Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

In a alternative universe that video is on liveleak and has a nms tag here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir_Lagsalot
May 6, 2007

Connection error
I thought that was the base of a tent that the wind caught at first, then it did the slow-motion replay... :stare:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the slow motion replay really rocks

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Has the truck driver stopped screaming yet?

Yes but he needs a clean thawb

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Gonna go for 2.0!
:golfclap:

Dannywilson posted:

I just want a christmas card

We were doing compressions to this and Stayin Alive:

woke: Stayin' Alive
broke: Another One Bites the Dust

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

This cat is more powerful than I could ever hope to be

e: i was tricked into posting here

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Cable Guy posted:

:golfclap:

woke: Stayin' Alive
broke: Another One Bites the Dust

Now you're making me want to play some Bee Gees. So many ear-worms with them.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

evil_bunnY posted:

It’s ok guyzzzz we don’t need those pesky unions.

Seriously what the gently caress

Organize

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kith posted:

the slow motion replay really rocks

Looks like that rock will never be the head of a major corporation

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
https://i.imgur.com/Q1XZOdS.mp4

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Looks like there's no engine in it, but still, ouch.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Once it's on his head and he's started up the ladder it's hard work but otherwise a fairly straightforward application of effort. What I'm impressed by is getting it on his head on the first place.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

In sandals.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Skippy McPants posted:

It's got a clutch case at least.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I could see that fire from my house when it was burning. It was kinda cool.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Hi, so what gender are you?

...I AM FIRE

Mo Hawk
Jul 17, 2006
HEADPHONE JACK

Skippy McPants posted:

It may have the engine in it, but it's along the lines of a 125, so at least less weight than a litre-bike.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Ak Gara posted:

Hi, so what gender are you?

...I AM FIRE

Was a gender reveal/origin story for the human torch.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/ZSKiWRa.mp4

seems fine

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Live/grew up near refineries, you hear so many stories of friends/husbands exploded in tanks while doing various tasks. 2 diff distant family members died this way. Refineries are a loving joke for safety irl.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

You gotta admit though, that was pretty loving cool.

Totally worth it for that alone.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'd be probably be scrambling off the tank as soon as that started.

Then again, I am not an alcoholic Russian refinery worker wishing for death.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Renegret posted:

You gotta admit though, that was pretty loving cool.

Totally worth it for that alone.

My favorite chemistry/physics demo is the “whoosh can.” Which depicts the same principle in a safer setting.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

El_Elegante posted:

a safer setting.

LAME

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Eh, my car starts beeping if there's something too heavy (a briefcase) on the passenger seat so it's not just a case of morons not wearing their seatbelts.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Use the seatbelt.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Eh, my car starts beeping if there's something too heavy (a briefcase) on the passenger seat so it's not just a case of morons not wearing their seatbelts.

this drives me nuts. also the fact that most cars won't let me pair my phone to the entertainment system while the car isn't in park despite being the passenger

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Yeah. That's a case of morons too lazy to secure heavy objects in the car. Buckle up the briefcase if it's heavy. Worst thing that can happen is it doesn't hit you in the head if you get into an accident.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

this drives me nuts. also the fact that most cars won't let me pair my phone to the entertainment system while the car isn't in park despite being the passenger

Most cars have a secret Konami code that will disable to beep. They usually seem like the actions of a madman.

For a mid 00s Corolla, you have to turn the ignition on, but not the car. Cycle the Trip Reset button until it says Odometer, turn it off, turn the ignition back on, but not the car, and hold the Trip Reset button for 12-20 seconds, then buckle yourself while still holding the button. Then take your finger off the button and press it ONCE. Then turn the car off, and THEN unfasten your seatbelt.

For Subarus it involves starting the car in park, turn off the car, start it again, buckle and unbuckle yourself 25ish times within 30-45 seconds, and immediately turn the car off again.

This message brought to you by my girlfriend regularly carrying enough crap to and from and around her job that she got tired of the passenger seatbelt warning going off. (boxes of liquid foodstuff and securely packaged meds are heavy)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Relentless posted:

Most cars have a secret Konami code that will disable to beep. They usually seem like the actions of a madman.

For a mid 00s Corolla, you have to turn the ignition on, but not the car. Cycle the Trip Reset button until it says Odometer, turn it off, turn the ignition back on, but not the car, and hold the Trip Reset button for 12-20 seconds, then buckle yourself while still holding the button. Then take your finger off the button and press it ONCE. Then turn the car off, and THEN unfasten your seatbelt.

For Subarus it involves starting the car in park, turn off the car, start it again, buckle and unbuckle yourself 25ish times within 30-45 seconds, and immediately turn the car off again.

This message brought to you by my girlfriend regularly carrying enough crap to and from and around her job that she got tired of the passenger seatbelt warning going off. (boxes of liquid foodstuff and securely packaged meds are heavy)

is there a reason she didn't just like buckle the seatbelt then put the stuff on the seat.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

oohhboy posted:

Use the seatbelt.

No.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Relentless posted:

Yes everyone knows this, but it's still bad to do this.

Here are things in cars not being secured:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqGv_x2xEZY

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

RabbitWizard posted:

Yes everyone knows this, but it's still bad to do this.

Here are things in cars not being secured:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqGv_x2xEZY

It's just force of habit to buckle ourselves, don't need warning beeps for it. I just like the arcane weird methods they have to get around it that are free, unlike fake buckles.

My Camry is old enough it doesn't even have beeps, that does not magically mean I forget to buckle myself up like an adult.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it wasnt even mandatory to wear a seatbelt in michigan until the mid 90's. i thought those beeps were warning you that your 8 year old is going to get destroyed by a deploying airbag if you let her sit in the front seat, not that you should strap in your handle of vodka

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
"Who needs an indicator light when you oughta just know?" is quite the post for the OSHA thread.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Relentless posted:

It's just force of habit to buckle ourselves, don't need warning beeps for it. I just like the arcane weird methods they have to get around it that are free, unlike fake buckles.

My Camry is old enough it doesn't even have beeps, that does not magically mean I forget to buckle myself up like an adult.

That's great for you, but there are millions of people with cars and widely varying cognitive loads and ability to handle them.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

Live/grew up near refineries, you hear so many stories of friends/husbands exploded in tanks while doing various tasks. 2 diff distant family members died this way. Refineries are a loving joke for safety irl.

You give me a good excuse to repost the relevant CSB videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U_wfc9Fet4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWkcuR0adeI

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

haveblue posted:

That's great for you, but there are millions of people with cars and widely varying cognitive loads and ability to handle them.

Yeah, which is why it's a neat trick for your personal vehicle, not the company car, and requires you to at least be able to google and follow bizarre instructions to do it.

I'm not advocating to disabling them , or having a switch you can just flick. It's just fun that the option to do it is one step removed from "Pull your left earlobe while touching your tongue with your nose and scratching your right knee."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

oohhboy posted:

Use the seatbelt.

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Seatbelt Dongles $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is airborne