Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Rimworld: No, It's Never Going On Sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I liked

Rimworld: Do colonists notice if you put human meat in their pemmican? I have too many corpses and not enough dogs

maybe too long, but the component bits are also good.

Someone also posted Rimworld: She only made it through the winter thanks to some cocaine that fell from space once :D

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Keeshhound posted:

The cold debuff is -40% work speed, which would probably be offset by not having to carry meat to the freezer (and by not having random food poisonings.)

Like, even if it being in the freezer made butchering take twice as long it would still be worth it to not have colonists getting effectively turned into barely mobile portals to the vomit dimension.

Agreed. Butchering isn't usually a time intensive thing anyway, except maybe after an infestation or manhunter pack. Having the frozen corpses and frozen meat right next to the table instead of constantly having to go through a door to another room easily offsets the work speed penalty. Doors are the devil.

The real cost is having to have a larger freezer room requiring more electricity to cool, but that's only really an issue very early on.

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Tias posted:

I liked

Rimworld: Do colonists notice if you put human meat in their pemmican? I have too many corpses and not enough dogs

maybe too long, but the component bits are also good.

Someone also posted Rimworld: She only made it through the winter thanks to some cocaine that fell from space once :D

Rimworld: I can't believe I wasn't adding and removing feet before this.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Flesh Forge posted:

Food poisoning is really excessive, the victim gets hit with:
-5 Sick
-10 Severe pain
varying, often large large malus due to of hunger
varying "ugly environment" malus due to seeing all the barf

Mental breaks are pretty frequent, like, you ate a bad bowl of boiled rice and you decide now, NOW is the time you need to murder that fucker Bob who's been on your nerves all week

Food poisoning is pretty debilitating in real life. Fountains coming out of both ends and you can barely walk across the room. I'd complain that it's a little too common in game when you do everything right, but honestly it could be a lot more common.

A stack of plain meals falls from the sky and lays on the ground for half a day until your dogs haul them to the freezer. No one is interested in sky meals since you have fine meals of your own. A while later the power goes out for 2 days, your freezer slowly goes from frozen to refrigerated to warm, then back to frozen. Sometime later a bzzt takes out power to the area for another half a day and the meals thaw and freeze again. Finally you run out of fine meals and people start eating the thrice frozen gifts from the heavens. This is fine.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
All that's fine, I'm not complaining about it or saying it's unrealistic.

e: well maybe the "went insane and murdered people because I ate bad food" part but otherwise :shrug:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

Food poisoning is pretty debilitating in real life. Fountains coming out of both ends and you can barely walk across the room. I'd complain that it's a little too common in game when you do everything right, but honestly it could be a lot more common.

A stack of plain meals falls from the sky and lays on the ground for half a day until your dogs haul them to the freezer. No one is interested in sky meals since you have fine meals of your own. A while later the power goes out for 2 days, your freezer slowly goes from frozen to refrigerated to warm, then back to frozen. Sometime later a bzzt takes out power to the area for another half a day and the meals thaw and freeze again. Finally you run out of fine meals and people start eating the thrice frozen gifts from the heavens. This is fine.

Also, pawns just straight up grab fully frozen meals and go chow down instantly without thawing them or anything. I demand space microwaves for full realism :colbert:

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

e: well maybe the "went insane and murdered people because I ate bad food" part but otherwise :shrug:

That's the most realistic part. Haven't you ever worked in food service?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Flesh Forge posted:

All that's fine, I'm not complaining about it or saying it's unrealistic.

I just think it's funny. Oh no, don't gnaw on that raw cob of corn, that could make you sick! Here, eat this meal the dog found out by the swamp instead.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Really it's more like kosher or halal "unclean" than anything super realistic

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I had food poisoning last year and between constant vomiting and toilet use, the only thing I could keep down was pedialyte. It was horrible.

I do like the minifridge mod so that I can at least keep the food outside of the ingredients storage and my colonists won't heat up the freezer by constantly going in and out cooking/grabbing meals.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
If I have ingredient stockpiles near my crafting stations, how can I avoid having pawns top them off as the crafter uses the resource up? Seems really inefficient, especially because I'm using stackxxl with 750-size stacks.

Edit: I think I can resolve this with stockpile priority. Start at critical until it's filled up and then set to low while the crafter is working.

jerman999 fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 27, 2018

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Rimworld Search Agency now includes hauling hysteresis, which lets you set stockpile minimums before refill.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Rimworld: There is a mod for that.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Rimworld: my crack team of space wizard vampire scientists annihilated by turtles

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Rimworld: my crack addicted team of space wizard vampire scientists annihilated by dinosaur turtles

ftfy

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Rimworld: there's a recipe at the butcher table for that

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

boar guy posted:

Rimworld: No, It's Never Going On Sale

Honestly this one's my favorite

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Appropriate, as my dinosaur turtle genetic hybrid broke into the larder and slammed all of my syrup

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Food poisoning is really excessive, the victim gets hit with:
-5 Sick
-10 Severe pain
varying, often large large malus due to of hunger
varying "ugly environment" malus due to seeing all the barf

Mental breaks are pretty frequent, like, you ate a bad bowl of boiled rice and you decide now, NOW is the time you need to murder that fucker Bob who's been on your nerves all week

As someone who has had food poisoning from bad tacos, I believe my high pressure vomiting agrees with Tynan's implementation.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

We SHOULD get a new thread title now that 1.0 is out. What's the 1.0est thread title you guys can think of

Rimworld: Sixteen Pigs

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I have a weird rear end motherfucking problem.

