Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

But if he hadn't died, then we never would have gotten the scene of Jubilee standing over his grave saying how much she wished she boned him before he died.

Aw! wait what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dawgstar posted:

Aw! wait what

The grave also has misspelled his name

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ugh, I just started to get back into X-Men seeing as Uncanny X-Men 1 came out, and I didn't care for the last wave. And then they do a super mini series and I'm wondering if I should even continue. I keep on forgetting about the numerous tie-ins that always kill my interest.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The UXM miniseries is turning into a monthly at #11 while the Age of X-Man minis are happening on the side.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Truth
https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1065290574692081670

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Yeah.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So then what's Rockslide's?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IUG posted:

So then what's Rockslide's?

He did that pervy thing to the blue girl.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I guess Anole is untainted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
His one arm is bigger because he is a chronic masterbater.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Rhyno posted:

His one arm is bigger because he is a chronic masterbater.

The one thing worse than "he got it chopped off in a hell dimension and it grew back corrupted by evil."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Just finished Uncanny 2, I like it better than the first one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Just double checking but (last page of Uncanny 2 spoilers)this is the first time Legion has been in anything since the end of X-Men Legacy, right?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Spoilers regarding the character Skwirl is asking about : He had a brief solo series, maybe a limited, earlier this year. Didn't read it but I believe it was Pete Milligan so potentially good?

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 22, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Archyduchess posted:

He had a brief solo series, maybe a limited, earlier this year. Didn't read it but I believe it was Pete Milligan so potentially good?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that (which is, not ironic, but something close to it).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I thought the Legion mini was Si Spurrier, did Spurrier write the X-Men Legacy stuff?

also Weapon X is still good

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

I thought the Legion mini was Si Spurrier, did Spurrier write the X-Men Legacy stuff?

also Weapon X is still good

Spurrier wrote Legacy, I don't know about the mini.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Spurrier wrote Legacy, I don't know about the mini.

Looking it up, it was Peter Milligan like Archyduchess said.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

Looking it up, it was Peter Milligan like Archyduchess said.

I might look it up, Milligan is hit or miss, but I usually like his X-Men stuff (I really don't like his Hellblazer, but I bet if he wasn't the last author on it I would view it more favorably and I don't think he knew he was going to be last when he took the job).

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I felt like Uncanny #2 was the exact same brand of nonsense nothing that the first issue was.

Game time! Take a shot every time that a telepath loudly proclaims that they can't read Madrox's mind because he's so confused!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I felt like Uncanny #2 was the exact same brand of nonsense nothing that the first issue was.

Game time! Take a shot every time that a telepath loudly proclaims that they can't read Madrox's mind because he's so confused!

I just liked the banter between Jean and Bobby, plus Laura fighting dinosaurs. It's still not as good as say, X-Men: Red, but it's an improvement on the previous issue.

Hopefully they'll bring in Honeybadger at some point.

It is funny that psychics have exactly 2 speeds, completely useless or able to fix everything in an eyeblink.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

BrianWilly posted:

Several drinks in. will do this now. don't probate me.

edit 1: page 1, "Jamie Madrox and an army of his duplicates attacked the scene with various new powers" I'll take it.

edit 2: page 7, if I'm being VERY generous, I'd take 2. I'm being ok generous so 1.

edit 3: page 8, panel 1: no shot but very cute

edit 4: page 8, panel 1: wait, i finished reading the panel. shot 3.

edit 5: no shot, but i like jean and bobby's relationship in this comic a lot

edit 6: rockslide + juice box = a++

edit 7: field of maddroxs (maddroxi?) is cool as hell

edit 8: i dont know what page, but the next one, taking a shot (number 4)

edit 9: same page, number 5

edit 10: two pages later, number 6

edit 11: jesus christ - top x-men: 1: gabby, 2: x-23, 3: iceman

edit 12: see edit 5

edit 13: add rockslide to above list

edit 14: good ending. 8/10. best x-men i've read in a long time outside of red and laura wolverine

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 22, 2018

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I might look it up, Milligan is hit or miss, but I usually like his X-Men stuff (I really don't like his Hellblazer, but I bet if he wasn't the last author on it I would view it more favorably and I don't think he knew he was going to be last when he took the job).

It was good, slightly different take on his mindscape since he has a celebrity psychologist trying to help him. That ending though... woof. (It's good, I just don't want to spoil it.)

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

I'm one of those humorless fans who's been reading since '85 and thinks it was all downhill after Claremont left. I eventually fully threw in the towel sometime in the middle of Chuck Austen's execrable tenure and haven't read x-books since. Everything I read about the time-displaced younger team, the inhumans, Cyclops being "actually bad," etc. makes me want to vomit. But on this thread's recommendation I read all of "All-New Wolverine" over Thanksgiving via the app and it was WONDERFUL. There's so much warmth, humor, fun, and self-awareness without turning it into a joke book and still leaving room for serious character development and growth. I guess I'm moving on to "Red." Anyway, that was great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cyclops' big evil was neutralizing a deadly terrigen cloud.

