Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The rookie WR Moore developing nicely (especially regarding his early season dropsies)

That touchdown catch was sick. Held off the coverage the perfect amount by giving a bit of pushback with his body as the ball hung in the air a bit,, then holds out one arm at the lest moment to get it in there and not give the defender any clue that it was coming. He did not look like a rookie on that play which you love to see, and he's got the speed and the size to be a good player.

Haven't watched the 49ers game but the Cardinals game was painful to watch and Josh Rosen looked like poo poo. I know he's got a lot of disadvantages being on that team but I want to see some better throwing from him, he made some seriously awful throws this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

sensible chuckle :)

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
This is so ridiculous and stupid/funny and now you have to see it too

https://twitter.com/CalvinBoolidge/status/1067147011802058755?s=19

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/IWilliams95/status/1067108634885148672

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sweezy literally ruined poor Ian Williams's career with a cheap hit so I get it

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/ex-49ers-nt-ian-williams-shares-details-career-ending-ankle-condition

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Carolina's deep coverage sucked poo poo in that game, Wilson was just floating passing to guys and the Panther's DBs looked loving lost

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

DariusLikewise posted:

Carolina's deep coverage sucked poo poo in that game, Wilson was just floating passing to guys and the Panther's DBs looked loving lost

Yeah, there were at least 2 floaters that would have had a decent shot of being intercepted against a good defensive back. But both were against the same backup cb so at least the strategy was right even if the execution was poor.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah, there were at least 2 floaters that would have had a decent shot of being intercepted against a good defensive back. But both were against the same backup cb so at least the strategy was right even if the execution was poor.

Yeah Seattle did a good job of attacking those guys, it was sad to watch Captain Munnerlyn look in the air while Lockett ran past him.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Basically the Seahawks game against the Panthers proves nothing about the Seahawks. Wilson also had several bad throws and neither team looked like it deserved to go to the playoffs.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Basically the Seahawks game against the Panthers proves nothing about the Seahawks. Wilson also had several bad throws and neither team looked like it deserved to go to the playoffs.

Uh I think you'll find that game proved Seattle's TD celebration game is top tier.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Neither team looked like the deserved to go to the playoffs because they are both good, evenly matched teams. They always play each other tough.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/kfitz134/status/1067502755852382208

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1067530562653618177

boooo

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pats for sure.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Pats for sure.

:wrong:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1067539881117790210

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Sodomy Hussein posted:

1. Seahawks lose to Broncos:
NFL view: Seahawks are bad. let the rebuilding year commence!
Seahawks view: Denver has only lost 2 home openers in like 60 years. Seahawks always start slow

2. Seahawks lose to Bears:
NFL view: Seahawks are really bad. Will they be drafting in the top 5? Will Carroll retire?
Seahawks view: Chicago home opener with a fresh Khalil Mack. Seahawks always start slow

3. Seahawks beat Cowboys
NFL view: Seahawks are bad. They only beat lowly Cowboys.
Seahawks view: YAY, whooped up on Americas team. Game wasn't close aside from late 4th quarter TD against and still won by 11.

4. Seahawks beat Cardinals
NFL view: Seahawks are really bad.They only beat lowly Cardinals by 3
Seahawks view: 2-2 after 4 games. Sounds like every other Pete Carroll year.

5. Seahawks lose to Rams
NFL view: Seahawks are bad.
Seahawks view: Lost to best team in league by 2. It's ok.

6. Seahawks beat Raiders
NFL view: Raiders suck. Seahawks are bad.
Seahawks view: 3-3 after 6 games. won 2 road games already. Bring on the bye!

7. Seahawks beat Lions
NFL view: Lions suck. Seahawks haven't beaten anyone over .500
Seahawks view: YAY, a 10am road win. Just beat a team that beat New England and Green Bay. Game wasn't close aside from late 4th quarter TD against.

8. Seahawks lose to Chargers
NFL view: See Seahawks are still bad.They lost at home and can't beat winning teams
Seahawks view: 4-4 after 8 games. Chargers are one of the best teams in the league. Had the ball and a chance to tie at the end.

