Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Currently sitting on 415 Ultra Balls and 175 Pinap Berries. Bring it on, Community Weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
So just to make sure, community day weekend starts 1pm PST Friday with all the spawns, has its REAL bonus time on Saturday from 11am-2pm like a normal community day where we get 2x catch exp/stardust and 2x incubator effectiveness, then back to just the spawns that stops at 11pm Sunday night. Then, despite their wording, Niantic confirmed that no, we can't change existing evolved Pokemon to get exclusive moves via TM.

Exclusive moves are:
  • Pikachu: Surf (comes with catch)
  • Eevee: Last Resort
  • Dratini: Draco Meteor
  • Larvitar: Smack Down
  • Mareep: Dragon Pulse
  • Beldum: Meteor Mash
  • Bulbasaur: Frenzy Plant
  • Chikorita: Frenzy Plant
  • Charmander: Blast Burn
  • Cyndaquil: Blast Burn
  • Squirtle: Hydro Cannon
Honestly none of the exclusive moves are that important in the meta mostly because of the Pokemon themselves, not because of the moves, which are still the best for who they come with except Dratini (Outrage is still insanely better) or gimmicky ones like Pikachu and Mareep's (might be better if/when mega evolution comes?). Smack Down Tyranitar is still great but Niantic doesn't seem to be re-releasing old legendaries anymore, where the double rock got its worth, so I don't rate them as useful as they used to be and would rather get shiny Tyranitar with double dark moves instead. You could get the same double rock moveset with Rhyperior now too, and isn't far behind in stats, and leave ground type to Groudon.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 28, 2018

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Wait the event ends Sunday night at 11pm pst?

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

https://pokemongolive.com/post/dec18-cd/

Yeah unless Niantic is lying again.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Focus on Beldums for Meteor Mash and Larvitars for both Rock and Dark teams. Bulbasaur is also very useful due to Frenzy Plant. There's a big drop off after those 3 so use your Pinaps accordingly.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Found a couple of pidgeys immediately after complaining, got a green caterpillar for my troubles. Welp.

Did just get an update that lets you sort your friends list by name/friendship rank/gift though, so that’s a nice touch.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Maw posted:

Found a couple of pidgeys immediately after complaining, got a green caterpillar for my troubles. Welp.

Did just get an update that lets you sort your friends list by name/friendship rank/gift though, so that’s a nice touch.

And search! You can search friends! It's super great for trading!

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lindaly12 if you're still watching the thread and want to coordinate lucky eggs before we hit best friends, let me know!

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Apashnaka, BirdyDaddy, dkjzzjanet421, EdibleVenus45, Louisgod, SimplestSimon, USForeignPolicy, patwmurr, Ymyry, ApeLaw, KatesAgate.

I'm going to pop the gift to take us to ultra friends on Saturday 11:45 MST, 15 minutes before the CD bonus time.

mvxvi, r1vls, saraej14, WhoperSr, you can join in too if you open up your gift.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oyster posted:

And search! You can search friends! It's super great for trading!

:aaaaa: I totally missed this! About time they added it in!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Anybody that's my friend that wants to pop a gift to do ultra or best friends please go for it.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Had about the best luck I've ever had in one day today:
  • Hatched my first Budew and Smoochum (last hatches I was missing for dex)
  • Traded for a Torkoal (down to 2 regionals, plus the new Sinnoh ones)
  • Caught shiny Aerodactyl, Shuppet and Natu (all new shinies for me)
  • Evolved a shiny Roserade

Has it been confirmed anywhere whether we'll be getting increased shinies for the community weekend the whole way through, or only for the three hours? I missed Bulbasaur and Charmander (and getting a couple more Mareep would be good); those are my only real aims for this weekend.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice

Louisgod posted:

Anybody that's my friend that wants to pop a gift to do ultra or best friends please go for it.

My in-game name is bwargle and same, I extremely don't care.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Well poo poo, I thought I was eligible for an EX raid pass at the gym we were targeting this week, but I didn't get one. Turns out I had raided it once on the 17th and forgot to go back to do another one within the past week. I even called out a 2-star raid yesterday but didn't wait around for it to hatch. :v:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Apparently they already changed raid bosses again. That was what, one day for the fossils that people still need for the meltan questline?

At least Shinx is back.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
:wtc:

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

Xinder posted:

Apparently they already changed raid bosses again. That was what, one day for the fossils that people still need for the meltan questline?

At least Shinx is back.

Yeah, I was kinda banking on the fossils being in raids. I still need 1 raid to finish the 10 raid step.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

FlyTB20C posted:

Yeah, I was kinda banking on the fossils being in raids. I still need 1 raid to finish the 10 raid step.

I need 5 more and I didn't raid today because it was cold and looked like it'd be warmer tomorrow. So I just banked my freebie for today and planned to do 2 of them tomorrow. Thanks niantic.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Willsun posted:

So just to make sure, community day weekend starts 1pm PST Friday with all the spawns, has its REAL bonus time on Saturday from 11am-2pm like a normal community day where we get 2x catch exp/stardust and 2x incubator effectiveness, then back to just the spawns that stops at 11pm Sunday night. Then, despite their wording, Niantic confirmed that no, we can't change existing evolved Pokemon to get exclusive moves via TM.

