Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmfao, Id rather be plying Red Dead than this loving BABY poo poo. Dear lord, lol have some loving dignity dude

5 mins later: genuinely sobbing at the Ch 18 [sopoiler]somebody’s poisoned the watering hole! reach for the sky!

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Wormskull posted:

Honey, you gotta talk poo poo back.

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmfao, Id rather be plying Red Dead than this loving BABY poo poo. Dear lord, lol have some loving dignity dude

5 mins later: genuinely sobbing at the Ch 18 [sopoiler]somebody’s poisoned the watering hole! reach for the sky!

lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Oh, honey. sweetie. babydoll. you have to assERT yourself

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

b_d posted:

Oh, honey. sweetie. babydoll. you have to assERT yourself

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the new pokemon's good, btw. you can poke pikachu in the eye and he makes a little squinty face. it's the Game Of The Year, in fact.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GameCube posted:

the new pokemon's good, btw. you can poke pikachu in the eye and he makes a little squinty face. it's the Game Of The Year, in fact.
Don't do this.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

GameCube posted:

American McGay posted:

Don't do this.

yeah wtf

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna do a little spiel here cause I talked a lot of poo poo about it in the other thread. my brother bought it so I've been playing and i'd feel like a jackass if I paid for this.

all the qol changes are very welcome (no HMs, switching pokes wherever, no more random encounters) but it's souless and the art is very flat and bland. it was clearly a 3DS game they pushed onto the switch late in development with a 60$ pricetag but sun&moon has a way better aesthetic. The goofy funny writing from sun&moon is gone, every NPC in the world exists to say "Did you know traded pokemon grow much faster?" with very few exceptions. The catching system starts off as a cute satisfying minigame but becomes a nightmare in the mid-late game when every pokemon constantly bounces around and take 20 perfect ultraballs to catch, and the items that calm them are very scarce and can't just be purchased at a shop because ???. everything else is just base r/b. they didn't gut the game like people have been saying, but besides the qol stuff they didn't shake up or improve anything either. Pokemon tower with 80 trainers next to eachother that all throw 3 gastlies at you? still there. Silph tower with 1,000 wheezing fights? still there, untouched, intact.

ninty had a chance to reimagine one of the most iconic, generation defining games of that decade and they delivered something that took the least amount of effort possible and just sort of gets the job done. if you love pokemon it's fine and nothing more. i pray the next game is nothing at all like this though but it probably will be now that they know they can get away with it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i really doubt that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I also doubt that Bob's "brother" bought the game that he had been endlessly flaming in this very thread.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

I also doubt that Bob's "brother" bought the game that he had been endlessly flaming in this very thread.

my brother is a pokemaniac and this and FIFA are the only games he will play e: I thought i was posting in the nintendo thread and realized how dumb the bump that guy did was lmao

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 28, 2018

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

did yall ever play the pokemon ranger games bob

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The heck, who left Pokemon Go U under my pillow! Best day ever.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

did yall ever play the pokemon ranger games bob

idk what that is lol. weve only ever played the traditional games, i know theres games where you play as the pokemon and stuff

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you guuuyyss!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

What's a zoomer

extremebuff posted:

gonna do a little spiel here cause I talked a lot of poo poo about it in the other thread. my brother bought it so I've been playing and i'd feel like a jackass if I paid for this.

all the qol changes are very welcome (no HMs, switching pokes wherever, no more random encounters) but it's souless and the art is very flat and bland. it was clearly a 3DS game they pushed onto the switch late in development with a 60$ pricetag but sun&moon has a way better aesthetic. The goofy funny writing from sun&moon is gone, every NPC in the world exists to say "Did you know traded pokemon grow much faster?" with very few exceptions. The catching system starts off as a cute satisfying minigame but becomes a nightmare in the mid-late game when every pokemon constantly bounces around and take 20 perfect ultraballs to catch, and the items that calm them are very scarce and can't just be purchased at a shop because ???. everything else is just base r/b. they didn't gut the game like people have been saying, but besides the qol stuff they didn't shake up or improve anything either. Pokemon tower with 80 trainers next to eachother that all throw 3 gastlies at you? still there. Silph tower with 1,000 wheezing fights? still there, untouched, intact.

ninty had a chance to reimagine one of the most iconic, generation defining games of that decade and they delivered something that took the least amount of effort possible and just sort of gets the job done. if you love pokemon it's fine and nothing more. i pray the next game is nothing at all like this though but it probably will be now that they know they can get away with it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*sips pomegranate mango monster* alright bitches, Pokemon Babiez U is legit. come at me

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*sips pomegranate mango monster* alright bitches, Pokemon Babiez U is legit. come at me

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't they get rid of HMs multiple gens ago. Since Omega/Alpha.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Didn't they get rid of HMs multiple gens ago. Since Omega/Alpha.

sun/moon. took em a while

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

GameCube posted:

Good to know. Thank you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff posted:

Don’t do this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao at complaining about what Pokémon the trainers have.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bitch!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

i really doubt that

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Man in crowd at 4 hour Mussolini speech: I really doubt that.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Lmfao at complaining about what Pokémon the trainers have.

Cool. Another Ghastly. That's cool. (getting louder) Makes sense for every loving trainer on Route 9 to have 5 motherFUCking Ghastlys. Nice design dude. Where's the loving challenge.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

[official to crowd of ugandans] please welcome your leader, His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular

elf help book: i really doubt that

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

[official to crowd of ugandans] please welcome your leader, His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I'm glad to see that we've finally reached the consensus that the new Pokémon game is, for the lack of a better word, good.