9. Seahawks lose to Rams
NFL view: See Seahawks are still bad.They've lost 3 of past 5 and can't beat winning teams
Seahawks view: Lost two games to the Rams by a total of 7 points and the Rams' average win is by 15 points otherwise. Had the ball and a chance to tie at the end. Only lost to Los Angeles teams in the past 8 weeks.

10. Seahawks beat Packers
NFL view: Seahawks are still bad and still can't beat winning teams. Seahawks didnt win, the Packers lost the game.
Seahawks view: 5-5 after 10 games. Just beat the nation's favorite team.

11. Seahawks beat Panthers
NFL view: Hey, these Seahawks might be for real but Panthers looked bad. (see above quote)
Seahawks view: YAY, a 10am road win. With Cowboys resurgence, have 2 wins against winning teams now. The hardest part of schedule is in the past and have edge for a wild card spot with 4 of last 5 at home, easier opponents and tiebreakers against many teams chasing them.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think how good the seahawks are actually going to be is going to be somewhere between those two ridiculous strawmen

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Seattle is going to win da supah bowl

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

hifi posted:

i think how good the seahawks are actually going to be is going to be somewhere between those two ridiculous strawmen

Saying this years Seahawks are bad requires you to call last season a loving disaster and that team was a few Blair Walsh gently caress ups away from playoff contention and were almost as depleted of big names as we ended up being right now so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I mean a lot of people did say that anyway but that was a pretty cynical view imo.

The rest of the league seems to have changed a lot more than the Seahawks have, despite personnel changes. To me we look mostly the same only the O-line and RB's have a pulse and Janikowski is in town, which boosts everyone.

Edit: I really wish we could have seen what the year would have looked like with this team plus Will Dissly :(

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 28, 2018

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Seahawks aren’t bad, they’re middling, but half of their division is atrocious so their path to the wild card is relatively easy. Getting to play five games against the three worst teams in the league gets you a long way to 9 wins and a possible wild card.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It's damned impressive what they've managed to do, especially in the latter half of the season. I was pretty convinced this team was going to be an utter dumpster fire so even achieving a status slightly above mediocrity is a pretty impressive feat. They won't make waves in the postseason or anything but they've got a great chance to get there and the way their offense (both running and passing) has come together has really surprised me after the start they had to their season. Like a lot of teams who turn it around midseason I think the offensive line as well as the general good health of the team has a lot to do with it. Getting rid of Tom Cable may have been the single smartest move the Seahawks made in the offseason.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It’s tough to say where Seattle is. I think they are legitimately a good team. The games they’ve lost to have mainly been to top teams.

Solari, the new OL coach, is clearly the offseason mvp addition.

And frankly, I’m kind of surprised how relatively productive the offense has been despite Shotty. I guess if you actually just run a bunch, bad play calling is largely mitigated.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Also wtf how do the loving bears have such a good record

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Also wtf how do the loving bears have such a good record

Very good defense and an offensive scheme that covers for Trubisky and makes good use of their excellent running backs. The offense has improved a good bit since the beginning of the year, which is expected with a new coach and young QB. And Mack is an absolute force.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cross-thread posting Andy Reid's offense boosts QBs

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
the correct answer is that the seahawks suck!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

"Seahawks in the wildcard game, BOOK IT" relies 100% on presuming they beat Arizona again as if that's not even a question, which is not a good bet based on their last game in Arizona or their play against the Panthers.

The Seahawks are very average this year.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 28, 2018

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Seahawks are bonifide Not Bad this year which is cool and good. They have been in every game and it has been fun to watch every game (except maybe the chicago game which was dumb as hell). They have a great chance to make they wildcard which will also be fun. if they can make the playoffs this year with this squad then next year, if they resign clark and can land another pass rusher, they may actually be straight up Good again.

Either way 8-8 looks like their absolute floor right now

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I’m going to my first NFL game! Snagged a couple of tickets for this weekend’s Seahawks game. They’re kinda nosebleed, but I don’t care. Gonna wear my Lynch jersey.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd like to let you know the entirety of KC sports media is predicting a loss to the Seahawks since nobody has the nuts to predict winning out the season because Chiefs fans can't comprehend 14-2 so there goes your surprise victory.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

kiimo posted:

I'd like to let you know the entirety of KC sports media is predicting a loss to the Seahawks since nobody has the nuts to predict winning out the season because Chiefs fans can't comprehend 14-2 so there goes your surprise victory.

