Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Anybody having sound issues now? It seems like the weapon sounds don't work half the time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

spacetoaster posted:

Anybody having sound issues now? It seems like the weapon sounds don't work half the time now.

I haven't noticed any problems with the weapons sounds, but for some reason in this mission to destroy a base it always says the voice lines for missing the buildings even when I hit them.

edit: it does do the correct sound when I destroy them

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 28, 2018

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Same here. And the other bug with the buildings happened before this patch.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Flashpoints are definitely kind of a midgame thing. So far the lowest I've seen is 2.5 skulls, and most higher than that. The rewards I've seen so far are Uncommon Items, Rare Items, Rare Mech, and Lostech. I did a 3 skull one for the rare mech, and had to withdraw on the second mission because my lance had been worn down by the time the last objective rolled around. I couldn't repair in between missions but luckily managed to salvage a blackhawk from the first battle to immediately put into service for the second mission. (It had paper thin armor configurations and was the first to eject.)

It's pretty rough in career mode because even getting to a stable of mediums is time consuming and that's just a little more than minimum for the flashpoint I did. Two lights and two mediums is probably the weakest you could go, if the mission doesn't allow repairs in between.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Wow did they change how missions are given? I went to to bed only seeing 2 1/2 -3 skulls, where a 3 skull MAY have a heavy mech, to 3-4 skulls where I'm fighting multiple heavies and I even got an assault! I poo poo the bed when a 3 skull assassinate had a highlander, 2 quickdraws, an orion, and some mediums. I ran away from after pilot incapacitating the highlander and my main character got head capped by the orion.

Jesus that was scary.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I haven't actually made it to the point in the campaign where you could grab one, but I checked out the Cyclops in a skirmish.

Battle Computers are a hell of a thing :stare:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Still haven't had a chance to continue White Lies, anyone had a chance to see either what the two choices do or got any hints as to who the mysterious figure is?

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

https://github.com/Mpstark/BetterAI/releases/tag/v1.3.3

Here's my hotfix 1.3 release. The stock AI seems changed for the better, it's not acting quite the same in Better AI and I will probably need to go back to baseline values and work from there. But in the meantime, this works with the current ModTek and 1.3.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Pycckuu posted:

Does Flashpoint add anything to the original campaign, or is it mainly structured around the career mode? Also, are flashpoints available during the regular campaign or do they start popping up at the end after you finish everything?

The flashpoint missions -- which are the real new content in the expansion -- show up in campaign mode. I think there are quite a few that you need to have finished the campaign for them to show up, because they're in the IS territory you can't access until the end.

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerously Dexterous Dongs
The game is kinda broken now with this new patch :(. It takes 10 minutes to start up initially, and when I finally got a flashpoint mission started in my post-campaign game I had the menus you see in the Argo in between missions over laying the the actual combat mission. Complete with Argo chatter. And a bunch of missing textures for vehicles.

If I do a clean install am I going to lose my saved games?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

FWIW I’m not seeing any of those issues. I’m not saying you aren’t and I understand it sucks, but I don’t think it’s a blanket issue with a bad patch. Were you heavily modded before? It looks like some of the mods have some trouble being uninstalled.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My first two runs I had my company's colors as green and gold then blue and black, this one is dark yellow and rust red with white accents and drat these robits pop.

I already have a second panther and it's day 10 lmao

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerously Dexterous Dongs

Cyrano4747 posted:

FWIW I’m not seeing any of those issues. I’m not saying you aren’t and I understand it sucks, but I don’t think it’s a blanket issue with a bad patch. Were you heavily modded before? It looks like some of the mods have some trouble being uninstalled.

Zero mods. Completely vanilla. I'm going to try the steam integrity check before I do a complete wipe.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

EduardoEspecial posted:

Zero mods. Completely vanilla. I'm going to try the steam integrity check before I do a complete wipe.

Sucks, but this does appear to be just you.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Alchenar posted:

Sucks, but this does appear to be just you.

I mean, it's not just them, me and other people are also having problems.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cyrano4747 posted:

No mods. I played the campaign through to the end. And now I've updated everything and installed flashpoint.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
For anyone having problems, quit & restart steam and possibly check for steam client updates as well. I just had steam go a bit nuts on me with an empty overlay rectangle on my desktop and claims that battletech was running (it was not).

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
new stuff is good. I want to be done with class today so that I can go make robots punch.

I like career mode so far. Is there more reason to grind rep now? it feels like there should be but I haven't gotten to play very much yet.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

mods changed my name posted:

new stuff is good. I want to be done with class today so that I can go make robots punch.

I like career mode so far. Is there more reason to grind rep now? it feels like there should be but I haven't gotten to play very much yet.

You can ally with factions for faction stores and faction-specific flashpoints.

