Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

What's even the point of this tactic if some of the players don't even realize it's going on?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

American McGay posted:

If the Bears played in the Superdome in the NFCCG it would be 45-23 don't kid yourselves.

Yeah and if it were at Soldier the bears would win by even more

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

brugroffil posted:

Yeah and if it were at Soldier the bears would win by even more
:hai:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This is a big reason why I'm still optimistic for the next few years even with how these last couple seasons have went.

https://twitter.com/SconnieSports/status/1067582394713161729

Get Mike out and get a good* head coach, get another good draft under Gute's belt, get Rodgers's head back on straight and the Packers are still contenders. 2020 is the year to watch, after 2020 I think Rodgers will be too old to be as effective as he has been without a Manning Broncos-tier team around him.

LabyaMynora posted:

What's even the point of this tactic if some of the players don't even realize it's going on?!

I think Pop is just making a dig at Jacksonville, all the other players replying to Blackmon definitely knew what was up.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Double post but I just got a ticket to the Cardinals game this Sunday which makes this the first season I've ever gotten to go to more than one game at Lambeau.

It's supposed to be warmer on Sunday than it was against San Francisco back in October :v:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

so does dean lowry play or are the vile packers wasting yet another northwestern nfl superstar

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Case Closed

https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/1067434685578407936?s=20

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/RotoPat/status/1066898415005650944

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
How are the clucking Chicago bears doing so well??? Wtf?!

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

R.D. Mangles posted:

so does dean lowry play or are the vile packers wasting yet another northwestern nfl superstar

I believe Dean Lowry started and recorded a sack in the Sunday night game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/aaronnagler/status/1067822028726697984?s=21

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eagles one will definitely happen, Seahawks one is a toss-up, Panthers one seems pretty possible, Redskins one seems pretty possible, Vikings one seems....pretty unlikely, Packers winning out is probably impossible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1037402204934746112?s=19

:allears: Nagler

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The most unlikely one here is the Packers winning out

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Replace depressing with fantastic

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Only the most delusional fringe of Packers fandom thought this team had a shot at a playoff run. Team’s bad, needs a new head coach and some personnel changes. :shrug:

Fortunately the Bears are an unstoppable juggernaut and super fun to watch!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

https://twitter.com/Relax1287/status/1037421857413259265

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
That's true, it was directly stated by the Raiders GM that they chose the Bears because they assumed they'd be bad. There was a bigger offer from the 49ers which was rejected, whether draft position or bay area rivalry was the reason. So they could've gotten more picks that would've been right in the top 3 of each round instead of whatever poo poo position the Bears end up in

lmao

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
The funniest result would be the Packers winning out, Minnesota losing 2 going into the last week, and everyone else except Seattle meeting the loss targets - followed by the Bears throwing their game against the Vikings to keep the Packers out of the playoffs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Play posted:

That's true, it was directly stated by the Raiders GM that they chose the Bears because they assumed they'd be bad. There was a bigger offer from the 49ers which was rejected, whether draft position or bay area rivalry was the reason. So they could've gotten more picks that would've been right in the top 3 of each round instead of whatever poo poo position the Bears end up in

lmao

If the Niners get Mack their season probably looks a lot different

blackmongoose posted:

The funniest result would be the Packers winning out, Minnesota losing 2 going into the last week, and everyone else except Seattle meeting the loss targets - followed by the Bears throwing their game against the Vikings to keep the Packers out of the playoffs

I hope this happens.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Play posted:

lmao

They also gave the Bears a second-rounder for some dumb reason so technically the second first round pick was the equivalent of the Bears just trading back a couple of picks

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

SKULL.GIF posted:

If the Niners get Mack their season probably looks a lot different

Oh absolutely, although he wouldn't be as much of the "final piece of the puzzle" there as he's been in Chicago. It'd be more like it was on the Raiders with him being the vast majority of the defense. I'm happier for him and happier for football that he is where he is, because it's a good fit.

The Jets also made a better offer than the Bears and will have better draft position, but the Raiders didn't accept. Maybe they wanted Mack out of the AFC but they probably should've thought about it because thinking about playoffs isn't productive until you actually get there. Turning down two better offers...

