Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Finally found the time to finish up some models over Thanksgiving break.

Librarian Dreadnought:

Death Company with the chainsword bayonet conversion:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Those loving rule!!!! Dread and jump dudes.

Did you pin the bayonets on? How sturdy are they?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Thank you! They aren't pinned, but are pretty sturdy nonetheless. I chopped the chainsword at the exhaust thing and cut out a chunk of the gun grip for a seamless fit, so there's a lot of contact there. My insta has some step-by-step pics that might give a better idea.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
I had heard some heard some great things about the new Kill Team ruleset, so I decided I wouldn't mind getting back into miniatures. I picked up a couple of different boxes from the a local GW, I've got one team painted up so far after having not painted in quite some time.

I'm almost finished painting a Necron team, with a Harlequin Troupe box sitting on my table as well. My goal is to get a few different teams painted so I can essentially present it to friends as a board-game and not as a soul-sucking time and financial investment.

What would you all recommend as a good complimentary team(s) for my next purchase?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

How did you get this green?

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Schadenboner posted:

Pure radium

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sabin A. Von Sochocky is alive and posting on SA?

:monocle:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

Actually it's a transfer. The original color was more of a hunter green but I sanded it to weather it a bit and I guess there's a white/yellow underlayer which is sort of showing through.

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Schadenboner posted:

Sabin A. Von Sochocky is alive and posting on SA?

:monocle:

Nope, forbidden paints are back in the U S of A! Doing some deathguard with fiesta ware power armor right now

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ravenous Flect, two-thousandth-six-hundredth-and-eighty-ninth executioner of the Flying Gore Eversor Temple, hung motionless aloft suspensor fields as hell itself raged mere centimeters away. The ablative shielding of the drop pod was all that protected him from the raging inferno of the atmosphere outside, the dense clouds of the planet Vigilus fighting the insertion of his pod like a raging daemon. For an indeterminate period of time the assassin had been placed into a deep fugue, cryo-chems coursing through his body and rendering him in stasis for an indeterminate period of time. Ravenous had been unaware of the passage of time since his last insertion. He never had been, nor ever would be. For an Eversor only knows slaughter; only war.

Information began to flow into Ravenous's consciousness. Environment. Threats. Heresies and abominations that justified extermination. Details that other assassins might have cherished, such as location (Megaborealis) or the name of the target that was destined to be purged (Cult of the Pauper Prince), were not even provided. They were superfluous data, as useful to an Eversor as the writing on a piece of script is relevant to a raging inferno. What mattered was what Ravenous was tasked to kill. Heretics corrupted by the influences of the alien. Mutant hybrids that had been born merging the perfect flesh of man with the monstrous from of the alien. Leader castes characterized by unusual cranial geometry. And of highest priority were any xenos themselves, unconfirmed but characterized by features found elsewhere. Each target was accompanied by a list of threats, hazards, and potential avenues of defeat. Each piece of data was seared into the assassin's consciousness by a volatile cocktail of stimulants and chems. In a normal man these chems would be instantly fatal. In an Eversor they made him a weapon of pure rage.

Fully awake, Ravenous felt all of his senses expand to levels far beyond the realms of unaugmented humans. His nose detected the sickly-sweet aroma of the sacred unguents lubricating the mechanisms that guided him to his target. His skin felt the subtle variations of pressure in the suspensor fields holding him still. His mouth reported a bitter, metallic taste that was a side effect of the chemicals coursing through his body; should things taste sour he knew the chemicals were imbalanced to such an extent that the consequences would be incendiary. His ears heard the auto-hymnal reciting the Rite of Extermination, filling his mind with a drive to slaughter those before him. And his eyes saw a counter that counted down at an agonizingly slow rate. As with every awakening, Ravenous once again wondered if the dilation of time was an unintended side effect of his treatment or just another means of making him even angrier.

The timer hit 0 and the world exploded.

