Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Cephas posted:

It took me until Rimuru turned into a cute kid with blue hair and started using monster spells against the ogres to realize... He's a Blue Mage!

He's not getting hit with the things to learn it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Captain Cappy posted:

He's not getting hit with the things to learn it though.

But he is eating them.

That counts.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Quina brand blue mage

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

Quina brand blue mage

Quina isn't a blue mage. Quina is Quina.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the log horizon series was supposed to start back up again early this year, but now they are saying it will be early next year. so, who the heck knows.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

Quina brand blue mage

Cept, yaknow, not an everloving pain to load up.

Seriously, wanna find the guy who said “do pokemon” and give ‘m a stern talking to.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the log horizon series was supposed to start back up again early this year, but now they are saying it will be early next year. so, who the heck knows.

That's better than than my expectation of never seeing it again.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
I had made some posts in other boards explaining concepts and differences between the different mediums for Slime that I thought might be appreciated here as well and would like to post it on here thought the ensuing wall of text would be LOTS of black bars. Again this is all stuff that's largely been shown. Add with black bars for spoilers, or is it ok to add without?

While on that note, here's PV3 showing the next major arc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0xuqi2qvxY

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 29, 2018

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
gently caress it, here's the info dump. No spoiler bars since it's all stuff we already know and just explanation on stuff that's been shown to us.

* In the manga, Satoru(Rimuru's human form) had a dream of a slime with several monster officers who then turned into a blue haired youth.

* The anime does not mention that he had spent a total of three months inside the cave. One month blind and just wandering around before "Great Sage" finished fully integrating to "The Voice of the World" to best serve Rimuru, another month before he ran into Veldora, and finally the last month was him finally exiting the cave.

* There's a reason Veldora burned that town in specific, but it's a spoiler(not a big one though) that gets explained much later. I'll go into it if requested.

* The "Hero" sent to take on Veldora was able to beat him due to both being very powerful and Veldora being HUGELY distracted by her beauty. He details her features to Rimuru in both the LN and manga(Slender figure with porcelain white skin, silver black hair, and ruby red lips "wags tail remembering her").

* Veldora IS in fact immortal. When he or anyone of his kin die, they simply revive as a new dragon somewhere in the world. This is one of the reasons the kingdom was panicking since Veldora vanishing could mean his revival somewhere. The other is that he was the only real deterrent to the Eastern Empire invading via The Forest of Jura since no one wants to be the poor sod who breaks the seal on the Storm Dragon to cause mayhem again.

* When he exited the cave, the first creatures he met were Ranga and some wolves. They immediately ran away whimpering due to his aura. He meets the goblins a bit later and it's then that he learns about the aura.

* When the Direwolves attack, the pack leader is warned by Ranga about the slime. He disregards this warning. His inner monologues also reveal him to see himself as being above the pack.

* During his incarceration, due to the fact that Slimes are non-sentient creatures(think like Jellyfish) Kaido is curious about Rimur and asks him who he really is. Rimuru spins a tangent about actually being a magical girl who was cursed by a witch into being a Slime. Kaido pretends to go along with it, but it's clear he doesn't buy it. Matter gets dropped when the whole thing with the injured dwarves happens. This is only in the LN.

* The scene at the Smithing shop is a combination of both the LN and Manga. He acts smug and spits out the Magisteel in the LN and simply makes the swords in the manga. Here he does both. In the LN he asks to be left alone in a room while he makes the swords expecting it to take a few days and is SHOCKED he completes the whole order in 20 minutes. He steps out and acts like something went wrong only to troll them. He mentally notes that him being a dick like that is likely why he was always single and wonders why he always does that. The materials he used were also shown in that he ate 20 regular swords and fused them with the Magisteel he had.

* The Hostess Club scene is also a combo of both the LN and manga. The scene is the same in both, but only the manga has the Fortune Telling scene. Kaijin recognizes the woman as Shizue Izawa, a famous "Hero" of the guild who had been active for several years and has since retired into just training a new generation. Rimuru notes her name and ponders if she's Japanese like him.

