Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Angry Lobster posted:

It's just me or career mode is brutal? First month, third mission in, a lance with a trebuchet and a griffin is considered a one skull mission.

What's brutal about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Conspiratiorist posted:

Yea, that's just awesome, means you are on your way to having a griffon!

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Conspiratiorist posted:

The previous mission was a one-skull mission against two full lances of lights and some mediums. The last time I played a campaign, one skull missions with your initial mechs were not as hard as these.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

After my Trebuchet gave it's mechanolife (but not the meaty pilot's life) tanking shots from five mechs for like four turns before something finally, mercifully, stepped on the center torso I'll always go to bat for those amazing pieces of poo poo.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh, he was a Dragoon in 1. The Player's character had dialogue in MA and was an actual character.

In MechAssault 2 he turns into a silent staring killer who blows up tanks with planted satchel charges and hijacks enemy BattleMechs by giving them battle armor hugs. He also commits or is directly involved in two city-destroying atrocities.

I honestly cant remember the main character ever saying anything and I played that campaign a lot. Are you sure you arent mixing him up with foster? Also HBS put the ragnarok in battletech cowards.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I played way too much of Mechassault 1 and 2 both campaign and pvp and honestly I only remember leveling up weapons for some reason, the good-for-the-time environmental damage, the lovely grappling hook hacking thing in 2, and Uziels having gauss rifles and kneecapping Atlases with that.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

imweasel09 posted:

I honestly cant remember the main character ever saying anything and I played that campaign a lot. Are you sure you arent mixing him up with foster?
I might be. I only played MA1 once. MA2 I played a lot because the Battle Armor was really fun. I could've sworn Capt. Wolf Mechwarrior spoke, but if I'm wrong I'm wrong. :shrug:

imweasel09 posted:

Also HBS put the ragnarok in battletech cowards.
They kind-of did

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Doesn't have the stupid shoulder-mounted gigacannon that one-shots Atlases, doesn't count

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

First shot of this career and my Jenner one-shot a Locust's head off. It's going to be a good run.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I can't play because the game locks up at the Harebrained Studios logo. I thought it was me failing to uninstall Roguetech correctly, but one clean uninstall and reinstall later and it still happens.

There's a few people posting about the same problem, so I guess I'll check back later, but I'm kinda bummed since Tuesdays are one of my free evenings.

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

Angry Lobster posted:

The previous mission was a one-skull mission against two full lances of lights and some mediums. The last time I played a campaign, one skull missions with your initial mechs were not as hard as these.
That actually sounds quite a bit harder than you should be seeing at diff 2. If you can remember the name of the contract, I can look it up and see what's going on.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Prism posted:

I can't play because the game locks up at the Harebrained Studios logo. I thought it was me failing to uninstall Roguetech correctly, but one clean uninstall and reinstall later and it still happens.

There's a few people posting about the same problem, so I guess I'll check back later, but I'm kinda bummed since Tuesdays are one of my free evenings.

I've run into the same problem. I managed to get it kinda working. Here's what I did.

*Disable Steam Cloud Sync for Battletech

*Uninstall via Steam

*Delete *\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes

*Delete Steam\Userdata\637090

*Delete Steamapps\Common\Battletech

*Using Regedit, delete Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Harebrained Schemes\Battletech

*Reinstall via Steam

My campaign still hangs on load when I try and start a new game, but at least the career is working. I think the issue I ran into is that Battletech saves mechlab/skirmish custom 'mechs in a settings_local file in appdata, so even if you clean install it'll try and reference 'mechs or equipment that doesn't exist. I'm still having an issue where I can't start a career or change my account picture, but I suspect the latter is because I changed my account picture to something from Roguetech. No idea why I can play career but not campaign :shrug:

boba fetacheese
Dec 12, 2000

Amechwarrior posted:

So I guess the media embargo is lifted on FP/1.3
On an unrelated note where is your AI mod hosted? Took a trawl through NexusMods but I couldn't find it!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Radio Free Kobold posted:

My campaign still hangs on load when I try and start a new game, but at least the career is working. I think the issue I ran into is that Battletech saves mechlab/skirmish custom 'mechs in a settings_local file in appdata, so even if you clean install it'll try and reference 'mechs or equipment that doesn't exist. I'm still having an issue where I can't start a career or change my account picture, but I suspect the latter is because I changed my account picture to something from Roguetech. No idea why I can play career but not campaign :shrug:

I am entirely sure Roguetech is gone now after blowing Battletech away as hard as I did earlier.