The pod reached its destination and exploded through the roof of a subterranean cathedral. Rafters caked with dust crashed down on the congregation, their bodies crushed before being incinerated with the holy fire of the pod's arresting thrusters. The thrusters were fueled by promethium specially blessed and prepared to turn the surroundings into a funeral pyre for the Emperor's enemies. Explosive bolts split the pod apart while the suspensors violently ejected Ravenous in the direction of the highest priority threat, in this case a xenos identified as a Patriarch. The Eversor shifted his Executioner pistol in the direction of the Patriarch and began firing, his fingers sending a wave of explosive bolts followed by several hypotoxin-laced needle rounds. In spite of his heightened chemical state Ravenous was surprised to see another threat, identified as a Primus, leap in front of the projectiles with reflexes that rivaled his own. His surprise was mollified by the time the Primus was ripped apart in slow motion; each bolt embedding itself in the heretic's flesh for several satisfying moments before detonating from within. The needle rounds passed through the openings of the bolt weapon and embedded themselves in the Patriarch. The violently toxic chemicals began their holy work, purging the flesh of the xenos. Ravenous sailed past the Patriarch while lashing out with his power sword, resulting in a clean cut that severed an entire arm but not the head he was aiming for.

The chamber erupted into bedlam as Ravenous rebounded off the heretical statue behind the Patriarch and launched himself back at his target. Those cultists who had survived his arrival swarmed to protect their inner circle, surrounding the Magus and wounded Patriarch with their own bodies. Their attempts were in vain, their unarmored forms falling as hypotoxin rounds and bolter shells respectively melted or detonated heretic skulls. Several more evaporated into a cloud of vaporized organic material as they mindlessly fell upon the melta bomb that Ravenous left at their feet. His pistol empty, the Eversor chose to holster the weapon and fight in melee rather than waste the time in reloading. He descended into the crowd, neuro-gauntlet and power sword shredding all who came before him. The cathedral became a charnal house as the assassin ruthlessly converted the supply of cultists into a mass of corpses.

He saw his opening and surged forward, every one of his senses focused on the wounded Patriarch who was still reeling from the toxin and severed limb. His movements needed to be perfect, every dodge and sidestep flawless if he was to work his way towards the primary threat. His focus was such that he failed to identify the shape of something terrible rise from the shadows behind him. It was huge, far bigger than a Purestrain specimen, and it was unharmed. Claws reached out with a speed that was far beyond what one would expect from something so massive and grabbed the Eversor by the head. Talons crushed the skull-formed helmet Ravenous was wearing, disrupting the delicate balance of chemicals coursing through the assassin's body.

As the second Patriarch ripped the Eversor's head from his body, Ravenous tasted only blood.

Mandatory reading

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ravenous Flect, two-thousandth-six-hundredth-and-eighty-ninth executioner of the Flying Gore Eversor Temple, hung motionless aloft suspensor fields as hell itself raged mere centimeters away. The ablative shielding of the drop pod was all that protected him from the raging inferno of the atmosphere outside, the dense clouds of the planet Vigilus fighting the insertion of his pod like a raging daemon. For an indeterminate period of time the assassin had been placed into a deep fugue, cryo-chems coursing through his body and rendering him in stasis for an indeterminate period of time. Ravenous had been unaware of the passage of time since his last insertion. He never had been, nor ever would be. For an Eversor only knows slaughter; only war.

Information began to flow into Ravenous's consciousness. Environment. Threats. Heresies and abominations that justified extermination. Details that other assassins might have cherished, such as location (Megaborealis) or the name of the target that was destined to be purged (Cult of the Pauper Prince), were not even provided. They were superfluous data, as useful to an Eversor as the writing on a piece of script is relevant to a raging inferno. What mattered was what Ravenous was tasked to kill. Heretics corrupted by the influences of the alien. Mutant hybrids that had been born merging the perfect flesh of man with the monstrous from of the alien. Leader castes characterized by unusual cranial geometry. And of highest priority were any xenos themselves, unconfirmed but characterized by features found elsewhere. Each target was accompanied by a list of threats, hazards, and potential avenues of defeat. Each piece of data was seared into the assassin's consciousness by a volatile cocktail of stimulants and chems. In a normal man these chems would be instantly fatal. In an Eversor they made him a weapon of pure rage.

