Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The third episode changes it up a bit. The last 10 or so minutes of it is one of my favorite parts of any CBB episode ever. Very worth listening to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
drat I love Don't Stop Or We'll Die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhU0ivuAPW8

Second best comedy podcast affiliated comedy musical act after Superego's Journeymen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlCkCpylpS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnbOU-AOVo

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 26, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I get Moonanza stuck in my head constantly.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

They're just an excellent piano pop band with absurdist lyrics with a child-like naivety. They're wonderful.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

I get Moonanza stuck in my head constantly.

I go back to that doubleheader performance alongside "American Woman/Navajo Bitch" way too often

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I love Don't Stop or We'll Die and I'm psyched they have a new album coming out. I have a Spotify playlist of my favorite songs of theirs and I regularly listen to it while I work. Never fails to put a smile on my face. RIP Harris

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Terror Sweat posted:

yeah i listened to the first two time bobbies, but im pretty sure thats more than enough fourvel

Very wrong

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Did I space out or did they never say "keantwo threeves"?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD22q7AWgIY

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Never forget that Don’t Stop Or We’ll Die met under a bridge.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdA1d4HN160&t=60s
Jeffrey Characterwheaties getting work

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I stopped listening to CBB a while ago (around the time Hey Nong Man started I think, also how is that still a thing?), what are some episodes I really need to catch up on? I have Stitcher Premium so I have access to the full archive.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Popelmon posted:

I stopped listening to CBB a while ago (around the time Hey Nong Man started I think, also how is that still a thing?), what are some episodes I really need to catch up on? I have Stitcher Premium so I have access to the full archive.

They established early on that you can say that to Mantzoukas if you see him in person, but you immediately thereafter have to leave him alone. People apparently abide by that rule, and he seems to enjoy it.

I can't think of any specific episodes from the last two and a half years off the top of my head; Outside of the usual gang of idiots ('Zouks, PFT, Daly, Horatio,) I'd recommend any episode where you see Carl Tart or Mary Holland's name in the guest list, because they both approach the show with ridiculous intensity. Carl refuses to be stymied by anything another performer throws at him, and Mary has perfected the art of eliciting a laugh just in introducing her characters. Any appearance by the Bajillion Dollar Propertie$ cast is also a likely hit.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If my sporadic listening is any indication... not a lot. I think I may have finally given up on CBB. I still have the Daly/Baltz episode sitting around half listened to because it just was doing nothing for me. I'm not sure if I'm fatigued or the show is just tired.

But yeah, guest-wise I'd throw Will Hines in there who just lets his characters go off the rails immediately by yes-anding hard and fast.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 5, 2018

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Gil Ozeri as Bane has been my favorite one note character in a long time.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

One episode that sticks out particularly from this year is the one with Jon Hamm as a guest where Dash Grabem is also introduced. I liked the Wajatta one, too.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't listen to the actual episode but this is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmmPLeXEtzU

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
They all good

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

I didn't listen to the actual episode but this is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmmPLeXEtzU

This episode is very good.

Definitely listen to the episode with CHVRCHES, which introduced the character Bean Dip. Any episode with Dash Grabum is great. Big Grande's recent episode was hilarious. I loved the Don't Stop Or We'll Die episode. Besides this last 6 weeks, this year's been pretty good. Pretty much any/every episode from 2017 was hilarious, that was one of the best years the show's had.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

feedmyleg posted:

I still have the Daly/Baltz episode sitting around half listened to because it just was doing nothing for me. I'm not sure if I'm fatigued or the show is just tired.

I still mostly enjoy the show, but this week's episode wasn't great. It wasn't actively bad, but given the people involved it was disappointing and kind of felt like going through the motions.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Episode 554 with Thomas Middleditch and Horacio Sanz made me laugh like few episodes have

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

the one with ben rodgers was good.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Episode 554 with Thomas Middleditch and Horacio Sanz made me laugh like few episodes have

Wait, is this the one where Sanz is on the phone the whole time?

Whichever episode that was, it was hilarious.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
CBB isn't the funniest podcast in the world or anything but I still find it worth listening to, especially just when doing chores around the house or whatever. It's not as consistent as HH but I still appreciate it and laugh a couple times an episode.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

CBB isn't the funniest podcast in the world or anything but I still find it worth listening to, especially just when doing chores around the house or whatever.

Talk about damning with faint praise.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

Talk about damning with faint praise.

CBB's one of those shows that each episode is loved by someone. I've bounced off of an episode nonplussed only for a friend to tell me they couldn't stop laughing at it.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

Franchescanado posted:

Whichever episode that was, it was hilarious.

Yes, he’s the superintendent of the school that hired the child stranglers

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

CBB's one of those shows that each episode is loved by someone. I've bounced off of an episode nonplussed only for a friend to tell me they couldn't stop laughing at it.