Also it wasn't even him but Emma and the Cuckoos doing a massive worldwide mind trick.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Transistor Rhythm posted:

I'm one of those humorless fans who's been reading since '85 and thinks it was all downhill after Claremont left. I eventually fully threw in the towel sometime in the middle of Chuck Austen's execrable tenure and haven't read x-books since. Everything I read about the time-displaced younger team, the inhumans, Cyclops being "actually bad," etc. makes me want to vomit. But on this thread's recommendation I read all of "All-New Wolverine" over Thanksgiving via the app and it was WONDERFUL. There's so much warmth, humor, fun, and self-awareness without turning it into a joke book and still leaving room for serious character development and growth. I guess I'm moving on to "Red." Anyway, that was great.

It's X-adjacent, but Domino is also good.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Dawgstar posted:

It's X-adjacent, but Domino is also good.

Thanks!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

So are they getting rid of the darn time displaced X-kids yet in this relaunchboot? That's my Moby Dick right there, I only need one Jean and Scott and whatnot, except for special weird occassions, let's get rid of the kids. Are we getting rid of the kids?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

So are they getting rid of the darn time displaced X-kids yet in this relaunchboot? That's my Moby Dick right there, I only need one Jean and Scott and whatnot, except for special weird occassions, let's get rid of the kids. Are we getting rid of the kids?

well it's interesting you use the Moby Dick comparison because the point of Extermination is that Ahab wants them dead too

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

Heavy Metal posted:

I won't even consider coming back to mainline X-books until that poo poo is gone. I still can't believe that this was done. It's like something out of really uncreative fanfic published for free online.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eh, it made some sense.

Adult Beast and Angel are ruined characters. Adult Jean was dead. You didn't need another Iceman or Cyclops but it was a package deal.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Heavy Metal posted:

It seems as if they'll be gone, yes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

They aren't in the new Uncanny, even if somehow one or two of them stuck around after Extermination. And they aren't in X-Men: Red (but that book is ending because we can't have nice things).

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Skwirl posted:

They aren't in the new Uncanny, even if somehow one or two of them stuck around after Extermination. And they aren't in X-Men: Red (but that book is ending because we can't have nice things).

It's ending? It just started. How are readers supposed to actually keep up with characters they like? Couldn't Extermination have just been a few-issue plot during an existing title that got rid of the original five and moved things forward. Someone at Marvel should just count up however many mutants there are with actual fanbases, divide them evenly into however many teams they'd like, make that many books per month and leave it at that.

I'm baffled by how they choose to do things but recognize that since I'm not actually paying for physical copies as they're released I don't deserve a say in the matter. However I did really like the variant cover from Uncanny #1 by Cliff Chiang so I picked that up.

davebo fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 27, 2018

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

davebo posted:

It's ending? It just started. How are readers supposed to actually keep up with characters they like?
Do we yet know what's happening after Uncanny stops being weekly? I don't pay attention to the "6 months out, etc" poo poo.
I'm just hoping that Red comes back in a mostly-identical form when they relaunch the X-line for the 100th time. It's probably my favourite cast of main characters in an X-Book since the Academy X days. For real, if you gave me a book that was just the Academy X cast (the good ones, anyway. The ones who are alive and still show up occasionally.) plus Gambit and Gabby, that would probably be perfect.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Diet Poison posted:

Do we yet know what's happening after Uncanny stops being weekly? I don't pay attention to the "6 months out, etc" poo poo.
I'm just hoping that Red comes back in a mostly-identical form when they relaunch the X-line for the 100th time. It's probably my favourite cast of main characters in an X-Book since the Academy X days. For real, if you gave me a book that was just the Academy X cast (the good ones, anyway. The ones who are alive and still show up occasionally.) plus Gambit and Gabby, that would probably be perfect.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Looks like Rosenberg gets UXM when it goes monthly.
https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/status/1063082661336567809

Also Cyclops is back.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I do find it weird that Extermination and X-Men: Disassembled are running simultaneously. Was Extermination supposed to be over by now?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Skwirl posted:

Also Cyclops is back.

Hey, that awesome team that Cyclops is fondly remembering in the background? Give me a book about that please.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

Adult Beast and Angel are ruined characters. Adult Jean was dead. You didn't need another Iceman or Cyclops but it was a package deal.

Is there even a way to rehabilitate Adult Beast at this point, outside of killing him permanently? S.W.O.R.D. was the best version of Beast, going back to him being the fun guy in the group. So it's a bummer how other writers turned him into a self-righteous prick who did terrible things and how it just kept escalating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

amigolupus posted:

Is there even a way to rehabilitate Adult Beast at this point, outside of killing him permanently? S.W.O.R.D. was the best version of Beast, going back to him being the fun guy in the group. So it's a bummer how other writers turned him into a self-righteous prick who did terrible things and how it just kept escalating.

If he's the reason Scott returns, then all is forgiven.