Fully awake, Ravenous felt all of his senses expand to levels far beyond the realms of unaugmented humans. His nose detected the sickly-sweet aroma of the sacred unguents lubricating the mechanisms that guided him to his target. His skin felt the subtle variations of pressure in the suspensor fields holding him still. His mouth reported a bitter, metallic taste that was a side effect of the chemicals coursing through his body; should things taste sour he knew the chemicals were imbalanced to such an extent that the consequences would be incendiary. His ears heard the auto-hymnal reciting the Rite of Extermination, filling his mind with a drive to slaughter those before him. And his eyes saw a counter that counted down at an agonizingly slow rate. As with every awakening, Ravenous once again wondered if the dilation of time was an unintended side effect of his treatment or just another means of making him even angrier.

The timer hit 0 and the world exploded.

The pod reached its destination and exploded through the roof of a subterranean cathedral. Rafters caked with dust crashed down on the congregation, their bodies crushed before being incinerated with the holy fire of the pod's arresting thrusters. The thrusters were fueled by promethium specially blessed and prepared to turn the surroundings into a funeral pyre for the Emperor's enemies. Explosive bolts split the pod apart while the suspensors violently ejected Ravenous in the direction of the highest priority threat, in this case a xenos identified as a Patriarch. The Eversor shifted his Executioner pistol in the direction of the Patriarch and began firing, his fingers sending a wave of explosive bolts followed by several hypotoxin-laced needle rounds. In spite of his heightened chemical state Ravenous was surprised to see another threat, identified as a Primus, leap in front of the projectiles with reflexes that rivaled his own. His surprise was mollified by the time the Primus was ripped apart in slow motion; each bolt embedding itself in the heretic's flesh for several satisfying moments before detonating from within. The needle rounds passed through the openings of the bolt weapon and embedded themselves in the Patriarch. The violently toxic chemicals began their holy work, purging the flesh of the xenos. Ravenous sailed past the Patriarch while lashing out with his power sword, resulting in a clean cut that severed an entire arm but not the head he was aiming for.

The chamber erupted into bedlam as Ravenous rebounded off the heretical statue behind the Patriarch and launched himself back at his target. Those cultists who had survived his arrival swarmed to protect their inner circle, surrounding the Magus and wounded Patriarch with their own bodies. Their attempts were in vain, their unarmored forms falling as hypotoxin rounds and bolter shells respectively melted or detonated heretic skulls. Several more evaporated into a cloud of vaporized organic material as they mindlessly fell upon the melta bomb that Ravenous left at their feet. His pistol empty, the Eversor chose to holster the weapon and fight in melee rather than waste the time in reloading. He descended into the crowd, neuro-gauntlet and power sword shredding all who came before him. The cathedral became a charnal house as the assassin ruthlessly converted the supply of cultists into a mass of corpses.

He saw his opening and surged forward, every one of his senses focused on the wounded Patriarch who was still reeling from the toxin and severed limb. His movements needed to be perfect, every dodge and sidestep flawless if he was to work his way towards the primary threat. His focus was such that he failed to identify the shape of something terrible rise from the shadows behind him. It was huge, far bigger than a Purestrain specimen, and it was unharmed. Claws reached out with a speed that was far beyond what one would expect from something so massive and grabbed the Eversor by the head. Talons crushed the skull-formed helmet Ravenous was wearing, disrupting the delicate balance of chemicals coursing through the assassin's body.

As the second Patriarch ripped the Eversor's head from his body, Ravenous tasted only blood.

Fake news, Eversors blow up when they die.

Seriously thouugh, nice story

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Marvelous.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Mikey Purp posted:

Finally found the time to finish up some models over Thanksgiving break.

Librarian Dreadnought:

Death Company with the chainsword bayonet conversion:

:drat:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

OhDearGodNo posted:

Spent the long weekend working on terrain that I had been putting off for a long time.

