Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gregstolze/termination-shock-the-print-version

Greg Stolze has a new sci-fi RPG out on KS. Termination Shock is about :

quote:

in broad strokes, the Sol system of the future is unjust and unfriendly, with rogue killer AIs infesting the deep edges of its orbit while transhumans at the core monopolize the best tech and the prime real estate. Squished uncomfortably between are colonists on Mars, asteroid belt miners, and the merchants who supply them.

That pinched margin is just about to get crushed when aliens swoop in on a rescue mission, trying to gather up as much unmodified humanity as they can before the expiration date. Rushed away into deep space and plagued by poor translation software humankind dumped in a cosmopolitan galaxy that doesn't hate them, but doesn't really care much either. We have to start over from zero in the midst of cultures we never expected, and that never expected us.

The breadth and confusion of the setting provides a lot of different options for play. Want to play something ultraviolent? Tool up with alien tech and go get revenge on the killbots of Sol, and maybe show those snobby exhumans a thing or two. Want to explore strange new worlds? There's a bunch, and they're always curious about new species with new cultures, either as entertainment, possible saviors, or exploitable resources. Want to make politics in a chaotic diaspora with limited resources and a severely disrupted economy? Stick around the station and try to corner the market on human goods like soap, coffee or news media.

It's a tough setting. It can roll with whatever you throw at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

clockworkjoe posted:

Greg Stolze has a new sci-fi RPG out on KS. Termination Shock is about :

Oh hell yes. This looks quite cool.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I listened to some of the podcast and I am down for getting a printing copy of the rules.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Nile Empire KS is live, and already funded.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

The Fireball Island ks arrived, everything accounted for and it rules. There's been a few reported issues like some board pieces don't lie flat (one of mine doesn't but it's fine) or the box is poo poo (it is) but this generally appears to have been a successful run. Even my wife likes the game and she normally rolls her eyes any time a package for me shows up.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like the components of this game. Also I like how the kickstarter pitch video is so short and then just cuts off.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/subquark/mint-tin-mini-skulduggery

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tldo0sTRgR0

That's uh

That video doesn't do much of good job making the game look fun huh :v:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

FirstAidKite posted:

I like the components of this game. Also I like how the kickstarter pitch video is so short and then just cuts off.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/subquark/mint-tin-mini-skulduggery

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tldo0sTRgR0

That's uh

That video doesn't do much of good job making the game look fun huh :v:
Wow, holy poo poo you weren't kidding with that gameplay video.

Roll, nothing, roll, nothing, roll, nothing, roll, nothing, roll... ooh, 1 point. Roll, nothing...

Edit: wtf, it's funded?!

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 29, 2018

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
Wish the Stolze KS went into a a little more rule detail since I don't much feel like listening through the podcast to figure out how the game plays. Still, it's Stolze so he's gonna get my money in the end.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I have my Reaper 4 pledge all locked in, mostly for the larger individual buys and scenery, but I have to say I hate some of the groupings they have done for miniatures, plus the difficulty of getting individual miniatures from those groupings later on.

For example, they have two $50 pledge parts, one being the Darkreach Expansion, which I only want the Cave Spider from, and the other being fan favourites, which I would like to get the Tidal Lurker, Zombie Shark, and perhaps the Mammoth from (depending on size).

What's the best place to look for these miniatures after the kickstarter? eBay I am guessing? If anyone is getting any of the above and doesn't want or is selling any of those, could you let me know? Preference would be for people in Australia.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Someone ought to remake the Reaper Bones thread, I got angry about the Bones 3 shipping fiasco and people stopped posting, so now it's in archives

e: I'll do it as penance, give me a few

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 29, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Speaking of reaper bones, the kickstarter pledges are being made in china still, right? will they be clobbered by the tariffs come january first or do they somehow fall under something not hosed by them?

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

I wonder about that as well, since I have my "HATE" kickstarter due sometime in January, and I wonder if they're going to charge us Aussies the new 10%GST on the goods, and the US the tariff costs.

