Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

DmC has basically no charisma, huh.

Don't worry, they wrote what they knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

:same:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I want Cthulu to stop taking Kingdom Hearts' timeslot.

Same here!

I'm getting that weird spite antsy-ness that's almost making me want to just play the game myself because I'm so into this LP.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I still like Cthulhu :shobon:

Yeah it's euro jank, but dammit, it's good euro jank. It's got missteps but I appreciate what it's doing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Gotta say Pat being a contrarian rear end in a top hat who takes glee in making people angry with his stupid arguments stopped being funny even long before he became the Racist Defender

Given that Matt put up (and then deleted) a tweet that was just "*sigh*" I feel like that's not just my take

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I've generally liked Pat as being kind of a self-aware stubborn idiot, but yeah, when it's just being contrarian and seeking amusement out of annoying others it's gotten a bit tiring.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Oxyclean posted:

I've generally liked Pat as being kind of a self-aware stubborn idiot, but yeah, when it's just being contrarian and seeking amusement out of annoying others it's gotten a bit tiring.

I'll admit I'm a lot like Pat right down to the "vitamins" and balding. Being a stubborn rear end is hard to curb.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
https://twitter.com/MrUrbanBuddha/status/1067160448095662080

Yeah I guess I can see Woolie marking out for live action lion king

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Oxyclean posted:

I lost all respect for Pat when he went on that tirade about the sick manga artist. That was legitimately disgusting and I can't even dismiss it as "oh he's just so CRAZY". That poo poo coming from a guy whos girlfriend is suffering from several chronic diseases and is constantly in and out of the hospital just shows he might not actually be all that self-aware.

A person talking poo poo about someone continuing to do their work while suffering from a degenerative spine condition? Hey Pat, go gently caress yourself.

edit: just realized it's the guy who wrote the anime that he's now raving about. Man, I used to like Pat.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I like the channel but I stopped listening to the podcast because all the guys have just enough grating flaws that listening to them for too long is exhausting.

Pat's gimmick of jerking himself silly over how contrarian he is is definitely the worst though. I enjoy how relaxed Matt/Woolz LPs are (as long as Matt doesn't get bored).

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I still prefer Pat over Liam defending everything the others don't like just so there'll be a debate. The poo poo he said to defend MN9 for example was loving gross. It's still tough to relisten to a lot of the podcasts he was on.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HoboTech posted:

I lost all respect for Pat when he went on that tirade about the sick manga artist. That was legitimately disgusting and I can't even dismiss it as "oh he's just so CRAZY". That poo poo coming from a guy whos girlfriend is suffering from several chronic diseases and is constantly in and out of the hospital just shows he might not actually be all that self-aware.

A person talking poo poo about someone continuing to do their work while suffering from a degenerative spine condition? Hey Pat, go gently caress yourself.

edit: just realized it's the guy who wrote the anime that he's now raving about. Man, I used to like Pat.

Togashi doesn't have a degenerative spine condition. No one knows exactly what his issue is, but apparently he hosed up his back because he used to draw on his belly a lot and is/was also a massive lazy slob. Not that I can blame him because mangakas work stupid schedules and as soon as I could afford being a massive lazy slob I'd be all in on that.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Dias posted:

Togashi doesn't have a degenerative spine condition. No one knows exactly what his issue is, but apparently he hosed up his back because he used to draw on his belly a lot and is/was also a massive lazy slob. Not that I can blame him because mangakas work stupid schedules and as soon as I could afford being a massive lazy slob I'd be all in on that.

Was it a different guy Pat was talking about then? Because I remember it being really weird and uncomfortable and Pat just making GBS threads all over the guy's work when it's clear the artist wasn't okay. It was pretty vitriolic.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

HoboTech posted:

Was it a different guy Pat was talking about then? Because I remember it being really weird and uncomfortable and Pat just making GBS threads all over the guy's work when it's clear the artist wasn't okay. It was pretty vitriolic.

it probably was togashi, the man might not have an actual spine disease but his back is still an agony pretzel by most accounts

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

not like pat needs to know what he's talking about to go on a 20 minute tirade about it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Oxxidation posted:

it probably was togashi, the man might not have an actual spine disease but his back is still an agony pretzel by most accounts

It was definitely Togashi because it was a HxH conversation, and yeah, he's pretty hosed regardless. It was Pat being Pat, but I felt it didn't quite cross the line too much because by all accounts Togashi hosed himself up and Pat is also someone that hosed himself up real bad.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Dias posted:

...but I felt it didn't quite cross the line too much because by all accounts Togashi hosed himself up...

See, the reason *I* didn't know the guy wasn't really sick was because my sole source of information before making the post was the podcast conversation, which revolved around Pat making GBS threads on the artwork of what he thought was a very sick man. It's almost like the actuality of the artist not being super-sick doesn't really matter.

He thought the guy was sick and still said what he said, and if that's "Pat just being Pat", then Pat's a genuinely lovely person.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
When Pat first laughed at the dying guy, he didn't know about the hoarder situation for context.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kay Kessler posted:

I still prefer Pat over Liam defending everything the others don't like just so there'll be a debate. The poo poo he said to defend MN9 for example was loving gross. It's still tough to relisten to a lot of the podcasts he was on.