But as for Flashpoint, I can't get that far. It freezes at the Harebrained Studios logo as soon as you open the program. (It doesn't even get to full brightness.) This is a different problem and one that's been mentioned on the Paradox forums.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

well, i guess you're hosed

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Prism posted:

I am entirely sure Roguetech is gone now after blowing Battletech away as hard as I did earlier.

But as for Flashpoint, I can't get that far. It freezes at the Harebrained Studios logo as soon as you open the program. (It doesn't even get to full brightness.) This is a different problem and one that's been mentioned on the Paradox forums.

Do you still have the saved game files somewhere?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Stanley Pain posted:

Do you still have the saved game files somewhere?

No. I really got rid of everything. I even did the registry clear. Roguetech is not the problem, judging by it being posted on the forums too (and not by me).

Edit: It apparently works and gets past it if I let it sit for 5-8 minutes, but it did the same thing at the loading screen for the new campaign (though, again, it works if I wait for a while). I didn't keep playing to see if it had that stall every time it hit a loading screen.

Prism fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 28, 2018

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Prism posted:

No. I really got rid of everything. I even did the registry clear. Roguetech is not the problem, judging by it being posted on the forums too (and not by me).

Radio Free Kobold posted:

I've run into the same problem. I managed to get it kinda working. Here's what I did.

Kobold, did you ever try this thing I posted back when you were talking about this before? The cloud.sav thing is what worked for me, I was also perma-hosed until I got a clean file.

Klyith posted:

ok, last ditch option:
1. Get this file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlevjiNhD-9ZawC-BffhAZcsfPE
2. quit steam
3. find your steam saves folder (e: Steam\userdata\######\637090\remote\)
4. delete remotecache.vdf
5. overwrite settings_cloud.sav with the one from the zip
6. move your campaign saves elsewhere for backup (they're in folders)
7. turn off your internet
8. start steam in offline mode and play battletech

The game has some sort of cloud feature, even if steam cloud saves are normally off. When I had problems with skirmish being hosed up it was because of the settings_cloud.sav file. It got recreated somehow, and I got a clean copy of the cloud save file from a friend with the game.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Prism posted:

I don't know if that's better or worse than where I am.

1. I bought the Season Pass off Paradox.
2. Paradox sent me an email thanking me for pre-ordering Flashpoint and saying they had emailed me a product key.
3. There is no step 3. There is also no product key in my inbox or spam folder. There is further no unlocked Flashpoint on Steam.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Klyith posted:

Kobold, did you ever try this thing I posted back when you were talking about this before? The cloud.sav thing is what worked for me, I was also perma-hosed until I got a clean file.

Yes I did, that didn't work either.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
so other than supporting the great devs and all that stuff is this worth $18 so far? Or has no one really gotten to do flashpoints yet?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

ulmont posted:

I don't know if that's better or worse than where I am.

1. I bought the Season Pass off Paradox.
2. Paradox sent me an email thanking me for pre-ordering Flashpoint and saying they had emailed me a product key.
3. There is no step 3. There is also no product key in my inbox or spam folder. There is further no unlocked Flashpoint on Steam.

Email their support buying stuff from Paradox directly is a poo poo show that i actively avoid despite really liking the publisher but their CS is responsive.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Career mode starts out easier than you'd expect - your starting roster includes a pair of PPC-toters, and against the half-armor pirate vehicles that fluff out early encounters that's basically an Instagib shock rifle.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Is the career mode start randomized, or is it always the same set of mechs?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Virulence posted:

I have a Jenner, Spider, Vindicator, Panther, and Commando, same as someone else said, so the same, and not too shabby either.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I seem to remember Kiva saying on one of the streams that since they're scoring you on career mode, they want a solid baseline so all the scores are fair, and to keep you from getting a dramatically overpowered Lance or a hilariously weak one.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Cyrano4747 posted:

Email their support buying stuff from Paradox directly is a poo poo show that i actively avoid despite really liking the publisher but their CS is responsive.

Yeah, I'll get right on that now that it's 4:25am in Sweden. I'm not the only one with this problem, so I assume it'll get sorted out by the time I wake up in the morning (or I'll email then).

