Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jippa posted:

I was actually hoping to get some inside info for another comedy podcast to listen too. They are completely right though rogan/maron are straight up interview podcasts (although both have their moments like the latest rogan with tyson fury talking about his mental health) and none of the others sounded appealing at all.

I've said this in other threads though, it's so hard to describe UYD. When you try and explain what they do it sounds like the most boring thing ever.

it's why I'm so glad they don't advertise, even podcasts with solid high concepts sound incredibly bad when advertised, podcasts like Jordan Jesse Go and Stop Podcasting Yourself, which as far as i can tell are structured very similarly to UYD, sound absolutely insufferable when advertised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
There's nothing like uyd because every other podcast is plastered full of for hims and audible and squarespace ads

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

two american Americans

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Jippa posted:

I was actually hoping to get some inside info for another comedy podcast to listen too. They are completely right though rogan/maron are straight up interview podcasts (although both have their moments like the latest rogan with tyson fury talking about his mental health) and none of the others sounded appealing at all.

I've said this in other threads though, it's so hard to describe UYD. When you try and explain what they do it sounds like the most boring thing ever.

The only 2 podcasts I have ever found consistently good and funny are UYD and Cum Town. No guarantee you'll like the latter if you're into the former but I can say that at least to me it's the only other pod I give a poo poo about

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
It took me a long time of seeing this thread hovering the top of this subforum before giving them a chance but pretty much all their episodes I tried were good. Love the boys.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

nerve posted:

There's nothing like uyd because every other podcast is plastered full of for hims and audible and squarespace ads

Again to plug Cum Town with the greatest ad read transition of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hogEhVaPvnA

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Abalone Malone posted:

two american Americans

Downright Talking with Schneer and Latern

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

mcvey posted:

Downright Talking with Schneer and Latern

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJsUnxM6xvo

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

For me the only two podcasts I can listen to a lot are UYD and Back to the Island, both consistently funny

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
UYD takes a while to "get" which I think puts it at a disadvantage in a world where there are thousands of podcasts that fit the description of "2-4 white dudes talking into microphones about whatever they feel like". UYD is among the best of those but I feel like whenever I recommend it to someone they bounce off of it because the humor is an acquired taste or w/e

goferchan posted:

Again to plug Cum Town with the greatest ad read transition of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hogEhVaPvnA

MBMBAM is the only podcast where I still listen to the ads, but even then those ad reads were way better when they had a sex toy website sponsoring them for hundreds of episodes. The worst ad reads on a well-known podcast are Giant Bomb's, I can feel a little piece of Jeff's soul breaking off whenever he does one.

VVV A-loving-men

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 31, 2018

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

C-Euro posted:

The worst ad reads on a well-known podcast are Giant Bomb's, I can feel a little piece of Jeff's soul breaking off whenever he does one.

Bring back Mr. Small Business Man

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I think I first encountered UYD back in 2007 or so and I didn’t really get it.

To me it was just two guys shooting the poo poo and they occasionally repeat what the other said.

I think 08 I managed to “get it” and I’ve been a big fan ever since.

Currently in NOLA on vacation and I’ve been thinking about Jah and his dad as we go out and eat insane food.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Xemloth posted:

For me the only two podcasts I can listen to a lot are UYD and Back to the Island, both consistently funny

i cant believe i didnt know jeff has a podcast

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

nerve posted:

It's genuinely amazing too, it's a shame there's a limit to how many episodes there can be

nw
Aug 18, 2004

nerve posted:

Woah yeah never knew this existed either and I follow the dude on twitter

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Oh thank god. They’ve started posting the videos on unlisted YouTube playlists, so no more lovely Vimeo player.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

J: ... said Barclay, who performed under the name Master Terraflay Greydragon, died while being flown to the hospital
S: oh man
J: by a dragon

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
"I mean if I'm John Goodman, I can just quit the show and go do Coen Brothers movies until I die"