I expect the KC game to look a lot like the Rams games, unless some weather fuckery comes into play. I'm pretty confident in calling Seattle good this year--definitely not great, but good. DVOA had them #11 in offense, defense, and special teams, and that feels almost right except that the defense was better in the early season with Earl Thomas and the offense has been better in the later season with the o line gelling. The D will improve against the run when Kendricks and Wright return, but they're still short a pass rusher or two and a safety. Stay tuned for next year, I'd say.

Even with that in mind, this season has been way, way more fun than '16 or '17. The players seem to feel the same way. Maybe it helps that the weight of expectations is gone.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Edit: I really wish we could have seen what the year would have looked like with this team plus Will Dissly :(

Jesus, I totally forgot about Dissly. Hope he comes back 100%, he was a stud. If the draft goes well next year could be really special. There are still some big holes, but a lot less than I thought there would be, and there is a lot of cap room coming open soon.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 28, 2018

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I thought i posted this but i probably overedited it and got bored with it but I'll allow that the seahawks have slow starts and the rams are in the running for the best team in the nfl but that gives them basically one meaningful loss and 2 wins against .500 or greater teams and their remaining schedule is 2 vs the 49ers, 1 vs the cardinals, chiefs, and vikings. so with that high variance schedule if they drop one against the 49ers/cardinals then that's bad but it's also not expected, and the reverse with the chiefs. the only really likely defining game left for them is with the vikings but they're another barely over .500 team like the panthers and the cowboys

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Bob Socko posted:

I’m going to my first NFL game! Snagged a couple of tickets for this weekend’s Seahawks game. They’re kinda nosebleed, but I don’t care. Gonna wear my Lynch jersey.

have fun!

it’s a bunch of overpriced nonsense but still really fun to see your team in person

Play
Apr 25, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

Even with that in mind, this season has been way, way more fun than '16 or '17. The players seem to feel the same way. Maybe it helps that the weight of expectations is gone.

Absolutely, '17 especially was painful to watch. The line play was at it's worst, almost every play was either off-schedule Russel Wilson magic, a failed run of one yard or less, or a sack. The defense was better but the offense jumped off the screen in how frustrating and awful it was. Worst rushing attack in the NFL, easily. This success in the run game and RW having some time to throw has made the team infinitely more enjoyable to watch and (I'm sure) play for

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Hypothetical Scenario

NFC Seeding
1. Saints
2. Rams
3. Bears
4. Cowboys
5. Vikings
6. Seahawks

Wildcard
Seahawks over Cowboys
Bears over Vikings

Divisional
Seahawks over Saints
Rams over Bears

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP
SEAHAWKS @ RAMS

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DariusLikewise posted:

Divisional
Seahawks over Saints

In this game, we replaced the Saints offense with Folgers Crystal. Let's see if anyone noticed.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Coldforge posted:

In this game, we replaced the Saints offense with Folgers Crystal. Let's see if anyone noticed.

Maggot Soup fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 28, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

I'll have you know the Saints have never beat the Seahawks in the playoffs!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Never forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Man. Uh. Honestly would just be happy with a playoff berth. If it happens I think the Wild Card will be good games. If the Hawks win, thennnn I won't say they *can't* beat the Saints since, y'know, Beastquakes can happen, but...you know what yeah I'll say that. They're not winning in the Superdome. I could actually see a Rams matchup being dangerous for the Rams just because it's been two close games and it's tough to beat the same team three times, but that's so goddamn far down the road. This is a young team with a lot of potential, and that includes the potential to totally poo poo the bed in the "easy" part of the schedule.

Niners fans, tell me about Mullens. Do you keep him or Beathard as Jimmy G's backup next year? I know Breida is going to gash the defense with the way the LBs are right now, so this game could be a good deal closer than the line.

I'm already mad at the Auburn lifted F150-rear end fans who are going to boo Sherman. :mad: