Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Nice piece of fish posted:

How many of them work in the lovely, ash opposhed to out in the shuburbs or shmall townsh?

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Lote posted:

Or just printing it out and doing it the old school way.

Not even, just highlight in black and then print to .PDF using CutePdf and it erases the meta-data

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

blarzgh posted:

Not even, just highlight in black and then print to .PDF using CutePdf and it erases the meta-data

This. There’s functions specifically designed to do true redactions.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
I’ve only worked for government agencies, the military, and small companies and I’m completely geeked out by my company having their own health clinic on a floor of the building. Ran into a couple PD friends going to muni court and I literally thanked G-d for not having to do that.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Toona the Cat posted:

I’ve only worked for government agencies, the military, and small companies and I’m completely geeked out by my company having their own health clinic on a floor of the building. Ran into a couple PD friends going to muni court and I literally thanked G-d for not having to do that.

No one has to do it! We could just grind the poor to make our bread!

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1032247043992023040

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1068204091392675840

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

“Michael Cohen lies about everything. Except his earlier testimony. And the other earlier testimony. And on all my tax audits. And business deals”

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
I’d say “be patient. We’ll be rid of him soon.” But seeing as the Dems don’t seem to want to actually put forward winable presidential candidates, we’re probably stuck for another 6.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Really strident free speech guys are almost without exception intolerable and popehat is like exhibit a of that species

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

blarzgh posted:

law firms occasionally gently caress this up as well, though usually not more than once

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

ActusRhesus posted:

I’d say “be patient. We’ll be rid of him soon.” But seeing as the Dems don’t seem to want to actually put forward winable presidential candidates, we’re probably stuck for another 6.

The mindset of waiting for some cop to expose all of trump's crimes as if anyone is going to care is pretty special. Democrats really just do not like winning or power.

Just wait til Mueller gets Trump and problem solved.,
as if "collusion" will make more of a difference to the electorate than Trump's well documented last 3 decades of raping, lying, and stealing

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

terrorist ambulance posted:

The mindset of waiting for some cop to expose all of trump's crimes as if anyone is going to care is pretty special. Democrats really just do not like winning or power.

Just wait til Mueller gets Trump and problem solved.,
as if "collusion" will make more of a difference to the electorate than Trump's well documented last 3 decades of raping, lying, and stealing

This.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
The only thing the left has succeeded at in the last 20 years was turning the right into the right into a Bizarro World version of its own, shrill, ouroboros self.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

ActusRhesus posted:

Kamala Harris is viable. Jay Inslee is my dark horse.

Democrats are just bad at politics.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

terrorist ambulance posted:

Really strident free speech guys are almost without exception intolerable and popehat is like exhibit a of that species

I linked it because it sounded like it came right out of this thread, honestly.

I mean, all three branches, and the righty media propaganda stranglehold's pretty hard to break under the best of circumstances. I may not be a real lawyer, but I am a real communication expert, and it's really difficult to understate the pervasive nature of it.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

I like Popehat even though his 1A opinions are militant.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

ActusRhesus posted:

Nah. Best thing about avenatti are his firm website slogans in light of his pending DV allegations.

“Don’t tell me what cases you’ve won. Tell me who you’ve beaten”

“If you cant take a punch, you don’t belong in the ring.”

I am not making this up.

Oh God you aren't hahahahah.

Also now his client is putting him on blast for money and filing poo poo without telling her. Good times.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ActusRhesus posted:

Nah. Best thing about avenatti are his firm website slogans in light of his pending DV allegations.

“Don’t tell me what cases you’ve won. Tell me who you’ve beaten”

“If you cant take a punch, you don’t belong in the ring.”

I am not making this up.

lmao

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Kamala Harris? Really?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
yea lets elect a cop president, see how much worse poo poo can get

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

In 2014, people were laughing at a potential Trump candidacy. I know 2016 is an anomaly, but it’s getting harder and harder to write candidates or a pool of potential candidates off two years before an election.

Anyone with a D or R next to their name starts with 45% of the vote. The most obvious risk to Dems now is if they nominate someone ancient like Biden or Sanders. Outside of that, I’m don’t think I have a barometer for it anymore.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 29, 2018

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ActusRhesus posted:

Kamala Harris? Really?

