Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/399939505924628480?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Guns are loving stupid

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Guns are loving stupid

Not as stupid as Trump

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1068178478116286465

https://twitter.com/tparti/status/1068169897409216512

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mods changed my name posted:

the gun weirdos will probably just blame the blue wave/aoc for this somehow, it's not strong daddies fault

I'm half bracing for violence

Defenestrategy posted:

Black Powder weapons only, it's what the founders would have wanted.

edit: If you can't dispatch your enemy with one shot from a minnie ball followed up by a bayonet charge you have too many enemies and should have friends.

All I'm hearing is you need a swivelgun with cannister shot

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 29, 2018

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The truth is, Russia won. They saw an opportunity and played the long game and when America soon falls into chaos because Trump’s executive power crumbles, they will be the true victors of the Cold War.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm half bracing for violence

there won't be any more violence above the norm, all that poo poo they say is just justification for toy collecting

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vaguely reminiscent of the narcissists prayer.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Obama: I dunno maybe close loopholes and universal background checks? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gunfuckers: ShAlL nOt MeAnS sHaLl NoT

Trump: I’m taking away hats for your shooty Barbie dolls

Gunfuckers: *crickets*

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bump stocks are dumb but the whole effect can be done by hand so whatevs. This seems like a horse and pony show that will get stuck up in courts and waste political power.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
been grinding out these political power points so long we can't waste them

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

The truth is, Russia won. They saw an opportunity and played the long game and when America soon falls into chaos because Trump’s executive power crumbles, they will be the true victors of the Cold War.

Russia has been in arguably worse chaos for 30 years now

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

LingcodKilla posted:

Bump stocks are dumb but the whole effect can be done by hand so whatevs.

Yeah, why bother banning anything that makes it easier to kill people, really, when John Cusack demonstrated you can murder a grown man with a bic pen in Grosse Pointe Blank.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

Yeah, why bother banning anything that makes it easier to kill people, really

Better to spend energy and political capital on something that will actually make a difference for one.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

aphid_licker posted:

Russia has been in arguably worse chaos for 30 years now

This. Russia is a mess, way worse than even the US' chaos. It's more Putin hates competition.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
The NRA already distanced itself from bump stocks, so its cultists wont care that their other cult leader is banning them.

https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would agree if this were the democrats pushing it, but this is entirely the Trump admin doing action via the executive branch. Which is an extra level of hilarity on it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

stealie72 posted:

The NRA already distanced itself from bump stocks, so its cultists wont care that their other cult leader is banning them.

quote:

Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, 

Lol, good job wedging a "Thanks Obama" in there

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

stealie72 posted:

Know why? Because the NRA is bleeding money right now.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

They pulled their google ads because people started clicking a ton to cost them money.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Turns out that building your entire business model on 8 years of crying wolf doesn't pan out when the wolf doesn't want to eat all your sheep. Gun manufacturers are taking a colossal poo poo too for the same reason.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

I think some of that is a scam to pull on more donations. Unless Papa Polonium cut them off too.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
It’s not just gun manufacturers though. We really are on the precipice of another recession. Today Bayer later off 12000 people. Auto manufacturers are shutting down which means quintuple the people affected from tier one suppliers. Sears continues its death throes. Etc

But the fundamentals are good

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh I agree we absolutely are about to hit another recession, but each respective industry is taking hits for their own reasons in addition to the current national trend. Some of them are poor decisions, self inflicted, some of them are tariff related, etc. Some of them are just failure to adapt to the market. Sometimes it's all of the above.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

M_Gargantua posted:

It’s not just gun manufacturers though. We really are on the precipice of another recession. Today Bayer later off 12000 people. Auto manufacturers are shutting down which means quintuple the people affected from tier one suppliers. Sears continues its death throes. Etc

Sears really isn't a sign of a coming recession, it's been in a death spiral ever since it got bought out by that hedge fund lead by a Ayn Rand worshipping autocrat.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/how-eddie-lampert-led-sears-into-bankruptcy-disaster/

BigDave fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 29, 2018

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Vasudus posted:

Gun manufacturers are taking a colossal poo poo too for the same reason.

