Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SpazmasterX posted:

I stand by the opinion that the Fullbringers would have had a much more interesting arc if it wasn't 0 to betrayal in 60 seconds. You introduce all these characters that could be fun new allies since we can't directly interact with Soul Society anymore, and Ichigo literally just got new powers and a slick new ninja style outfit when everyone heel turns on him. All you had to do was a short arc where Ichigo actually gets to do something and all these new friends get more developed, so when they actually betray him it's a million times more dramatic. You could even drop hints the whole time that maybe Xcution isn't what it seems and Ichigo keeps catching whispers from Soul Society through his badge.

But nope. None of that and all the fullbringers are never seen again. And then the Yhwach shitshow starts.

Hey now they show up again just before the final boss and proceed to do nothing!

Also rewatching the Soul Society Arc and I still like it. Kenpachi's monologue after his defeat is super good and not gonna lie I like the part at the end where Ichigo and Renji take on Aizen. Renji uses a technique he can use once and Ichigo's music starts up only for Aizen to go "nah" destroy them, get what he wants, and fucks off somewhere.

Also sometime in the Arc Ichigo goes "I can't imagine Chad losing" which is retroactively the funniest line in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mulderman posted:

Speaking of forgettable, We get RWBY again! Is anyone even interested in the manga adaptation? The last one we got was a pointless mess of a series that didn't mean anything for people who do not watch the show.
Yeah, the last one was complete nonsense that I barely skimmed since I had no interest in RWBY. Now I still don't have any interest but it's at least starting from the beginning so maybe it will become interesting.

I tried to watch the RWBY show once but the CG was so bad I couldn't handle it. The fights are cool, sure, but anything that wasn't a fight looked so stiff and awkward and it had that "Western-produced anime" feel to it like the most awkward parts of the first season of Avatar. Once the main girl was cramming cookies into her face like a shonen protagonist I decided I had had enough.

RE: Bleach chat, I echo most sentiments that it was good up until the end of Soul Society then it went to poo poo. But honestly even the best part of Soul Society (well, 2nd best after Kenpachi), the Aizen reveal, falls apart in retrospect because what a stupid loving power. It wasn't a big twist, there was no conspiracy, Aizen did it all himself because he is insanely overpowered. I mean, his power is literally being able to completely control the senses of everyone who has seen his SHIKAI's release. Like, that's the basic power? No wonder he never got a Bankai, there was nowhere to go from there. When I was younger I thought that was cool as hell but now I'm like yeah no poo poo they all fell for it, there was physically no way not to.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not going to reread the last arc of bleach for any reason, but i have a question for the poor souls who put themselves through that. exactly how many times did ichigo get to ywach only to be kicked out?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm not going to reread the last arc of bleach for any reason, but i have a question for the poor souls who put themselves through that. exactly how many times did ichigo get to ywach only to be kicked out?

He was jobbed all the way, every time. His new Bankai existed for exactly one two-page spread. I'm pretty sure they had to just make something up for his appearance in Jump Force.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

He was jobbed all the way, every time. His new Bankai existed for exactly one two-page spread. I'm pretty sure they had to just make something up for his appearance in Jump Force.

i know it was bullshit, and that he got repeatedly kicked to the bottom of the tower for the sake of yet more deeply uninteresting fights between minor characters. what i'm curious about is exactly how many times it happened.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i know it was bullshit, and that he got repeatedly kicked to the bottom of the tower for the sake of yet more deeply uninteresting fights between minor characters. what i'm curious about is exactly how many times it happened.

I think four times from the start of the blood war to the very last chapter. He pretty much had no actual fights.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
new marry grave

https://mangadex.org/chapter/490674/1

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Was literally writing the same post. At least we can now talk about good shonen instead of Bleach or RWBY. :v:

To no-ones surprise, the Deadman recipes are evil and actively spread around by demons. Also I wonder if Sergei was resurrected by Deadman recipe, or was turned into seemingly immortal monstrosity from brink of death by some other method.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also sometime in the Arc Ichigo goes "I can't imagine Chad losing" which is retroactively the funniest line in the series.

