that's just an incomplete. I like what I've seen of Jackson so far better than what I saw from Boller, Redman, or even Flacco in their earliest games. For instance Flacco's second game was at home against a bad Browns team and he went 13/19 for 129 yards and 2 picks. And plus his big plays in the running game.

I'm sure he will have struggles and there will be some bad games if we keep him in for longer this year but as of right now I'm feeling positive about him. I'd like us to get a good dynamic RB for him to work with next year like how Flacco had Ray Rice to bail him out a lot in 2009-11 especially. We need another guy like that but I think with a player like Jackson it can be even more effective. And if his downfield throws are as good as they were this week teams won't be able to just stack the box .

I think he has the ability to become the best QB in this franchise's history. Now that isn't a super impressive list when Flacco and Testaverde and broken-down McNair are the top names. But I do think he can do it. We need it, because we will likely have to reclaim our legacy after this next SB.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 27, 2018

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's a lot of words that don't amount to an answer to the greatest debate of our time. If Flacco's healthy for this week's game, who's the starter?

schmug
May 20, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

Rip andey.

The rookie center has one bad snap in a game, and murders the QB. Lol.

bad snap? I thought they were punting at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's a lot of words that don't amount to an answer to the greatest debate of our time. If Flacco's healthy for this week's game, who's the starter?

You gotta let Lamar keep cooking my dude. Flacco is rear end. I'm sorry