Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I played through it with a cheat code that disabled the stamina bar and it became my absolute favourite zelda game so they should just do that and also replace fi with groose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Apparently Aonuma teased a Switch port of Skyward Sword the other day

yikes

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

make no mistakes folks skyward sword loving sucks and not in the "for a zelda" way but the regular this game is miserable to play way

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

make no mistakes folks skyward sword loving sucks and not in the "for a zelda" way but the regular this game is miserable to play way

the only cool part is like 3 or 4 of the dungeons and the other 80% of the game is garbage. a shame cause i actually liked swinging the sword around and the watercolor art style

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

its the strongest argument that a traditional video game with a heavy focus on motion controls can work for sure but the game they built around those controls is god awful

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

they can just reuse the time stone concept wholesale in a better game and i would not complain

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Samus Returns has become my favorite Metroid

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

its the strongest argument that a traditional video game with a heavy focus on motion controls can work for sure but the game they built around those controls is god awful

the motion controls are poo poo too though! the sword swinging is locked to 8 directions, it could be mapped to a stick with ease. all the other tools are full motion and link looks like an insane idiot using them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only motion controls that I ever liked was all stuff where point a gun, like Metroid prime trilogy and Wii sports resort archery and Link's Crossbow Training

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a shovelware nerf game for Wii as a present of some kind, I don't remember when, and it was a boomblox clone I think. Whatever the Steven Spielberg game was where you make a tower fall over

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

elf help book posted:

the motion controls are poo poo too though! the sword swinging is locked to 8 directions, it could be mapped to a stick with ease.

Nah, it would be difficult and turn out worse anyway.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

The only motion controls that I ever liked was all stuff where point a gun, like Metroid prime trilogy and Wii sports resort archery and Link's Crossbow Training

or Red Steel or Call of Duty 3

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

In Training posted:

I got a shovelware nerf game for Wii as a present of some kind, I don't remember when, and it was a boomblox clone I think. Whatever the Steven Spielberg game was where you make a tower fall over

yeah, a twin tower.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

or Red Steel or Call of Duty 3

Lol Red Steel...didn't that same studio make Zombii and the beloved folllw up, Zombii U

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Lol Red Steel...didn't that same studio make Zombii and the beloved folllw up, Zombii U

It's the studio that makes the Just Dance games actually

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There is no game called Zombii I just dreamt that apparently

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sword swinging is not locked to 8 directions in skyward sword. I'd say bring on the port but I can just turn fi and dowsing off with dolphin and play a kick-rear end Zelda game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Please do not "bring on the port" of one of the worst video games of all time.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Red steel 2 had fun motion controls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Please do not "bring on the port" of one of the worst video games of all time.

There's way worse games than skyward sword even though it's definitely the worst Zelda game ever made

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

Sword swinging is not locked to 8 directions in skyward sword. I'd say bring on the port but I can just turn fi and dowsing off with dolphin and play a kick-rear end Zelda game.

those aren't the reasons it's bad. not to say they're fine either but they're small specs of dirt in the overall shitpile

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i like fi even tho shes brain damaged

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think we've had the skyward sword and Metroid Prime 2 argument at least 10 times in imp zone history and I don't want to do it again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I think we've had the skyward sword and Metroid Prime 2 argument at least 10 times in imp zone history and I don't want to do it again

Scared?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Mike_Matei/status/1067156654653927425

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just weary

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

reggie, hire this man.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

big dick mike: "when you buy the donkey kong game on the switch shop they should send you a real arcade cabinet to play it on @nintendo @mario"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i missed 3D chat, but i'm stereoblind so i literally don't understand what it is. like i can tell what depth is from parallax and relative size but i have never seen whatever it is people mean when they say "3D," it just looks blurry to me and i don't even get how it could work.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i think Skyward Sword is only "for a Zelda game" bad, but either way it seems to0 early for a port of it.

i know it's been 7 years, but i'd rather they find a way to port Link Between Worlds or Triforce Heroes so i don't have to wreck my shgoulders playing on the small screen. triforce heroes not because it is a good game (it's bad), but because it's the only zelda i never beat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Triforce Heroes is awesome

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i got triforce heroes yesterday i gotta play it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Triforce Heroes is awesome

i never played it but the number 1 thing ir emember about it was their explanation for not having the traditional 4player coop was that if you stacked 4 links on top of eachother it would look too silly

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Motion controls are always bad and I won't hear otherwhilst.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Motion controls are always bad and I won't hear otherwhilst.

This

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
dont make me flail around like an idiot to play your videogame fuckheads!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

those aren't the reasons it's bad. not to say they're fine either but they're small specs of dirt in the overall shitpile

yeah people are quick to fault the motion controls and fi for the game being bad overall but it's more that the majority of the game is an on-rails unskippable cutscene that's not half as engaging as TP. and for all of the emphasis on The Combat there are like 3 enemy types total

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

gyro finetune aiming like in splatoon is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've never played more than an hour of Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword. I morally object to their existence on the grounds of motion controls easily being top 5 worst things to happen in gaming history.