If they charge Aussies for ours and not the US for theirs, I am going to be really loving pissed, again. They screwed us over when it came to postage rates, this would be just another slap in the face...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Here, I made a new one https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3875741

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Well with 24 hours to go, Thousand Arrows is actually blowing up bigger than I thought it would. They're close to hitting both the 900 backer stretch goal for an Imjin War expansion as well as a color art upgrade. The cyberpunk hack stretch goal is still a ways off but hell, I didn't figure they'd get this much late backing in the first place so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dirtcheapdungeons/dirt-cheap-dungeons-portable-rpg-gaming-accessorie?ref=602797&token=e8a45d53

I don't remember seeing anybody link this one yet. The tokens aren't overly exciting, but the walls seem to be a good price.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Dark Project posted:

I have my Reaper 4 pledge all locked in, mostly for the larger individual buys and scenery, but I have to say I hate some of the groupings they have done for miniatures, plus the difficulty of getting individual miniatures from those groupings later on.

For example, they have two $50 pledge parts, one being the Darkreach Expansion, which I only want the Cave Spider from, and the other being fan favourites, which I would like to get the Tidal Lurker, Zombie Shark, and perhaps the Mammoth from (depending on size).

What's the best place to look for these miniatures after the kickstarter? eBay I am guessing? If anyone is getting any of the above and doesn't want or is selling any of those, could you let me know? Preference would be for people in Australia.

They eventually just come out as retail releases, don't they?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Redundant posted:

Are we talking about Reichbusters? Bust those reichs.

e: The miniatures stuff on KS is kind of getting out of hand. Gotta stand out from the crowd somehow though and having huge numbers can kind of do that I guess? Who need game play, gimme my minis.
I'm a huge sucker for Weird War II stuff and if I didn't back this then the bomb surgically implanted at the base of my skull would have gone off, so I backed the poo poo out of this without hesitation.

It helps that I like painting miniatures and these look really cool, and thanks to the insane number of stretch goals it's going to end up coming with a stupid number of them. :woop:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

I'm a huge sucker for Weird War II stuff and if I didn't back this then the bomb surgically implanted at the base of my skull would have gone off, so I backed the poo poo out of this without hesitation.

It helps that I like painting miniatures and these look really cool, and thanks to the insane number of stretch goals it's going to end up coming with a stupid number of them. :woop:

My bomb is going to blow any moment now. :(

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

They eventually just come out as retail releases, don't they?

For some of them, but I have been looking for others on the Reaper site and they don't seem to be available. Unless my search-fu is broken...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also even if they do come out as regular releases, they're often quite a bit pricier as expected than the kickstarter. The Vampire Pledge was $100 for the KS and the retail version was what, 400?

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah, pretty much this. I'd rather go looking on ebay where I might get it significantly cheaper before Reaper offers it for general sale.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
The one advantage to only backing 15mm and 1/72 miniature kickstarters is that my wallet gets to survive awesome poo poo like reichbusters.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Xenomrph posted:

Plus these are the guys that basically did Mythic Battles: Pantheon, which is a good game with a billion miniatures too. The miniature quality is very good compared to some games that feature a lot of crappy plastics.

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
Is anyone getting Pipeline?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/capstonegames/pipeline-0

I saw shut up and sit down said good things but I'm not sure if this is gonna be one of those kickstarters I'll be gutted to miss

by.a.teammate fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 2, 2018

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Bunnies and Burrows just went to backerkit to finalize shipping a few days ago, and a lot of users are being hit with what seem like pretty ridiculous shipping prices. As in $50-$80 US to ship to places like Canada and Australia, which is more than the cost of the initial hardcover pledge. Some backers are kinda pissed about it (like me, for instance.)

Never would have backed if they'd been up front about shipping costs.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Frog God always have incredibly high non-US shipping, from what I've heard. This may be justified and other companies are taking a loss or using a workaround? Or they may just not care to try to lower it.

For their Tegel KS they're slapping on an extra $15 insurance for international shipments, apparently replacing lost or damaged items has been costing them way too much.

