Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Someone talk me into or out of buying broforce and rocket league for £9 each in the sale

Both own a lot. Do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rocquette Leeg for £9 :eyepop: ???
Get that shid

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does anyone have the Warframe guide posted a while back? I’m finally putting some time into it and it’s fun but right now I’m just dashing and slashing the hell out of everything.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

mdemone posted:

Hoping those third-party docks figure out how not to brick the console (seriously what is that all about?)
The crux of it is that there's no licensed third-party docks, and Nintendo only QAs software updates with licensed accessories.

The actual dock-bricking problems may well have been bugs in the Switch firmware when working with docks that behave slightly different than official, but since Nintendo doesn't license or test those docks they can't really be blamed for any bugs.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does anyone have the Warframe guide posted a while back? I’m finally putting some time into it and it’s fun but right now I’m just dashing and slashing the hell out of everything.

Also want this. Not sure what I should be doing. Just hit MR 2 and was trying to work towards Mars Junction but it says I need a mission on Mercury to open it.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Andrast posted:

Both own a lot. Do it.

I have an Xbox I could get rocket league on but it's £15, are the better graphics worth the extra money or is the game fine on the switch

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

The Switch is a Joycon charging station. :confused:
Yeah, and if you have the charging grip that’s enough for 4 joycons right there.

eonwe posted:

get another set of joycons. thats like, by far the most important thing if you have kids sharing a console.

also I'd suggest games that you can actually play at the same time.

Mario Odyssey is good (especially if one of them is particularly bad at games, they can be the hat). Mario Kart is good, it has auto acceleration.

also, give their parents this link: https://kotaku.com/new-nintendo-switch-update-lets-you-find-lost-controlle-1796254950

you can find lost joycons with it

also get a screen protector
Get the Super Mario Party joycon bundle to kill two birds with one stone and save a chunk of cash. Simple enough that the non gamer parents could get roped into it to play with the kids too.

Butterfly Valley posted:

I have an Xbox I could get rocket league on but it's £15, are the better graphics worth the extra money or is the game fine on the switch
I’d say the handheld tradeoff makes up for the graphics tradeoff.

japtor fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 27, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Portability > everything

(also the port is fine)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Butterfly Valley posted:

Both run phenomenally on the switch, both are fantastic games that bring an experience you can’t really get anywhere else.

Buy them both

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
They actually nailed a clean 60 fps on the switch, poo poo owns hard

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Butterfly Valley posted:

It looks better on Xbox of course but it looks pretty nice on Switch too both docked and undocked. Get it on Switch just for the option to play portably too.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Butterfly Valley posted:

Someone talk me into or out of buying broforce and rocket league for £9 each in the sale

they're good, so get them

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I honestly do not understand the appeal of broforce

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Dr Cheeto posted:

People bought into the marketing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's fun.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

The coop was really fun

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Broforce is a great time if you have four people. I have not played it with less, but it seems like playing it solo would be a lot less fun since the constant chaos is a big part of the appeal. So keep that in mind, I guess.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

All the best parts of Contra, Metal Slug and great 8 and 16 bit run-n-guns with modern design sensibilities, fantastic 4-player co-op, tons of replayability, 100% destructible terrain and a bunch of characters to keep things fresh?

I guess if that doesnt sound fun to you, then you might not like it

E: ^^ it is fun solo, but obviously playing with friends is a big part of the appeal. Solo Hard mode or Ironbro mode is fun after you beat the game once

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I found it difficult to introduce to people. As far as I can tell there’s no way to pull up a control scheme, and if you have the nerve to play solo for a while you’ll unlock a wide variety of bros each with an entirely different thing going on, which is really cool, but like when I take this poo poo over to my friend’s house it’s confusing and difficult to explain, and they haven’t had the benefit of just playing with the handful of starter bros.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pro Broforce (proforce) multiplayer tip: There is an option to reset the unlocks to solve exactly the problem you are talking about.

I reset the unlocks whenever I start a co-op game with people.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

I found it difficult to introduce to people. As far as I can tell there’s no way to pull up a control scheme, and if you have the nerve to play solo for a while you’ll unlock a wide variety of bros each with an entirely different thing going on, which is really cool, but like when I take this poo poo over to my friend’s house it’s confusing and difficult to explain, and they haven’t had the benefit of just playing with the handful of starter bros.

Move the characters with this, these buttons shoot stuff, this button jumps

Done

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, especially if you start a new game when you play co-op, the first few levels do a really good job of introducing the mechanics of navigating and shooting.

