Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gortarius posted:

Gif of aaron tackling jesus off the horse which then cuts to aaron being crestfallen looking at jesus' corpse.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm loving these post-exist interviews from regulars just slamming the show :laffo:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
All they need is a three-day timejump and things will be back to normal.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

TTerrible posted:

I'm loving these post-exist interviews from regulars just slamming the show :laffo:

One of the best interviews was when Dayton Callie ended up on Talking Dead. He gave zero fucks and didn't attempt to catch any of the softball questions Hardwick lobbed to him.

'So what interested you the most about the role?'
'The paycheck.'

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh good, they killed another character without tapping his potential

Good thing we still have strong personalities like *checks notes* Enid and Henry

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

cochise posted:

They really over did it with the fog/smoke and the lightning with the zombie horde. Like a cheesy horror movie.

e: oh look in a graveyard :allears:

Cheesy as gently caress, but also the first time in a long time they've managed to conjure an actual sense of peril.

They could have just pushed Eugene over the wall and walked away from it all but still, not bad.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tortuga posted:

They could have just pushed Eugene over the wall and walked away from it all but still, not bad.

Yeah I can't believe that two people couldn't get Eugene up and over like a 6 foot wall. I just felt like the cemetery should have been much easier to escape.

Yeah I know the Whisperers are sort of corralling the zombies but going into the cemetary and then jumping out of it seemed like it would have been a good plan to put some distance between them and the horde.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hate that they only killed Jesus because it was the midseason finale so their checklist says someone needs to die

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Looking forward to The Walking Dead High School Drama arc.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

60% of this episode was ... good? OK it cribbed from every horror ever but the building tension and the herd chase was cool.
20% was "meh" - the Negan stuff was better than it has been but just ok
20% was absolutely awful.
How many conversations are we going to have like this:
"I'm surprised to see you after ........"
"Yes, but I'm here, even after I ....."
"Indeed ... the thing what you did"
"Yes the thing that I did that I did at some point which was bad"
"Yes thing you did was bad"

I mean come the gently caress on.
It's like an 80s sitcom level of talking around the point.

Also henry's friends, did they pull them from a highschool play? That was cringey acting dialled to 12.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

crazy cloud posted:

Episode was a good episode of amc's the walking dead and this was probably the best half season since a long time

I've never seen a more proof-of-fault than the fact when you moved Gimple where you moved him from improved and where you moved him to sank.

Still some hilarious poo poo like the noobs tracking Michonne of all people without her knowing.

Tenzarin posted:

So jesus is dead and the show didn't copy nation z at all.

Don't worry, he'll rise in three days

ED: I almost would laugh my rear end off if the show jumped off the rails and he was literal Jesus

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 26, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh just calling it now for the record:

The radio tower Eugene put up will get a stinger at the end of the season, when they get a radio call from Rick Grimes

I bonus call that somehow nobody will be there to hear it and it will go unresolved for a season as lovely setup for the TV movie

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'd rather morgan call in and say he's coming home as soon as he finishes rounding up everyone west of the mississippi to visit the fabled Ale><andria

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh yeah the extended preview shows Michonne with her past hair style so they’ll probably have a flashback to whatever the gently caress happened at some point in the 2nd half.

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Shneak posted:

It looked incredibly fake but owned. How did it take 9 seasons for an actual scary setting?

they should have killed a few at the entrance to clog it up. Would have been easy pickens.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I like how the ghoul gang makes their charge and within two seconds they are all dead because they ran straight into a blade.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gortarius posted:

I like how the ghoul gang makes their charge and within two seconds they are all dead because they ran straight into a blade.

and the horde was completely gone at that point

:thunk:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
how does Negan hear anything intelligible more than 4 feet away from that sealed window

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol I'm glad hilltop is basically a retirement home for people that like gardening

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
jesus christ are they a really just now introducing alarm clock noise makers

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Did they find a warehouse full of D cells

They should have used lanterns, it'd be way spookier

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also they should really pop Eugene's knee back in and let him howl if they are gonna flash lights at the horde anyways

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol maybe stop trusting father one-eye with locking things

didn't he leave the alexandria gate open one time

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This finale had a whole rear end Henry subplot. Why??

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lmao how the hell is everyone sneaking out of hilltop

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
RIP

https://i.imgur.com/jwLBtu8.gifv

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

:five:

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Yes.

This is canon in my mind now. That was a loving idiotic thing to do Aaron.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:vince:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

lmfao

you're doing god's work

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

The only reason to watch this show anymore is for the amazing gifs that always seem to come from it.

Also, this whole whisperers thing got me thinking, how do they poop? Do the zombies not notice one of them squatting and taking a dump? Do they just poo poo themselves? Then that just made me think that all zombies have probably poo poo themselves. They would almost certainly have to, right?

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Grinning Goblin posted:

The only reason to watch this show anymore is for the amazing gifs that always seem to come from it.

"Oof ouch my bones" is probably my favorite non-quote from this show.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Grinning Goblin posted:

Also, this whole whisperers thing got me thinking, how do they poop? Do the zombies not notice one of them squatting and taking a dump? Do they just poo poo themselves? Then that just made me think that all zombies have probably poo poo themselves. They would almost certainly have to, right?

The only time anyone on this show came even close to taking a poo poo was one of those claimer guys sitting on a toilet, and then Rick strangled him. Or stabbed him, I forget.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grinning Goblin posted:

Not to get too realistic but actual scout snipers poo poo themselves in their guile suits because it helps them blend in better not worse

Next time you are playing a badass sniper in a military game remember they have poo poo all over their pants

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Not to get too realistic but actual scout snipers poo poo themselves in their guile suits because it helps them blend in better not worse

Next time you are playing a badass sniper in a military game remember they have poo poo all over their pants

They don't poo poo in their pants (outside of very rare circumstances), they use bags which are disposed of because the odor of feces is obviously not good if you want to stay hidden, not to mention all other potential problems shat pants involve.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

uhh this is a weird fantasy you have

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Im actually...enjoying the show post time jump? Rick and Maggie were the problem for me I guess?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holywoodreporter just put out an interview with him. How he felt about his character is how I feel about the show. They have so much fun and cool poo poo in the comics to mine and use and they squander every single loving opportunity.
Man, I knew he would feel the same way I did about his character. What a waste, they really did him dirty.

The problem with the show is that there are no competent badasses anymore like how Rick/Carol/Daryl/Michonne/Jesus were when they were introduced. I guess the showrunners thought they were too powerful over the course of many seasons so they had to dumb everybody down or give them crippling flaws (like back-and-forth pacifist arcs).

I want to be able to watch this show and cheer on a character for being smart and strong in a situation, not sigh as they allow themselves to be swarmed and grabbed by low-level zombies.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Were the high school hilltoppers saying that Oceanside was still a thing?

Can't wait to have another plot of "we don't deal with outsiders" "okay maybe we will do it this one time" "we have been screwed over we don't deal with outsiders"

Watch them start farming dudes for their children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
One of them made a joke about becoming a fisherman. I gather they are a thing, aren't salty about strangers anymore, and probably supply fish to the other colonies.