Nothing pisses me off more about the later arcs of Bleach than Chad becoming a pro boxer in the ending.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ichigo says he can't imagine chad losing in like every arc that chad loses (which is every arc chad gets to fight after generic hollows stop being the enemies)

frankly, that time he tells chad to run away because he sucks was completely correct and rukia or w/e it was shouldn't have told him to knock it off

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

Was literally writing the same post. At least we can now talk about good shonen instead of Bleach or RWBY. :v:

To no-ones surprise, the Deadman recipes are evil and actively spread around by demons. Also I wonder if Sergei was resurrected by Deadman recipe, or was turned into seemingly immortal monstrosity from brink of death by some other method.

nope, not surprised. But why was Rosalies order collecting them to dispose of them? The order didn't seem very nice either.

Anyone want to guess what happens when/if riseman uses the spell on Rosalie?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

Anyone want to guess what happens when/if riseman uses the spell on Rosalie?

It will work flawlessly, and they will live happily ever after as immortal protectors of humanity, shut up. :colbert:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

nope, not surprised. But why was Rosalies order collecting them to dispose of them? The order didn't seem very nice either.

They are said to be a cult formed from gravekeepers so it still makes sense why this group would value "true death" over using demonic magic to revive people. As for their treatment of Rosalie; maybe they have different sects or Rosalie was a part of some greater plot to rid the world of the demons? If they were cultivating a person to be their next weapon some things make sense.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Mashima is in a constant battle of oneupsmanship with himself, truly.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
He may be a massive pervert (and is dulling the point of "lookit how horrid this guy is" by being clearly into what he's peddling as being bad) but let it never be said he wasted the first page showing how powerful that sword lady was with that first page splash image.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Nov 28, 2018

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Marry Grave:

Brought To You By posted:

They are said to be a cult formed from gravekeepers so it still makes sense why this group would value "true death" over using demonic magic to revive people. As for their treatment of Rosalie; maybe they have different sects or Rosalie was a part of some greater plot to rid the world of the demons? If they were cultivating a person to be their next weapon some things make sense.

True. Seems awfully convenient for the demons to be handing out immortality recipes. What are they planning.

Lt. Lizard posted:

It will work flawlessly, and they will live happily ever after as immortal protectors of humanity, shut up. :colbert:
Obviously. It just means they'll be each others corpse so they can live forever together unless they die at the same time.

Nanatsu no Taizai:
I'm eternally torn whether the relationship between the goddess clan/demon clan and the other clans is either brilliantly written or a wildly uneven mess. The goddesses are just so unlikeable, but at least they're not eating anyone's soul.

Mashima:

Fabricated posted:

Mashima is in a constant battle of oneupsmanship with himself, truly.
Which of his projects should I read to see this? I can't imagine him one upping himself in Eden's Zero yet. I mean he could add some bondage now that they're naked. But I'd like to think he hit rockbottom in100 year war in Fairy Tale with the dominatrix riding around on a girl in bikini begging for release.
Will he ever reach a point where the editors are like "What the f do you think you're doing?"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well the gigantic cadre of naked kidnapped space-youtuber girls form a human pyramid in the latest chapter.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think Mashima is trying to see how much he can get away with regarding ecchi-content without actually being asked to move to either a monthly or a seinen publication.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This is what is known as a horny manga that has ascended past a horny manga. Or, you can just call this Fairy Tail.

And this... is to go... even further beyond!

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Darth TNT posted:

Nanatsu no Taizai:
I'm eternally torn whether the relationship between the goddess clan/demon clan and the other clans is either brilliantly written or a wildly uneven mess. The goddesses are just so unlikeable, but at least they're not eating anyone's soul.

