Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
People flocking to the honest brutality of MMA because it expressed literally what politicians and businessmen were doing to them figuratively reminds me of the conceit that politics in general is leaving less and less room for metaphor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is Portuguese really weird or is Felix doing an exceptionally poor job pronouncing names?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Henchman of Santa posted:

Is Portuguese really weird or is Felix doing an exceptionally poor job pronouncing names?

lil of A, lil of B

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Felix's MMA series is pretty interesting stuff but man the production quality and editing of the video is baaaad. Let's just show Google Earth images of the locations we're talking about!

I would think with Chapo's visibility and media connections they could've got someone better to do it but oh well.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pellisworth posted:

Felix's MMA series is pretty interesting stuff but man the production quality and editing of the video is baaaad. Let's just show Google Earth images of the locations we're talking about!

I would think with Chapo's visibility and media connections they could've got someone better to do it but oh well.

You're not familiar with Jon Bois are you

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
it's the (very deliberate) Jon Bois aesthetic. check out his other stuff like the Pretty Good series, it's pretty good

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I'm the unnecessarily complicated camera movements over the also needlessly complicated timelines and flow charts.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DeCrecio nooooooooooooooooo!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

DeCrecio nooooooooooooooooo!

oh no

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I'm the unnecessarily complicated camera movements over the also needlessly complicated timelines and flow charts.

Charts are why it's good

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Portuguese is like Spanish with a Russian accent.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1068000629409398784

THE TABLES HAVE TURNED, MR. CHAPO! NOW IT IS *GORKA* WHO HAS WRITTEN THE BOOK! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! GOOOOOOOORKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

I asked a brazilian I know and he said "pretty good for an american"

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The best part about this is the usual suspects on twitter getting red and mad saying that the existence of this art is proof that the chapos are transphobic.

I’m partial to the users really and visibly into degradation, femme BDSM, and hypnokink who are mad about it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

padijun posted:

I asked a brazilian I know and he said "pretty good for an american"

He just pronounces all these guys whose first names start with R as if they start with H and I feel like I’m losing my mind. The entirety of my knowledge of Portuguese names is from soccer players.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

He just pronounces all these guys whose first names start with R as if they start with H and I feel like I’m losing my mind. The entirety of my knowledge of Portuguese names is from soccer players.

That's actually how you say them, I've definitely heard Royce pronounced that way before

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
When I was in basic our dorm chief was Brazilian and he would do things like count or sing lullabies to his shits in Portuguese and it sounded like Spanish with a headcold

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My (Spanish) grandmother teased my (Portuguese) grandfather his entire life by saying Portuguese was just extremely drunken Spanish.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1068000629409398784

THE TABLES HAVE TURNED, MR. CHAPO! NOW IT IS *GORKA* WHO HAS WRITTEN THE BOOK! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! GOOOOOOOORKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

oh hell yeah new reading series

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Donald Cerrone has a horse named Rorse Gracie. Or he did at least, that horse could be dead by now.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Spoeank posted:

My (Spanish) grandmother teased my (Portuguese) grandfather his entire life by saying Portuguese was just extremely drunken Spanish.

This is extremely true for Portuguese. Brazilian Portuguese is the same, except it's drunken Spanish spoken by the town idiot

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

However it has the advantage of adapting quicker to changes, easier to learn and you get to jam more concepts in less words than European Portuguese. The latter is a huge, over complicated mess.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That's actually how you say them, I've definitely heard Royce pronounced that way before

Yeah gracie names are usually pronounced with a very soft rolling r. It's just their accent. Like this city is pronunced "Hecife"

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Christ, how are there still Newsroom RP accounts haha

https://twitter.com/maggiejordanacn/status/1068137201496657920?s=21

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pellisworth posted:

Look at this scrub who doesn't even know about Koo Dae-Sung or Randall Cunningham seizing the means of production.

Serf
May 5, 2011

if you don't like jon bois' style you're just objectively wrong

all this is missing is a few cuts to felix writing poo poo on a whiteboard or stop-motion animations of the worst football game of all time

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Serf posted:

if you don't like jon bois' style you're just objectively wrong

all this is missing is a few cuts to felix writing poo poo on a whiteboard or stop-motion animations of the worst football game of all time

Weird way to spell best

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'm enjoying the doc but it's kinda odd sometimes when Felix goes into podcaster mode, presuming some of the audience won't know who he is.

Not my problem

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I’m partial to the users really and visibly into degradation, femme BDSM, and hypnokink who are mad about it.

Okay but if you have evidence of this i really wanna see it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SlimGoodbody posted:

Okay but if you have evidence of this i really wanna see it

Yes, I would also like to see this evidence. Out of curiosity and a desire to do research. Yeah.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

KoldPT posted:

Yeah gracie names are usually pronounced with a very soft rolling r. It's just their accent. Like this city is pronunced "Hecife"
There was like a whole set of memes about "romos" and "romo kombat" for MMA forums guys to make fun of aikido and such.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Fourth part is up.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The line "He had the body of a podcaster who hit the gym a few times a week" is my favourite humble brag from Felix

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Laura Loomer. Oh my god. She accidentally activated her megaphone's test/sample mode, which then played Fur Elise for a full minute before she realized it was her and tinkered with it until it turned off. Jesus Christ.

And then 'Laura, go on Cum Town!'

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

https://twitter.com/JoePerticone/status/1068266681611505664

Still live

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

I'm brazilian (to my shame atm) and he's not that bad. Mostly he messes up the accent marks (Gastão is pronounced Gaz-tahum, not GasTAOH).

That said, yes portuguese is loving weird and whomever inveted accent marks and out insane conjugation tables should be made immortal and the sealed in a septic tank for eternity.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Sephyr posted:

Gastão is pronounced Gaz-tahum

:psypop:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sephyr posted:

(Gastão is pronounced Gaz-tahum, not GasTAOH).

gently caress you

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Sephyr posted:

(Gastão is pronounced Gaz-tahum, not GasTAOH).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ZFHJutxr8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
What’s the New Athiest’s deal? I was debating a friend of a friend on FB and he cited him as a reason to not listen to some Citations Needed info. Just want to have a better idea of what kind of idiot I was dealing with. One of his awesome comments was “institutional racism doesn’t exist.”

He’s Arab.