Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Andrast posted:

I do not understand the concept of smash spoilers

World of Light is a story mode with gimmick fights so i guess people don't want to know about anything that could be potentially cool, but i cannot fathom a reason for anyone to give that much of a poo poo

Then again i already don't care about spoilers in anything as it, so idk

Kay Kessler posted:

I can't stop laughing at the fact Matt has to LP Dante's Inferno by himself because literally no one else will do it with him. Can't believe this of all games is where they're drawing the line.

Dante's Inferno is boring as sin and it would require extra editing for a lameass game, I cannot blame them even a little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

People were getting mad at Smash leakers for "spoiling" the soundtrack.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rhonne posted:

People were getting mad at Smash leakers for "spoiling" the soundtrack.

I hate being forced to listen to soundtracks

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat's stance on the Smash leaks is weird, but I don't get why people are incredibly up in arms about it, I guess maybe if you live in a Smash-centric internet bubble you might get spoiled accidentally? The community doesn't seem like it's full of people that would do that, in fact it seems like it's quite the opposite.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's literally no point in a conversation between someone that's slightly bothered by spoilers and someone that has complete apathy.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dias posted:

Pat's stance on the Smash leaks is weird, but I don't get why people are incredibly up in arms about it, I guess maybe if you live in a Smash-centric internet bubble you might get spoiled accidentally? The community doesn't seem like it's full of people that would do that, in fact it seems like it's quite the opposite.

I haven't gone digging but it seems less "up in arms" and more 'annoyed/bummed."

I think a lot of people have been getting excited / anticipating it, and want to go in getting surprised and excited by all the little things, like music, "story" and even just little gags, even if they aren't a big deal in the bigger scheme. The whole game and release feels like a bit of an event, and spoilers/leaks kinda take a bit of excitement out of it. Like, discovering and sharing stuff about a newly released game is always fun when you're apart of it, and it's kind of less fun when everyone's done it the week before it drops.

I also think it's the fact that we're so close to release that's getting people frustrated because, at least personally, I want to try to avoid having the little things spoiled, but it's really hard to resist the urge to check out what people are talking about and stay out of the loop.

Another way to look at it, is it feels like this is stuff that doesn't need to be spoiled/leaked? Like roster or stages, in the situation that Nintendo didn't just reveal them all ahead of time, I could see being a divisive but understandable thing to spoil. On one had, it'd be a lot more spoilery, on the other, that's the juicy poo poo you actually want to know.

I don't really need to know what tracks or spirits are in the game - it'd be more fun to find that on my own I think.

I think it's also just a factor of knowing a bunch of people are playing it while you're still waiting is a bit of a bummer.

Tae posted:

There's literally no point in a conversation between someone that's slightly bothered by spoilers and someone that has complete apathy.

This is probably a much more succinct way to put it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not buying Smash so I like hearing the music

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm buying smash and I'm not waiting to hear music that i've already waited several months to hear when it's right there is my stance on things

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I would totally buy smash if I had someone to play it with but I really don't these days

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
bummer dude

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Doesn't the new smash have a pretty substantial single player adventure mode now? Or am I imagining poo poo

either way I'm glad Snake had his butt restored

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Doesn't the new smash have a pretty substantial single player adventure mode now? Or am I imagining poo poo

either way I'm glad Snake had his butt restored

It does but I'm not buying a Smash game for single player (or online play for that matter).

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I refuse to buy another console before Gen 9 so I'll watch an LP of Smash Ultimate instead.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

god KH1's combat looks so loving joyless

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dabir posted:

It's fun to play but yeah, it doesn't look great from the outside.

It doesn't help that he doesn't have any of the really fun skills equipped yet, and blocking isn't something he's going to be doing ever

Without dodge roll and block you pretty much can't fight right

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's pretty hilarious comparing KH1 gameplay to what Sora is capable of in KH3 though. Kid got real good with that Keyblade.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Funny since 3 will start with an emergency training arc after he bungled DDD.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Motto posted:

Funny since 3 will start with an emergency training arc after he bungled DDD.

He didn't bungle it though?

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Yo run that back, what was the Matt/Woolie MRA poo poo?