E: just checking their online store, a fairly hefty book costs $80 to ship to the UK, but then it is a 500 page hardback. I don't buy enough stuff over the Atlantic to know how sane that is.

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 8, 2018

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I never back foreign projects unless they list their shipping costs in advance anymore. Some of them are just absurd.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Yeah, unfortunately, international shipping has gone bugfuck nuts in the last few years. I don't know if there's anything Frog God could do about it that they aren't (I think a common approach is to do a bulk shipment to a more local fulfillment company), but the raw fact that international shipping is terrible is a constant, alas.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
$50+ for a single book is absurd, even at current rates. I order a fair amount of stuff from Stateside outfits that don't have sweetheart shipping deals, and I've never seen costs that high for books or small packages.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

90s Cringe Rock posted:

E: just checking their online store, a fairly hefty book costs $80 to ship to the UK, but then it is a 500 page hardback. I don't buy enough stuff over the Atlantic to know how sane that is.

It's loving insanely high.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bieeanshee posted:

$50+ for a single book is absurd, even at current rates. I order a fair amount of stuff from Stateside outfits that don't have sweetheart shipping deals, and I've never seen costs that high for books or small packages.

The only time I've ever paid $50+ to have something shipped to me, it was airmail from Japan, and I only did it because I wanted the extra insurance.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

by.a.teammate posted:

Is anyone getting Pipeline?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/capstonegames/pipeline-0

I saw shut up and sit down said good things but I'm not sure if this is gonna be one of those kickstarters I'll be gutted to miss

Waiting for just the regular retail release from capstone. If you’re looking for heavy economic you should go for city of big shoulders instead.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

I believe for the Bunnies & Burrows one you did have the option to go for a PoD version of the book which, obviously, would come from whichever DriveThru printer was closest you, so it's not like they didn't have an option to minimise international shipping costs. Still, you have to wonder why their costs are as high as they are.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

So Spire: Strata: The Supplement for the Spire Kickstarter has a recent update that includes this:

quote:

We have a contingency fund for customs fees in the case of a very messy Brexit. Unfortunately, on this one, if our production schedule does run past March 29, we might be in a position where we need to pay customs fees for EU backers, or all sorts of other potential shenanigans. We have set aside a significant contingency fund for this, so that if something hideous does happen we will definitely be in a position to ship your books to you regardless. And, if the worst doesn’t happen and things go well, we should be in a position to reduce shipping costs across the board.

Which I primarily wanted to call out as just being pretty great of them. It's also just kind of depressing that it's even necessary to think about this kind of thing, but that's just the weird hellscape we live in.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

That Old Tree posted:

So Spire: Strata: The Supplement for the Spire Kickstarter has a recent update that includes this:

Which I primarily wanted to call out as just being pretty great of them. It's also just kind of depressing that it's even necessary to think about this kind of thing, but that's just the weird hellscape we live in.

Yeah, that gets a lot of props from me. It's a major concern on a number of my backed projects and they're the first group to actually take steps to account for it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So I got a notification that Kevin Crawford backed a thing and I think he's right.

This looks gorgeous and brilliant. One of those inventive rpg books that also serves as a gorgeous artifact.
Silent Titans

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress, I want that... but I don't think a PDF will do it justice, and I can't justify spending that kind of money on an adventure module.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Buck Wildman posted:

Yeah, that gets a lot of props from me. It's a major concern on a number of my backed projects and they're the first group to actually take steps to account for it.
Yeah. I'm especially worried about the chinese tariffs and the Reaper Bones KS that's shipping in february(a month+ after the tariffs are supposedly being enacted). If they get caught in them it might really gently caress things up for reaper and they might ask folks to foot the bill, we'll see.

I've got like 2.5k in it so I'm hoping everything goes well. :v:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

That Old Tree posted:

Yeah, that sold me on upping my pledge in backerkit. I'm just getting PDFs anyway, but good behavior like that makes me want to give them money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Upped mine too for some of the smaller expansion PDFs. Kinda want them now rather than in two months, though.