Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Wat Stories, especially the norwegian one are short but sweet, and they all have optional sneaking sections that are fun imo. Theres some really cool set pieces in all of them that i hope Dice reuse in future mp maps/the upcoming co-op mode.

Also the Chauchat makes a reappearance in the colonial french story

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

I thought the War Stories were too short, too similar, and ultimately meaningless.

That said, I enjoyed the skiing.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Was going to wait to see how the rest of the content turned (mostly Firestorm) out but for $30 I could not pass on that good a deal. Put in a couple of hours and yep game is fun.

Feel free to add me. PSN: theyear1500

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
We played lots of Titanfall together Ineffible so I added you to my friends list again. Probably will pick this up today.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Rad Valtar posted:

We played lots of Titanfall together Ineffible so I added you to my friends list again. Probably will pick this up today.

Got your invite. I also help maintain the goon platoon (our tag is [butt]) so apply for it and I'll get you in so you can just party up with butt members anytime one is on.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

War Stories is weird because they are just too short to get invested in the characters. Mud and the Blood (sp? The tank one) in BF1 was great because the team actually did stuff over several different areas. You also got attached to the crew mechanically since they had you get out and walk with the tank doing the hammer to your anvil. The whole of BFV is more like The Runner, where you are introduced to a character, one mission later comes a huge character change, and them the game is over.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Weird that this is on sale for $30 - makes me a little nervous about the game's future

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Rorobb posted:

Weird that this is on sale for $30 - makes me a little nervous about the game's future

I view it as a positive:

They're going for proliferation,

At 30 bux, I think they aim to build as large a playerbase as possible, then

Microtransactions?

Idk, I got nothing.

All I can see is the larger a player base the better for online gaming and lifespan of this game

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Bananana posted:

I view it as a positive:

They're going for proliferation,

At 30 bux, I think they aim to build as large a playerbase as possible, then

Microtransactions?

Idk, I got nothing.

All I can see is the larger a player base the better for online gaming and lifespan of this game

They aren't selling map packs, right? I guess it's cosmetics for us.

WWTF2

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I bought the game. Haven't played a shooter online on a console in forever so I'm ready for teens to kick my rear end

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

BFV is not finished. You are paying for a early access / alpha game.

But maybe 30$ is the right price for a early access game. Minecraft and other early access games start with a low price tag, and then raise it later.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Is that $30 price only in america? I'd like to get my friends into this game and that price is too low for them to resist.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Tei posted:

But maybe 30$ is the right price for a early access game. Minecraft and other early access games start with a low price tag, and then raise it later.

I completely understand where you are coming from. BF games have, historically, been absolutely atrocious at launch. This one is way smoother, but it is missing some campaigns and one (or more?) of the game modes.

Honestly, I found the gunplay and changes to be refreshing enough to not care that this game has been piecemealed.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Tei posted:

My man I wouldn't heap this criticism on BFV when you've been defending FO76, a game that I, too, enjoy, as much as you have

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Ineffiable posted:

Got your invite. I also help maintain the goon platoon (our tag is [butt]) so apply for it and I'll get you in so you can just party up with butt members anytime one is on.

I have applied for Butt, getting the game later will be ready to throw medpacks at your Butt tonight.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Fuuuck that Target deal is tempting. I was hoping for a good sale on PSN before Christmas so Id have a little time for Red Dead Online.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
If anyone wants to add me from the Butt clan my PSN is RadValtar.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Fuuuck that Target deal is tempting. I was hoping for a good sale on PSN before Christmas so Id have a little time for Red Dead Online.

Red Dead Online is going to a poo poo show and you know it. GTAO barely functioned for months, and then they put everything behind a horrible grind and Shark Cards.

You know they're going to do the same to RDR2. I have no interest in the online.

In Summation: Get Battlefield?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Fuuuck that Target deal is tempting. I was hoping for a good sale on PSN before Christmas so I’d have a little time for Red Dead Online.

I gots to shout out to the goon who tipped us off about the 30 target. and the best buy steel book with price match.
Just picked up both from best buy for the wife. Squad mate nuptials.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah red dead online looks dope but it will be unplayable until at least next year. Shootymans will suffice for now.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

Rad Valtar posted:

If anyone wants to add me from the Butt clan my PSN is RadValtar.