* The trial is pretty much the same aside from a few details. When they show Vesta the potion, they also show him one of the swords which is already fusing with the Magisteel core, a feat that normally takes YEARS. The king had tried to scry into Rimuru's mind, but was unable to get anything except surface thoughts due to blocking by "Great Sage". This bothers him since a sentient slime is already unusual, but one that can block his thoughts with the skills he's shown is unheard of.

That's about it for the differences. Now for mechanics explanations.

The series is a love letter to all the awesome fantasy JRPG's and anime of yore like Slayers, Record of Lodoss War, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, 'Tales of...', Disgaea, etc., and takes a lot of inspiration from those games.

* Monsters don't have names. While they CAN name each other it's not necessary and doing so requires a sacrifice of your own mana hence why they don't have names since too much could drain you to drat near death. How mana is required depends on the monster(goblin - low, direwolf - moderate, ogre - high).

* Naming causes a monster to increase in power. How much depends on the quality of power of the namer. Rigur explains this that while his brother had a name, his evolution wasn't as pronounced as his own.

* Being given a Title/Job also boosts your stats and tends to push those stats to better suit that title/job.

* Certain "Titles" can only be acquired after major events.

* Titles like "Demon Lord" and "Hero" can only be bestowed or earned. While you CAN call yourself on of these, doing so is VERY ill advised as it'll attract VERY unwanted attention.

Now about "Skills"

* Unique Skills are like the Devil Fruits from One Piece. There are many different types with varying degrees of utility. The one thing they all have in common is that they're always OP and come as a sort of variety package. You can have more than as well so Rimuru is not unique in this regard.

* Extra Skills are less potent than "Unique Skills" but are equally varied and can be trained to be improved. Examples include "Water Manipulation" and "Heat Manipulation", and "Magic Sense".

* Battle Skills are exactly that. Skills used for battle. Stuff like the things he got from the monsters like "Sticky Thread", "Steel Thread", "Corrosive Breath", "Paralysis Breath".

* Daily Skills are skills that are always active. Compare to Luffy's rubber fruit where he is never not made of rubber. Examples include, "Magic Sense", "Supreme Smell", "Sense Heat".

Episode 5

* The episode is largely the same though it takes bits from both the manga and LN namely Kaijin's explanation of his and Bester's(eff it, I like this spelling better) relationship of having worked for the same knight corps with Kaijin as captain and Bester as subordinate and Bester resenting having to work for a commoner.

* A few things got left out thought in that Kaijin while unofficial, has a rank similar to a Baron and cites this as one of the reasons they weren't straight up executed.

* The reason why the "Magic Golem Project" was being done was also somewhat left out in that the engineer corps is seen as least impressive corps of the Kings court hence why Bester was so desperate for a success that he rushed the project which led to it's failure.

* The court trial scene is the same albeit MUCH closer to the LN.

* A few details that were left out were the judge showing Bester one of the sword Rimuru made already fusing with the magisteel core, a feat that normally takes years.

* The King tried to scry into Rimuru's mind, but was repelled and unable to read anything except surface thoughts. This bothers him a great deal hence sending his spy master to keep tabs on him.

Episode 6

* The scene where the trio is giving their report is a bit more fleshed out in the LN where they note the lack of materials in the cave such as ore and herbs along with monsters that were supposed to be in there such as the Black Snake being gone along with Veldora.

* The scene where Shizu meets the trio to join them is largely unchanged from either of the two sources.

* The scene where Rimuru tests Black Lightning is mostly new since in the LN he tests the skill en route to Dwargon and in the manga he does so when fighting the ants. In a later chapter it's shown that he DID show the upgraded form to Ranga. This is an expansion of that scene along with the Black Lightning test.

* The fight vs the ants is mostly from the manga with Shizu easily blasting the crap out of them until she collapses from her condition and the last one is blasted by Rimuru. Rimuru recognizes Shizu as the girl from the fortune telling(manga and anime only).

* The meeting between the trio and Shizu with Rimuru is a combination of both manga and LN. In the LN, the above scene with the ants was helped by the Goblin Rider guard and Rimuru first meets them at the tent. Here he formally meets them at tent with the bulk of the sequence being from the LN with only a few changes from the manga such as Shizu saying they can trust him(Shizu loses control here in the LN).

