Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Airspace posted:

Ha, he rammed into a station and died.

Strangely I feel my preorder more secure after watching it.

I'm canceling mine unless he crashes into argon one soon :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I can't wait to ride the space highways as a space trucker.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The spacelanes through gates are fantastic.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gorelab posted:

Honestly I feel like X:R would have worked a lot better in one ship if there was way more upgrading to be done to it. It was too little for that style.

Yeah this was the biggest issue with the "one ship" design decision. In the pre-release stuff it made it sound like it would be really modular and you could have all sorts of configurations, but in practice you had like, one of three different options for engines (fast, maneuverable, or mix of both), one of three options for shields (fast recharge, high max, mix of both), and then just, different tiers of weapons, all of which could be equipped simultaneously.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Yeah space highways look awesome, I like all the ambient traffic in the space highways and surrounding stations.

Hopefully he finds some larger capital ships soon, would be nice to see.

Overall the game has a good sense of scale.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
lol dude just got blown to bits by a mine, that was cool.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"I dunno what this is though..."

*ded*

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha lmao

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Game Good?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seeing some people complain about the NPCs, but it's not an x game if there's no incredibly cheesy sounding "EEHHHHHHHH" when I blow someone up.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

My favorite was blowing up Teladi in X3. My profffiiiiiitssss. Followed by a super half-assed aaaaah.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Has space weed or space fuel made an appearance?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
He just docked on a giant constructor ship that was cruising around and his ship is just a tiny speck on the side of it.

Awesome.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The freighters have such a good sense of scale.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The deck of this constructor ship is so cool, I hope you can get a capital ship like this and take in the view. His ship docked on this other ship is going through a warp gate to a new sector.

The seamless integration looks fantastic.

I'm hype as hell, is this what a Star Citizen cultist feels like?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

We just might be able to change the thread tag

Popete posted:

The deck of this constructor ship is so cool, I hope you can get a capital ship like this and take in the view. His ship docked on this other ship is going through a warp gate to a new sector.

I have heard - though not seen - that you can walk an owned capital ship's bridge, and the AI pilot - an actual NPC - will be flying, and you can just ask him to fuckin move out the way and take over.

Edit: Oh, he was just walking around the constructor ship's bridge -- yeah, like that! Except, you can actually take over flying.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 29, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

No, because you can play this in 2 days.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I’m going to be an idiot and preorder this loving game despite never playing more than 5 minutes of X3, aren’t I

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Pathos posted:

I'm going to be an idiot and preorder this loving game despite never playing more than 5 minutes of X3, aren't I

Look at it this way.

You never played X3 much because you knew, deep in your soul, that X4 was coming eventually. Your lack of X3 playing has prepared you for this day.

Or at least prepared you for Friday.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

X4: Foundations - What if Star Citizen was a real game?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
lol, cruising along minding his own business and accidentally flies into a worm hole teleporting him to a new sector.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It is slowly driving me insane that one of the foremost space game Youtube/Twitch mans cannot fly a spaceship to save his life.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

It is slowly driving me insane that one of the foremost space game Youtube/Twitch mans cannot fly a spaceship to save his life.

And he's British so he keeps trying to get into the wrong space highway lane.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Popete posted:

And he's British so he keeps trying to get into the wrong space highway lane.

Oh gently caress me this is going to drive me mad.

I can't even play cities skylines without left hand traffic.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Gorelab posted:

My favorite was blowing up Teladi in X3. My profffiiiiiitssss. Followed by a super half-assed aaaaah.

Boron: Noooooooo.....

Waters failing!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Spaceweed and spacefuel spotted!

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

:siren: Spaceweed confirmed :siren:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Squiggle posted:

I have heard - though not seen - that you can walk an owned capital ship's bridge, and the AI pilot - an actual NPC - will be flying, and you can just ask him to fuckin move out the way and take over.

Edit: Oh, he was just walking around the constructor ship's bridge -- yeah, like that! Except, you can actually take over flying.

You can actually do this on most of your ships. If you want to ride along in a fighter while the AI pilots, it's an option.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I bounced off every one of these games for one reason or the other my actual fear is one will actually work right and i will get addicted.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Wow why does this thread have so many new p- oh nice a stream. :eyepop:

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Pylons posted:

Spaceweed and spacefuel spotted!

Yes.

I kind of hope you can sell spaceweed in a pirate sector, stalk a customer into a species' space, and then use your police license to cause him to drop the cargo. Then you pick it back up and re-sell it.

Hella tedious but hilarious the first couple of times in X3.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

spaceweed is spacelegal in spacecanada :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Starting a petition to remove Thursday from existence.

:siren: S Ship Capacity: 40 :siren:

Orv fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 29, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You can outfit your ship while you're buying it. This is great.

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY

Orv posted:

:siren: S Ship Capacity: 40 :siren:

the landing bay can hold 40 small ships internally ?

This is all good stuff, just need to see the station building in action before preordering it :)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Orv posted:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I swear to god your AV switched spots

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wonder where the small ships are. Kinda hoping for something super fast like the Kestrel.

Orv
May 4, 2011

PHOOsun posted:

the landing bay can hold 40 small ships internally ?

This is all good stuff, just need to see the station building in action before preordering it :)

That seems to be the implication.

As to station building, you probably won't see that for a couple days after release, depending on the economic scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh yeah the landing pads will lower down and store ships inside, you don't need a pad per ship.