Also, man hearing yall talk, I kinda feel like stepping away from them because of Pat and Paige was a good idea. I was hella weary on Paige because of the crowd she kept, but it's apparently they just don't care. I could be wrong in this, but I'd probably be less upset if Pat was actually a bigot and not just taking the most cowardly stance he could take.

Also what was that Matt tweet?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Dabir posted:

It really is. It's some kind of quasi-action game coupled with jrpg menus that don't work because you have to take your finger off the movement stick to do anything that isn't mapped to one of the three (?) shortcuts. It feels really clunky too. I played through it when the remix collection was released and if I hadn't had a bit of nostalgia for it there's no way I'd have made it through.

They should also really just edit the gummi sections out unless something actually happens on them. They're gonna add like an hour or two to the lp in total.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If they didn't edit out random battles, they're not editing out the gummi ships.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

gummi battles are a good time for them to just clearly shoot the poo poo and barely pay attention to the game so it's fine.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Same tbh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

It's a real loving good shot

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I thought Pat was doing that camera zoom-in thing DMC4 had before realising that is an actual, intentional shot.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TheManSeries posted:

Yo run that back, what was the Matt/Woolie MRA poo poo?

Also, man hearing yall talk, I kinda feel like stepping away from them because of Pat and Paige was a good idea. I was hella weary on Paige because of the crowd she kept, but it's apparently they just don't care. I could be wrong in this, but I'd probably be less upset if Pat was actually a bigot and not just taking the most cowardly stance he could take.

Also what was that Matt tweet?

Yeah I don't think either of them are actually fash. Based on everything I have been able observe about them over the years it doesn't really seem compatible with their lives. However, I absolutely think Paige is capable of believing she's smart enough to be above politics and be utterly oblivious to the basic ethical dimensions of not endorsing, entertaining, or hanging out with peope espousing unconscionable beliefs.

And Pat's Pat. He'll defend anything beyond reason, especially if he thinks he or someone he likes is being attacked.
I don't think they're malicious, I think they're both incredibly, willfully, obtuse.

They're my favourite on-screen pairing of all the Best Friends, and it's upsetting because I really don't feel like watching them any more. Because, apparently unlike Paige, I actually do have a moral issue with endorsing people who associate with/tolerate/are fash.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 29, 2018

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Fash

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

They're my favourite on-screen pairing of all the Best Friends, and it's upsetting because I really don't feel like watching them any more. Because, apparently unlike Paige, I actually do have a moral issue with endorsing people who associate with/tolerate/are fash.

Pretty much, yeah. Pat got me into a lot of games I would've passed on through his streams, more than the rest of the Best Friends channel's videos, but now it's just nah hard pass unless something changes.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ion

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Bash

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idfIwJ1LdTs&t=5s

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They clearly just don't care about this political stuff. Which is a perfectly valid view.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MonsterEnvy posted:

They clearly just don't care about this political stuff. Which is a perfectly valid view.

nah

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually it's not a perfectly valid view when you are endorsing and retweeting literal neo nazis, but thanks for playing

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

and yall thought i was dumb

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It just hit me, didn't Liam talk about having someone at EB Games steal him a pre-launch 3DS at some point? I'm surprised people didn't blow up at him for admitting that out loud, too.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://roosterteeth.com/episode/let-s-play-2018-soulcalibur-vi-tournament-with-super-best-friends

EDIT:
Geoff: A victory for Pat is a victory for alt right conservatives everywhere!

Love you Geoff

Burkion fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 30, 2018

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Pat was never my fav and I kinda let Paige being into some bad poo poo slide because A)she wasnt on the podcast and B)I didn't know about the nazi poo poo, but this entire stunt kinda killed me paying attention to them. I didn't really have much place to vent it so this is largely my catharsis of it. I like woolie a lot and Matt enough, but conscience doesn't want me adjacent to anything nazi related even if it's the most fringe connection.

Burkion posted:

https://roosterteeth.com/episode/let-s-play-2018-soulcalibur-vi-tournament-with-super-best-friends

EDIT:

Love you Geoff

God drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Burkion posted:

EDIT:

Love you Geoff

I didn't know Geoff Ramsey was a prophet