* The scene where Shizu and Rimur talk and reveal that their both other-worlders is from the manga albeit slightly different. In the manga, the discussion happens while riding on Ranga while here it's done while watching the sunset and it's much more fleshed out.

Shizu's Past

Now would be a good time to mention that most of Shizu's past wasn't in the manga and is MUCH more fleshed out in the LN with more internal monologues. This will shorten some of the explanations for episodes 7 and 8.

* Shizu develops a Unique Skill "Deviant/Degenerate" to prevent Ifrit from taking full on control.

* Shizu was trained by a captain of the guard simply called "The Black Knight" as part of her process to be groomed as Leon's bodyguard.

* The part where she inadvertently kills her friend caused a severe amount of trauma to her thus allowing Ifrit to exert more control making her akin to a passenger in her own body.

* The LN fleshes out things a bit more between the Hero and Shizu in that the Hero took Shizu to the guilds and her her educated and sort of raised her as a surrogate parent or elder sibling.

* After the parting ways with the Hero, Shizu begins working as "Champion" for the guild along with training newcomers including some who are other-wolders. One becomes a Templar Knight, the other Guild Grandmaster. The trio's Guildmaster was also a student and close personal friend of Shizu's with him having acquired his position from his father on her recommendation. She later takes on the job of school teacher for some other-world children.

* During a fight with a dragon(normal dragon, nothing like Veldora or his kin), she uses her fire attacks to vaporize it, but can feel she has little time left.

Episode 7

* In the LN and Manga respectively, Shizu loses control at the tent and during the ride with Ranga so the added material before she loses control in the anime is all new material.

* The entire fight is from the LN which is great since it's much cooler and more epic since the manga lacks the salamanders.

* Ifrit seeing Veldora is from the manga. The manga actually has a thing called Veldora's Observation Diary which recaps the events of the volume from his POV along with his day to day activities with Ifrit such as shogi and martial arts training from reading manga.

Episode 8

* This episode is a combination of both the manga and LN and is better for it.

* I'm so glad that they kept and even fleshed out the scene where Shizu runs to wards her mom(LN only).

* In the LN after getting healed, the trio leave needing to make their report with some parting gifts trusting Rimuru to take care of Shizu. The anime uses everything from the manga.

* The part where Rimuru made a grave for Shizu on the spot where they watched the sunset was new and great added touch.

* The scene with the orc and Gelmud is in both, but the scene is mostly from the manga. The LN does fleshes things out more, but I want to avoid spoilers.

Episode 9

* The Body Check scene is all manga and it's hilarious.

* The cave tests were the most condensed of the three mediums since it skips over pretty much all the details of his skill developments. It DOES explain what Shizu'z Unique Skill does in that it can separate and combine things(an ETERNALLY important new skill for Rimuru).

* In the LN it gets explained that other than his Unique Skills and Intrinsic Species Skill, Rimuru's skills are locked to their respective species and he can only use severely limited versions as a slime hence needing to transform into the respective creature to get the full benefit. Shizu's Unique Skill fixes this.

Unique Skill Degenerate's Use
- Rimuru sacrifices and combines both Fire Manipulation and Water Manipulation to create Particle Manipulation and Dark Flame using Degenrae and Predator.
- Resist Temperature upgrades to Cancel Temperature. The former is the full upgrade. heat and frost attacks no longer do ANYTHING to Rimuru.
- Dark Thunder is developed by linking Dark Lightning to Particle Manipulation.
- He aquired the Skill, "Ranged Barrier" from Ifrit which locks the heat inside a space cooking the enemy alive and can also be used to protect oneself. Rimuru cannot use these skills as Ifrit is a spirit being and uses his own body as a source of magicules.
- Using Degenerate, Rimuru separates Ranged Barrier and after some tweaking, relaunches it as Multilayer Barrier which protects him and is very cost effective(consumes 3mp vs 15mp regen or something to that effect).
- Rimuru tests the effectiveness of Multilayer Barrier by creating a clone with the barier and unleashing on it. He finds this distasteful since it's still a little girl clone.

