Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Arist posted:

Just wait until Barrage + Refulgent Arrow.

Empyreal Arrow will forever hold a special place in my heart because of the sound effect. It sounds like popping two caps in someone's rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Hit SMN 70 and the opener/rotation is breaking my brain

I'm a BLM this is bullshit I should only have to care about weaving OGCDs when I feel like it :colbert:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Empyreal Arrow will forever hold a special place in my heart because of the sound effect. It sounds like popping two caps in someone's rear end.

Empyreal Arrow also has one of the most satisfying animations in the game.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

ChickenWing posted:

I'm a BLM this is bullshit I should only have to care about weaving OGCDs when I feel like it :colbert:

*Laughs DRG-ously*

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Whoa, just encountered a hell of a plot twist in the Alexander quest line (though I kinda saw it coming once it was revealed they were going back in time).

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Why am I here? Just to suffer?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

ChickenWing posted:

the rotation is pretty simple if u remember these tips

- always tridisaster immediately after DWT
- wait for aetherflow to be up before going into bahamut
- after bahamut, wait till the aetherflow cd is at T-18s before going into DWT

the rest is simple priority based filler and remembering to fit 3 festers + addle + tridisaster in the bahamut window

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I really like Thunderer as a boss theme, probably in part because it sounds like music from The Dark Knight Trilogy.

But man, Eureka overused that theme. :smith:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hey i know paladin is generally considered the offtank but it is alarming how much sense that makes after i've now queued into a high level trial as one

i struggled to work it as main tank and then after i died switched to offtank and it went soooooooooo much easier god

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

SwissArmyDruid posted:

yeah but refulgant sounds like a huge loving laser gun.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

jokes posted:

RDM is God's special, perfect class and I'm ready to fight anyone that thinks another DPS class is better.

Amen. I am both excited and scared to see what might happen with it in SB2.

Like, the way they designed it, I cant imagine they'll do something like BLM where the new stuff completely rocks the rotation / playstyle, but I worry they'll find a way.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Another mana bar

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

All RDM really needs is a bit more... something to its AOE. Splitting scatter into white/black equivalents, adding a finisher if you enchanted moulinet three times, whatever.

More likely it'll probably be some finicky timer-based bullshit though like every other DPS. :geno:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RDM needs actual reasons to juggle Black and White mana instead of literally the exact same identical copies of spells except they boost the wrong mana color

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

If you use too much of one you gain the the other slower, drastically delaying your high-potency finishers? I mean it's not an exciting reason but there already is one. :shrug:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The final Alexander fight was considerably harder than the other Alexander fights, and is the first fight I've done where a bunch of resurrections were flying around during the latter half (and I had to lay off DPSing and focus on mostly healing).

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I really appreciate that this game allows me to make the Warrior of Light the kind of non-binary disaster I strive to be in real life. Not even a joke, it's actually really great.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Give every monster in the game unmentioned resistances to white or black mana actions. Guessing wrong gives you brown mana. Brown mana slows the other two’s buildup and can only be spent doing the Manderville. Emptying the brown mana bar gives you a free Verraise charge.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, black mana boosting damage and white mana boosting healing/reducing the cost of Verraise would be cool.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, black mana boosting damage and white mana boosting healing/reducing the cost of Verraise would be cool.
Why would you ever encourage an RDM to heal though

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I finally finished leveling all my caster DPS classes to 70. To celebrate, I decided to finally indulge in something I'm pretty sure every person who's played this has done at least once.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

I decided to finally indulge in something I'm pretty sure every person who's played this has done at least once.

There's no shame in visiting the bench.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

homeless snail posted:

Why would you ever encourage an RDM to heal though

I had to heal the final boss twice in HW dungeons today because rando healers are gently caress-head retarded and my stupid idiot brain said "it'll be faster to just finish the boss with me healing and DPSing than wipe and start over"

It was not.

DoubleNegative posted:

I finally finished leveling all my caster DPS classes to 70. To celebrate, I decided to finally indulge in something I'm pretty sure every person who's played this has done at least once.

I have yet to do this-- I find it's funner to be as slutty as possible. Especially as a male character. It feels less.. appropriate as a female character-- like that's what the pubbies want.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

onesixtwo posted:

I personally make use of https://xivhunt.net/Client , it has a built in /perform function. You make text files, point it to the directory, and it will do the performance.