Laying some pipe, here’s a few of them. I have a magnet at the end of each, so that I can stick them together without it constantly getting knocked out of alignment.

Also put together the terrain from KT. All are based because I want to clearly define what’s ruins. The base is a commercial tile (like the kind in schools) with Vallejo Ground Texture which is awesome stuff.

I think we all have that same mat.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Printed something normal sized

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Discount Genestealodian Guard "jetbike captain"

Cainer
May 8, 2008

goodness posted:

Printed something normal sized

drat that looks nice, are you making a whole army of Custodes?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cainer posted:

drat that looks nice, are you making a whole army of Custodes?

Thats Alpharus.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Thats Alpharus.

You sure?

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I also was at hamland today. I played the world's slowest, but fun, 2v1 game of 40k (my friends and I are bad), and bought a Reaver & Warhounds for Titanicus just to get into the raffle for a tour of the design studio. Then marvelled that someone managed to poo poo on the seat in the gents. Presumably he sat too far back and, as they say in snooker, hit it off the cushion into the balls.

In conclusion, a land of contrasts.

"Cancel the attack."

"But why my lord? Our forces are poised!"

"Cancel. The. Attack.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

raverrn posted:

You sure?

yeah thats def alpharius.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

queef anxiety posted:

yeah thats def alpharius.

But it's got a spear

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The Minotaurs are all Custodes and the Custodes are all Alpharius.

:aaaaa:

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

glitchkrieg posted:

But it's got a spear

is this a thread meme i don't know about

ChezWagon
Aug 20, 2002
Its hot until you realize Im having a seizure

Thanqol posted:

Discount Genestealodian Guard "jetbike captain"

This is a great kit bash. I really like the fluff of this army.

Is this a Tech priest mixed with genestealer bits?

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

queef anxiety posted:

is this a thread meme i don't know about

It was determined some time back that you can't be a custode without a spear, and that all models in 40k with spears are secretly (if not obviously) custodes, very simple taxonomy really.

For instance, that's clearly a traitor custode leading the black legion on vigilus.

eSportseXpert fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 27, 2018

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
One of the spy Custodes surely. He infiltrated the Black Lergion to do stuff for reasons.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I almost made him with a mop instead of the spear. Could be undercover as their janitor

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So Watch Masters are undersized Custodes?

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So Watch Masters are undersized Custodes?

Backwards actually; custodes are all primaris watch masters

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Today's Rumour Engine

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

I mean, it's definitely chaos something, and those look almost like candles on a podium?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Mef989 posted:

I mean, it's definitely chaos something, and those look almost like candles on a podium?

Consistent with emperor's children. Also GW has recently shown a new noise marine. And new Slannesh daemon models are coming out.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Maneck posted:

Consistent with emperor's children. Also GW has recently shown a new noise marine. And new Slannesh daemon models are coming out.

Would've though EC would have a Slaanesh logo rather than Chaos Undivided, I'm going to assume its either a chaos sorcerer for 40k or a Slaves to Darkness chaos something for AoS.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

richyp posted:

Would've though EC would have a Slaanesh logo rather than Chaos Undivided, I'm going to assume its either a chaos sorcerer for 40k or a Slaves to Darkness chaos something for AoS.

My first thought it that it was a book, so then I thought Chaos Librarian which yeah...is just a sorcerer.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Can a Custodes become corrupted? Or are they so attuned to the Emperor that it would be basically impossible? Friend of mine wanted to make a count-as daemon prince that would just be a fallen Custodes.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Fake James posted:

Can a Custodes become corrupted? Or are they so attuned to the Emperor that it would be basically impossible? Friend of mine wanted to make a count-as daemon prince that would just be a fallen Custodes.

If a Primarch can fall anyone can fall.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
I have never seen an Emperor’s Children marine with a book. I doubt any of them remember how to read.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I don't think I've ever heard of a fallen custodian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

MonsterEnvy posted:

Thats Alpharus.

I am Alpharius.