* As he's leaving the cave, all of the monsters in it give him a VERY wide berth.

* Rimuru gets the message for help upon exiting the cave.

* The LN actually opens up with Ranga having a mental monologue as the fight goes down.

* The fight with the ogres is pretty much the same, but closer to the LN in that he uses Dark Thunder to blow up a huge rock and his revelation as a slime is done later in the LN compared to ealier here in the manga and anime.

The rest of the episode is pretty much the same so now on to concepts like Arts, Magic, monster tiers, and the world of Tensura(title in short).

Magic is concept based. You add magicules to create the thing you want hence the Icicle Lance attack used in episode 7 is basically just solidified magicules taking the shape of an icicle.

Arts are similar to Skills except these need to be learned and practiced, but don't require magicules to work. The old ogre who cuts Rimuru's arm off is an old master and used his arts to get past Rimuru's Magic Sense and cut through Multilayer Barrier by essentially coating his sword in something similar to Haki from One Piece.

Monster are tiered in a sort of caste system of power with the absolute weakest being slimes due to their lack of sentience making them akin to land jellyfish who simply feed on magicules from their surroundings. Goblins are a step up, but are still weak and ranked as F Tier monsters and both largely harmless and benign in that they hold no hostility to other races and frequently trade with them via traveling Kobold(dog people) merchants or Dwargon The evolved Hobgoblins and Goblinas are classified as a C rank species and as shown to be essentially green skinned humans for all intents and purposes. Direwolves are ranked as a C rank species as a pack and the now evolved ones as A- for a pack and B- for Ranga alone. Ogres are a B+ species in general on top of being magic borne so they have natural intrinsic magic skills and use. Direwolves are similar albeit less so in that they feed off the magiclues of their surroundings to survive.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
By the way, the LN may have added more events and details than the webnovel, as well as altering things to better fit future events, which is where the manga may have been picking stuff from. I assume most of the LN readers here have only just read the webnovel

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Allarion posted:

By the way, the LN may have added more events and details than the webnovel, as well as altering things to better fit future events, which is where the manga may have been picking stuff from. I assume most of the LN readers here have only just read the webnovel

I've read all the english light novels and some of the relevant stuff from the web novel and am REALLY looking forward to Rimuru's "Harvest Festival" event.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

doomrider7 posted:

I've read all the english light novels and some of the relevant stuff from the web novel and am REALLY looking forward to Rimuru's "Harvest Festival" event.

Harvest festival should be interesting, but I dunno if that makes it into season 1

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

exploded mummy posted:

Harvest festival should be interesting, but I dunno if that makes it into season 1

Oh no way in hell we make it there, not without skipping so much stuff. I think the season ends after Charybdis and after Milim leaves. Either that or on a Cliffhanger of Rimuru vs Hinata pre or post fight as a sequel hook.

Edit: The slow pace has been criticized in some places, but I actually love it since it give the series more room to grow and explain certain concepts. Stuff is still getting skipped or condensed here and there, but as a reader of the manga and LN, it's been doing a great job so far as my post above can attest.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 29, 2018

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

doomrider7 posted:

Oh no way in hell we make it there, not without skipping so much stuff. I think the season ends after Charybdis and after Milim leaves. Either that or on a Cliffhanger of Rimuru vs Hinata pre or post fight as a sequel hook.

Edit: The slow pace has been criticized in some places, but I actually love it since it give the series more room to grow and explain certain concepts. Stuff is still getting skipped or condensed here and there, but as a reader of the manga and LN, it's been doing a great job so far as my post above can attest.

Manga Spoilers: Hinata is waaay to far away, even though she's featured in the opening. They'd have to skip ton of stuff to reach her. Like, Ep. 9 of the anime lines up with roughly Ch. 13 of the manga so unless they skip a whole plot arcs the show should wrap up somewhere around the Charybdis fight.