Bonus time is on Sunday for me, so check your region.
https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Community day I’m just excited to try and get dragonite and Tyranitar candy really. Always in short supply for me.

How good is the evolved form of Mareep? I have a lower CP one, so I’ll be looking to try and evolve a better one up.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Community day I’m just excited to try and get dragonite and Tyranitar candy really. Always in short supply for me.

How good is the evolved form of Mareep? I have a lower CP one, so I’ll be looking to try and evolve a better one up.

It's not great, but when it gets its Mega evo it might be good and it'll have a good dragon move, which it gains as a type.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I had pokemon on 5 gyms yesterday and didn't get 50 coins. 3 times they were knocked out after 10 minutes. Who the gently caress is following me and knocking out my mons. Show yourself, coward!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Wheany posted:

I had pokemon on 5 gyms yesterday and didn't get 50 coins. 3 times they were knocked out after 10 minutes. Who the gently caress is following me and knocking out my mons. Show yourself, coward!

I was in the middle of a hospital's inner courtyard (An appointment! Not trespassing!) with no one around, cleared the gym that no one can get to outside, and bam it was retaken instantly. Spoofers, or the CT scan tech? :iiam:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I finally hit level 40. Never thought I would hit it but hey here I am.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

seiferguy posted:

I finally hit level 40. Never thought I would hit it but hey here I am.
just gotta keep grinding

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
And why the gently caress is the "GPS SIGNAL NOT FOUND (11)" red banner the most urgent thing that the player has to know at all times and in every screen? I don't care if i have no gps signal when looking at my pokemon. I don't care when I'm looking at my friends. The only time I care is when I'm looking at the map screen and can't tap on a pokemon or a gym/stop. (and the game could just show the gyms and stops anyway, it's unlikely I teleported 500 meters away suddenly)

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
It'd matter if you were trying to evolve for a community day move and the lack of gps would keep you from getting it. Aside from that yeah, it's super annoying.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Stesykes - we are bff tomorrow. You are level 40. Do you care?

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

omnibobb posted:

Stesykes - we are bff tomorrow. You are level 40. Do you care?

Nah, just open whenever you want.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

"Getting one evolution item per week is super slow and limiting."

"Okay, more opportunities will be coming."

*Sinnoh Stone is now only a chance of appearing on the 7th day research reward instead of guaranteed.*

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Well they meant more opportunities NOT to get a sinnoh stone. obviously. :v:

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Any word on if they upped the spawn rates on dittos? I caught 3 today already.

They also seem to have promoted a bunch of gyms to ex-raid gyms. In my area, two that were demoted a couple months ago are suddenly ex eligible again, and a newly created gym (after one was removed from an elementary school) has been promoted today also. Check your local gyms!

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I got 20 loving normal pokeballs instead of a Sinnoh Stone. Know where those pokeballs went? right into the loving trash, I don't have room for poo poo.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

OgreNoah posted:

I got 20 loving normal pokeballs instead of a Sinnoh Stone. Know where those pokeballs went? right into the loving trash, I don't have room for poo poo.

Yikes. I have 680 normal Pokeballs and feel like I really need to invest in some more item storage to get more before Community Weekend starts tomorrow.

Just trashed another hundred Ultra Balls to make room.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Attention Nils1984, this is PizzaLad69. We should be best friends tomorrow, would you like to coordinate for the purpose of egging?

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Yikes. I have 680 normal Pokeballs and feel like I really need to invest in some more item storage to get more before Community Weekend starts tomorrow.

Just trashed another hundred Ultra Balls to make room.

are you planning on just using your gotcha? otherwise, why would you keep normals when you could have ultras?

edit: to be fair, i probably don't need 350 golden razzes

edit2: i still need to buy 650 items slots worth, which is a lot of coins

OgreNoah fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 29, 2018

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

OgreNoah posted:

are you planning on just using you gotcha? otherwise, why would you keep normals when you could have ultras?

Planning on keeping my Go-tcha running as close to 24/7 as I can get. I’ve still got plenty of Ultras to use manually.

Also Edit: Yeah I’ve been trying to talk myself into getting rid of some Golden Razzes for a while. It just feels wrong, but I really have no need for hundreds of them.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 29, 2018

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Have you fed every single normal razz berry to pokemon for extra dust? If not, then why contemplate chucking GRBs?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Good day! Caught 2 Deoxys and 5 Cresselia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

BGrifter posted:

Planning on keeping my Go-tcha running as close to 24/7 as I can get. I’ve still got plenty of Ultras to use manually.

Also Edit: Yeah I’ve been trying to talk myself into getting rid of some Golden Razzes for a while. It just feels wrong, but I really have no need for hundreds of them.

Just treat them like normal berries and feed them to friendly gyms until you have less than 100 of them