Advanced stuff (like high five to slow down time) you can just tell them about the first time you need to use it. Well, you never NEED to use high five slow mo, but its nice, especially if you're playing on hard mode.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm going to get the delux Starlink before the sale ends. Has there been any new dlc for the game?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Oh wait you're playing online with a pirated game, before it's released? Your console is gonna get banned dude. You'll deserve it

Takoluka posted:

I hope you review your Switch into a bricked paperweight.

lol

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Advanced stuff (like high five to slow down time)

Excuse me???

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Dr Cheeto posted:

Excuse me???

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Waffle! posted:

I'm going to get the delux Starlink before the sale ends. Has there been any new dlc for the game?

No and there won't be.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

empathe posted:

Also want this. Not sure what I should be doing. Just hit MR 2 and was trying to work towards Mars Junction but it says I need a mission on Mercury to open it.

Work through the star chart (you have to go to Venus then Mercury to get to Mars) for the most part. Keep building and trying out new weapons as you can to raise your MR, farm The Jackal on Venus for Rhino. Mostly the key thing is keep moving through the star chart. Also come ask questions in the Warframe thread if you need help, you'll probably get a faster response.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Outrun is out in Japan Thursday. Please tell me how to buy japan eshop credit asap. Tia

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bushisms.txt posted:

Outrun is out in Japan Thursday. Please tell me how to buy japan eshop credit asap. Tia

Is it another M2 port? I’m loving there if so.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Yes it's the next sega ages. Na version doesn't come until next year. Outrun is my most anticipated racing game in forever, I need it now.

They even put gyro controls in the game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

Excuse me???

Stand next to another player in co-op, press the knife/melee button at the same time as the other player (requires some IRL co-op), your bros will high five each other and you'll get bullet time for like 5 seconds or so. Its great for hard sections.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The Lost Child is down to 30 bucks for anyone looking to scratch a DRPG itch. It's SMT inspired with demon capturing but by shooting them with a laser gun. It's not bad, definitely not my favorite DRPG ever but you'll easily get 40-50 hours of enjoyment out of it. You too can form a party of interdimensional horrors to fight with deities and a guy who evolves from having a shirt to taking off his shirt to wearing armor.

It also has the guy from El shaddai in it which I didn't even think about for the longest time.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but wanted to give a heads up to people in my situation: I bought a Switch online for Black Friday, got all excited about the eShop deals, then realized you need to actually have your console and attach it to your Nintendo account in order to buy the digital games. My Switch won't come until around Friday, and the sale ends tomorrow morning.

However, just got informed that Amazon is price matching a ton of the digital versions of the Nintendo games on sale, so I was able to make out just fine. They were missing a few though (and I'm guessing others I didn't check for): I found Snipperclips at Walmart, but haven't been able to find Steamworld Heist, Gorogoa, or Thumper for their sale price.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Stanos posted:

The Lost Child is down to 30 bucks for anyone looking to scratch a DRPG itch. It's SMT inspired with demon capturing but by shooting them with a laser gun. It's not bad, definitely not my favorite DRPG ever but you'll easily get 40-50 hours of enjoyment out of it. You too can form a party of interdimensional horrors to fight with deities and a guy who evolves from having a shirt to taking off his shirt to wearing armor.

It also has the guy from El shaddai in it which I didn't even think about for the longest time.

It's a sequel to El Shaddai? :psyduck:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I wanted to share this bit of :wtf: I had last night. GF & I had no idea what happened:

https://twitter.com/1stLethalGeek/status/1067507127424434176

After the bomb-omb got me the lightning went off and knocked everyone else on their rear end, including the guy barely in frame who dropped a crazy 8 right on top of me. Lucky me got the star and didn't even know it for about 3s as everything was just AHHHH lol

PS: Mario Kart still awesome

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

That's beautiful.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Heath posted:

It's a sequel to El Shaddai? :psyduck:

Strangely enough, sort of? From the wiki, some company bought the IP to it and used the same characters in a DRPG. Enoch was dlc in the Japanese version but he's base here. There's also a chapter in the middle where lucifel takes you to Enoch and your characters kind of bro out on what it means to be chosen ones. It's kind of a bizarre use of the IP but whatever, the game is alright. But a gameplay sequel absolutely not.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Alright I'll be the one to ask: tf is a DRPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dungeon RPG. IIRC It's sort of what those old Wizardry-type first person dungeon crawlers became known as.