I agree about the pacing, but I think a lot of people coming to the show expecting non-stop action style, which is fair considering the genre and marketing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I only read up to Rimuru's first feast with the Ogres (basically right after the latest episode), so I think I'm going to maximize my anticipation by not reading or researching any further.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I've only read up to the what the official LN translation has covered, but I think we will get past the Charbydis fight it's a full 24 episode season.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Skippy McPants posted:

Manga Spoilers: Hinata is waaay to far away, even though she's featured in the opening. They'd have to skip ton of stuff to reach her. Like, Ep. 9 of the anime lines up with roughly Ch. 13 of the manga so unless they skip a whole plot arcs the show should wrap up somewhere around the Charybdis fight.

I agree about the pacing, but I think a lot of people coming to the show expecting non-stop action style, which is fair considering the genre and marketing.

True. Necessary evils methinks though again given the genre to get people to tune in. At it's current going rate it'll be 8 episodes per 1 LN so I can definitely see it ending there. I could in theory see this becoming something similar to MHA where we get a 2 cour season every year since by then there'll be enough material to animate and the series world is big and meaty enough to actually justify filler or even better, expansion on episodes or OVA's inbetween. I mean I'd love some of those that further detail Shizu's life or Gobta's Big Adventure. The manga also got a decently big bump from the anime so for sure Kodansha is pleased there.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

doomrider7 posted:

Yeah it does do really good justice in covering stuff well.

A few notes on your writeup. Some of this is based off of the Veldora journal logs that are only in the tankobons

More specifically on the nature of monsters, naming, and ranking. Monsters are made of magicules, which is why naming them causes them to gain in strength. When the monster is named, they are infused with the magicules/mana of the namer. Rirumu does have a large amount of mana as being a high ranked slime, but he also kind of gained a ton (specifically an entire storm dragons worth) by swallowing Veldora with Predator.

The reason the naming process is so rare amongst monsters is because it literally takes the entire mana pool of a dragon to name a village of goblins and wolves.

Veldora gets pissy over the naming marathons since they tire him out as well, but doing so actually helps Great Sage figure out the Infinite Prison even more quickly, so he quickly changes mood in true tsudenre fashion and figures its Rirumu being a genius and praised him for it. (Rirumu has no idea about this)

Veldora has a unique ability in his own right, called Inquisitor, which is mentioned somewhat in the anime, but is similar to Great Sage in analyzing information from the words of the world, but different in that it lets him pull records from anywhere in space time. After looking through some of Rirumu's memories as a human, he promptly uses this to start pulling manga from Rirumu's old world and reading it.

As briefly shown in the manga and animes the Predator space is shared among occupants. Veldora and Ifrit immediately begin playing Shogi together while occasionally MST3King what Rirumu is doing.

In the manga while in the cave figuring out what Shizue and Ifrit netted him, Rirumu also makes High Speed Regeneration and Area Boundary using Deviant, but this absent in the anime, except he uses the skills in the Ogre fight.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I like that even after Rimuru learns the cost of naming, stopping never occurs to him. They're obviously people, and they ought to have names, and he has the power to name them, so he rolls up his sleeves and gets to work. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't just hard, but boring and monotonous as well.

The author having a background in civil engineering makes a lot of sense.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

exploded mummy posted:

Veldora has a unique ability in his own right, called Inquisitor, which is mentioned somewhat in the anime, but is similar to Great Sage in analyzing information from the words of the world, but different in that it lets him pull records from anywhere in space time. After looking through some of Rirumu's memories as a human, he promptly uses this to start pulling manga from Rirumu's old world and reading it.

"Dragons are weeaboos" is a running theme in isekai, it seems.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Mirage posted:

"Dragons are weeaboos" is a running theme in isekai, it seems.

Anti-social monsters who spend all there time alone in thier room lair, sitting on a pile of anime figurines treasure. I have no idea how that connection could have started.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

exploded mummy posted:

Yeah it does do really good justice in covering stuff well.

A few notes on your writeup. Some of this is based off of the Veldora journal logs that are only in the tankobons

More specifically on the nature of monsters, naming, and ranking. Monsters are made of magicules, which is why naming them causes them to gain in strength. When the monster is named, they are infused with the magicules/mana of the namer. Rirumu does have a large amount of mana as being a high ranked slime, but he also kind of gained a ton (specifically an entire storm dragons worth) by swallowing Veldora with Predator.

