Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gabe is a rat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gabe has the thinnest skin on earth and always will.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Gabe has the thinnest skin on earth and always will.
See his whole feud with the Aarons

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

In an industry full of people who are complete marks for themselves, Gabe deserves props for consistently standing out above the rest

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

In an industry full of people who are complete marks for themselves, Gabe deserves props for consistently standing out above the rest
He really wants to be like his mentor, but he doesn't have any of the charisma Paul has

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Real rich him saying that when he refused to pay a homeless tjp and made him sleep in the ring truck during the early Evolve days

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Real rich him saying that when he refused to pay a homeless tjp and made him sleep in the ring truck during the early Evolve days

Eh, while I do think that it was completely wrong of Gabe, I do think that TJP is a massive piece of poo poo and shouldn't be employed. Although he should still be paid if he is employed or hired for something.

In unrelated news:

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1067283282738507787

Basic translation: Kairi has HFMD (Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease). She thinks she may have to go the hospital to have it checked out, although most cases tend to die down in 7-10 days.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 27, 2018

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does she have a kid? I think my nephew got that from daycare.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Japanese people a lot more closed off about their lives, but I don't THINK so.

On the other side of the coin Mio Shirai is about to have a second just a few years after retirement.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

No. That being said, she could have been exposed to someone who had/has the disease as well. It can be spread through contact with an infected person.

quote:

Close personal contact, such as hugging an infected person
The air when an infected person coughs or sneezes
Contact with contaminated objects and surfaces, like touching a doorknob that has viruses on it, then touching your eyes, mouth, or nose before washing your hands

The thing about Kairi is that she'll take pictures with pretty much everyone and will hug/put her arm around anyone that asks for a photo.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Well hopefully she has a quick recovery! That sucks...

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Well hopefully she has a quick recovery! That sucks...

I think it's pretty likely this will keep her out of the next set of NXT TV tapings (which are on Thursday). Because she'll remain contagious for up to a week after the fever breaks. And her tweet mentioned that it just went down fairly recently.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Reminder that a couple baseball players got that this season probably from meet-and-greets with grade school kids. It’s entirely possible the same happened with Kairi.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Performance Center like a lot of gyms is a haven for disease.

Also, there's a lot of foreign talent flying home and back and stuff.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
parents just not giving a gently caress about infecting other people...anti-vaxxers use these people not getting in trouble as a justification (I know i argued with one about it for about a day)

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/matthardybrand/status/1067494910247542785?s=21

Is this supposed to be in character? It pretty critical of WWE despite his in ring career being over

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Or just stating the obvious.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/matthardybrand/status/1067494910247542785?s=21

Is this supposed to be in character? It pretty critical of WWE despite his in ring career being over

Wasn't he in training to be a producer/agent? Maybe it wasn't working out.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Wasn't he in training to be a producer/agent? Maybe it wasn't working out.

He was, plus there was going to be more Broken/Woken universe stuff on the network

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
He's not retired-retired. Seems inevitable we will see another Hardy vs Hardy match in our lifetimes even though the only time it was fun was with the Broken Stuff.

Also, it's Matt Hardy on social media.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The tweet was clearly in character, you marks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Matt Hardy #Confirmed for AEW.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/PeteDunneYxB/status/1067506766496350209

I dunno about you guys but I believe the guy with a picture of him next to HHH in his banner.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I hope this leads to WWE also feeling obligated to include at least one British wrestler in the HoF each year for pandering purposes. At last Big Daddy will be in the REAL Hall of Fame. gently caress you, Dave!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Can we at least get WALTER as a playable character in WWE 2K20?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dying to play the chopping guy in the bad video game

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Remember Keith Lee? Remember Donnovan Dijak?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/PeteDunneYxB/status/1067506766496350209

I dunno about you guys but I believe the guy with a picture of him next to HHH in his banner.

Has there ever been a case where this type of desperate rear end sounding tweet turned out to be true

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
One more for the pile.

https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/1067179747304767494

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I sold out and i'm going to leave after i realize how bad it is and get paid more on the indies afterward. You'll buy tickets to see me you dumb rear end gahaha

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I sold out? Yeah, the 2,500 seat convention center last night. you've been postered

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo is everyone just completely melting down over this

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

Holy poo poo is everyone just completely melting down over this

It's idiots targetting individual workers as if they're the problem for taking the buttload of money WWE offers so they can actually have financial security. The problem isn't Ricochet or Dunne or WALTER signing. It's that WWE is signing literally EVERYone with no intention of actually using a big chunk of that talent, solely to play the zero-sum game with the indies and starve them. Which is also counter-productive for WWE, such that it's literally a bad idea from EVERY perspective. (WWE's wasting money and likely hurting their own future prospects because the Performance Center only knows how to turn out one kind of worker)

It's Smallman, Dallas, Gabe and Hunter than should be taking the brunt of this. The first three for being dumb enough to not realise that getting into bed with WWE is basically bending the knee and giving up any pretense of growing your own brand beyond the table-scraps they allow you to have until they just kill you. And the latter for not even having the balls to be honest about it. I feel like if you'd asked Vince in the 80s, he'd have been very, very open about what he was doing and cackled like the Mr McMahon character.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HHH got away with being the face of the Hogan Redemption Tour, nobody is going to be mad at him over this.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but I mean, I know it’s probably frustrating but you’re still a public figure and Ricochet is coming off like a ridiculous tool. Like just don’t respond in public if your only option is to come off that bad

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah but I mean, I know it’s probably frustrating but you’re still a public figure and Ricochet is coming off like a ridiculous tool. Like just don’t respond in public if your only option is to come off that bad

Back off man. That Twitter account was bad mouthing Ricochet to his 62 followers.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ricochet hasn't been as good a sycophant/company Mann on social media since Reigns left but that one's a pretty good effort from him. Bonus points for "trying something new", classic comedy

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On a similar note, I had to shake my head when Trips was on one of the NXT media calls and was talking about telling Ricochet that he shouldn't be making his flips look so easy. Which is like... why did you even hire him? How do you miss the point so massively? (Then again, Vince apparently said they have a million guys who can do what AJ Styles does, which is demonstrably false. They have like 2)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

On a similar note, I had to shake my head when Trips was on one of the NXT media calls and was talking about telling Ricochet that he shouldn't be making his flips look so easy. Which is like... why did you even hire him? How do you miss the point so massively? (Then again, Vince apparently said they have a million guys who can do what AJ Styles does, which is demonstrably false. They have like 2)

That's Triple H's humour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

(Then again, Vince apparently said they have a million guys who can do what AJ Styles does, which is demonstrably false. They have like 2)

A lot of people can be hit in the balls, it's surprisingly true