It's a pretty common thing for the "Angels" to just have sticks crammed all the way up their rear end in a lot of stuff I've read\watched. Both sides don't seem to really give 2 fucks about the Giant\Fairy clans unless there's a reason to. I'd say it's pretty even between good writing and some slight last minute changes.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

Marry Grave:

True. Seems awfully convenient for the demons to be handing out immortality recipes. What are they planning.

Obviously. It just means they'll be each others corpse so they can live forever together unless they die at the same time.

Nanatsu no Taizai:

Mashima:

Which of his projects should I read to see this? I can't imagine him one upping himself in Eden's Zero yet. I mean he could add some bondage now that they're naked. But I'd like to think he hit rockbottom in100 year war in Fairy Tale with the dominatrix riding around on a girl in bikini begging for release.
Will he ever reach a point where the editors are like "What the f do you think you're doing?"

[bookmarks Fairy tale]

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Why did mangadex suddenly become extremely fail. It says I can’t read the old chapters of edens zero for 6 more days. Screw that.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Pewdiepie posted:

Why did mangadex suddenly become extremely fail. It says I can’t read the old chapters of edens zero for 6 more days. Screw that.

Mangadex gives groups the option to delay their releases so they can try to drive traffic to their homepage. Some groups like Jaimini's Box put 2 week delays on releases.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Nalin posted:

Mangadex gives groups the option to delay their releases so they can try to drive traffic to their homepage. Some groups like Jaimini's Box put 2 week delays on releases.
Hey Jaimini if you’re reading this. Go to hell. I never appreciated the work scanlators do and I never will.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Pewdiepie posted:

Hey Jaimini if you’re reading this. Go to hell. I never appreciated the work scanlators do and I never will.

Hell, same

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pewdiepie posted:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it would be fine except a bunch of groups also only keep chapters going so far back

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i appreciate scanlators because i don't have to pay for an awful wsj subscription and can appraise series without having to drop $15+ on multiple volumes

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I see people are acting entitled for something they are getting for free.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I know what I'm paying for, but a lot of scanlators still suck

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

man the karakuri circus anime skips a lot

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
that's in line with the scanlators skipping the last half of the series

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm still angry that Donald Trump is the reason I had to "read" 20 french volumes just to try and get some closure with that series. The anime hasn't been bad, but it's got that thing where scenes or little art details are missing and it's a bit of a turn off.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Relin posted:

that's in line with the scanlators skipping the last half of the series

oof, maybe I should just stop reading it now in that case

unless the anime inspires someone to pick it back up

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Coaaab posted:

I know what I'm paying for, but a lot of scanlators still suck

Worst I've seen is Wild Fang Project. Leader is a dick, they have a paywall on their website to read their scans, their translations and scans are actually pretty bad, and they release Baki chapters in random order for some reason.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Nov 29, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah Wild Fang Project is the kind of thing that can only exist because most Baki fans are completely loving insane brokebrains

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Well the gigantic cadre of naked kidnapped space-youtuber girls form a human pyramid in the latest chapter.

A fine opening, but I raise you Beat up girl on a leash, in a bikini eating trash and getting spanked.

Irritated Goat posted:

It's a pretty common thing for the "Angels" to just have sticks crammed all the way up their rear end in a lot of stuff I've read\watched. Both sides don't seem to really give 2 fucks about the Giant\Fairy clans unless there's a reason to. I'd say it's pretty even between good writing and some slight last minute changes.
True. But while not quite clear from my post, with wildly uneven I'm also referring to the power disparity between the two. So far we were led to believe that at some point these two were near enough in power to have a stalemate. Yet, here we see mostly the demon clan dominating.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is there a reason jujutsu kaisen comes out so infrequently?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Probably shares cleaners/typesetters with the rest of the popular series, so it's lower priority.

Wouldn't shock me to see mangastream start scanlating it at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I liked the future businessman Jump Start