Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

What did I just watch?

E:well drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Is there some context on this? It's a neat/weird little short film but I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Nah I recognize the origin was a gbs thread "Today is the day" I saw years ago as a lurker, each post was just some of those pictures.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

this is really cool

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Mods couldn't rename people, anyway, that would at least need an admin.

I thought I remembered a “rename” option, was I hallucinating?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Aesop Poprock posted:

I thought I remembered a “rename” option, was I hallucinating?

which is more likely, him lying or you having been on drugs and hallucinating your time as a mod?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

1) mods can't rename people unless they ask an admin real nice.
2) oldkangarookieless

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Some guy has a YouTube channel up called "Classic Something Awful" that was mildly amusing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIc9CNKIr6w

Not much content, short videos and he bitches a lot about lack of views but it was a decent enough listen at work. He's covered Dollfucker, Two Worlds, the gross weird fake room mate story, FF7 house. Wonder which user it is?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

BiggerBoat posted:

the gross weird fake room mate story

poo poo lasagna?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

BiggerBoat posted:

Some guy has a YouTube channel up called "Classic Something Awful" that was mildly amusing

Not much content, short videos and he bitches a lot about lack of views but it was a decent enough listen at work. He's covered Dollfucker, Two Worlds, the gross weird fake room mate story, FF7 house. Wonder which user it is?
It's forums poster my parents boyfriend

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RFC2324 posted:

which is more likely, him lying or you having been on drugs and hallucinating your time as a mod?

I was technically in rehab for a month when I was a mod so it’s probably that second one

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mammal Sauce posted:

poo poo lasagna?

Fecal Lasagna, iirc. Having the right internet keywords might help the digging.

BiggerBoat posted:

I remember reading that as a lurker in college and it’s part of why I’ll always love SA.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aesop Poprock posted:

I was technically in rehab for a month when I was a mod so it’s probably that second one

They told me to go to rehab/
I said Mod, Mod, Mod!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I just remembered, and had a hearty chuckle at, the "OH GOD HOW DID THIS GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTERS" cat. I forgot some enterprising goon actually managed to get that printed in their college newspaper.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/oh-god-how-did-this-get-here-i-am-not-good-with-computer

anyone have a link to the archived thread?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I just remembered, and had a hearty chuckle at, the "OH GOD HOW DID THIS GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTERS" cat. I forgot some enterprising goon actually managed to get that printed in their college newspaper.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/oh-god-how-did-this-get-here-i-am-not-good-with-computer

There ya go!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

With all the images missing, unfortunately. Farewell, Waffleimages, you were too good for this world.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Jesus Christ, the cat just wanted a cheeseburger, and look where it ended up. Poor creature.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Jesus Christ, the cat just wanted a cheeseburger, and look where it ended up. Poor creature.

this is that cat now

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh no, it needs to be put down. :(

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Leperflesh posted:

With all the images missing, unfortunately. Farewell, Waffleimages, you were too good for this world.

Isn’t there some workaround way to get certain images to work again?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Isn’t there some workaround way to get certain images to work again?

Here's the backup method, no idea if it will work on those images though.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2701257&pagenumber=131&perpage=40#post444399064

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Paladinus posted:

Oh no, it needs to be put down. :(

Because it's animu? :agreed:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

fool_of_sound posted:

this is that cat now

ANIME: NOT EVEN ONCE.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

So uh, anyone know where to find the original of

Because it’s amazing

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tame Cat’s Optical Illusion (Tokuhiro Kawai, 2006)

He's done a whole bunch - https://www.thegreatcat.org/the-cat-in-art-and-photos-2/cats-asian-art/tokuhiro-kawai-1971-present-japanese/

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

George H.W. oval office posted:

Didn’t she make a gently caress load of money though?
The whole ebook erotica writing thread is a course on how to make a fuckload of money by swallowing your pride and writing about much worse things being swallowed, among other bodily interactions.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

GWBBQ posted:

The whole ebook erotica writing thread is a course on how to make a fuckload of money by swallowing your pride and writing about much worse things being swallowed, among other bodily interactions.

Example 37a - the erotica about Microsoft Office's Clippy

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

waah posted:

Example 37a - the erotica about Microsoft Office's Clippy

I am going to do horrible things to this formatting.

-Clippy, who is naked at the time

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Looks like you're tryna smash that poosay, would you like some help?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

purple death ray posted:

Please do not encourage cat abuse. :smith:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mods absolutely can change names, they're just not trying hard enough

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

purple death ray posted:

I'm so sorry.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yeah exactly the same way you or i can, by begging an admin :rolleye:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I'm so sorry.

Awwww :smith:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

E.g: poster mods changed my name

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

syscall girl posted:

yeah exactly the same way you or i can, by begging an admin :rolleye:

no. by concentration

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Not a saga but I thought it might turn into something. What was up with the weird "look at this dipshit" banners yesterday?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lowtax remembered he had a forum and thought he'd try some new stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Found this in BYOB.

CPL593H posted:

There was this one guy with a Brock Turner/red text avatar who admitted to taking advantage of drunk girls that kept trying to post in Cinemas Discusso and every time he said anything multiple posters would say "Go away, rapist". And he would just keep chugging along pretending no one was saying that and casually try to talk about movie trailers or whatever and this went on for so long that a mod had to actually say "You are not allowed to post here." before he went away.

Can someone link to this person's rap sheet? Sounds funny.