Trump is gonna convince white people that cops are bad by making fun of her and no one is gonna know what to think

He's already firmly in favor of snitches get stitches

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Oh god the 2020 primary is happening in every thread now, and it's not even 2019 yet.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

One or two things are going to beat Trump:

1. Recession. He loses a good economy he’s done.

2. Even his base gets tired of his bullshit. He has a shelf life. A recession will cause this faster too.

A stuffed suit Dem wins if either of those things happen. And I think both are likely.

Edit: the 2020 election is basically a sandwich.

2nd edit: I still think it’s a good bet Trump chickens out and doesn’t run again. Grifts his campaign funds.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 29, 2018

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Which poster in this thread should be the 2020 Dem candidate?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Yo.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Look Sir Droids posted:

2. Even his base gets tired of his bullshit. He has a shelf life. A recession will cause this faster too.

A stuffed suit Dem wins if either of those things happen. And I think both are likely.

Please Lord grant me the strength not to respond to this post, the wisdom to stay out of D&D, and the courage to ah gently caress it

Trump's base will NEVER get sick of him. The path to victory runs through energizing the Democrats' own base, which is why Hillary lost in 2016. One candidate whipped their voters into a frothing delerium and the other exclaimed "why this display is indecorous indeed. I do believe I should be winning 100 to 0" in a fake Southern accent.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Look Sir Droids posted:

I like Popehat even though his 1A opinions are militant.

I like him because they are.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm going to run as an independent, with a platform that each side will hate so much that the other side will vote for me because the other other side hates it so much.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Look Sir Droids posted:

Edit: the 2020 election is basically a sandwich.

2nd edit: I still think it’s a good bet Trump chickens out and doesn’t run again. Grifts his campaign funds.

trump loses if he keeps his base but loses everyone else, which is much more likely than he loses his base (it's what happened in the midterms)

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Vox Nihili posted:

Please Lord grant me the strength not to respond to this post, the wisdom to stay out of D&D, and the courage to ah gently caress it

Trump's base will NEVER get sick of him. The path to victory runs through energizing the Democrats' own base, which is why Hillary lost in 2016. One candidate whipped their voters into a frothing delerium and the other exclaimed "why this display is indecorous indeed. I do believe I should be winning 100 to 0" in a fake Southern accent.

There’s a healthy portion of his base that will never leave him. His base also wasn’t enough to get him elected. If he loses a percent of his base and/or a percent of the hold your nose crowd, he’s not winning. His base turned out in 2018 and look what happened. Democrat turnout is also important but Hillary Clinton is likely as bad as D turnout in a presidential year can get.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

I’ve said repeatedly Trump didn’t win. Clinton lost.

Personally I liked Webb.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

ActusRhesus posted:

I’ve said repeatedly Trump didn’t win. Clinton lost.

Personally I liked Webb.

Alec Baldwin was a better Webb than he is a Trump.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Pook Good Mook posted:

Alec Baldwin was a better Webb than he is a Trump.

That doesn’t say much. Trump is such a target rich environment, but SNL seems to keep going to the same crap. Their trump sketches don’t really amuse me the way Obama, Bush, Palin, and H. Clinton did. It’s badically just Baldwin ranting. *shrug*

I mean... he is the greatest actor that ever lived and all. But... meh.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Alec Baldwin’s Trump is poo poo tier.

Alec Baldwin’s Jack Ryan is the best Jack Ryan. Fight me.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Discendo Vox posted:

HDD91

Look Sir Droids posted:

Alec Baldwin’s Trump is poo poo tier.

I'd hire you as a professor of Jack Ryanism.
I'd fire you as a ConLaw professor.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Chris Pine isn’t the best, but he’s definitely the most underrated Jack Ryan

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The only person in this thread who would lose to Trump would be Throatwarbler because he keeps hiding his drat emails

Edit: I didn't even know Chris pine played jack Ryan , I thought it was just Baldwin, Ford, Affleck and Jim from office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Look Sir Droids posted:

\__We need to talk