Harsh, but fair

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I'd recommend Stop Podcasting Yourself to people looking for similar shows. It's two Canadian guys, one a comedian, one an ex-comedian, and a guest (pretty much always a comedian), shooting the poo poo for a while and then playing selected listener-submitted "Overheards" (weird poo poo overheard in public). Similarly anecdotally-driven and similarly casually analytical of the collective subconscious, but they're Canadian which has a really subtle influence on one's sense of humor, it seems. Starting with the episodes Paul F. Tompkins guests on is how I got into it, and I'd recommend the same to anyone who wants to try it out.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Just got all the way through to ep 444 "not a common move to the game".

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Pretty far removed from the wildfires but I find myself hoping Jonathan's family is okay.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Seth's evil laugh when he is pretending to be a hunter "I hosed that bear up good".

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

is there still a mailing address to send stuff to the guys? I can't remember what the old one is or if it's still correct

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Jippa posted:

Seth's evil laugh when he is pretending to be a hunter "I hosed that bear up good".

What ep was it where they talked about a state that had a lottery for special permits for disabled hunters? Seth went off in a similar, hilarious way.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Kevin DuBrow posted:

What ep was it where they talked about a state that had a lottery for special permits for disabled hunters? Seth went off in a similar, hilarious way.

e-

- Sorry I've been going back through the entire uyd back catalogue in the last few months. It's just fresh in my mind although I have no idea about ep number.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 17, 2018

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

goferchan posted:

is there still a mailing address to send stuff to the guys? I can't remember what the old one is or if it's still correct

Seth is listed; there's only one Seth Romatelli in the White Pages in the entire US.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Seth is listed; there's only one Seth Romatelli in the White Pages in the entire US.

Yeah that's how I ended up finding it lol. My friend wanted to send Jah a shirt and didn't know where to send it, thank you!

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
Ayo, itz the. bRooKlyn boiZ! Gabagool

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
I got UhYeahDude.com for a dollar today. Anyone want to phish Jah?

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Pooky posted:

I got UhYeahDude.com for a dollar today. Anyone want to phish Jah?

Make it redirect to the Brooklyn Boys podcast

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Make it redirect to the Brooklyn Boys podcast

https://twitter.com/boyofdanny75/status/1054525498322235392

:thunk:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Seth is banned from doing his italian voice because he is actually half irish/half neanderthal.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Jippa posted:

Seth is banned from doing his italian voice because he is actually half irish/half neanderthal.

Saw these a few days ago and thought of him-
https://twitter.com/queenozymandias/status/1065805797509160961
https://twitter.com/queenozymandias/status/1065808226313097221

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Absolute podcasting unit
https://www.facebook.com/AmericasPodcast/photos/a.664183447023802/1788945004547635/?type=3&theater

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Does anyone know the episode where they talked about a line of tour buses in Tennessee or something that completely banned bachelorette parties because of how destructive they were? I remember that segment being freaking hilarious

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
Where can I find that "I'm with stupid bitch" shirt... I'm buying it as a gift.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Hit 398 on my relistening and was gonna post about how funny it was when they're talking about the elder family members on Intervention who don't understand at all what it means that their like grandson is addicted to heroin and before I do the next bit is Seth adopting that weird voice he thinks the kid of the guy who created Accuvue would talk in. Great episode, I remember this period after their WTF episode dropped being one of their peaks that everyone agrees on.

Eagerly awaiting the next episode they might have recorded after the Cowboys-Saints game.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I think you're close to the hollywood game night era, which is extremely good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Hace posted:

I think you're close to the hollywood game night era, which is extremely good

SIMON LEBON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usvMJbxo6t8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Heard "Girls on Film" in a store today and started thinking about this bit, probably a top 10 moment. 399 or maybe 400 has my favorite Ask Amy, the mom starring in a homemade movie with a kidnapping scene. Extremely good period of UYD.