The reason the naming process is so rare amongst monsters is because it literally takes the entire mana pool of a dragon to name a village of goblins and wolves.

Veldora gets pissy over the naming marathons since they tire him out as well, but doing so actually helps Great Sage figure out the Infinite Prison even more quickly, so he quickly changes mood in true tsudenre fashion and figures its Rirumu being a genius and praised him for it. (Rirumu has no idea about this)

As briefly shown in the manga and animes the Predator space is shared among occupants. Veldora and Ifrit immediately begin playing Shogi together while occasionally MST3King what Rirumu is doing.

In the manga while in the cave figuring out what Shizue and Ifrit netted him, Rirumu also makes High Speed Regeneration and Area Boundary using Deviant, but this absent in the anime, except he uses the skills in the Ogre fight.

Yeah I haven't read those in a while so I only remembered a few details from the diaries. And yeah the Veldora thing is tricky. Rimuru has a magicule stash from having been born from Veldoras Aura and as Veldora said, he was already the strangest monster in the cave aside from himself. Getting named just made him stronger.

Having Veldora in the Predator Stomach is useful for Rimuru since his naming rallies drain from Veldora and not him. It would not surprise me if this is intentional from Great Sage as a means of collecting rent from Veldora if you will.

I did mention Area Boundary, but It's called something different across all the mediums which leads to all kinds of confusion. High Speed Regeneration I wasn't sure when he made since it wasn't mentioned in the cave scene in the LN and apparently it was on the fly when he used Predator to "eat" his arm and grow it back which triggered the Skill Acquisition.

I love that Veldora basically spends his time becoming and Otaku Tsunderdragon and later gains a friend at arms on that front. I didn't mention Inquisitor/Investigator since I couldn't recall what it does off the top of my head.

And yes, monsters are made of magicules though some are "fleshier" I believe such as goblins and orcs compared to stuff like Ogres and others that have yet to be shown which are more magical if you will such as the Direwolves for instance don't really need to eat if I recall the LN correctly, they feed off the magic surrounding them(recall, could be wrong here, will fix if so).

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Skippy McPants posted:

I like that even after Rimuru learns the cost of naming, stopping never occurs to him. They're obviously people, and they ought to have names, and he has the power to name them, so he rolls up his sleeves and gets to work. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't just hard, but boring and monotonous as well.

The author having a background in civil engineering makes a lot of sense.

Oh man...Just you wait. Aside that, how do I post videos? I tried posting one from YouTube, but all it showed was the link. It's the latest PV.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

doomrider7 posted:

Oh man...Just you wait. Aside that, how do I post videos? I tried posting one from YouTube, but all it showed was the link. It's the latest PV.

Yeah, he does get kinda lazy when the orcs come around, but "Lake 2c" isn't a terrible name when you consider how long the list was.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 29, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
theres some javascript that autoconverts youtube links into media tags if you copy and paste it using ctrl c and v

media tags show up as url tags in the forums unless you turn some control panel option on to cause them to embed

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

exploded mummy posted:

theres some javascript that autoconverts youtube links into media tags if you copy and paste it using ctrl c and v

media tags show up as url tags in the forums unless you turn some control panel option on to cause them to embed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0xuqi2qvxY

Ah screw it. Third PV is really loving dope though.

The Lizard Man is Kazuma from Konosuba, the guy in the white pimp suit is Aokiji from One Piece, and the evil clown looking guy with the balls is Zoro of the Straw Hat crew.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 30, 2018

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

GOBTA POWERING UP

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

You can also find preview images on the offical Japanese site.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Here's a Twitter source with more pics.

As an aside, I had done the math on roughly how far the goblin village is from Dwargon and came up with the following,

The manga lists their traveling speed as 50mph and it took them three days. I did the math for this some while ago as follows.

72 hours of overall travel so 3 days exact

50mph Travel speed.

6 to 7 hours of sleep and 1 hour rest period during travel so 7 to 8 hours of non travel time per day.

7 to 8 hours of non travel time times times the 3 days equals 21 to 24 hours of non travel time.