Dexo posted:

They also gave the Bears a second-rounder for some dumb reason so technically the second first round pick was the equivalent of the Bears just trading back a couple of picks

Yeah that was a real head scratcher too. That pick wasn't even necessary to include. As far as I'm concerned Reggie Mackenzie got conned hard on that. Totally bungled the whole loving thing besides at least getting the bare minimum.

Play fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 28, 2018

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I look forward to The Mack Trade being the centerpiece of ESPN “dumbest trades in NFL history” specials for decades to come after the Bears win the Super Bowl this year.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Play posted:

Yeah that was a real head scratcher too. That pick wasn't even necessary to include. As far as I'm concerned Reggie Mackenzie got conned hard on that. Totally bungled the whole loving thing besides at least getting the bare minimum.

McKenzie probably gets let go this offseason over "philosophical differences" with Gruden, i'd imagine. He's not long for that org.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BGrifter posted:

I look forward to The Mack Trade being the centerpiece of ESPN “dumbest trades in NFL history” specials for decades to come after the Bears win the Super Bowl this year.

Eh, who knows, the Raiders have a ton of draft capital now. If they don't waste it all, it could work out just fine for them.

Play posted:

The Jets also made a better offer than the Bears and will have better draft position, but the Raiders didn't accept. Maybe they wanted Mack out of the AFC but they probably should've thought about it because thinking about playoffs isn't productive until you actually get there. Turning down two better offers...

People in pro sports thinking like this absolutely confounds me. It's basically hosed the Ottawa Senators into completely screwing over their own rebuild.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

VJeff posted:

Eh, who knows, the Raiders have a ton of draft capital now. If they don't waste it all, it could work out just fine for them.

I don’t think anyone needs to worry about that happening.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Efb should have refreshed

VJeff posted:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
If the Packers aren’t aggressively shopping Clay Matthews to Gruden it’s football malpractice.

I could imagine a world where he gives up everything he got in the Mack trade plus an extra pick to get a Gruden grindr like Clay Matthews.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

theres more than one white linebacker in the league you know, gruden can shop around

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

rabidsquid posted:

theres more than one white linebacker in the league you know, gruden can shop around

Gruden evaluates talent based entirely on early to mid 2010s memes. By the time the trade happened Gruden would be convinced he was actually getting Thor.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

wrong trhead

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Packers will be shedding lots of old and dead weight after this season and have lots of picks to restock. Hopefully they lose out and get great draft position. The playoffs would be a curse this year.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1067885105753010177

god, what could have been

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Leon Einstein posted:

Packers will be shedding lots of old and dead weight after this season and have lots of picks to restock. Hopefully they lose out and get great draft position. The playoffs would be a curse this year.

While I agree, I think it's still important to stay in the playoff picture. This article pretty much sums up why I think so: https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/11/27/18114485/packers-should-not-tank-in-2018-fire-mike-mccarthy-2019-offseason-player-development

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
Lions drafting Mack would have been nice but he would just have been one elite player on an otherwise mediocre or poorly coached team. They had a top 5 defense in 2014 with Suh and Co. and couldn't win a wildcard game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you ask me, had the lions drafted the best player from every draft class they'd look a LOT better, and im not gonna let them off the hook for choosing to go a different route

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

SKULL.GIF posted:

While I agree, I think it's still important to stay in the playoff picture. This article pretty much sums up why I think so: https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/11/27/18114485/packers-should-not-tank-in-2018-fire-mike-mccarthy-2019-offseason-player-development

I agree with the idea presented in the article. However if you watched the Vikings game and really think this team has any urgency or fire I don’t know what team you’re watching.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Xeras posted:

I agree with the idea presented in the article. However if you watched the Vikings game and really think this team has any urgency or fire I don’t know what team you’re watching.

I agree but also think it can get worse.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Yeah, they gave up a 1st and are basically trading down 5-10 spots to get Mack. That 2nd round pick they got in return never gets mentioned but was a big deal considering how bad the Raiders will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Styles Bitchley posted:

Lions drafting Mack would have been nice but he would just have been one elite player on an otherwise mediocre or poorly coached team. They had a top 5 defense in 2014 with Suh and Co. and couldn't win a wildcard game.

Sure, but even now one of the Lions' biggest flaws is a lack of strength on the defensive line and any kind of pass rush. Donald is the kind of player you can build around, and could have helped ease the drastic collapse of the defense after Suh left. Instead the line became a withered husk of its former self, a status that remains to this day.