Will add you when I get home. PSN Warugado.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Applied for [BUTT] as Camrath_kizuka.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lawnie posted:

Yeah red dead online looks dope but it will be unplayable until at least next year. Shootymans will suffice for now.

It's very stable and fine? A bit boring maybe.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It's very stable and fine? A bit boring maybe.

No poo poo? Because GTA online, as others have said, just did not work for a long time after release.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I still need accepted to the butt clan if someone could do that for me.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Rad Valtar posted:

I still need accepted to the butt clan if someone could do that for me.

Just took care of you and the other dude on this page not too long ago.

Enjoy your new found buttness

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
E: beaten

You were already in by the time I checked but I accepted any pending applications and cleared out a couple more spots. If I mistakenly kicked anyone just reapply. Thinking about going back to the OG gun butt emblem.

Also I bought the game :woop:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Ineffiable posted:

How do you even team up with other clan members? All it shows me is my friends and the clan Im in with no way to play with other clan members.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lawnie posted:

No poo poo? Because GTA online, as others have said, just did not work for a long time after release.

Yeah there are a few weird glitches, mostly involving clothing, but otherwise seems pretty ok.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

How do you even team up with other clan members? All it shows me is my friends and the clan I’m in with no way to play with other clan members.

You can press circle at the main menu to get to the Battlefield menu.

Go to platoon and it'll show any platoon members in a game.

Nov 3, 2015

I keep trying to play scout but when every I scope in the white fog descends and it is harder to see, and sometime can't see anything. I am finding it easier to snipe with assault than with the scout.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I got kicked from the Butt Squad :(

My PSN is Kovacs_Glass

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

1500 posted:

I keep trying to play scout but when every I scope in the white fog descends and it is harder to see, and sometime can't see anything. I am finding it easier to snipe with assault than with the scout.

Other than the spawn beacon, is there really much point to play scout outside of completing assignments?

Wanna snipe? G43 as assault has you covered, and you get anti armour capabilities as a bonus.

Wanna spot? Bren gun with machine gunner specialty, marking anyone and everyone to rack up sweet suppression/spot/assist/murder points. Also mines in both flavours.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Fog/dust is a snipers dream actually. Just sweep an area with the spotting glass and then start shooting at the red dots.

Nov 3, 2015

Noctone posted:

Fog/dust is a snipers dream actually. Just sweep an area with the spotting glass and then start shooting at the red dots.

The problem is that I can actually see enemies further away, and clearly, when not scoped. But everything disappears into a white haze when I try to use the sniper rifles. I just was not sure if this was intended (not sure why it would be), or a bug on my end.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

1500 posted:

The problem is that I can actually see enemies further away, and clearly, when not scoped. But everything disappears into a white haze when I try to use the sniper rifles. I just was not sure if this was intended (not sure why it would be), or a bug on my end.

Nah its not just you, Ive seen that exact same thing.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
on PS4 and havent played a shooter in years

Cannot wait to die

Friended a few of you already. Im Baby_Skeletons

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

StevoMcQueen posted:

Wanna spot? Bren gun with machine gunner specialty, marking anyone and everyone to rack up sweet suppression/spot/assist/murder points. Also mines in both flavours.

Im really feeling this playstyle and spec in general. I just switched my supports to it. Now I just need to try to break away from the KE7 for something better suited for the spec.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m really feeling this playstyle and spec in general. I just switched my supports to it. Now I just need to try to break away from the KE7 for something better suited for the spec.

My friend, have you heard of our lord and savior, the MG42?
I'll just leave you with this pamphlet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m really feeling this playstyle and spec in general. I just switched my supports to it. Now I just need to try to break away from the KE7 for something better suited for the spec.

I find it depends on the map/gametype.

KE7/Bren is ideal when you need to run and gun between points before setting up shop, as they're viable bullet hoses even while standing.

But if I'm defending on grand operations or similar, and know the enemy have a specific field to come from, I'll switch over to the MG34 and set up shop with the bipod. Did it yesterday on Arras, just sweeping back and forth across the field, tagging peeps as they ran through to be picked off.