All my pets are stoned on edibles. I got a mod that implements a marijuana industry. Entire mod is 100% "POT WILL FIX EVERYTHING". I want to make some brownies, so I set "Infused Butter" to unlimited. Lots of bud mixed with milk.

Turns out the butter is flagged for trainer food. So all my animals are being trained with raw pot butter. This is making them all sick and stoned. My message screen is yellow letter notifications that "So and So has Edible Sickness. Cause: Large Edible Tolerance (MASSIVE)". STOP FEEDING THE BOOMALOPES POT BUTTER YOU FUCKS.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Donkringel posted:

I have a weird rear end motherfucking problem.

All my pets are stoned on edibles. I got a mod that implements a marijuana industry. Entire mod is 100% "POT WILL FIX EVERYTHING". I want to make some brownies, so I set "Infused Butter" to unlimited. Lots of bud mixed with milk.

Turns out the butter is flagged for trainer food. So all my animals are being trained with raw pot butter. This is making them all sick and stoned. My message screen is yellow letter notifications that "So and So has Edible Sickness. Cause: Large Edible Tolerance (MASSIVE)". STOP FEEDING THE BOOMALOPES POT BUTTER YOU FUCKS.
You must now employ the Rimworld standard mistake disposal technique

1. Move all of your evidence of your mistake (butter) to a stockpile on a big pad of concrete or outside your stone wall

2. Forbid the mistake

3. De-home zone the area

4. Molotov

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Complications posted:

You must now employ the Rimworld standard mistake disposal technique

1. Move all of your evidence of your mistake (butter) to a stockpile on a big pad of concrete or outside your stone wall

2. Forbid the mistake

3. De-home zone the area

4. Molotov

But I want to make pot brownies and sell them for advanced components so I can churn out overpowered android people.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I had a bunch of my dogs start spontaneously going manhunter and I couldn't figure out why at first, until I realized the trainers were using deep one meat as positive reinforcement, and all of my animals were extremely insane.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Rimworld: Strip the wild man, tame the wild man.

What am I supposed to do about prisoners with like 90 recruitment difficulty, etc.? Just let them go? Kill them? Let them die from starvation?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Dagon accepts gifts of all kinds

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Donkringel posted:

But I want to make pot brownies and sell them for advanced components so I can churn out overpowered android people.
Just sell crack like a normal person

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

jokes posted:

Rimworld: Strip the wild man, tame the wild man.

What am I supposed to do about prisoners with like 90 recruitment difficulty, etc.? Just let them go? Kill them? Let them die from starvation?

90 difficulty isn't really bad or abnormal.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Flesh Forge posted:

90 difficulty isn't really bad or abnormal.

But I can only reduce it by, like, 1.5 a day. So I'm expected to take care of this nerd for, what, a full year before he joins? Sheesh.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Oh, RESISTANCE. That's high but eh, it's finite. As noted, the Great Old Ones welcome all

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

jokes posted:

But I can only reduce it by, like, 1.5 a day. So I'm expected to take care of this nerd for, what, a full year before he joins? Sheesh.

You'll get better results using a nicer prison. And it's social training for your wardens.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

jokes posted:

Rimworld: Strip the wild man, tame the wild man

What's this "taming" you speak of? That's free meals/hats walking around my base.

Also, I found a male misandrist. Talk about self-loathing issues.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Rimworld: STOP FEEDING THE BOOMALOPES POT BUTTER YOU FUCKS

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I had a bunch of my dogs start spontaneously going manhunter and I couldn't figure out why at first, until I realized the trainers were using deep one meat as positive reinforcement, and all of my animals were extremely insane.

Yeah, one tough winter I realized that I didn't have enough food to feed both my huge coop and my colony, but I didn't want to slaughter my extremely productive army of chickens. So I figured that animals can't get mental breaks from insanity and feeling extremely smug, I put all my chickens on diet of simple meals made from Dark Young meat. Fast forward 10 days and my colony almost died, because most of my 50 extremely insane chickens went berserk.

So yeah, don't feed you pets with meals made from eldritch abominations beyond the stars.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

mauman posted:

Also, I found a male misandrist. Talk about self-loathing issues.

Which mod adds gender reassignment surgery? Are there be diplomatic repercussions for a mono-gender colony that forcibly reassigns captured enemies before releasing them?

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I forget which mod it is but you can absolutely do that. I wish it had some incredible permanent -1000 mood modifiers when done to prisoners because that would make catch and release the most fun game of all time.

Waiting for the next raid and the inevitable human timebombs would be hilarious.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

isndl posted:

Which mod adds gender reassignment surgery? Are there be diplomatic repercussions for a mono-gender colony that forcibly reassigns captured enemies before releasing them?

Surgical Body Shaping does it! Nothing deeper than being able to modify pawns though.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I'm stuck in that rut where I've run out of Components and don't have the research to make them yet (but soon). These poor saps are stuck watching a black and white TV, huddled around one of the few AC units during a heatwave.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Lucky bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Rimworld: Goddamn cats drank all my beer again