Now subtract those times from the 72 hours and you get 48 to 51 hours of overall travel time.

Now multiply that by their travel speed of 50mph and you get between 2400 to 2550 miles from the Goblin Village to Dwargon.

Basically from Atlanta, Georgia to San Francisco, California.

Here's a visual aid.

https://turbo.paulstamatiou.com/uploads/2010/05/stammy_krystyl_sf_roadtrip_1200.jpg

According to Google Maps it's about a 34 day hike and given goblins were so small, then it perfectly fits(actually the two months is round trip so the numbers are perfectly exact). What this tells us more than anything, is that the Great Forest of Jura is loving MASSIVE since it took them all of those three days to get out of the forest and into the plains leading to the Canaat Mountains where Dwargon is located. Some people have brought up points about going uphill and through valleys along with other non-direct travel. With those in mind , I'd say the low ball estimates would be 1 to 1.5k miles. Still loving massive.

This link has a map of the world of Tensura with info on each kingdom so spoilers obviously.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 30, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I want to buy a Rimuru slime pillow this week.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Found this on YouTube.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

exploded mummy posted:

They're carried over in the official English manga translation.

For anyone interested, please pick them up and support bringing more translations over, they're good and have all the little extra stuff the fan translations don't, like Veldora chapters and little side comics.

(Yen Press has the LNs, if you're interested in those. The next one's coming out in a little over a week, on the 11th.)

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Top-Selling Manga in Japan by Series: 2018

Slime Bro at 9th Place!

Edit: As a nifty frame of reference, Slime's manga has only been in circulation since Mar 26, 2015. So in about three years it's raked in enough popularity to be in the Top 10 in sales alongside series that have been running for MUCH longer and have had time to establish their fan bases. These are some pretty loving strong numbers that point to a second season being VERY HIGHLY likely if not outright certain.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 2, 2018

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I mean, plenty of easy merch to do, really high manga sales, lots of material available to adapt on the LN side and over time the manga side as well, I think it's not only going to get renewed into production really quickly but it'll also keep on trucking and adapt all of the story by the end of it, so that'll be fun to see.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't think so, since it's extremely long, starts to get really boring and repetitive in the middle, and has a pretty anticlimactic ending.

I do hope we get one more season because (WN spoilers) Rimuru becoming a demon lord is probably the high point of the whole thing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sindai posted:

I don't think so, since it's extremely long, starts to get really boring and repetitive in the middle, and has a pretty anticlimactic ending.

I do hope we get one more season because (WN spoilers) Rimuru becoming a demon lord is probably the high point of the whole thing.
I heard that the first few chapters of the manga/LN were seen as sloggish, yet the anime managed to make the opening episodes fun and charming. I think we're in good hands.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Sindai posted:

This is par for the course when you're talking about serialized fiction. The editing quality and pacing tend to be middling at best because the author is focused on churning out regular content.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Sindai posted:

From what I've heard, the author agreed with this sentiment and reworked a lot of new material in and changed a few things up. Case in point, Charybdis is LN and manga only and some characters that got introduced very asspully actually got more fleshed out such as Zegion and Apito and Adalman and Albert amongst other QoL changes to the series.

Overall, I think things will be fine and even the slower parts will likely flow well since I a lot of people seem to be enjoying the SoL aspect of the series since Rimuru is just so drat likable.

Skippy McPants posted:

This is par for the course when you're talking about serialized fiction. The editing quality and pacing tend to be middling at best because the author is focused on churning out regular content.

Most of those issues seem to be from the WN(basically a rough draft) so we'll see how they get handled in the LN.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 2, 2018

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Grouchio posted:

I heard that the first few chapters of the manga/LN were seen as sloggish, yet the anime managed to make the opening episodes fun and charming. I think we're in good hands.

The entire first volume of the manga only goes up to the Trial. As in, it ends just as the trial is starting. The LN ends just as he gets his brand new human form to play with. The early LN parts are kind of wordy, but not in a bad way I felt like and were quite engaging in how they build and explain the mechanics of the world along with fleshing out more aspects of Rimuru's personality via internal monologues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X-zisU94jg

I can't wait for tomorrow. :allears: