Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How does teleport work?

Does it instantly replace my current Pokemon with another who gets to do a move? Or is it otherwise the exact same as switching Pokemon normally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

notthegoatseguy posted:

More 3DS event codes:

Kyogre S SM/Groudon M UM :siren: Must be redeemed today :siren: :A852SHHRFZ8F4CHD AND 852SHHN6NANXRS9

MORE Zekrom/Resihiram Codes: A869L6JY3A6FD7HT

A869L6KYFEKMHDUK

A869L6LH845AWG6R

A869L6NY4XU4k6GF

A869L6YEY6M7LAXU

A869L72WHGQFAQUS

A869L632P5CL6KJK

I took the second groudon code

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/pokmon_facts/status/1067197335040602112?s=19

FerociousStrike
Dec 27, 2003
I found a couple of extra codes while cleaning today if anyone needs them.

Groudon/Kyogre: A852 K9KE AAHR 27YZ (as noted this expires 11/28!)
Shiny Poipole: A878 RZFS KATJ UWNP

FerociousStrike fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 28, 2018

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

How does teleport work?

Does it instantly replace my current Pokemon with another who gets to do a move? Or is it otherwise the exact same as switching Pokemon normally?

I thought that it didn't work at all in trainer battles. I do know that in wild battles, you just end the encounter right there. It also used to act as a discount version of Fly in the overworld, taking you back to the last Pokemon Center you were at, but only going one way.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Geostomp posted:

I thought that it didn't work at all in trainer battles. I do know that in wild battles, you just end the encounter right there. It also used to act as a discount version of Fly in the overworld, taking you back to the last Pokemon Center you were at, but only going one way.

Let's Go changed how it worked. Now it's a -6 Priority move that makes the Pokemon switch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr Pepper posted:

Let's Go changed how it worked. Now it's a -6 Priority move that makes the Pokemon switch.

But then do you get to do another move? What'd difference between teleport and just switching?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

But then do you get to do another move? What'd difference between teleport and just switching?

Teleport happens after the opponent's move, so if they click an attacking move, the pokemon you're switching out takes the damage instead of the pokemon you're switching in.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh I see, I read that speed backwards

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

EDIT: Meant to edit original post.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Also in the competitive scene it's useful because if your opponent switches you can then switch in something to counter their switch, instead of both switches happening at the same time, granting a tidbit of extra info for strategy.

Jithendra
May 23, 2009

FerociousStrike posted:

Took the Groudon code, thanks!

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Well out of ~300 Ponyta none of them have perfect IVs. A few have 5 perfect stats and one fantastic-good stat. Guess I'll pick one to actually use and use the other decent ones for trades or something

edit: Gonna use the one that's perfect in everything but sp. atk since rapidash prefers physical moves anyway

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 27, 2018

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

THE loving MOON posted:

Well out of ~300 Ponyta none of them have perfect IVs. A few have 5 perfect stats and one fantastic-good stat. Guess I'll pick one to actually use and use the other decent ones for trades or something

edit: Gonna use the one that's perfect in everything but sp. atk since rapidash prefers physical moves anyway

Just look for any that are 1090 CP and above, and run away from the rest. I think the perfect one I got was 1092.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Big McHuge posted:

Just look for any that are 1090 CP and above, and run away from the rest. I think the perfect one I got was 1092.

Maybe later if I'm ever chaining ponytas again. I need to actually clear some more gyms so I can eventually get the shiny charm.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You realize you can hyper train one stat a day right? All but one perfect is gravy

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

You realize you can hyper train one stat a day right? All but one perfect is gravy

No, I sure didn't. That's good to know

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Dizz posted:

now give me a guide on how to do excellent throws when Chansey isn't in the center [which is 95% of the time] because i wear to god it sucks

Replace Step 7 with "hit a dab"

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you're in the midwest near a Meijer store, there's an mperks coupon for 50% off a trading card game tin.

That's 4 booster packs plus the one card on the front of the box for $10.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
Those Cerulean Cave chanseys get really easy to catch after like 200 of them. I'm glad that capture boost is permanent and not just for the duration of your chain, because they were frustrating to deal with at first.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

What is this hyper train that you speak of? Is it something that unlocks after I beat the 4?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Big McHuge posted:

What is this hyper train that you speak of? Is it something that unlocks after I beat the 4?

You know that lady that gives you a bottle cap if you beat her outside of the SS Anne? You can fight her once a day. Once you are champion, there is a man who will max out one IV on one of your Pokemon in exchange for the bottle cap. It's the man who said "come talk to me when you are the champion" or something like that.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

You know that lady that gives you a bottle cap if you beat her outside of the SS Anne? You can fight her once a day. Once you are champion, there is a man who will max out one IV on one of your Pokemon in exchange for the bottle cap. It's the man who said "come talk to me when you are the champion" or something like that.

He's inside the Pokemon Daycare center, for reference

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hello does anyone want to do trade evolutions and maybe throw a Grimer my way so I can wrap the Dex?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Oyster posted:

Raise one you catch in Go during Community Weekend with love and then shove it into your switch.

Kidnap a Pokemon from its home, stuff it full of ground up remnants of other members of its species sprinkled with stardust, force it into a crate and ship it to a far away place so it can serve as a battle slave.

Pokemon gets kinda dark sometimes.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
If the candies are made of ground up Pokemon, why does each Pokemon you catch come with three candies

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

i poop fire posted:

Those Cerulean Cave chanseys get really easy to catch after like 200 of them. I'm glad that capture boost is permanent and not just for the duration of your chain, because they were frustrating to deal with at first.

Wait what? This whole time I've been will I/won't I about breaking my Chansey chain to do something else and it doesn't matter?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

thetoughestbean posted:

If the candies are made of ground up Pokemon, why does each Pokemon you catch come with three candies

because of the pokemon they ate before you caught them

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Alxprit posted:

Wait what? This whole time I've been will I/won't I about breaking my Chansey chain to do something else and it doesn't matter?

Things that will break your chain:

1) Catching something that isn't the mon you're chaining
2) A mon running away from you
3) Exiting the game

You can go restock on balls, fight a trainer, whatever, it won't matter.

What the poster you quoted is referring to isn't about chains specifically, but how pokemon get a permanent capture rate increase after nabbing a certain number that seems to vary by species. At 90 Chansey the circle went from orange -> yellow with an ultra and after catching my 100th Chansey I get a green circle to catch them with great and ultra balls, and a yellow with a basic pokeball.

It was really nice when a shiny Chansey finally showed up and I didn't have to worry so much about that sparkly jerk breaking out of the first ball and running away immediately. Makes xp grinding post e4 a breeze, too!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

No, I know that. The "something else" i was referring to was chaining up candies that aren't Health candy because I need them for Meltan, which would break my chain cause I would be catching something else, but even if you break your chain and come back the Chansey will be easy to catch still? That's incredible

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Alxprit posted:

No, I know that. The "something else" i was referring to was chaining up candies that aren't Health candy because I need them for Meltan, which would break my chain cause I would be catching something else, but even if you break your chain and come back the Chansey will be easy to catch still? That's incredible

Candy quality is tied to your capture total for that species, the drop quantity is tied to your chain's count. You won't start getting garbage candy if you reset the chain, but you will get candy less frequently.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
It's kind of lame that the Game Corner is effectively a waste in LGP/E.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

It's kind of lame that the Game Corner is effectively a waste in LGP/E.

Yeah, that was disappointing. Catching porygon isnt so bad though

Emergency Squid
Dec 29, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

More 3DS event codes:

Kyogre S SM/Groudon M UM :siren: Must be redeemed today :siren: :A852SHHRFZ8F4CHD AND 852SHHN6NANXRS9

MORE Zekrom/Resihiram Codes: A869L6JY3A6FD7HT

A869L6KYFEKMHDUK

A869L6LH845AWG6R

A869L6NY4XU4k6GF

A869L6YEY6M7LAXU

A869L72WHGQFAQUS

A869L632P5CL6KJK

Took the third one from the bottom. Thank you!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

i poop fire posted:

Candy quality is tied to your capture total for that species, the drop quantity is tied to your chain's count. You won't start getting garbage candy if you reset the chain, but you will get candy less frequently.

Also not my question. My only concern is if my ability to catch Chansey will degrade if the chain breaks, which it seems like it doesn't.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I ran into a level 9 Dragonite. That doesn't seem... right

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I need more water/fire/leaf stones. Where do I get more beyond the ones I've come across? Do they spawn somewhere? Can I only buy them?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Macaluso posted:

I need more water/fire/leaf stones. Where do I get more beyond the ones I've come across? Do they spawn somewhere? Can I only buy them?

If it's still like RBY you can buy them in Celedon City

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

FerociousStrike posted:

Grabbed this poipole. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Macaluso posted:

I ran into a level 9 Dragonite. That doesn't seem... right
he was an early bloomer