Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Now that we know web-slinging around huge cities can work, we need a Ghost in the Shell Tachikoma game again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0UBycyZb6w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Olympic Mathlete posted:

What kind of Tetris have you been playing where up is spin??

:awesome:

I actually owned one of these in the 90s and I think it's still in a drawer somewhere

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

BisterdDave posted:

Are we sure he didn't film any cameos for movies that have yet to be released?

He did I think, I just mean the last cameo he appeared in chronologically while actually alive.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

It's going to be Kiwami 1 for PC, most likely

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1067493459668414464

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

He did I think, I just mean the last cameo he appeared in chronologically while actually alive.

What about like Infinity War and poo poo

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Infinity War came out before Spiderman PS4.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

What about Teen Titans Go! To The Movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUZm_CbZZG8

SpiderHyphenMan PS4 is probably the last of the products to be released while he was still alive.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah I forgot he was in the game haha, that’s my bad

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

univbee posted:

What about Teen Titans Go! To The Movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUZm_CbZZG8

SpiderHyphenMan PS4 is probably the last of the products to be released while he was still alive.

DC movies don't count!!!!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Samuringa posted:

nah its gonna be judge eyes early 2019 release date, yakuza 3-5 western collection release date, kenzan/ishin collection western release date (shadowdropped) and yakuza 0-2 trailer and shin yakuza 7 trailer.

dream with us, samurgina.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Actually it's Dead Souls PS4/PC remaster, you heard it here first

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

PantsBandit posted:

Ya know, it's kind of sweet that it's the last cameo Stan Lee appeared in while he was alive, considering Spider-Man was his favorite.

Stan Lee being a bystander in Marvel properties mirrors his role as a bystander in the comic art world.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

People are reading an awful lot into very little data here.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Stan Lee being a bystander in Marvel properties mirrors his role as a bystander in the comic art world.

I have confirmed data that this gentleman scripted many comics, and was in Mallrats. How dare you, sir.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

I have confirmed data that this gentleman scripted many comics, and was in Mallrats. How dare you, sir.

He's a bagman who profited off of the talents of others and then shut them out of recognition. So, a capitalist.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Akuma posted:

People are reading an awful lot into very little data here.

By...........assuming the announcement is that a game we know is coming out, is coming out?

Its ridiculously reasonable guesses.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

He's a bagman who profited off of the talents of others and then shut them out of recognition.

That's not the whole story, to be even-handed. I can agree in general people who worked for Marvel (or most publishers) didn't get a fair share, but that's not specific to Stan. And he did do quite a bit worthy of kudos. In any event, he's a memorable figure in pop culture as worthy of remembering as most others. He scripted a lot of comics, Erik Larsen was talking about how Stan Lee scripted the first Marvel comic he was on in the late 80s for example, Thor #385 in 1987. You can't really say the guy was just a "bagman", though that does sound kind of cool. They should make a new crime game called Bagman.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is Bagman and he was created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I've not really played much ps4 in the past 2 weeks and I'm kinda missing it, bout time i got back into monster hunter

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

That's not the whole story, to be even-handed. I can agree in general people who worked for Marvel (or most publishers) didn't get a fair share, but that's not specific to Stan. And he did do quite a bit worthy of kudos. In any event, he's a memorable figure in pop culture as worthy of remembering as most others. He scripted a lot of comics, Erik Larsen was talking about how Stan Lee scripted the first Marvel comic he was on in the late 80s for example, Thor #385 in 1987. You can't really say the guy was just a "bagman", though that does sound kind of cool. They should make a new crime game called Bagman.

Fair enough, and I know it's a hot take, but as a Kirby enthusiast since childhood I feel it's my duty to temper a bit of the deification Lee has received int he last decade.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Steve Shitko

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JBP posted:

Steve Shitko

Do not loving go there, seizure man. In another time I was known as BeatpoleWreckwood

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Vikar Jerome posted:

nah its gonna be judge eyes early 2019 release date, yakuza 3-5 western collection release date, kenzan/ishin collection western release date (shadowdropped) and yakuza 0-2 trailer and shin yakuza 7 trailer.

dream with us, samurgina.

Much as I would love any and all of that, but I reckon its the yakuza 3 western date announcement we're most likely to actually get, possibly also a Q4 judge eyes date. I will be disappointed when it turns out to be a western release for the mobile game or something.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 27, 2018

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

By...........assuming the announcement is that a game we know is coming out, is coming out?

Its ridiculously reasonable guesses.
There's nothing to suggest it's coming soon.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Announce Feudal Yakuza already.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

SiKboy posted:

Much as I would love any and all of that, but I reckon its the yakuza 3 western date announcement we're most likely to actually get, possibly also a Q4 judge eyes date. I will be disappointed when it turns out to be a western release for the mobile game or something.

I have a feeling 3/4/5 will be held off on until all three are finished so that unlike Japan we can get them as a single package like Metal Gear.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Well what do we have here....?

https://www.techtastic.nl/gaming/patent-wijst-op-komst-nieuwe-handheld-van-sony/

So will PSVR 2.0 controllers also be compatible with second screen devices?

quote:

The PlayStation Vita may not have been the success that Sony had hoped for, but PlayStation CEO John Kodera revealed earlier this year that the company has not completely abandoned handhelds. In an interview with Bloomberg, Kodera said that a link between a home console and a handheld is needed if Sony wants to succeed. The success of the Nintendo Switch will also not have escaped Sony and a new patent seems to suggest that something new is being worked on.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hope they do a proper remaster tho and have english name titles instead of kanji for the boss fights in 3-5 for consistency.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Well what do we have here....?

https://www.techtastic.nl/gaming/patent-wijst-op-komst-nieuwe-handheld-van-sony/

So will PSVR 2.0 controllers also be compatible with second screen devices?

they had one with weird looking cartridges recently too. gonna be hilarious when sony embrace carts for the PSV and we get meltdowns.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Akuma posted:

There's nothing to suggest it's coming soon.

:colbert:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I think Kojima wants a sequel to Alien Isolation as much as I do

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/alien-blackout-all-but-confirmed-for-a-game-awards-reveal-and-kojima-might-be-involved/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ya got me! Really though, a shadow drop is very... optimistic.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i will be all over the PSSwitch when it comes out, which it will not

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
PSwitch5

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Ah yes. Yakuza talk. I forgot to post this when I was playing Kiwami 1.

While I was playing my wife suddenly went “Oh! FOURshine! I get it.” at some random time I went into the cabaret club. I asked what that was about.

SUNshine.... FOURshine....

SAN is “three” in Japanese and if you say SUNshine with a Japanese accent it sounds like SANshine. :haw:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Doctor Zero posted:

Ah yes. Yakuza talk. I forgot to post this when I was playing Kiwami 1.

While I was playing my wife suddenly went “Oh! FOURshine! I get it.” at some random time I went into the cabaret club. I asked what that was about.

SUNshine.... FOURshine....

SAN is “three” in Japanese and if you say SUNshine with a Japanese accent it sounds like SANshine. :haw:

hence the y0 karoke song: "ich ni sunshineeeeee"

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

PSswitch means life

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Switchstation 5 VR2 will Move Vue Now

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vikar Jerome posted:

they had one with weird looking cartridges recently too. gonna be hilarious when sony embrace carts for the PSV and we get meltdowns.

idk if the physical medium even matters anymore. At this point the disc is basically just a hardware dongle saying you own the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

idk if the physical medium even matters anymore. At this point the disc is basically just a hardware dongle saying you own the game.

if sony takes away my discdongles i take away my dollas