Yeah the key for enjoying the podcast for me is to just not feel any shame about quitting on an episode if it isn't working for me. A lot of episodes do, so I'm still a fan of the podcast, but I don't expect 576 episodes (plus live shows) to all be amazing. I just thought 'it beats doing the chores in silence' was a funny kind of endorsement.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Old Swerdlow posted:

Gil Ozeri as Bane has been my favorite one note character in a long time.

I also liked Gil's appearance as Joe Pinions from January 2017, the guy who brought his own soundboard of drops to respond to his "harsh" opinions like "Pizza should be called Pizzo, because it's round" (And the drops were also recordings of himself.)

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Heheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, heheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Franchescanado posted:

Yes, and then he'll forget he's holding the phone doing his character when he tries to speak as Horatio.

"When in doubt, choke 'em out."

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

feedmyleg posted:

If my sporadic listening is any indication... not a lot. I think I may have finally given up on CBB. I still have the Daly/Baltz episode sitting around half listened to because it just was doing nothing for me. I'm not sure if I'm fatigued or the show is just tired.

But yeah, guest-wise I'd throw Will Hines in there who just lets his characters go off the rails immediately by yes-anding hard and fast.

I think it's mostly fatigue. After 600 episodes and 5 seasons of a tv show things are bound to feel normal. For me, there's also way more good podcasts these days to compete with. I can listen a few of my CBB backlog episodes, but I also have a bunch of Doughboys, Hollywood handbook, high and mighty, spont, etc., that cover the same kind of comedy and take up just as much time.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
One thing that I've gotten really tired of of which I've gotten really tired is the opening routine of catchphrase, guest teaser, pointless vamping about what time of the year it is, etc. I still like everything else (well, the interviews aren't always great), but it just takes so long to get to the good stuff. And to think I used to wish CBB episodes were longer

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I'm growing bored with all of Scott's comic tics... the clueless talk show host shtick, the extreme pedantry, pouncing on any and every slip of the tongue, "and I'll introduce you in just a minute...", forcing other characters into physical abnormalities/weird sex situations/complicated backstory. I still listen every week but it's gotten rather unsatisfying unless a guest really brings it.

Going through a similar thing with NNF. Maybe it's finally time for me to see if I can get into HH.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

It's always funny when a guest comes in and absolutely refuses to give a poo poo about what Scott is trying to do. Gemberling comes to mind quite a bit, but there are others.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Bring back Would Your Rather

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

JethroMcB posted:

They established early on that you can say that to Mantzoukas if you see him in person, but you immediately thereafter have to leave him alone. People apparently abide by that rule, and he seems to enjoy it.

I can't think of any specific episodes from the last two and a half years off the top of my head; Outside of the usual gang of idiots ('Zouks, PFT, Daly, Horatio,) I'd recommend any episode where you see Carl Tart or Mary Holland's name in the guest list, because they both approach the show with ridiculous intensity. Carl refuses to be stymied by anything another performer throws at him, and Mary has perfected the art of eliciting a laugh just in introducing her characters. Any appearance by the Bajillion Dollar Propertie$ cast is also a likely hit.

Finished listening to the two latest episodes with Mary Holland, really enjoyed both of them!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FitFortDanga posted:

I'm growing bored with all of Scott's comic tics... the clueless talk show host shtick, the extreme pedantry, pouncing on any and every slip of the tongue, "and I'll introduce you in just a minute...", forcing other characters into physical abnormalities/weird sex situations/complicated backstory. I still listen every week but it's gotten rather unsatisfying unless a guest really brings it.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I still like Scoot Awkwardman, I just tend to prefer him as a guest on other shows or on Threedom. Every year he would change bits and evolve and keep things fresh, but he's been doing the same schtick for the last two years and it's wearing on me.

I really shouldn't complain. Two years ago I was worried the show was going to be cancelled, so any CBB is good CBB.

I could never listen to NNF, though. I have a very short list of comedians I can't stand, but I can't stand Jimmy Pardo. Like Brody Stevens, if he's on an episode, there's a 90% chance I'm turning it off.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Yes, Threedom is great! As are the "U Talkin" shows. It's just his CBB persona (and to some extent, the CBB format) that's getting stale for me.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I've only listened to 10 episodes of Threedom so far, and I love it and how there's no real format beyond bullshitting for most of it, but given the number of times they've already asked each other "did I/we talk about this already?' I can't help wondering if it has legs.

I still think if/when Scott gets tired of doing the same thing with CBB week in and week out he should just start doing irregular episodes when he feels like it and has guests he wants to play with. If the format gets stripped down in the process, or the show gets renamed, that's fine too.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 6, 2018

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Despite their best efforts they do end up repeating things a fair amount in Threedom, but I still find it to be entertaining and I hope they do another season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

The thing with Scott’s intro stuff is that he used to cycle through stuff every few months but I guess after 600 episodes you’re gonna eventually settle into some habits.

I’m on a long break after not missing any episodes for 50-~450 but whenever I do check in it’s pretty reliably entertaining. I think it was in its prime a couple years ago and I miss a lot of the old frequent guests, but I’m also old and irrelevant.