Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I feel like I've probably turned a corner on the difficulty in lttp now that I have the blue mail and tempered sword. I beat the level 5 boss by smashing the sword button on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A Link to the Past has a character named Link in it, anyone else find that weird?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It doesn't even have time travel, the only "linking" to the past going on in a bunch of people telling you about old poo poo!

The Zelda game for which the name "A Link to the Past" would be most fitting is Oracle of Ages

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jay Rust posted:

A Link to the Past has a character named Link in it, anyone else find that weird?

Where? I know of Zelda, Blind, Ganondorf, and of course the hero, MRBIGASS.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if i reach a certain tolerance threshold i am just going to post games-related yahoo answers questions

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

What hand does Zelda hold his sword in?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
The bottom hand

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dewgy posted:

MRBIGASS

doesn't even fit in the name entry

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm actually already in the village of outcasts, you can just hookshot over the water. Didn't know there was a warp spot even

i kind of figure that it's so you can get the tempered sword as soon as you clear the first dungeon in the dark world, if that's your pleasure

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Chris

"THE MOTHERFUCK"

Houlihan

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

doesn't even fit in the name entry

Call me BIGASS, my father’s MRBIGASS

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Call me BIGASS, my father’s MRBIGASS

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/playstation-classic-multi-disc-games-memory-card-framerate-details-revealed

Sony really hosed this thing up, huh?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I like to call it:

code:

<a href="The past">Zelda</a>

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

I like to call it:

code:

<a href="The past">Zelda</a>

Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It’s going to sell like hot cakes anyway

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

gently caress yeah can't wait to play the pal version of rainbow six

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Sterling got Darksiders 3 early. Says the game it most resembles is lords of the fallen

Savage

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Oh I just realized that Bethesda is going to keep Gamebryo for Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield because they're going to roll out paid mods with ES6, and a new engine would massively cut into that revenue stream.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol using 50hz versions of fighting games...next level genius move

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

cheetah7071 posted:

It doesn't even have time travel, the only "linking" to the past going on in a bunch of people telling you about old poo poo!

The Zelda game for which the name "A Link to the Past" would be most fitting is Oracle of Ages

I think it's because the events that take place in LttP have direct connections to a historical event in that world's past (the war that sealed off the Sacred Realm). At least that's how I interpreted it as a kid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the JP title is apparently just Triforce of the Gods so the Link to the Past was a pun someone was sitting on that they used too early before Oracle of Ages was even a concept pitch.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ocarina of time should've been called a link to the past since the seven sages sealing ganon away talked about in link to the past get established in ocarina of time

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Yo post some combo compilations. I'm in a mood to watch combo compilations today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRWLKT0RH0s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yo post some combo compilations. I'm in a mood to watch combo compilations today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRWLKT0RH0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msa7tI7ngWQ

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American resets is my favorite japanese fg term

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the japanese title of link between worlds is sick, b cause it's just triforce of the gods 2

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

bones are bullshit, no wonder skeletons are always so mad

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

American resets is my favorite japanese fg term

there's something called roman cancels in guilty gear i think. as in, that is the official title of a concrete game mechanic. roman cancels.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's fun to play "fighting game mechanic or sex technique."

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It's fun to play "fighting game mechanic or sex technique."

The answer is always yes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm sad that the new Hitman games haven't done well. Last night I finally played through Paris once in the first one and I think maybe I "get" it now. Spending a long time just wandering around and not worrying about what happened was liberating once I got the feel for it and I ended up just stumbling into finding Helmut Kruger and using him to just wander wherever I wanted. I couldn't ever figure out how to separate the male target from his bodyguard so I ended up poisoning him at the bar. It was pretty cool! Hopefully I can work out how to do that so I can kill him other ways.

I can't decide now whether I want to just keep replaying the level to do everything in it (in addition to all the challenges there's like 20 different escalations in this level alone???) or go through the main story and do each level once first. It's absolutely insane how much stuff there is in this game, it's gonna take me forever before I'm even close ready to play 2.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm sad that the new Hitman games haven't done well. Last night I finally played through Paris once in the first one and I think maybe I "get" it now. Spending a long time just wandering around and not worrying about what happened was liberating once I got the feel for it and I ended up just stumbling into finding Helmut Kruger and using him to just wander wherever I wanted. I couldn't ever figure out how to separate the male target from his bodyguard so I ended up poisoning him at the bar. It was pretty cool! Hopefully I can work out how to do that so I can kill him other ways.

I can't decide now whether I want to just keep replaying the level to do everything in it (in addition to all the challenges there's like 20 different escalations in this level alone???) or go through the main story and do each level once first. It's absolutely insane how much stuff there is in this game, it's gonna take me forever before I'm even close ready to play 2.

Tip on finding opportunities to get your target alone: try just tailing him/her and see if you can figure out their whole route. With a few exceptions, most of the targets in that game will walk a loop through the level, so just following them around to get an idea of their routine does wonders for opening up new chances to huck a steak knife into their cranium.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Regy Rusty posted:

Hitman is an amazing series generally, but I didn't buy Hitman 2 because I'm poor and it's sixty bucks :(

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I think the praise in this thread has finally convinced me to get Hitman. Unfortunately it seems like I just missed a great opportunity to get it cheap :v I think I can wait until Christmas though, I have quite a sizable backlog.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

Hitman is an amazing series generally, but I didn't buy Hitman 2 because I'm poor and it's sixty bucks :(

Yeah and at this rate it's gonna be super cheap by the time I get to it

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
You are all the coolest goons. I apologize to that one mod with the cow avatar for our food fight

I’m reading PKD’s Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said. It’s such an odd title that I had to see what it’s all about. I’m trying to read more and this is like 200 pages. I’m trying to learn how to waste time less and spend it on more productive things. My plan is to bring the book with me everywhere today and read it in one day.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 27, 2018

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

So I can't figure out where to ask this question, really, but I suspect someone in here might be able to answer me. I just downloaded Warcraft 2 to play via dosbox and it all works wonderfully except my scroll speed is insanely fast - like if I hit the up arrow or mouse to the edge of the screen I just shoot up there and so I can't really control any units or scroll partially to see them. I wanna play Warcraft 2, does anyone know how I can fix this? Thank you in advance

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Cowcaster posted:

there's something called roman cancels in guilty gear i think. as in, that is the official title of a concrete game mechanic. roman cancels.

RC’s are dope. They allow you to extend the length of your combo. There’s also yellow Roman cancels which allow to slow down time which can be life saving if an enemy has oppressive offense allowing them to get caught in a counter attack. RC’s make GG so loving fun! One basic tactic is to run at the opponent full tilt which will build meter. Then cancel the dash outside of their range and make them try to catch you with an attack. Then do a back airdash to gain space and top it off with a yellow rc to make their recovery slower from the whiffed attack. Then you dash into their face and gently caress em up. Owns.

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 27, 2018

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i prefer greek interrupts myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

:hai:

• Locked thread