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Voyager I posted:

Career mode starts out easier than you'd expect - your starting roster includes a pair of PPC-toters, and against the half-armor pirate vehicles that fluff out early encounters that's basically an Instagib shock rifle.

It starts out like that but it ramps up if you are doing more than 3 salvage per mech and empty chassis on salvage. Pretty quickly you hit a wall where those mechs are just barely enough for 2 or 2.5 skull missions but you’re not salvaging fast enough. Doubly so when any new mech takes a month of refitting to be useful.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

ulmont posted:

Yeah, I'll get right on that now that it's 4:25am in Sweden. I'm not the only one with this problem, so I assume it'll get sorted out by the time I wake up in the morning (or I'll email then).

You do you but it takes thirty seconds to write an email and I’d rather they have it when they get into the office than maybe need to send it after their business day ends, delaying poo poo by another day.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i started a new campaign and i'm stuck on the moon mission where you capture the argo? after every move or action i take there seems to be a pretty good chance of the game just accepting input and hanging forever instead of doing anything. is this a known issue?

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
i ran into a similar issue with a 2 skull mission - opfor was a locust, a shadowhawk H, an orion, and a quickdraw (assasination target). way too heavy for the starting lance, the orion blew the right side completely off of the jenner the second it crested the hill.

i killed the orion, but had to abort so i didn't get any salvage

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Virulence posted:

It's fixed.

Random starting mechs option please :D

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

boba fetacheese posted:

On an unrelated note where is your AI mod hosted? Took a trawl through NexusMods but I couldn't find it!

https://github.com/Mpstark/BetterAI

It's not on Nexus as I'm swamped enough with keeping track of my changes in the googledoc + git + PDX + personal testing. That and now I'm part of a community fixes patching git. Anyway, I should be done with the 1.3 version by tonight (Hawaii time, I got like 6 more hours left) and the current ModTek/BTML guy just pushed out a 1.3 ModTek, BTML needs no changes. If you hit the "clone or download" on my Better AI git you can get it now. I just need to find time to package a release, but the changes are there.

ModTek for 1.3:

https://github.com/janxious/ModTek/releases/tag/v0.4.1

BTML (old, works in 1.3, but still the most current one under active development)
https://github.com/janxious/BattleTechModLoader

Amechwarrior fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 28, 2018

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I imagine the alliance flashpoints will be rough to get (or at least, for more than one or two) in career mode with the time limit.
Worth noting that according to what I remember HBS saying in the streams, you can still play after the time limit runs out, it just stops tracking the (pointless) score.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

Malek Deneith posted:

Worth noting that according to what I remember HBS saying in the streams, you can still play after the time limit runs out, it just stops tracking the (pointless) score.

Been digging through the files and found something about those scores. While they stop tracking at 1200, it's not totally pointless.

I think they reward you with gear based on your score at the end of it all. The top rank is KERENSKY at 784,000.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I'm getting some crazy load times in career mode. Is there a save file deletion trick or something floating around to fix this?

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Does Flashpoint add anything to the original campaign, or is it mainly structured around the career mode? Also, are flashpoints available during the regular campaign or do they start popping up at the end after you finish everything?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cyrano4747 posted:

It starts out like that but it ramps up if you are doing more than 3 salvage per mech and empty chassis on salvage. Pretty quickly you hit a wall where those mechs are just barely enough for 2 or 2.5 skull missions but you’re not salvaging fast enough. Doubly so when any new mech takes a month of refitting to be useful.

I'm playing with hard configurations so I'm used to having to run away; half of them pit your lance against a semi-circle of heavies/assaults you have no hope of winning without your own assaults. The flip side is you can accrue a heavy of your own way quicker that way.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011

Amechwarrior posted:

Been digging through the files and found something about those scores. While they stop tracking at 1200, it's not totally pointless.

I think they reward you with gear based on your score at the end of it all. The top rank is KERENSKY at 784,000.
Huh, interesting. That does sound nice, then again after three years of gameplay you'll probably have all the gear you need anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
ahhh, gently caress doing the campaign again, it crashes or hangs at the drop of a hat now

can you do the flashpoint content in career mode? if there's an online leaderboard for career mode, are you allowed to mod the json files?