Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
If youtube isn't working it's also live now on twitch, here:
https://www.twitch.tv/obsidianant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That looks suspiciously like the albion skunk in the fmv...

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Popete posted:

Yeah Steam refunds are a pretty good motivator, but games like the X series also take awhile to dive deep into them and it can easily be over 2 hours before you realize it's horribly broken.

With social media, this time has compressed somewhat. Also goons are not the shyest opinionators.

DogonCrook posted:

Also i played rebirth and thought it was fine with an xbone controller/mouse i mean i couldnt think of a better way they could have done it for that setup. My problem with rebirth was by the time they got it working i didnt care anymore i was sick of starting over.

Bingo. It's not entirely terrible now, as long as you cheat a bit.

weee

Hav fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 28, 2018

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah I've played Rebirth after a few of the DLCs and the controller interface is massively improved. It's still going to be faster navigating some menus with a mouse but the stupid awkward Mass Effect style radial menu is mostly gone except in places where it's not really an issue because you only have like 3 options anyway.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I didn't realize this was so close to coming out. Just re-discovered it a few days ago.

Does this mean I get to use the old joystick I bought for X3 and never used?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Man there is some deaf rear end people watching this stream.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oo that lighting in the pad looks really nice.

E: Hahaha they put fukkin floor conveyors in to move you around faster!

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 28, 2018

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

you start in a hangar, it's first person, there's a spaceship in front of you, and everything is really pretty.

This is just Star Citizen, except it's a real game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Radio Free Kobold posted:

you start in a hangar, it's first person, there's a spaceship in front of you, and everything is really pretty.

This is just Star Citizen, except it's a real game.

Yeah I'm seeing potentially worrying bits of Star Citizen here and there but if it works then hey, why not.

On some level having stations walkable but not required to walk in is cool.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hahahaha he's playing the wrong build. This looks loving sick though, I hope my poor i5-4590 can handle it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hahaha yeah this guy is having more fuckups than anything.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'm going to come back when the recording is finished.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

Hahahaha he's playing the wrong build. This looks loving sick though, I hope my poor i5-4590 can handle it.

He's not, they're talking about which of the three starting scenarios. He selected the Terran one based on the tutorials, which aren't in.

drat that looks nice.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The sounds are really good.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Oh wow some of that HUD looks really like E:D... nota bad thing

Orv
May 4, 2011
So obviously if this is drastically broken it's going to be in station building, mission scripting or AI idiocy but uh, this looks and appears to play like a modern space game?

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

a big engine, a couple wingy bits, a cockpit in front with a gun under it. the starter ship is a total junkbucket :allears:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's not a jumpgate nerd, it's a superhighway.

E: Are those wooshy lights the docking guidance??

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

the wingy bits move with the controls. atmospheric flight confirmed?

Orv
May 4, 2011

the wingy bits move with the controls. atmospheric flight confirmed?

I think that's just nerdy art stuff.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

God the engine noises sound really nice.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Aw yeah gimmie those menus. :dong:

(I think I might have made exactly that post about an X:R pre-release stream.)

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Hasn't crashed yet" he says as it immediately crashes. Heh.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

At least he's changing to the latest build in the process.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Orv posted:

Aw yeah gimmie those menus. :dong:

(I think I might have made exactly that post about an X:R pre-release stream.)

I've gone from cautiously optimistic to 'hype'.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Oh no I might be getting a little excited :ohdear:.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Game will be released: Check
More to do than Elite Dangergoose: Assumed
Not a total shitshow: Probably?
yep i'm sold

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like the little pip that shows where your gun is pointing

Orv
May 4, 2011
Inherently distrusting of an X game with potentially good fighter level combat. :colbert:

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

I think I saw the guns autoaim at the selected target, that's a nice little feature. Click one thing to target it, then keep maneuvering in a different direction with the mouse and hold down shoot.

e: yeah definitely, his guns just tracked this one guy he selected, totally independent of his cursor or heading. auto-gimbal :allears:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think I saw the guns autoaim at the selected target, that's a nice little feature. Click one thing to target it, then keep maneuvering in a different direction with the mouse and hold down shoot.

e: yeah definitely, his guns just tracked this one guy he selected, totally independent of his cursor or heading. auto-gimbal :allears:

Yes they do, they did in X3 and rebirth but now they've actually modeled weapons gimballing. I think they're supposed to have different rates/ranges of motion. You can see the guns do it if they're visible from the cockpit.

E: Aaaah they made travel drive into a ship mode.

2.5km/s in travel mode, that's gonna be nice.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 28, 2018

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Oh no. I just barely meet the minimum specs. :(

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Aww, my GTX 970 is old now. Same here.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Squiggle posted:

Aww, my GTX 970 is old now. Same here.

Going by the looks of it, if you can run Rebirth you can run this.

970 here seem to happily run away with that when it was later patched.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The stream guy I think said he had a 970.

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
He has a 980 TI, you could see it on the settings when the stream started.

Orv
May 4, 2011
980ti

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

holy gently caress he just jumped through a wormhole :stare:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is he playing with the graphics maxed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Not much of a performance difference.

*shuffles quietly*

Looks good though!

Sigh.