The text files are super easy to make, I pulled from https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/wiki/perform and did some find/replace to add in the pauses, and re-formatting the octave changes so they were compatible with xivhunt. They look like this when done:
Victory theme:
C (+1), w200, C (+1), w200, C (+1), w200, C (+1), G♯, B♭, C (+1), w350, B♭, w300, C (+1)

Zanarkland:
E (+1), w600, E, w600, G, w600, B, w600, E (+1), w600, F# (+1), w600, G (+1), w1800, D (+1), w600, D, w600, F#, w600, A, w600, D (+1), w600, E (+1), w600, F# (+1), w1800, B, w600, B, w600, B, w600, B, w600, A, w600, D (+1), w600, F#, w600, F# (-1), w1800, B (-1), w600, C#, w600, D, w600, F#, w1800, E (+1), w600, E (+1), w600, E (+1), w600, E (+1), w600, D (+1), w600, G (+1), w600, C (+1), w600, C (-1), w600, F (-1), w600, G (-1), w600, A (-1), w600, C, w600, F, w600, C, w600, F, w600, G, w600, A, w600, C (+1), w1800, E, w600, B (-1), w600, E, w600, F#, w600, G, w600, F#, w600, E, w600, D, w600, E, w600, D, w600, B (-1), w1800, E, w600, B (-1), w600, E, w600, F#, w600, G, w600, F#, w600, G, w600, A, w600, G, w600, A, w600, B, w1800, E, w600, B (-1), w600, E, w600, F#, w600, G, w600, F#, w600, E, w600, D, w600, E, w600, D, w600, B (-1), w1800, G (-1), w600, A (-1), w600, B (-1), w600, B (-1), w600, B (-1), w600, B (-1), w600, A (-1), w600, D, w600, G (-1), w600, G (-1), w600, F# (-1), w600, D (-1), w600, E (-1)

But there is also this, a midi player I haven't messed with yet: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxivperformances/comments/9qisj9/release_bard_music_player/

Oh awesome, thank you, this looks fantastic!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

DoubleNegative posted:

Which hat is that, anyway? There are a bunch similar to it, but that one always has just the right look to it and I never catch which one it is.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Looks like the vanya hat of casting, I think?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
That's the Vanya Hat of Casting.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

jokes posted:

RDM is God's special, perfect class and I'm ready to fight anyone that thinks another DPS class is better.

I quickly came to main RDM after trying it out and I love it. When I can get everything moving smoothly, hitting as few Jolts as possible and diving in and out of melee it's just awesome.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Leofish posted:

I quickly came to main RDM after trying it out and I love it. When I can get everything moving smoothly, hitting as few Jolts as possible and diving in and out of melee it's just awesome.

I confess I am one of those people that say "I love RDM" and also backflip off the ledge while fighting Titan. It is only appropriate that after playing DRG and backflipping/jumping to my death, I switch to the only other class that does so with the same flair.

I don't count BRD's jump.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RDM is a snoozefest to me. Also as a physical ranged DPS main cast bars are anathema to me, even if they're only there half the time.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ibblebibble posted:

RDM is a snoozefest to me. Also as a physical ranged DPS main cast bars are anathema to me, even if they're only there half the time.

In the long run a cast bar is just a GCD but you can't move between them. RDM at least can move half the time they're casting spells before blending dudes with the rapier combo, and their other cool/flashy moves.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I like RDM specifically because I can take it easy and sort of turn my brain off and still perform well, as opposed to BRD which is basically a constant mental effort to keep track of everything (in a good way)

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Just got billed for my Encyclopaedia Eorzea vol 2. I don't think there's such a big rush for this volume

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Both volumes are back in stock, so it's probably a restock.

I didn't know you could force an order to debit before the release date, that's a nice feature.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

queeb posted:

Another mana bar

Blue mana.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Just noticed all the bunny girls at the entrance of the Gold Saucer are highladies. Godbert really is exploiting using Ala Mhighan refugees where ever he can.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
RDM is pure and perfect and it horrifies that sickos want to taint it with their bad backseat programmer ideas.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

for me RDM is the job that I feel the safest going into stuff blind with so if a patch hits I'll swap over to it for a while until i know how to do stuff. seems like a lot of other people tend to have the same idea.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
RDM is the perfect "My FC capped 1 hour into reset and I have to play with pubs" class. Bad party members who can't stay alive? They get a rez thrown on them within half a second cause I saw it coming. Vulnerability stacks cause they can't not get hit by stuff? Apocatastasis. Healer bad and died? Rezed and a mana shift to get them back in the game. Everyone bad and getting vuln stacks? Addle. Healer bad with throwing heals? Vercure. Tank got like 5 stacks of poison? Erase.

And looking god drat fly while I carry the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Leal posted:

RDM is the perfect "My FC capped 1 hour into reset and I have to play with pubs" class. Bad party members who can't stay alive? They get a rez thrown on them within half a second cause I saw it coming. Vulnerability stacks cause they can't not get hit by stuff? Apocatastasis. Healer bad and died? Rezed and a mana shift to get them back in the game. Everyone bad and getting vuln stacks? Addle. Healer bad with throwing heals? Vercure. Tank got like 5 stacks of poison? Erase.

And looking god drat fly while I carry the party.

O commends