Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The moral of the story is that you don't need to go for world record in everything you do, and you can in fact go back for some safety strats, especially when you're on such a prominent stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

this whole mess could have been avoided if they didn't try to answer the problem as soon as humanly possible but then they wouldn't be a speedrun organization wouldn't they

i know basically those exact words have already been said but i am astounded that they just shrugged and went "idk" and within the next hour tons of other people shoved more evidence in their hands they couldn't be bothered to find in the first place

:emptyquote:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
question: are they just banned from "representing gdq" or are they banned from the premises?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

this whole mess could have been avoided if they didn't try to answer the problem as soon as humanly possible but then they wouldn't be a speedrun organization wouldn't they

lol

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Kaubocks posted:

i know basically those exact words have already been said but i am astounded that they just shrugged and went "idk" and within the next hour tons of other people shoved more evidence in their hands they couldn't be bothered to find in the first place

Teddybear posted:

The moral of the story is that you don't need to go for world record in everything you do, and you can in fact go back for some safety strats, especially when you're on such a prominent stage.

They failed the skip and lost 3 hours.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

DoctorWhat posted:

question: are they just banned from "representing gdq" or are they banned from the premises?

:iiam:

tbh it’s probably officially a run ban and GDQ hopes it’ll be a “we won’t ban them from attending as long as they don’t try to show up” kind of situation

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

DoctorWhat posted:

Being visible on stream at all counts as "representing GDQ".

I mean, it ain't like GDQ is legally allowed to bar them from showing up to the hotel.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

DoctorWhat posted:

Take the W.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
https://twitter.com/graviton29/status/1067651076713791489

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wouldn't expect them to raise a stink about banning them from the premises but i get the feeling they won't want to show up anyways at this point

maybe they can hit up naeglaria, lmao

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/Brossentia/status/1067652434313375744

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

SeXReX posted:

Power Up With Pride just announced the schedule for their winter marathon coming up December 6-9, lots of fun stuff in here, should be a blast.

https://horaro.org/wp18/schedule

Totally random reminder that this event that supports lgbt+ youth is in a little over a week

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Stokes posted:

Take the W.

it's not a win if they can still show up and make attendees unsafe.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

it's not a win if they can still show up and make attendees unsafe.

They can't ban them from the hotel unless they get a restraining order man

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

fool_of_sound posted:

They can't ban them from the hotel unless they get a restraining order man

They can ban them from the attached convention center where the marathon is being held.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

https://twitter.com/graviton29/status/1067654318898204672

good riddance

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Brossentia is a treasure.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad that GDQ manned up and took care of it. Still concerning that they tried to bury the issue, but as long as the community keeps pressure on them we can force them to change.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad that GDQ manned up and took care of it. Still concerning that they tried to bury the issue, but as long as the community keeps pressure on them we can force them to change.

https://twitter.com/connorsgarters/status/1067656272751878144

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
anyway coolmatty hire an actual pr person and also maybe an inclusivity rep on top of that

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

A successful goon project that we can put on the shelf along with getting reddit to ban the pedos.

Ban all Nazis from everything imo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Between this and the manafort trap today, this has been an extremely satisfying day for seeing chuds self-destruct.

Now like, PJ or mecharichter or someone else really cool will milkshake duck themselves because we live in the hell dimension.

lol hell yeah

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
realtalk this won't be enough in people's eyes unless they issue a public, official statement on how much they hosed up the messaging on this and how they will do better

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
yeah there we go it just took like 3 hours extra

Idk, I've seen worse response times. I am completely bewildered by the initial, swift dismissal though. They don't normally tweet about this stuff at all. Why address that one so quickly?

not gonna lie though I was operating under the assumption GDQ/speedrunners at large didn't give a poo poo at all, The Elite is a public forum and that poo poo is just plastered all over that loving place. It's not that hard to find. Better late than never, I suppose.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
save the frames, kill the nazis

looks like gdq didn't understand the grav of the situation at first

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

yeah there we go it just took like 3 hours extra

Idk, I've seen worse response times. I am completely bewildered by the initial, swift dismissal though. They don't normally tweet about this stuff at all. Why address that one so quickly?

not gonna lie though I was operating under the assumption GDQ/speedrunners at large didn't give a poo poo at all, The Elite is a public forum and that poo poo is just plastered all over that loving place. It's not that hard to find. Better late than never, I suppose.
This is good because it scares the roaches back into the shadows. If they're paranoid of getting found out and barred from events like gdq, then they are less likely to openly spout antisemitic, homophobic, racist remarks so freely. Either they'll self reflect or scuttle into one of the small chud enclaves, either way it's good for the community.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm interested to know what happened with KevinDDR? Only screenshot I saw was him talking about himself being fat, nothing offensive. Did I miss something?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
KevinDDR is a friend of mine and from my understanding that is pretty much the only participation in that mess they had was the posted line; they also tweeted directly at gdq about how they handled it

https://twitter.com/KevinDDR/status/1067617495014563840

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TeaJay posted:

I'm interested to know what happened with KevinDDR? Only screenshot I saw was him talking about himself being fat, nothing offensive. Did I miss something?
i'm just speculating but considering he called GDQ spineless fucks for not taking action initially, i'm assuming he attempted to corroborate pizzaparty's tweets and got ignored and then GDQ's "differing opinions" tweet happened

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Ah yeah, that makes sense.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I was made party to information about Kevin's involvement and let's just say he's a stand-up dude who went above and beyond behind-the-scenes all the way through this situation at not insignificant risk.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

https://twitter.com/RWhiteGoose/status/1067707564689776642

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
What a crock of poo poo that is.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

"poo poo i got caught"

gently caress youuuuu

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If they dont represent his current values why was he still tweeting NPC memes last month

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH

Zamujasa posted:

KevinDDR is a friend of mine and from my understanding that is pretty much the only participation in that mess they had was the posted line; they also tweeted directly at gdq about how they handled it

https://twitter.com/KevinDDR/status/1067617495014563840

This is a big relief! KevinDDR is awesome and I'm gonna go check out his Perfect Dark runs.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Should start GDQ off with a Wolfenstein 3D run to set the tone right.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
awful nazis punched quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Thank god kevinddr isnt a douchebag. Lol at the guy scrubbing his "muslims loving sucks" posts. Also gently caress goose, dumbass idiot.