The ones that didn't sell to a vulture capitalist who dumped debt on them. On top of going "lol what's quality assurance?" Like remington did, were busy going bankrupt building poo poo no one wanted, instead of what they would actually buy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bULArrKs4

Any method used to attack a recognized civil liberty will be used against the others. Like overreach of executive decree. Remember free speech zones under Bush? Or extrajudicially executing American citizens with a drone under Obama?

Does N4I need another lesson in grammar? Because the preamble is in the there as a pretty important reason, but not even the most important part. Which putting in alt caps like you think you're chickenbob doesn't invalidate.

Not contesting gross executive abuse just because its your team is how half this mess got here.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

Wait, so funding stock buybacks with tax cuts isn't a basis for solid economic growth?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/federal-agents-raid-office-attorney-handled-trump-organization-taxes-12-years-report/

Interesting...

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Steezo posted:

The ones that didn't sell to a vulture capitalist who dumped debt on them. On top of going "lol what's quality assurance?" Like remington did, were busy going bankrupt building poo poo no one wanted, instead of what they would actually buy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bULArrKs4

Any method used to attack a recognized civil liberty will be used against the others. Like overreach of executive decree. Remember free speech zones under Bush? Or extrajudicially executing American citizens with a drone under Obama?

Does N4I need another lesson in grammar? Because the preamble is in the there as a pretty important reason, but not even the most important part. Which putting in alt caps like you think you're chickenbob doesn't invalidate.

Not contesting gross executive abuse just because its your team is how half this mess got here.

he's making fun of the cold dead fingers crowd who are a bunch of pussies, hth

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the crowd that dreams about shooting crowds of minorities is going to be livid but the true "tree of liberty" crowd will just shrug and keep stockipiling ammonium nitrate

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Vasudus posted:

Turns out that building your entire business model on 8 years of crying wolf doesn't pan out when the wolf doesn't want to eat all your sheep. Gun manufacturers are taking a colossal poo poo too for the same reason.

If they were smartly representing the gun manufacturers' interests, on Nov 9 2016 they would have flipped the switch and started selling fear of Trump's authoritarianism to libs. But they're more a republican group than a manufacturer lobby group.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

he's making fun of the cold dead fingers crowd who are a bunch of pussies, hth

steezo is one of those cold dead fingers crowd

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

steezo is one of those cold dead fingers crowd

oh i look forward to his valiant defense of are freedoms against executive overreach then

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

oh i look forward to his valiant defense of are freedoms against executive overreach then

naw just sick “burns” because I think his toy collecting hobby is weird

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
it's weird because I have multiple guns but I don't take every insult against weirdo gunfuckers as a direct attack on me, but I suppose thats what happens when you are a weirdo gun fucker

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Whoops wrong thread nm

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Whoops wrong thread nm

you werent wrong though :glomp:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

BigDave posted:

Sears really isn't a sign of a coming recession, it's been in a death spiral ever since it got bought out by that hedge fund lead by a Ayn Rand worshipping autocrat.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/how-eddie-lampert-led-sears-into-bankruptcy-disaster/

I used to sell appliances at Sears back in ~2007 and I'm always baffled that they're hung on this long.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Tbf I understand Steezo’s point about executive overreach and cheering on executive fuckery at any level because it’s your team that’s doing it. I’d prefer to see the legislative process applied to reach the same outcome, but that would of course require our elected officials to actually vote on something and go on the record, which is obviously a Bad Thing come election time.

Frankly I’m quite ok with seeing bump stocks get banned, but I’m not really cool with the process used to do so.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Tbf I understand Steezo’s point about executive overreach and cheering on executive fuckery at any level because it’s your team that’s doing it. I’d prefer to see the legislative process applied to reach the same outcome, but that would of course require our elected officials to actually vote on something and go on the record, which is obviously a Bad Thing come election time.

Frankly I’m quite ok with seeing bump stocks get banned, but I’m not really cool with the process used to do so.

He's not wrong about that, whats funny is the typically republican gun owner types, the self proclaimed defenders of liberty sheep dogs and 3%ers are going to ignore this or lie the blame elsewhere because it was their team that did this. That's all that anyone is saying!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i just wanted to see the mental gymnastics tbh

the whole thing will probably get tied up in court for years and everyone else will forget about it in a day