Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

The Locator posted:

On the one hand, yea that was a major pre-flight gently caress-up. On the flip side - flying with one hand while hanging onto the dude with the other hand and getting him down alive? Pretty amazing.

I don't know, taking the proper path seems like a giant escalation on his part. Would have been a way better idea to let go of him and just yaw the thing around and land somewhere at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Kibayasu posted:

You have an AED but not one-way valve respirators?

Seriously though good on you/wherever you work to have one.

They aren't apparently part of the package of breathing into your coworkers mouth.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Locator posted:

I'm not quite sure how that's related, but.. ok?

The pilot of the B-52 in that incident was well known for making stupid decisions and taking insane risks, but was repeatedly let off by people saying "yeah, it's bad, but he's such a good pilot that it always works out in the end" until the time that it didn't and he killed himself and all his crew.

You shouldn't really excuse someone for making a terrible life-threatening mistake just because they did their best to fix it later

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Bud Holland was a jackass.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Dannywilson posted:

Did not start this day thinking I'd be bringing a heart-attack coworker back from the grave with an AED and chest compressions, but here we are. He was super belligerent during the second half. Bitch I'm saving your loving bitch rear end, just lemme thump you no matter how it hurts you pain in the rear end, I didn't come to work today to see someone die in front of me you giant pain in the rear end.

You get a 'good job' and a thumbs up from me.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I just want a christmas card

We were doing compressions to this and Stayin Alive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5u9glfqDsc

spookykid fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Nov 27, 2018

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

You have an AED but not one-way valve respirators?

Seriously though good on you/wherever you work to have one.

I've never seen respirators as part of the AED kits mounted on walls at work. Just the AED.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Dannywilson posted:

I just want a christmas card

We were doing compressions to this and Stayin Alive:

Did you have a similar educational campaign over there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxhK_uHS0EE

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
https://i.imgur.com/7JTbAij.mp4

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

spog posted:

Did you have a similar educational campaign over there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxhK_uHS0EE

We had our version of the Office: https://youtu.be/ssIY8NYwvh4

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sagebrush posted:

You shouldn't really excuse someone for making a terrible life-threatening mistake just because they did their best to fix it later

Saying that the one bit was amazing isn't excusing the first bit, which I explicitly said was a major gently caress-up?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the text, it came from facebook. But it also took me a minute to see the real issue.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Sorry for the text, it came from facebook. But it also took me a minute to see the real issue.

Meh. That's just how you find ground water in some places.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

What is the real issue? I can see, like half a dozen issues...

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ymgve posted:

What is the real issue? I can see, like half a dozen issues...

I took the real issue to be the water cooled breaker box, but yeah there's a lot going on.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
I'm torn between 'wasp nest' and 'water main in junction box'

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

TheMaskedUgly posted:

I'm torn between 'wasp nest' and 'water main in junction box'

I'm voting for the water line. Who cares about some bees if that thing is running full of water?

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

RabbitWizard posted:

I'm voting for the water line. Who cares about some bees if that thing is running full of water?

The bees

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

RabbitWizard posted:

Old-school grounding stuff to the water line resulted in one of my projects having crews getting zapped by the water main out in the road

They went door-to-door to find the house that had a ground connected to the water service, which then energized the service and main after a short in the house

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

schmug posted:

Meh. That's just how you find ground water in some places.
gently caress

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

My previous workplace didn't have AEDs despite large, unhealthy computer people making up a good chunk of the people in the building. Whenever I brought up the fact that having AEDs would be a very good idea, I was told that "we're just down the street from a fire hall, so we don't need them."

When the company had a bunch of my coworkers and I go to a class to renew our first aid training, the trainer asked us where the AEDs were in the building. I repeated to him what the health and safety committee told me and he was all "what the gently caress, no, that's wrong"; I figured as much because even if there's a fire station 1km away, an AED provides people with much greater survival rates if implemented ASAP.

Health and Safety still didn't want to shell out the expense for it, so I tried to start a GoFundMe to buy AEDs for our building with the dual purpose of getting AEDs and shaming the management. This made the higher ups really mad and I had to take it down, lol.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZYkVTzS5E4

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Devor posted:

Old-school grounding stuff to the water line resulted in one of my projects having crews getting zapped by the water main out in the road

They went door-to-door to find the house that had a ground connected to the water service, which then energized the service and main after a short in the house
I'd hate to deal with that in any way :catstare:
Also a situation where I would yell bad words towards the person responsible.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Coxswain Balls posted:

My previous workplace didn't have AEDs despite large, unhealthy computer people making up a good chunk of the people in the building. Whenever I brought up the fact that having AEDs would be a very good idea, I was told that "we're just down the street from a fire hall, so we don't need them."

When the company had a bunch of my coworkers and I go to a class to renew our first aid training, the trainer asked us where the AEDs were in the building. I repeated to him what the health and safety committee told me and he was all "what the gently caress, no, that's wrong"; I figured as much because even if there's a fire station 1km away, an AED provides people with much greater survival rates if implemented ASAP.

Health and Safety still didn't want to shell out the expense for it, so I tried to start a GoFundMe to buy AEDs for our building with the dual purpose of getting AEDs and shaming the management. This made the higher ups really mad and I had to take it down, lol.

Did it work?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Coxswain Balls posted:

It’s ok guyzzzz we don’t need those pesky unions.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

El_Elegante posted:

Did it work?

Hell no.

evil_bunnY posted:

It’s ok guyzzzz we don’t need those pesky unions.

At one point someone sent out an anonymous email across the company about unionizing, and there were a bunch of reply-alls from bootlickers going on about how rude it was to our employers, and to please take us off of this email list. It wasn't surprising in the least to see that these people were typically outbound sales folks, who are the scummiest people who will gently caress over customers and co-workers alike to get that commission through some combination of deceit and incompetence.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1067426840472637440

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i'm the guilty as hell black box that comes into the video at the end

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Gender reveal parties/events are the dumbest poo poo.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Baronjutter posted:

Gender reveal parties/events are the dumbest whitest poo poo.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Baronjutter posted:

Gender reveal parties/events are the dumbest poo poo.

I would love, more than anything, to see the trans community appropriate these as hard as possible and turn them into a pride thing

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I would love, more than anything, to see the trans community appropriate these as hard as possible and turn them into a pride thing

Yeah I'm surprised they haven't become a thing for young adults

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
If only the reveal result was "genderfluid"... they could have put the fire right out!

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Chomp8645 posted:

If only the reveal result was "genderfluid"... they could have put the fire right out!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I was honestly shocked when I learned that wasn't what a gender reveal party was.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Coxswain Balls posted:

Hell no.

At one point someone sent out an anonymous email across the company about unionizing, and there were a bunch of reply-alls from bootlickers going on about how rude it was to our employers, and to please take us off of this email list. It wasn't surprising in the least to see that these people were typically outbound sales folks, who are the scummiest people who will gently caress over customers and co-workers alike to get that commission through some combination of deceit and incompetence.

Lol Muricans.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Carbon dioxide posted:

Lol Muricans.

Canada. Canadians will insist they're so much better, but they're usually wrong.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I was honestly shocked when I learned that wasn't what a gender reveal party was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

Lol Muricans.

Look how dumb you are.