I'm pretty sure that and some of the other arguments, like the one about that bad Resident Evil spinoff or whatever, were entirely sincere on his part.

Liam's neverending arguments about nothing were tedious and often dumb but I do miss him being around - it was nice to have someone around who was always up to play weird poo poo, as well as someone who actually followed the news and didn't fall into the trap Woolie falls into every week where he reads a headline but can't discuss anything because he didn't bother to read the story or learn anything else.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

quote:

On the podcast Pat said that he wanted a game early so he called game store A saying that game store B was already selling their copies of the game, when in reality they were not. Game store A's employee, not wanting to lose customers, sold the game early to Pat and at least 10 other guys. Pat then later calls Game store B saying that game store A is selling copies of the game early, convinced them to sell the game early and told people to go to these stores to get the game early.

I apparently missed something on the live show.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lmao what a con artist

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That's some Dan Ryckert poo poo right there.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Tae posted:

Isn't that a good way of getting a shop closed? Or at least heavily penalized?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Capn Beeb posted:

Isn't that a good way of getting a shop closed? Or at least heavily penalized?

Yeah it sure is, flagrantly breaking street date and especially it being advertised can get you marked off from being able to sell whoever's games in the future.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

most game stores don't even let it go through the register until the official release unless it gets okayed by a manager so an employee prob didn't get fired or anything for it but yeah getting caught or publicized like let's say a podcast loudly points it out that could be grounds for the publishers doing poo poo

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
So

quote:

When I was talking to Paige, one thing really stood out. "But Paige, all customers are just thieves looking to scam you every second! How could someone just trust a customer like that? It's absurd!" and she pointed out that apparently looking at the average customer as an evil crime gremlin is not actually the norm, even for working in retail.

retail really scarred Pat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/a0ral1/i_think_retail_may_have_damaged_my_brain/

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
so he's too dumb to trust people but wont vet them to see if they're a piece of poo poo?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Having done retail for awhile it definitely felt like some customers were really trying to get one over. It certainly wasn't everyone. But there was definitely types. (Basically anyone with multiple coupons.)

But never really felt the need to like "return" the attitude just because I did the time. It's supposed to be the other way; you're not supposed to be a dick because you knew it sucked.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Pat has the broke brains

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
How was that more easily solved than "racism isn't a personality quirk"?

Ah well I'm actually enjoying my first ride through Kingdom Hearts with Wooly and Matt. I've had zero exposure outside random mentions about keyblades.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Only twice in my five year retail career did I have to deal with completely unreasonable customers.

Surprise of surprises, it was actually management (and corporate) that were constantly screwing people over.

Anyway it's loving idiotic to believe that since you worked in retail and were treated like garbage that you should be an entitled poo poo to people who have no power to change things and are just trying to get through the day.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How was that more easily solved than "racism isn't a personality quirk"?

Hey man, "Actually you should tolerate everyone's ~opinions~, even nazis white supremacists 'nationalists', otherwise you're just some overreacting divider/troll!" is the hot ticket nowadays.

0 rows returned posted:

Anyway it's loving idiotic to believe that since you worked in retail and were treated like garbage that you should be an entitled poo poo to people who have no power to change things and are just trying to get through the day.

Yeah, it's complete FYGM garbage.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

0 rows returned posted:

Only twice in my five year retail career did I have to deal with completely unreasonable customers.

Surprise of surprises, it was actually management (and corporate) that were constantly screwing people over.

I worked a big box retail/grocery store chain and let me tell you the people who go to those stores are looking for a reason to get mad at you over poo poo you can't even a little bit control.

That being said, yeah, corporate screws more people than customers ever could. Capitalism is "great" like that.

e: As always, it comes down to where you live/work and what kind of people your store caters to. My store had a lot of way older people so dealing with the entitlement of those customers was always a pain in the rear end.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 27, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Having to take care of a bottle return room made me hate people because is feels like most customers a) don't know how to use a trash can and just throw their garbage on the ground or leave it in a cart and b) think they know more about how to fix the machines than you do. They also end up breaking the doors on the machines every few months because they can't stop themselves from ramming their carts into the machines.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 27, 2018

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Spending a year working at Gamestop was the most absolute miserable experience of my life. There wasn't a day that passed by that some know-it-all customer didn't come in thinking they knew everything and acting like I was an idiot that had no clue what I was talking about.

That job gave me infinite amounts of respect for retail workers and the poo poo they have to put up with on a daily basis.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I knew Pat's opinions weren't valid as soon as he said he didn't like Dr. Pepper.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Small ginger orb just starts melting down for no apparent reason.

Ahhh~ Pat's gonna shoot someone for the lols someday.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

RareAcumen posted:

Ahhh~ Pat's gonna shoot someone for the lols someday.

This probably won't happen, he's not allowed to own a gun under Canadian law and god knows he's too lazy and too scared of the outside world to go out and find an illegal vendor.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He's going to hack someone to pieces with the wide assortment of bladed weapons they have been sent over the years in that case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

lets hang out posted:

not like pat needs to know what he's talking about to go on a 20 minute tirade about it

Everyone please watch the JoJo Eyes of Heaven LP. It's a full LP of Pat fronting out knowledge on stuff he doesn't know. Like, it becomes incredibly clear incredibly quickly that Pat's JJBA knowledge is "he's read some wiki pages".