Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
so presumably tesla isn't being investigated because the body count they've racked up has been solely on the operator side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

This one was from several ATG engineers. It said they were turning off the car's ability to make emergency decisions on its own like slamming on the brakes or swerving hard.

Their rationale was safety.

"These emergency actions have real-world risk if the VO [vehicle operator or safety driver] does not take over in time and other drivers are not attentive, so it is better to suppress plans with emergency actions in online operation," the email read.

In other words, such quick moves can startle other drivers on the road and if there was a real threat, the safety driver would have already taken over, they reasoned. So they resolved to limit the car's actions and rely wholly on the safety driver's alertness.

welp

where are my manslaughter charges???

if your auto driving cab service requires an alert driver then why have it be auto driving in the first place

you’d think long periods of no activity needed from the driver would be a bit counter productive towards them being alert

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

no they were an Aldi job, I will take a photo out of my freezer when I get home.

ahh yes, the nugs

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
aldi makin the nugs look hot and sexy

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
guess we don't get aldi's here in denver

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Munkeymon posted:

if you just arrested the whole team and left them in jail overnight they'd be racing to incriminate each other in the morning

they've probably all taken discrete math so they know about the prisoners' dilemma

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
attn tori

https://twitter.com/ChrisCoons/status/1067517266508558336

NoneMoreNegative posted:

ahh yes, the nugs

i'm glad they clearly labeled them for usage in the gastrointestinal system's range of the body

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
bonus twoot

https://twitter.com/juliacarriew/status/1067539862545256448

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

:ironicat::fh:

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1067495633903370240?s=19

Not tech bubble but lol using twitter to own gm

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

attn tori

https://twitter.com/ChrisCoons/status/1067517266508558336

i'm glad they clearly labeled them for usage in the gastrointestinal system's range of the body

My favorite ai self own was Amazon making ai to help weed out bad candidates so it fed it resumes of candidates that weren't selected for positions (and those that were).

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/1050019537637318656?s=19

But instead of thinking it was their bias that was the problem they scrapped the whole thing and learned nothing.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

well fb is clearly and evidently incapable of policing its platform on its own so what's your solution shaggar?

nothing. there isn't a problem that needs fixing. stop using facebook and it will go away on its own

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
the individual solution to a collective problem

"shaggared again"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
theres no problem tho.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

hmmm the economy is starting to perform poorly due to idiotic policies. better double down on the nastiness and really gently caress people over

Shaggar posted:

nothing. there isn't a problem that needs fixing. stop using facebook and it will go away on its own

I tried ignoring your posts but you’re still here

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Shaggar posted:

theres no problem tho.

"works for me", says a well off white computer toucher from a 1st world country

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Penisface posted:

...from a 1st world country

today.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

theres no problem tho.

So people using it to organize brutality against minorities is not a problem that needs to be addressed in your hosed up head?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Janitor Prime posted:

So people using it to organize brutality against minorities is not a problem that needs to be addressed in your hosed up head?

Did you think his stance that Unicode is bad and everybody should just speak English wasn't rooted in deep-seated racism?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Janitor Prime posted:

that's bad but its also already illegal. the fact that the cops (the same cops you want to regulate facebook lol) don't care about minorities being threatened isn't facebooks fault.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

graph posted:

shags are you sliding into becoming non-ironic

im permabanned poster cyclestomper58

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
you are what you pretend to be

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1033506727352782849

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

pseudorandom name posted:

Did you think his stance that Unicode is bad and everybody should just speak English wasn't rooted in deep-seated racism?

that’s just his gimmick, this latest poo poo is real stupid

Shaggar posted:

that's bad but its also already illegal. the fact that the cops (the same cops you want to regulate facebook lol) don't care about minorities being threatened isn't facebooks fault.

just to be clear your saying it’s ok for fb to be complicit because the government doesn’t care?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

My Linux Rig posted:

if your auto driving cab service requires an alert driver then why have it be auto driving in the first place

because then you can pay the human driver less

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
facebook can do anything the government doesn't say is illegal, also the government shouldn't say anything is illegal

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

infernal machines posted:

facebook can do anything the government doesn't say is illegal, also the government shouldn't say anything is illegal

eddie murphy dot gif

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sagebrush posted:

im permabanned poster cyclestomper58

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
reminder: facebook organized violence in myanmar was and is being actively funded and run by the myanmar government and military

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

fishmech posted:

reminder: facebook organized violence in myanmar was and is being actively funded and run by the myanmar government and military

Yeah, but how else could I possibly stay in touch with my family?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

fishmech posted:

wait what. gimme a link or something about this

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

im not going to google "facebook Myanmar" so don't suggest it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

power botton posted:

wait what. gimme a link or something about this

how about this?

unless you're asking about the facebook part

https://www.wired.com/story/how-facebooks-rise-fueled-chaos-and-confusion-in-myanmar/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/15/technology/myanmar-facebook-genocide.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/03/revealed-facebook-hate-speech-exploded-in-myanmar-during-rohingya-crisis

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-myanmar-rohingya-facebook/u-n-investigators-cite-facebook-role-in-myanmar-crisis-idUSKCN1GO2PN

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 28, 2018

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Janitor Prime posted:

that’s just his gimmick, this latest poo poo is real stupid

just to be clear your saying it’s ok for fb to be complicit because the government doesn’t care?

im saying if the government cant enforce existing laws that are relatively clear cut, I don't want to see them trying to enforce censorship laws where the criteria is largely political in nature.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
as opposed to the preexisting non-political laws

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
this use of the pejorative "political" to refer to politics i don't agree with has to be tiredest rhetorical device

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

look, i think we can all agree we don't want the government in the business of making laws

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
just letting the market work is a political position

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no, u see, that's just the natural order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
lmao at shaggar just clotheslining himself on “non-political laws”