My career so far has seen nothing but jobs from local governments and pirates against Taurians so I guess I'm not getting that one. :v:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
oh yeah ok sounds good. liao here I come

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Do flashpoints repeat? Just started career mode and there is no way I’m going to be ready by the time some of these expire

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
drat my manual dexterity! Had a pretty tense mission. Underweight. Had the enemy lance down to two mechs, and I had taken some hits, but no losses.

Then, instead of walking my heaviest medium up behind the greatest enemy threat and carving out it's rear end, I butterfingered the controls and planted it back towards the enemy. I reflexively alt-f4'd, but now I gotta do the mission again, and I'm just not ready for the exhaustion. I woulda rather taken the lost mech :/

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

CommunityEdition posted:

Do flashpoints repeat? Just started career mode and there is no way I’m going to be ready by the time some of these expire

Yeah they repeat until you complete it successfully, at which point it stops showing up. As it was explained on the last stream you can fail to show up or even fail to succeed at a flashpoint and it'll only get discarded - it will show up again when all the other flashpoints have shown up and the game needs to spawn new ones.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Rundown on the new mechs, from a player-use perspective:

HCT-3F Hatchetman
45t Medium
120m walk (4 JJs max)
25.5 tons available (28.5 minus 3 tons taken by the hatchet)
1B 2E, 110 melee (40 plus 70 from the hatchet)

The most talked about one and it's... frankly, not good. It's functional, and it does hit hard, but with 120 move and no support weapons it simply can't hope to be a good melee mech, and its hardpoints are rear end so it can't even effectively apply the tactic of running hot then offloading heat with punching. For reference, good punching mech Shadow Hawk is 28t, 85 melee, 140 move, with 1 or 2 support slots depending on model, and can mount missiles.

If you haven't seen one yet, the hatchet functions as a non-removable +melee damage arm mod, and like all mods it can also stack with other arm mods.

CRB-27 Crab
50t Medium
140m walk (5 JJs max)**
26.5 tons available
5E 2S, 50 melee

The other more talked about chassis, and hands down the worst of the lot. All-energy loadouts are mediocre at best, and its hardpoint placement is ugly (shared 1E 1S on the head, 2E 1S on the CT), but what really does it in is that it's an over-engined 50 tonner, so it works out as either a shittier HBK-4P (31.5 tons, 80 melee) or Trebuchet (65 melee, 4E 2M), take your pick which you wish to compare it to.

**And to add insult to injury, its actual move value is 120m walk because typos in the files.

CP-10-Q Cyclops
90t Assault
120m walk (4 JJs max)
41 tons available
3E 7M 1S, 115 melee

One of the two cyclops variants added, and it's okay. While not as badly as the Banshee, it suffers from the problem of all over-engined Assaults being essentially worse than the 70~75 ton Heavies, losing an initiative step in a dubious trade for higher base structure/max armor/melee. It's got 7 missile hardpoints, however, so it has at least that going for it if you want a walking SRM carrier (fitting 6 SRM6 results in a tad underarmored design, but doable).

CP-10-Z Cyclops
90t Assault
120m walk (4 JJs max)
41 tons available
1B 6E 2M, 115 melee

Ah, the real gem here, and so good it might just be a tad overpowered. The Battle Computer mod takes permanent residence in the head slot, and grants +1 initiative to all lance units. It stacks with Master Tactician, too. No, it doesn't stack with itself, it's not that broken. But ever wanted to move a King Crab at medium initiative? Now you can.

So, since that takes care of the initiative issue of over-engined Assaults, it's basically a Heavy mech, against which it compares favorably given its hardpoints, on top of the shared lance benefits. Not much more to say about it; the BC pushes an okay chassis into really good territory.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

EduardoEspecial posted:

The game is kinda broken now with this new patch :(. It takes 10 minutes to start up initially, and when I finally got a flashpoint mission started in my post-campaign game I had the menus you see in the Argo in between missions over laying the the actual combat mission. Complete with Argo chatter. And a bunch of missing textures for vehicles.

If I do a clean install am I going to lose my saved games?

It wont kill your saves unless you tell it to in the gog version. You can also back up yoyr saves if you want to be safe. Just copy them to somewhere else

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Installed Flashpoint, started a new campaign because I tend to get bored without some kind of overarching narrative propelling things forward. I roll up at Bellerophon and before chatting up my ~mysterious benefactor~ I check out the store. You know, just out of habit - I don't have any money to spare, really, and obviously at this stage and in this place there can't be anything interesting to buy, right? Well, I get the impression some tables have been generously rerolled for the 1.3 patch, because there's a Banshee part on sale for $14 million. Now I'm a little tempted to just delay the Argo mission until I've assembled a full assault lance. :getin:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Yeah mech parts and full mechs show up a LOT more often now.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Is the cicada supposed to only have 6 tons of space for armor/weapons/equipment?

I usually max the armor on all my mechs before I see what else I could fit on there. With the cicada there's not even enough tonnage to max out the armor.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Conspiratiorist posted:

HCT-3F Hatchetman
45t Medium
120m walk (4 JJs max)

The most talked about one and it's... frankly, not good. It's functional, and it does hit hard, but with 120 move and no support weapons it simply can't hope to be a good melee mech, and its hardpoints are rear end so it can't even effectively apply the tactic of running hot then offloading heat with punching. For reference, good punching mech Shadow Hawk is 28t, 85 melee, 140 move, with 1 or 2 support slots depending on model, and can mount missiles.

If you haven't seen one yet, the hatchet functions as a non-removable +melee damage arm mod, and like all mods it can also stack with other arm mods.

No support weapon slots? WTF? I had always imagined they would put 1 or 2 in each of the slots were Medium Lasers would be mounted. With HBS Battletech changes to how melee works, support slots are pretty much manditory for a dedicated melee mech. The good news is that modding that in shouldn't be that hard.

Of course Melee Mechs in TT were only So-So and extremely situational anyway. It was more of a fun gimmick that was only* practical in Inner Sphere 3039 or earlier stock mech fights (when all mechs were trash).

*Exception being if you house-ruled that the Hatchet used the punch table instead of the full body table for hits. Which IMHO makes them fairly good, but not too OP.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Is the cicada supposed to only have 6 tons of space for armor/weapons/equipment?

I usually max the armor on all my mechs before I see what else I could fit on there. With the cicada there's not even enough tonnage to max out the armor.

Yep. It's easily the worst mech. It's a slower initiative Locust and the Locust is already a turd.

EDIT: The 2A that is, the 3C is merely terrible and not a complete pile of trash.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

spacetoaster posted:

The 2A has 6.5 tons available, yeah. The 3C has 14 tons.

They're both trash.

Eldragon posted:

The good news is that modding that in shouldn't be that hard.

Yeah, about that... the relevant jsons for the new mechs are hidden away in the DLC assets bundle, so it's not as easy as the others.

Conspiratiorist fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 28, 2018

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Conspiratiorist posted:

HCT-3F Hatchetman
45t Medium
120m walk (4 JJs max)

CRB-27 Crab
50t Medium
140m walk (5 JJs max)**
26.5 tons available
5E 2S, 50 melee

The other more talked about chassis, and hands down the worst of the lot. All-energy loadouts are mediocre at best, and its hardpoint placement is ugly (shared 1E 1S on the head, 2E 1S on the CT), but what really does it in is that it's an over-engined 50 tonner, so it works out as either a shittier HBK-4P (31.5 tons, 80 melee) or Trebuchet (65 melee, 4E 2M), take your pick which you wish to compare it to.

**And to add insult to injury, its actual move value is 120m walk because typos in the files.

CP-10-Q Cyclops
90t Assault
120m walk (4 JJs max)
41 tons available
3E 7M 1S, 115 melee

One of the two cyclops variants added, and it's okay. While not as badly as the Banshee, it suffers from the problem of all over-engined Assaults being essentially worse than the 70~75 ton Heavies, losing an initiative step in a dubious trade for higher base structure/max armor/melee. It's got 7 missile hardpoints, however, so it has at least that going for it if you want a walking SRM carrier (fitting 6 SRM6 results in a tad underarmored design, but doable).

CP-10-Z Cyclops
90t Assault
120m walk (4 JJs max)
41 tons available
1B 6E 2M, 115 melee

Ah, the real gem here, and so good it might just be a tad overpowered. The Battle Computer mod takes permanent residence in the head slot, and grants +1 initiative to all lance units. It stacks with Master Tactician, too. No, it doesn't stack with itself, it's not that broken. But ever wanted to move a King Crab at medium initiative? Now you can.

So, since that takes care of the initiative issue of over-engined Assaults, it's basically a Heavy mech, against which it compares favorably given its hardpoints, on top of the shared lance benefits. Not much more to say about it; the BC pushes an okay chassis into really good territory.

I know HBS likes to be beholden to the tabletop stuff, but can we just buff the crap out of the hatchet's melee bonus? For something to essentially specialize as a melee mech I was hoping it would hit a lot harder for it's size.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Honestly it's not so much the Hatchetman not meleeing hard enough, it's the Shadowhawk meleeing too hard. No Support hardpoints on the Hatchetman is incredbily weird though - they're mandatory for a melee mech.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

spacetoaster posted:

yeah the cicada is really bad

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

How much melee damage does the Hatchetman do with a +60 arm buff on the other arm?

Also, is there a list compiled someplace for the rewards you can get for alliances?

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

evilmiera posted:

How much melee damage does the Hatchetman do with a +60 arm buff on the other arm?

Also, is there a list compiled someplace for the rewards you can get for alliances?

It would be 170, the issue is more that you can slap those same gyros on a shadow hawk and also have support weapons.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Guessing "no" but can the hatchet go on a different mech?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

pangstrom posted:

Guessing "no" but can the hatchet go on a different mech?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The new random events are hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I really like the new Bullwark. It's good without being "first choice every time."